你知道吗
You know.
我怎么也当不了一个好学生
I wasn't a good student by any stretch.
孩子们都笑话我
Kids made fun of me.
但是我的妈妈 在照顾完五个孩子
But my mom, after taking care of five boys,
做完晚饭 收拾家里之后
after cooking dinners and cleaning the house
还会看看我老师写的信
and going through letters from my teachers,
她会整夜地坐在旁边指导我学习
she would actually sit down and tutor me every night.
而且有效了
And it worked.
我成绩好了一些 也长高了一些
I got better grades, I grew a few inches
孩子们也不再总是笑话我了
and kids stopped making fun of me as much.
你要衷心敬爱母亲们
Moms - you gotta love 'em.
但是父亲们 就不一定了
Dads, not so much.
显然我父亲把时间都花在镇上到处播种了
Apparently mine was spending time all over town.
我妈妈 她从来不对我们中的任何一个谈这些事
My mom, she never talked about it, to any of us.
直到有一天晚上 我们在我哥哥的婚礼上
One night we were at my brother's wedding.
我们坐在那里 只有我们两个人
We were sitting there, just the two of us
她终于告诉了我他做的所有事
and she finally told me everything that he had done,
以及他到底伤她有多重
how badly he had hurt her.
然后
And,
额 就是那晚我向她保证
ah, that was the night I promised her
我绝对不会变得和他一样
I would never be like him.
我绝对不会成为我父亲那样的男人
I would never be my father.
我可能成了你所说的 人们的大众情人
And I might have been the resident "ladies' man",
但我从来没有出轨过
as you put it, but I never cheated.
从来没有
Never.
但是你不能一生都花在推开所有人上
But you can't spend your whole life pushing people away,
柯林
though Collin.
目前为止还行得通
It's worked so far.
但是
But...
听我说 我想提个建议 好吗
Listen, I want to make a suggestion. Okay?
到目前为止这房♥子我们收拾得很不错
We've made a lot of progress on this house.
非常不错
Great progress.
是的
Yes we have.
但是我们还有许多重大工程要做
But we have some pretty big jobs coming up,
弄屋顶 电路 水管
roofing, electrical, plumbing.
所以如果你同意的话 我有一些朋友或许
So, with your permission, I have some friends who could
可以帮忙 这样你也能稍微早一点
probably help with that to get you in your home
搬回你的家
a little quicker.
好啊 我觉得可以
Okay. I could be open to that.
啊 太棒了
Uh. Great.
劳伦 不知道你还记不记得我的老朋友们
Lauren, I don't know if you remember any of my old friends.
他们刚从清理高速公路主干道的
But they just got back from clearing the main road
工作上回来
out to the highway.
戴夫 肖恩 西罗
Dev, we got Shawn and Ciro.
戴夫 很高兴再见到你
Yeah yeah. Dev, good to see you again.
劳伦 你好吗
Lauren, how have you been?
嘿 别这么急 她可是有未婚夫的
Hey, take it easy,she's got a fiance now.
我只是打个招呼而已
I'm just saying 'hi'.
肖恩 很高兴见到你
Shawn, good to see you.
西罗 谢谢你 谢谢
Ciro, thank you, thank you.
戴夫 你来装水管怎么样
Well Dev, how do you feel about plumbing?
我对弄水管很在行
I feel great about plumbing.
上大学的时候我跟一个水管工干过活
I had a job with a plumber back in college.
让我来搞定它
Let me flush it out.
说定了
No kidding.
好吧 我打算从屋顶开始弄
Okay, I'm going to get started on the roof.
有人了解电路吗
Does anyone know much about electrical?
电路 我和肖恩 我们来搞定
Electrical. Me and Shawn, we got it.
我还以为没人行呢
I thought I was going to get a 'no' there.
别担心 我们修过电路
Don't worry, we've done the circuit.
嗯 我没那么大本事 不过我可以帮忙搬重物
Well I'm not that qualified, but I can lift heavy things.
我相信你可以的 西罗
I'm sure you can, Ciro.
各位 说真的 这对我来说意义非凡
Guys, this means so much to me. Honestly.
非常感谢你们
Thank you so so much.
不好意思
Sorry.
哦 天哪 这真是个好消息
Oh, hey, this is really good news.
怎么了
What?
嗯 是内森 他说我们的众筹网页
Yeah, it's Nathan. He says we are getting tons
获得了大量的媒体关注
of media attention on the crowd funding page.
-那太棒了 -非常棒
-That's awesome. -So awesome!
现在我们只需要等着看世界人♥民♥愿不愿意帮忙了
Now we just got to wait and see if the world wants to help out.
哦 他们会帮的
Oh, they will.
他们会看到这场风暴带来的伤害 他们会帮忙的
They'll see how much damage this storm did, they'll help.
我知道
I know.
要有信心 好吗
Just have faith. Okay?
现在 告诉西罗先搬哪根木瓦
Now, tell Ciro which shingles to lift first.
我们要开始干活了
And we'll go ahead and get started.
怎么样
What's up?
嘿
Hey!
所以 额 你和柯林
So, um. You and Collin?
我们只是朋友
We're friends.
好啦 我有未婚夫
Okay, I have a fiance.
哦 好吧
Oh. Okay
怎么了
Why?
就是 你知道的 我觉得你们两个有感觉
It's just, you know, I thought I was getting a vibe.
不 没有感觉
No, no vibe.
好吧 没有感觉
Okay. No vibe.
为什么 你是注意到什么了吗
Why, did you pick up on a vibe, or something?
干什么 这是在小学吗
What is this, grade school?
我是不是应该数学课的时候给你递张纸条
Should I pass a note for you during math class?
只是 柯林有点喜欢你
Well, Collin kind of likes you.
真的吗
Really?
而且你也有点喜欢他
And you kind of like him.
是啊 我真的很喜欢柯林做我的朋友
Yeah... I really like Collin as a friend.
真的 他在这场风暴中的表现
Seriously, he's been amazing to me throughout
很让我惊艳
this whole storm situation.
不是这个意思 小时候你就喜欢他
No, as a little kid you liked him,
长大了你还喜欢他
as a big kid you liked him,
他搬到乔治亚的时候 你喜欢他
when he moved to Georgia, you liked him.
他搬回来的时候 毫无疑问 你依然喜欢他
And when he moved back, no surprises there, you liked him.
我有未婚夫
I've got a fiance.
好吧 劳伦
Okay, Lauren.
多谢了各位 谢谢你们
Thanks so much, you guys. Thank you!
哇哦
Wow.
真不敢相信我们都已经
I cannot believe how much progress
弄了这么多了
we've made on this house.
亚米希人一天就可以建好一座谷仓
Well, the Amish can build a barn in a day.
所以按这个标准 我们差得有点远
So by that standard, we're kind of far behind schedule.
是啊 不过说真的 你的朋友们真给力
Yeah, but, seriously, your friends are really awesome.
那个西罗力气可真够大的
That Ciro can really lift heavy things.
是啊 我想他们还不错
Yeah, they're all right, I guess.
他们不错 你也不错
They're all right and you're all right.
作为这么好的一个朋友 你就接受我的夸奖吧
Just take credit for what an awesome friend you've been.
朋友吗
Friend, huh.
是啊 你一直在帮我重建我的房♥子
Yes, you are helping me to rebuild my house.
嗯 我想今晚我就住在这儿了
Well, I think I'm going to spend the night here tonight.
这房♥子里面还是空空的
There's no interior of the house.
你要怎么住
How are you going to do that?
不 不 不是住在房♥子里 住在仓库里
No, no, not in the house. In the barn.
另外 房♥子已经有自来水 天然气 我需要的所有东西了
Plus the house has running water, gas, everything I need.
你自己住在谷仓里
By yourself, in the barn?
不 还有小舞 是不是乖狗狗
No, with Dancer. Right pup?
行吧 嗯 我会住在我自己家里
All right, well, I'll be staying the night at my place,
所以 如果你需要一个住的地方
so, you know, if you ever needed a place to crash.
你是在想和我一起过夜吗
Are you trying to spend the night with me?
不是 我只是想让你知道
No. I'm just letting you know
如果你不想独自一人在仓库的话
if you don't feel like staying at the barn by yourself,
你有其他地方可去
you have a place.
你真是太贴心了 但我是大姑娘了 我应付得来
That's sweet of you, but I'm a big girl. I got this.
只是作为朋友的提议而已
Just offering as a friend.
电影精选列表