别再离开我了。
Don't ever go away from me again.
我们会快乐的。
We will be happy.
老林肯。
Old Abe Lincoln.
从荒野中走来。
Came out of the wilderness.
走出荒野。
Out of the wilderness.
走出荒野。
Out of the wilderness.
老亚伯·林肯……安倍以205票对3票赢得了新塞勒姆!
Old Abe Lincoln... Abe carried New Salem by 205 votes to three!
我的人出去找那三个投错票的臭鼬了。
My boys are out trying to find the three skunks who voted wrong.
老林肯。
Old Abe Lincoln.
从荒野中走来。
Came out of the wilderness.
走出荒野……
Out of the wilderness...
紧紧抓住她,费格斯。把她弄直,让我们看看她。
Get her tight, Fergus. Straighten her out so we can see her.
不,你不需要。
No, you don't.
我不会为任何人戴汤壶的。
I don't wear no soup kettle for nobody.
你比亚伯拉罕·林肯好不了多少,他还戴着。
You ain't no better than Abe Lincoln, and he's wearing one.
好了,伙计们,开始吧。
All right, boys, here we go.
去格林法官家接新议员!
Down to Judge Green's house to pick up the new legislator!
他们来了,亚伯。
They're coming, Abe.
在马萨诸塞州波士顿举♥行♥的大型群众集♥会♥上。
"A large mass meeting in Boston, Massachusetts.
许多演说家对已故的以利亚·洛夫乔伊的英勇事迹表示敬意。
Many orators paid tribute to the heroic memory of the late Elijah Lovejoy.
成千上万的新英格兰人高喊:“他必须报仇。”
Thousands of New Englanders shouted, "He shall be avenged."
我想知道伟大的斯蒂芬·a·道格拉斯对此会怎么说。
I wonder what the great Stephen A. Douglas has to say to that.
伟大的斯蒂芬·a·道格拉斯有很多话要说。
The great Stephen A. Douglas has this much to say.
在自♥由♥变成许可证之前,新闻自♥由♥是很好的。
Freedom of the press is all very well until liberty becomes license.
如果洛夫乔伊听从理智的指示,而不是他那狂怒的狂热,他的生命本来是可以幸免的。
Lovejoy's life would have been spared if he'd listened to the dictates of reason instead of his own rip-roaring fanaticism.
但也许我的好朋友亚伯拉罕·林肯不同意。
But perhaps my good friend Abe Lincoln doesn't agree.
我同意洛夫乔伊应该听人讲道理,但如果非要让他闭嘴,我更希望是由法律来做,而不是由一群嗜血的杀手来做。
I agree that Lovejoy should have listened to reason, but if he had to be silenced, I'd prefer that it'd been done by the law, instead of a crowd of bloodthirsty killers.
还在观望,是吗?这对你连任没有帮助。
Still straddling the fence, eh? That won't help you to get re-elected.
恐怕什么也帮不了我。我不会跑的。
Afraid nothing can help me. I'm not running.
你要退出立法机关?
You're quitting the legislature?
——是的。-怎么了,亚伯,我很难过。
- Yep. - Why, Abe, I'm distressed.
-我们会想你的。-抱歉让你伤心了,史蒂夫。
- We'll miss you. - Sorry to cause you distress, Steve.
你打算怎么办,亚伯?
What will you do, Abe?
斯图尔特法官给了我一个机会去他在斯普林菲尔德的律师事务所工作。
Judge Stuart's offered me a chance to work in his law office in Springfield.
当然,我对法律了解不多,但我在这里从政学到了一件事,那就是无知不是进步的障碍。
Of course, I don't know much about the law, but there's one thing I've learned here in politics, that is ignorance is no obstacle to advancement.
事实上,在某些情况下,这是一个相当大的优势。
In fact, in some cases, it's quite an advantage.
大家好。
Good day, everybody.
-你好,比利·赫恩登。- - - - - -你好。
- Hello, Billy Herndon. - Hello.
你好,比利。
Hello, Billy.
天气不错,是吧,赫恩登先生?
Nice day, isn't it, Mr. Herndon?
啊,是的,它是。
Why, yes, it is.
你去哪儿了,比利?
Where you been, Billy?
我得下楼处理威尔科克斯案的令状。
I had to go downstairs about that writ in the Wilcox case.
如果你只是下楼,为什么要戴上帽子?
If you only went downstairs, why did you wear your hat?
事实上,我去了切尼屋的酒馆。
As a matter of fact, I stopped in at the Chenery House saloon.
小心,比利。
Careful, Billy.
你内心充满激♥情♥,但你扑灭得很快。
You got great fires in you, but you're putting them out fast.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
-我看到尼尼安·爱德华兹了-嗯嗯
- I saw Ninian Edwards, sir. - Mmm-hmm.
他邀请你参加他今晚的聚会。
He invited you to his party this evening.
和他在一起已经成了习惯。这次是什么场合?
Getting quite a habit with him. What's the occasion this time?
他想让你见见他的嫂子,玛丽·托德小姐,她刚从肯塔基州来。
He wants you to meet his sister-in-law, Miss Mary Todd, who has just arrived from Kentucky.
你没这么说。嗯,我正在成为一个社交成功人士。
You don't say so. Well, I am becoming a social success.
是的,林肯先生,你是,而且恐怕你很享受。
Yes, Mr. Lincoln, you are, and I'm afraid you enjoy it.
托德一家都是上流社会的人。
The Todd family are mighty high-class people.
把他们的名字拼成两个D
Spell their name with two "D's"
当你考虑到一个就足以成为“上帝”时,这是相当令人印象深刻的。
which is pretty impressive when you consider one was enough for "God."
晚上好,我亲爱的爱德华兹夫人。
Good evening, my dear Mrs. Edwards.
你穿上那件华丽的新礼服真是美极了。
How stunning you look in that magnificent new gown.
这样的裙子一定是从辛辛那提远道而来的。
A dress like that must have come all the way from Cincinnati.
这是我姐姐从路易斯维尔带来的,是我亲爱的爸爸送给我的礼物。
My sister brought it from Louisville, a present from my dear papa.
-晚上好,史蒂夫。——完成。
- Good evening, Steve. - Ninian.
玛丽,亲爱的,请允许我介绍我们最雄辩的公民,斯蒂芬·道格拉斯先生。
Mary, my dear, may I present our most eloquent citizen, Mr. Stephen Douglas.
道格拉斯先生,我很荣幸。
Mr. Douglas, I am honored.
陶德小姐,你姐夫刚才说我口才很好,但我现在必须证明他错了。
Miss Todd, your brother-in-law has just now described me as eloquent, but alas, I must now prove him wrong.
站在这样睿智的人面前,站在这样迷人的人面前,我简直说不出话来。
Standing as I am in the presence of such penetrating intelligence, such devastating charm, I am rendered speechless.
我简直不敢相信。
I can hardly believe it.
尼尼安,我还以为你要把那东西举起来呢。
Ninian, I thought you were going to have that thing raised up.
就算你有,也不会有什么不同。
It wouldn't have made any difference if you had.
他肯定打翻了别的东西。
He'd have knocked over something else.
林肯先生在边远地区比在客厅里更自在。
Mr. Lincoln is more at home in the backwoods than in a drawing room.
你好,林肯先生。
How do you do, Mr. Lincoln?
到目前为止,我做得不太好,谢谢你。
So far, I haven't been doing so well, thank you.
没关系,林肯先生,我相信这里所有的绅士都羡慕你高到能打破那盏枝形吊灯。
Never mind, Mr. Lincoln, I'm sure all the other gentlemen here envy you for being tall enough to break that chandelier.
陶德小姐,我想让你知道我对此非常反感。
Miss Todd, I want you to know that I resent that bitterly.
-你好,亚伯。-晚上好,史蒂夫。
- Hello, Abe. - Evening, Steve.
-还穿着那件旧外套吗?-我有点喜欢上它了。
- Still got the same old coat on, eh? - I got kind of attached to it.
-看起来有点短。-我还需要更长的时间才能找到另一个。
- Seems a little short. - It'll be longer before I get another.
安倍是一个白手起家的人。
Abe is what you might call a self-made man.
我想我的父母应该承担一部分责任。
Well, I guess my parents ought to take some of the blame.
我第一次认识他的时候,他在柜台后面卖♥♥威士忌和朗姆酒,用自己的幽默让顾客陶醉。
When I first knew him, he was behind a counter selling whiskey and rum and intoxicating the customers with his own raw humor.
托德小姐,你看,我总是在吧台后面,史蒂夫·道格拉斯总是在吧台前面。
You see, Miss Todd, I was always behind the bar and Steve Douglas was always in front of it.
直觉告诉我,我不该挑起这事。
Something tells me I shouldn't have started this.
所以我对丹尼尔·韦伯斯特说:“在马萨诸塞州,你可以站在你喜欢的地方,但在伊利诺伊州,你会遭遇失败。”
So I said to Daniel Webster, "You may stand where you like in Massachusetts, but you'll meet your downfall out here in Illinois."
我能理解他们为什么说你是小巨人了。
I can understand why they speak of you as the little giant.
最好小心点,斯蒂芬。
Better be careful, Stephen.
玛丽和你一样有野心。
Mary's just as ambitious as you are.
我妹妹毫不掩饰她嫁给的男人将成为美国总统这一事实。
My sister has made no secret of the fact that the man she marries will be president of the United States.
听你这么说我很高兴,托德小姐,因为我一直在寻找一位完美的第♥一♥夫♥人♥作为我在白宫的配偶,现在我找到了。
I'm delighted to hear it, Miss Todd, for I have been looking for the perfect first lady to be my consort in the White House, and now I've found her.
真的吗?但你应该把这个发给报纸。
Really? But you should give that out to the newspapers.
"斯蒂芬·a·道格拉斯同意当总统"
"Stephen A. Douglas consents to become president.”
我…看来需要再来点提神。
I... seem to need a little more refreshment.
你真贴心。
You're very sweet.
一天晚上,所有的贵族们都聚在一起。
One night, there was a gathering of all the grandees.
你知道的,就是那种高调的派对。
You know, one of these high-tone shindigs.
镇上所有的姑娘都在那儿,漂亮的寡妇和已婚妇女都在那儿唠唠叨叨,尽量打扮得像个姑娘。
All the girls in town were there and the handsome widows and married women finicking about, try to look like girls.
它们中间捆在一起,两头鼓起来,就像一捆捆的饲料,等着堆,等着堆。
They were all tied together in the middle and puffed out both ends, like bundles of fodder waiting to be stacked and wanting stacking pretty bad.
现在,他们都穿着……
Now, all of them wore...
这本来是一个政♥治♥故事。
Well, it started out to be a political story.
而且很有趣。先生们,你们不这样认为吗?
And quite amusing too. Don't you think, gentlemen?
但我觉得该轮到我垄断你一阵子了。
But I think it's my turn to monopolize you for a while.
玛丽疯了吗?
Has Mary taken leave of her senses?
当我们有最合适的男士来见她的时候她却全身心地投入到林肯先生身上。
Devoting herself to that Mr. Lincoln when we have the most eligible gentlemen here to meet her.
也许亚伯能逗她开心,亲爱的。
Perhaps Abe amuses her, my dear.
无稽之谈。我妹妹是一位有教养的年轻女士。
Nonsense. My sister is a well-bred young lady.
不,不,林肯先生。我不是在笑你。
No, no, Mr. Lincoln. I'm not laughing at you.
我相信你母亲一定是个了不起的女人。
I'm sure your mother must have been a wonderful woman.
她死的时候你多大?
How old were you when she died?
那时我七岁。她得了乳酸病,可怜的人儿。
I was seven. The milk sick got her, poor creature.
我帮爸爸做棺材,用我自己的小刀削木桩。
I helped Pa make the coffin, whittled the pegs with my own jackknife.
我们把她葬在我祖母旁边的一片林中空地上。
We buried her in a timber clearing beside my grandmother.
我过去经常去那里看看那个地方。
I used to go there often to look at the place.
我常常看到鹿用它们的小脚跑过她的坟墓。
I used to watch the deer run over her grave with their little feet.
有趣。
Funny.
从那以后,我再也杀不了鹿了。
I never could kill a deer after that.
有一次我被爸爸揍了一顿,因为他瞄准一只鹿时,我把他的枪撞翻了。
Once I got a licking from Pa because when he was taking aim at a deer I knocked his gun up.
但在社会上,谈论我来自的穷乡僻壤是不应该这样做的。
But this is no way to behave in society, talking about the backwoods I come from.
这就是规矩,林肯先生。
It's just the way to behave, Mr. Lincoln.
请多告诉我一些你被鞭打的事。
Please tell me some more about the lickings you got.
哦,是什么引起了这么大的骚动。
Oh, what has caused This great commotion.
运动,运动。
Motion, motion.
我们的国家通过。
Our country through.
这是一个正在滚动的球。
It is a ball a-rolling on.
蒂珀卡努和泰勒也一样。
For Tippecanoe and Tyler too.
蒂珀卡努和泰勒也一样。
For Tippecanoe and Tyler too.
注意到这个名字了吗,比利?
Notice the name, Billy?
就在这里,就在底部。
It's here, right down at the bottom.
有,是吧?
Boasting, huh?
打保龄球!
Bowling!
你好吗,鲍灵?
How are you, Bowling?
电影精选列表