You're going on a cruise to China.
对啊 - 简直不敢相信
Mm-hm. - I can't believe it!
我自己也不敢相信
I can't believe it either.
我一直都知道有中国人到这里来
You know, I always knew that people from China came here.
我有时候会忘记你也能去那里
I guess I just forgot that, you know, you could go there.
你跟那个谁说过吗
And you talked to...?
说过说过 都说好了
Oh, yes, yes, it's fine.
他说没问题
He said it was fine.
在船上有医生 而且...
And, you know, there's doctors on board and--
当然
Of course.
乔尔会无微不至地照顾你
And Joel will take very good care of you.
说到乔尔
Ah, Joel.
我对他很生气
You know, I got mad at him.
是吗 - 是啊 我对他说...
Did you? - Yes, I said, uh,
"你是疯了吗"
"Are you out of your mind?
"我们没这个钱"
"We can't afford this."
但是他承诺了
But he promised.
我让他承诺
I made him promise.
不欠债
No debt.
你听到了
You have heard it.
但你是否身临其境
But have you lived it?
你的鞋子没有了
Your shoes no more.
另一双鞋
Other shoes.
你开始走路
You will walk.
走一英里
Walk a mile.
每个人
Everyone!
穿鞋
Shoes!
绊跤也属于走路的一部分
Tripping is part of walking.
你好 你好
Hello hello!
达伦啊
Darren.
已经到时间了吗...
Is it already...
哦,对不起
Yeah, I'm sorry.
谢谢你来 - 没事
Thank you for coming by. - No problem.
你需要点什么吗 - 不 我不需要
Can I get you something? - No, I think I'm not--
来杯喝的或者咖啡 - 额...
A drink or some coffee? - Well...
还是零食
A snack?
我来给你拿点饼干 - 好
Let's get you a cookie. - Okay.
你吃姜吗
You eat ginger?
我吃的
I guess I do.
好 那就尝尝这个吧
Well, uh, try this.
街对面的艾米做的
Amy across the street makes them,
她经常换着花样做饼干 我吃都来不及吃
and she's always changing them, I can't keep up.
告诉我好不好吃 这样我可以给她反馈
Let me know so I can tell her what you think.
好
Okay.
哇
Wow.
真的很好吃
This is really good.
马上会有一次投票
There's a vote coming up.
我猜你想说的就是这个
I had a feeling.
我还在想你什么时候提
I was wondering when you'd bring it up.
应该忍♥不了很久就开口
Should have known it wouldn't take you long.
我已经先给你饼干吃了 对吧
I took the time to get you a cookie, didn't I?
对 没错 你给了
You did, that's right, you did.
你决定好怎么投票了吗
You know how you're gonna vote?
是的
Yeah.
我决定好了
Yeah, I do.
多萝西娅 真不好意思啊
I'm sorry, Dorothea.
这不是针对个人
It's nothing personal.
我能问下原因吗
May I ask why?
多萝西娅 我只是觉得这是大势所趋
It just feels like it's the future, Dorothea.
而且我觉得小孩需要这样的未来
And I feel like the kids need a future.
我不反对 - 他们需要学习中文
I don't disagree. - They need to learn Chinese.
我不觉得梅·雷打算教他们中文
I don't think May Ray plans to teach them Chinese.
是关于中国文化
About the Chinese.
关于世界
About the world.
小孩需要了解这个世界
The kids need to know about the world.
好吧 额...
Well, uh...
对 - 对吧
Yeah. - Right?
是 对的 我
Yeah, right. I...
但我们在这里做的就是这个
But we do that here.
孩子们在这里了解世界
Kids learn about the world here.
我们有从世界各地来的艺术家
We have artists from all over.
我们有一个中国来的雕塑家
We had a sculptor from China.
一位诗人 二胡演奏家 - 真的吗
A poet, the erhu player. - No kidding?
他们都来这里吗
They all came here?
是啊 不仅有从中国来的
Yes, and it's not just China, you know.
还有从亚洲各个地方来的艺术家 马来西亚 台♥湾♥...
It's artists from all over Asia: Malaysia, Taiwan.
听起来不错
Well, that's not bad.
是啊 我们也觉得自己蛮好的
Yeah. We like to think of ourselves as not bad.
小孩需要了解世界 我们在这做的就是这些
Kids should learn about the world, and we do that here.
你看过他们的建筑吗
Have you seen their building?
我看过 - 你敢信
I have. - Can you believe it?
就在切克福这里
Right here in Checkford.
简直不敢相信
Unbelievable.
我想法和你一样 - 对孩子来说简直太棒了
I'm with you there. - Now, won't that be great for the kids?
有这么大一个空间可以激发他们的灵感
A big space to inspire them.
我觉得更重要的是给孩子们...
I think it's more important for kids to have a...
给孩子们一个他们自己的舒适环境
A comfortable place that's theirs,
在那他们的想象力不受限制 - 你看看
where their imaginations are free- You see?
我觉得梅·雷就是这样的
That sounds like May Ray to me.
纯粹的想象力
Just pure imagination.
我们停车位比他们多
We have more parking than they do.
是啊 这点我同意
Yeah, I'll give you that.
这里停车是蛮容易的
Always a breeze parking here.
即使我们歌♥剧满场的时候也有地方停车
Even when we're packed for the opera, we still have parking.
你们这里还演歌♥剧啊
You show opera here?
是啊 你看歌♥剧吗 - 哦 不看
Yeah, you follow opera? - Oh, no.
你以前去看过吗
Have you ever been?
小时候去过
Just when I was a kid.
我爷爷带我去过几次
My grandpa took me a couple of times.
好吧 额...
Well, uh...
《露露》已经演完了
You missed Lulu.
可能也算不上坏消息
Might not be a bad thing.
不过《茶花女》马上就要上演了 那个一直很火的
But there's a Traviata coming up that's always popular.
你应该考虑来看看
You should think about coming.
想想你爷爷
Think about your grandpa.
好吧 我可能会来的
Okay, maybe I will.
你还可以考虑让我们继续做现在做的事情
And maybe think about letting us keep doing
我觉得无论发生什么 你都会坚持下去的 多萝西娅
I have a feeling you'll keep going, no matter what, Dorothea.
我就是这么觉得的
I just have a feeling.
我对你直说了吧 达伦
I'll be straight with you, Darren.
我们现在命悬一线
We're hanging on by a thread.
不可能这么糟糕
It can't be as bad as all that.
现在歌♥剧这么火爆
With the opera so popular and all.
即便如此
Even so,
如果我告诉你 在面包工厂运作了四十多年后
if I tell you that after being around for 40 years,
你的一票可能会使我们关闭
your vote will close us, will end the Bread Factory.
你仍然要这么投票吗
That doesn't change anything?
都四十年了
I mean, 40 years.
你以前肯定经历过很困难的时候
You must have seen rough times before.
坦白说 我从未遇过比现在更糟的情况
Honestly, I've never seen it worse.
唉 多萝西娅 我不知道说什么好
Shoot, Dorothea, I don't know what to say.
我只是觉得现在是个好时机
I just feel like it's a great time.
我只是觉得 像梅·雷这样世界一流的艺术家来切克福真是太幸运了
I just feel like we're lucky to have art, world class art like May Ray in Checkford.
我真这么想的
I really do.
你真的这么想?
You really do?
好吧 那在关门之前来我们这里看场歌♥剧
Well, come see an opera before we close.
好的 我会来的
Okay, I'll do that.
我会尽自己的职责
I'll do my part.
就这么说定了
Deal.
下面有请泰德·雨果
So please welcome Ted Hugo.
谢谢
电影精选列表