In addition to all that, we're lucky enough
请到了从加州好莱坞远道而来拜访我们的
to have visiting us all the way from Hollywood, California,
一代名演员
the actor of his generation
三次角逐奥斯卡奖的特鲁普·杰梅斯
and three-time Oscar contender Trooper Jaymes.
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
特鲁普 这是我给你创作的剧本
Troop, I have a script for you!
不
No!
总有这样的人追着我
I can't get enough of those guys, man.
艺术家都这样
Like artists all the way.
对 对 对
Right, right, right.
看看我
Look at me.
看看我
Look at me.
我知道你们看到了什么
I know what you see.
好莱坞先生
Mr. Hollywood.
实现梦想的人
Mr. Living the Dream.
但以前并不是这样的 不 宝贝们
It wasn't always like this, no, baby.
知道吗 我曾经一无所有
See, there was a time when I had none of this.
我是一个来自印第安纳州瘦骨嶙峋的孩子
I was a scrawny kid from Indiana.
只有16岁
Just 16.
那时我妈妈刚去世
My mom just died.
我的狗也死了
My dog just died.
死于狗癌症
From dog cancer.
一个来自印第安纳州的骨瘦嶙峋的孩子
And what is a scrawny kid from Indiana to do
当他的妈妈和狗都死了 他该怎么做
when his mom dies and his dog dies?
还有谁会爱他
Who is gonna love him?
看看我
Look at me.
谁会爱我
Who's gonna love me?
但是人们说在飓风来临前最黑暗的时刻
But they say it's in the darkest moment before the hurricane that...
希望将会降临 对吗
That's when the hope comes,right?
我收到了一封邮件
I got an e-mail.
骨瘦如柴的我那时还会查自己的邮件
This was when I was a scrawny kid who checked his e-mail.
邮件里写着 "我是卡提亚"
The message said, "I am Katia."
"我来自乌克兰"
"I am from Ukraine."
"我在寻找爱"
"I look for love."
我也是 卡提亚
Me too, Katia.
我也是的
Me too.
所以我点击了链接 进入了一个页面
So I clicked the link, and it took me to this page
上面是我看不懂的图片和文字
with all these pictures and words that I didn't understand.
当时我不知道该怎么办
I didn't know what to do when it happened.
但是突然...有东西弹了出来
But then something popped up.
一个弹窗写着
A pop-up window that said,
"特鲁普 你不需要别的"
"You don't need all that other shit, Troop."
看看我
Look at me.
那个弹窗
That window...
它拯救了我
That window saved me.
上面写着
That window said,
"梅·雷剧团"
"May Ray."
它拯救了我 也拯救了...
It saved my life and it saved...
台词是什么
Line.
它可以拯救...
It can save...
它可以拯救其他孩子
It can save other kids.
什么 再来一遍
Sorry? Again.
拯救其他孩子
It can save other kids.
它拯救了我
It saved my life
也可以拯救其他孩子
and it can save other kids too.
看看现在的我
Look at me now.
看看现在我的样子
Just look at me now.
说得真好
Well, that was great.
谢谢 谢谢你
Thank you. Thank you.
这是一个很私密的故事
It was a very personal story
关于梅·雷如何拯救了你
about how May Ray saved your life
感谢你勇敢地说出来
and that was a very brave thing to do.
谢谢你 特鲁普
Thank you, Troop.
当然了
Totally.
我保留剩余的发言时间
I reserve the balance of my time.
我只想提出一点
I'd just like to note
梅·雷是两年前成立的
that May Ray was formed two years ago.
杰梅斯是很年轻 但我对他只有18岁十分怀疑
Mr. Jaymes is young, but I doubt he's 18.
他的故事轮不到你讲
You don't get to tell his story.
不 这是有人编撰的
No, there are writers for that.
多萝西娅
Dorothea!
让我来
Put me on.
噢 亲爱的 - 我准备好了
Oh, sweetheart-- - I'm now ready.
我已经准备好上场了
I am ready to go on.
等等
Look, just wait for--
不不不不不
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
他
That
不是一个演员
is not an actor!
我保留剩余的发言时间
I reserve the balance of our time.
我被要求转述一些来自社区的评论
I've been asked to relay some comments from the community.
不好意思
I'm sorry,
我以为我们今晚是来听证词的
I thought we were here tonight to hear testimony,
而不是谣言 - 这些是评论
not rumors-- - These are comments
来自社区的评论 - 匿名的谣言
from the community. - Anonymous rumors.
我们听听吧
Let's hear them.
继续吧
Just keep going.
这是一位担心的市民发来的
This is from a concerned citizen.
我...
I'm...
我对面包工厂的雇佣行为十分忧虑
I'm very worried about labor practices at the Bread Factory.
孩子们整天工作 还有个外国人
Kids work at all hours, and there's a foreigner.
我很肯定他是非法劳工 - 噢
I'm sure an illegal. - Oh,
这太荒谬了
this is absolutely absurd!
现在还是我的发言时间
I think the floor is still mine.
注意 我们只是粗略地调查了一下谁在这里工作
Now, we did just the most cursory investigation into who worked here.
说实话 我们非常吃惊
And we were shocked, frankly,
这里有一个罪犯
to find that a convicted felon is here,
和孩子们一起工作
working with kids.
你的调查确实很粗略 - 我放弃我剩余的发言时间
I'm sure your investigation was cursory. - I would like to yield the balance of my time,
因为我很想听听布朗小姐如何解释这些不计后果的行为
because I'd really like to hear how Ms. Braun accounts for these reckless practices.
谢谢
Thank you.
首先是童工的问题
First, child labor.
我们在这个社区已经40年了
We have been in this community for 40 years.
董事会在这里召开
The board meets here.
你们也亲眼看到了 在这里工作的是什么人
You've seen for yourself who works here.
若有人真的担心 他们就会向劳工部提出控告
If anyone had a real concern they can file a complaint with the Department of Labor.
40年了
40 years.
根本没有
No complaints.
第二件事
Second,
门德斯先生
Mr. Mendez,
就是你说的那位危险的男人
The dangerous man who is right over there, by the way,
开会前你还跟他聊天来着
the one that you were chatting up before the meeting,
是的 他出生于阿根廷 但他是一位美国公民
yes, he was born in Argentina,but he is a U.S. citizen.
如果这对你来说还不够爱国 他还是一位退伍老兵
And if that's not patriotic enough for you, he's also a U.S. veteran.
是的 他是被指控过犯罪
Yes, he was a convicted felon.
但是重要的是对他的控告被推♥翻♥了
Might it also matter that his conviction was overturned?
他是这里需要的人吗 是的
Is that someone I want around here? Yes.
肯定是
You bet.
如果这世界对你来说如此艰辛 如果你目睹过战争
If the world can be so hard to you, if you see war,
如果你投身社区服务却不公平地收到判刑
if after serving your community,it makes you serve time, unjustly,
如果你能从这一切走出来
if you can come out of that
不是世界充满愤怒 而是付出
not angry with the world but with something left to give,
那么你就是孩子们需要的人
that's someone that kids need to be around.
珍·巴莉会接着说
Jan Barley will now follow up.
谢谢你 多萝西娅
Thank you, Dorothea.
穆勒先生 我想问你几个问题
Mr. Muller, I have a few questions for you.
恐怕今晚没有这项安排
I'm afraid that's not the format for tonight.
我们时间受限
We're on time limits,
而我的时间 - 多萝西娅同意了你可以用她的时间来回答
and my time-- - Oh, Dorothea has agreed that you can answer on her time.
我不认为...
You know, I don't think that--
这些问题我已经往你办公室发了很多次了
Now, I've sent these questions to your office many times
但是我没有收到回复
电影精选列表