对你的宗教信仰有一些严重的怀疑。
There has been some grave doubt about your religious beliefs.
我知道。他们总是称我为无神论者,因为我拒绝成为教会成员。
I know. They've always called me an atheist because I've refused to become a church member.
你为什么拒绝呢?
And why have you refused?
我发现他们的信条对我来说太复杂了。
I have found their articles of belief too complicated for me.
但我向你保证,巴雷特博士,任何时候,只要教会成员的唯一资格是服从救主对律法和福音的陈述,我都乐意加入。
But I assure you, Dr. Barrett, that I will gladly join, at any time, any church whose sole qualification for membership is obedience to the savior's own statement of law and gospel.
"你要尽心、尽性、尽意爱耶♥和♥华♥你的神。
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind.
又要爱人如己。”
And thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."
好了,先生们,请原谅,我想林肯夫人正准备稍微整理一下,我得看看能不能帮上忙。
Now, gentlemen, if you will excuse me, I believe Mrs. Lincoln IS preparing a slight collation and I must see if I can be of any help.
先生们,结果如何?
Gentlemen, what's the verdict?
-那人无疑是个异教♥徒♥。-还是个激进分子。
- The man unquestionably is an infidel. - And a radical.
他和道格拉斯一样是个煽动家。
He's as much of a demagogue as Douglas.
他是一个奇怪而原始的理想主义者。
He's an idealist in a curious, primitive way.
他是个彻头彻尾的煽动者。
He's a rabble-rouser, pure and simple.
在我看来,林肯这个人并不安全。
In my opinion, this man Lincoln is not safe.
-不安全是什么意思?-仅此而已。他是个激进分子。
- What do you mean, not safe? - Just that. He's a radical.
一个一心一意讨好群氓的人会养成一种群氓心态。
A man who devotes himself so wholeheartedly to currying favor with the mob develops a mob mentality.
更重要的是,他回避我们的问题。
And what's more, he evaded our questions.
好了,先生们。
Now, please, gentlemen.
我对经济和神学的了解可能不如你多,但我了解政♥治♥,我们对候选人的基本要求是什么?
I may not know as much as you do about economics and theology, but I do know politics, and what is the essential quality that we demand in our candidate?
就是这样,他才能够当选。
It is simply this, that he be able to get himself elected.
你说的有些道理。
There's something in what you say.
你觉得他能做到吗?
And do you think he can do it?
先生们,我告诉你们,在那辆粗陋的火车上,你们可以看到一个最狡猾的政客,他是有史以来最能蒙骗乡巴佬的。
I tell you, gentlemen, in that uncouth rail-splitter, you may observe one of the slickest, smoothest politicians that ever hoodwinked a yokel mob.
他当然回避了你的问题。
Of course he evaded your questions.
你问他关于劳工的问题,他说,“我相信民♥主♥。”
You asked him about the labor question and he said, "I believe in democracy."
你问他关于宗教的事,他回答说:“爱人如己。”
You asked him about religion and he replied, "Love thy neighbor as thyself."
现在你知道你不能否认这一点,你们中的任何一个。
Now you know you couldn't argue with that, any of you.
选民们会喜欢他,因为他和他们一样普通,一个朴素的美国人。
The voters will love him because he's just as common as they are, a plain, homespun American.
他的名字是对的,诚实的老亚伯。
His very name is right, honest old Abe.
他现在会跟我们玩这个游戏,在我们把他送进白宫后,他还会继续玩这个游戏。
He'll play the game with us now, and he'll go right on playing it after we get him into the White House.
-他会照我们说的做。-小心点,克里明先生。
- He'll do just what we tell him. - Careful, Mr. Crimmin.
现在,先生们,请到餐厅去,林肯夫人很乐意为你们倒杯茶。
And now, gentlemen, if you will step into the dining room, Mrs. Lincoln will be pleased to serve you with a cup of tea.
-谢谢。-这真是太客气了。
- Thank you. - This is most gracious.
带上你的雪茄,克里明先生。
Bring your cigar with you, Mr. Crimmin.
谢谢你!谢谢你!
Thank you. Thank you.
...国家的选择。
...the choice of the nation.
我们的酋长如此勇敢,如此忠诚。
Our chieftain so brave and so true.
我们要进行大改革。
We'll go for the great reformation.
为了林肯和自♥由♥。
For Lincoln and liberty too.
我们去找肯塔基之子。
We'll go for the son of Kentucky.
印第安纳州的英雄通过。
The hero of Hoosierdom through.
笨蛋的骄傲是如此的幸运。
The pride of the suckers so lucky.
为了林肯和自♥由♥。
For Lincoln and liberty too.
我们去找肯塔基之子。
We'll go for the son of Kentucky.
印第安纳州的英雄通过。
The hero of Hoosierdom through.
笨蛋的骄傲是如此的幸运。
The pride of the suckers so lucky.
为了林肯和自♥由♥。
For Lincoln and liberty too.
林肯先生有什么心事吗?
Mr. Lincoln seem to be worrying any?
不。他在里面看报纸。
No. He's in there reading the newspaper.
林肯和道格拉斯在伊利诺伊州并驾齐驱。
Lincoln and Douglas neck and neck in Illinois.
马里兰全力支持贝尔和布雷肯里奇。
Maryland is going all for Bell and Breckinridge.
亚伯,你根本不在马里兰。
Abe, you're nowhere in Maryland.
我看到《纽约先驱报》说我把尤赖亚·希普的灵魂装进了一只狒狒的身体里。
I see the New York Herald says I got the soul of a Uriah Heep encased in the body of a baboon.
它是怎么说纽约的?
What does it say about New York?
道格拉斯117000年。106年林肯。
Douglas 117,000. Lincoln 106.
他在纽约赢了你,亚伯。
He's winning from you in New York, Abe.
还没有,玛丽。到目前为止,这些回报大多来自道格拉斯公♥司♥经营最强劲的城市。
Not yet, Mary. These returns so far are coming most from the city where Douglas is bound to run the strongest.
尼尼安,宾夕法尼亚州是什么样子的?
What does it look like in Pennsylvania, Ninian?
没什么好担心的,玛丽。
There's nothing to worry about there, Mary.
对亚伯来说很安全。事实上,根本没有必要担心。
It's safe for Abe. In fact, there's no need to worry at all.
是啊,你整晚都在说这句话。
Yes, you've said that over and over all evening.
“没必要担心。”
"There's no need to worry."
当每一个新的公告都显示道格拉斯领先时,我们怎么能不担心呢?
How can we help worrying when every new bulletin shows Douglas ahead?
每一张照片都显示了安倍的进步。
Every one of them shows Abe gaining.
给他们点时间,让他们在纽约清点所有选票,然后你就可以去白宫了。
Just give them time to count all the votes in New York, and you'll be on your way to the White House.
他们为什么不快点?为什么没有回报?
Why don't they hurry? Why don't those returns come in?
他们很快就会来的。
They'll come in soon enough.
纽约来的电报。
Telegram from New York.
奥古斯特·贝尔蒙特先生说道格拉斯在纽约市获得了超过5万张选票毫无疑问将赢得整个州。
Mr. August Belmont states that Douglas has piled up a majority of 50,000 votes in New York City and will undoubtedly carry the state.
哦,闭嘴!
Oh, shut up!
那群暴徒真让人恶心。
That mob down there is sickening.
不管消息是好是坏,他们都会为墙上的每一个公告欢呼。
They cheer every bulletin that's flashed on the wall whether the news is good or bad.
他们以同样美好而无知的热情为每位候选人的每张照片欢呼,包括乔治·华盛顿。
They cheer every picture of every candidate, including George Washington, with the same fine, ignorant enthusiasm.
也许他们看不出其中的区别。
Maybe they can't tell the difference.
记者都在外面,林肯先生。他们想知道你当选后的第一个正式行动是什么?
The reporters are outside, Mr. Lincoln. They want to know what will be your first official action after you're elected?
你想让我们怎么跟他们说,亚伯?
What do you want us to tell them, Abe?
告诉他们我想留胡子。
Tell them I'm thinking of growing a beard.
-什么?-是什么让你这么想的?
- A what? - Whatever put that idea in your head?
我收到一个小女孩的信,说我应该留胡子,让我更有尊严。
I had a letter from a little girl, said I ought to have whiskers to give me more dignity.
如果我当选,我需要它。
I'll need it if elected.
“密苏里州。道格拉斯,35,000,贝尔,33,布雷肯里奇,16,林肯,8。”
"Missouri. Douglas, 35,000, Bell, 33, Breckinridge, 16, Lincoln, 8."
林肯先生,你在罗德岛击败了他们。
Mr. Lincoln, you're beating them badly in Rhode Island.
-他们在为什么欢呼?-他们不知道。
- What are they cheering for? - They don't know.
芝加哥时报说,林肯崩溃了。
Chicago Times says, "Lincoln breaks down.
他的心脏衰竭了。他说不出话来。他的腿不行了。
His heart fails him. His tongue fails him. His legs fail him.
他彻底失败了。道格拉斯剥了活狗的皮。”
He fails all over. Douglas skins the living dog."
停止它!
Stop it!
我再也受不了了。
I can't stand it any longer.
是的,亲爱的。我想你该回家了。
Yes, my dear. I think you should go home.
-我马上就来。-我不回家。
- I'll join you presently. - I won't go home.
你只是想摆脱我。
You only want to be rid of me.
从我们结婚那天起,在那之前,你就一直想要这样。
That's all you've wanted ever since the day we were married and before that.
只要能让我离开你的视线,因为你恨我。
Anything to get me out of your sight because you hate me.
你们所有人都一样,他所有的朋友。
And it's the same with all of you, all his friends.
你恨我。你希望我从未走进他的生活。
You hate me. You wish I'd never come into his life.
不,玛丽。
No, Mary.
你们能出去一下吗?
Will you all please step out for a minute?
你为什么要抓住一切机会让你和我在公众面前出丑?
Why do you take every opportunity you can to make a public fool out of me and yourself?
你在自己家里这样做已经够糟糕的了,但在众人面前……
It's bad enough when you act like that in the privacy of our own home, but here in front of people...
你不能再这么做了,听到了吗?
You're not to do that again, do you hear?
你不能再那样做了。
You're never to do that again.
你从来没这么跟我说话过。
You never spoke to me like that before.
你发脾气了,亚伯。
You lost your temper, Abe.
你以前从来没这么做过。
You've never done that before.
对不起,玛丽。
I'm sorry, Mary.
我还是觉得你应该回家而不是待在这里忍♥受死囚的折磨。
I still think you should go home rather than stay here and endure the strain of this death watch.
这是我小时候梦到的夜晚。
This is the night I dreamed about when I was a child.
当我还是一个兴奋的年轻姑娘时,春田所有的年轻的男同志们都在向我求爱。
When I was an excited young girl and all the gay, young gentlemen in Springfield were courting me.
而我却爱上了最不可能爱上的人。
And I fell in love with the least likely of them.
今晚我在等待我丈夫当选美国总统的消息,即使他当选了……这毁了我的生活。
This is the night I'm waiting to hear my husband has become President of the United States, and even if he does... it's ruined for me.
太迟了。
It's too late.
-妈妈还好吗?-是的,儿子。
- Is Mother all right? - Yes, son.
她要回家了。你最好和她一起去。
She's going home. You'd better go with her.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
看起来你肯定会获得74张选举人票,可能还会有27张。
It looks like 74 electoral votes sure for you, and 27 more, probably.
纽约会让你赢得选举。
New York will give you the election.
记住我的话,林肯先生,这次选举已经包得严严实实,准备今晚送到你家门口。
Mark my words, Mr. Lincoln, this election is wrapped up tightly in a neat bundle, ready to deliver on your doorstep tonight.
我们打了一场漂亮的仗,我们赢了。
We've fought the good fight and we've won.
是的。我们在腐♥败♥政♥治♥史上最肮脏的竞选中打了一场漂亮的仗。
Yes. We've fought the good fight in the dirtiest campaign in the history of corrupt politics.
如果我赢了,我必须兑现所有以我的名义做出的不诚实承诺。
And if I win, I must fill all the dishonest pledges made in my name.
你们先生们都是我们候选人的好朋友,所以也许你们能回答一个一直困扰着我的问题。
You gentlemen have all been close friends of our candidate for a long time, So possibly you can answer a question that's been puzzling me considerably.
我认为他不想赢,这可能是对的吗?
Can I possibly be correct in supposing that he doesn't want to win?
答案是肯定的。
The answer is yes.
我只能说,对我来说,这是一次全新的体验。
I can only say that for me, this is all a refreshingly new experience.
你想在这个时候成为美国总统吗?
Would you want to become President of the United States at this time?
你最近没看报纸吗?
Haven't you been reading the newspapers lately?
为什么,是的。我试着跟踪当天发生的事情。
Why, yes. I try to follow the events of the day.
你不知道他们在南卡罗来纳募集了一万名志愿者吗?
Don't you realize that they've raised 10,000 volunteers in South Carolina?
他们在武装他们。
They're arming them.
州长发布公告说,如果林肯先生当选,这个州明天就脱离联邦。
The governor has issued a proclamation saying that if Mr. Lincoln is elected, the state will secede tomorrow.
电影精选列表