对穆勒先生和我分配到的发言时间不同Nfor the record my objection to the difference in time
我提出正式反对
that Mr. Muller and I have been allotted.
我们已经讨论过这件事了
We've been over this.
我并没有重新谈这件事的意思
We don't have to go over it again,
我只是想让大家都清楚
I just want people to know.
穆勒先生 你准备好开始了吗
Mr. Muller, are you ready to begin?
谢谢 主席女士 我准备好了
Thank you, Madam Chair, I am.
我不浪费大家的时间了
Well, I won't waste your time.
我将交给专家们来解释
I'll just let the experts speak for themselves.
首先 我们请罗伯特·古亚斯科博士
First, we have Dr. Roberto Guasco,
一位儿童发展心理学专家
who's an expert on child developmental psychology.
下一位是萨布丽娜·巴♥特♥尔♥博士
Next, Dr. Sabrina Patel,
克莱尔威尔学校的负责人
who is superintendent of Clairville Schools.
陈艾伦博士 一位艺术评论家和中国通
Dr. Alan Chen, who is an art critic and China expert.
这是我对梅·雷的经典演出《身体洗衣房♥》的评论
This is my review of the classic May Ray performance: Body Laundry.
首先 我批判了将这卓越的艺术作品
of reducing this transcendent piece of art into a mere description of actions.
简化成普通的表演的行为
into a mere description of actions.
雷一开始在一个篮子里
Ray begins in a basket.
谁不是呢
Don't we all?
然后梅把篮子拖到河边
And May drags this basket to the river.
有什么比河流更能代表中国的
For what can be more Chinese than a river?
只要想想长江就能知道
One need only think of the Yangtze.
梅来到河边 脱下雷的衣服
May gets to the river and undresses Ray.
雷的衣服被脱掉后我们看到了他衣服上的污渍
With Ray stripped, we now see the stains on his clothes.
在这之前我没有注意到
I had not noticed them.
但是当梅举起衣服 手指着那些污渍时
But then May held up the clothes and pointed to the stains.
这下我看到了
And so I saw.
这些污渍是怎么来的
Where did they come from?
我们会得到答案吗
Do we ever know?
梅把雷的衣服脱下来之后 把他放在水里
After May undresses Ray,she places him in the water.
这是什么部落仪式吗 还是洗礼 都不是
Is it some tribal ritual? Some baptism? No.
梅将雷的衣服浸在河里
May dips Ray's clothes in the river
然后开始清洗
and proceeds to wash them,
把他的腹肌当作搓衣板 在上面搓洗
scrubbing them upon the washboard of his abdominals.
还有什么比这更能表现中国的吗
What could be more Chinese?
裸体
Nudity.
只要想想那些皇帝就能懂
One need only think of emperors.
还有洗衣
And laundry.
这里的裸♥露♥是无意义的吗
Is the nudity gratuitous?
不是的
No.
这对洗衣服来说是很有必要的
It is necessary for the laundry.
但我还没有讲到作品最重要的内容
But I have withheld from you the piece de resistance.
当梅洗完雷的衣服后
Once May has washed Ray's clothes,
她让雷躺在草地上
she lays him upon the grass.
她又把衣服放在草地上
She lays the clothes upon the grass.
这样我们观众就有机会去观察他们晾干的过程
Then we the audience are given the opportunity to watch them dry.
多么出乎意料的精彩瞬间
What an unexpectedly brilliant series of moments.
当衣服变干的时候 人们的思想会飘忽到哪
As the clothes dry, how the mind will wander.
这就是重点
And this is the point.
我想起了我的母亲
I thought of my mother.
我想起了我儿时的狗 波波
I thought of my childhood dog Bobo.
当我的思绪像河水一样蜿蜒
And as my thoughts meandered like a river themselves,
我突然顿悟
it hit me.
那些污渍去哪了
Where have the stains gone?
潮湿的水汽去哪了
Where does the wet go?
如我们的灵魂般升起 飘远
Lifted and floating away like our souls.
就在这时 我为中国流下了眼泪
And it was then that I shed a tear for China,
为它过去的伤痛
for its past pains.
然后我为中国展露了微笑
And it was then, after that,that I shed a smile for China,
为它美好的未来
for its glorious future.
几个月前我写下了这些文字
I wrote these words months ago.
我现在还是这么认为
But I stand by them.
一 字 不 差
Every, single, one, of them.
说得真好
Fantastic!
我保留剩余的发言时间
I reserve the balance of my time.
我很难对此作回应
It's hard to know how to respond.
因此 我想请让-马克·比颂
I'd like to introduce Jean-Marc Bizon.
穆勒先生 可能不认识他
You, Mr. Muller, might not recognize him,
他就住在切克福
since he actually lives here in Checkford.
他曾获过艺术评论类普利策奖
But, to recommend him, he has a Pulitzer in art criticism.
他还有两本著作曾获国家图书奖
He also has two books that won the National Book Award.
一本是关于毛的崛起 另一本是关于唐诗
One on the rise of Mao and the other on Tang Dynasty poets.
比颂先生
Mr. Bizon.
谢谢 多萝西娅
Thank you, Dorothea.
我也和你一样 不知道该如何回应陈博士的话
I, like you, am at a loss as to know how to respond to Dr. Chen's utterances.
此前我不知道还有这种辛辣的自我讽刺的体裁
I was hither to unaware of this genre of biting, self-satire,
但这不就有了
but there you have it.
我对陈博士很熟悉
I am long familiar with Dr. Chen.
以前大家都叫他Sogo教授
He was once called Professor Sogo.
那是八十年代的时候 美国笼罩在日本的阴霾之下
It was the 1980s and eclipse by the land of the rising sun preoccupied America.
因此对日本专家的需求量很大
Japan experts were in great demand.
然后Sogo教授就出现了
Then emerged Professor Sogo.
一位先锋
A pioneer.
他通过自己尖锐的观点重新定义专业知识
Redefining expertise by the shrillness of his opinion
而不是基于任何研究发现
rather than anything founded on learning.
噢
Oh.
这是他的损失
It is his loss.
没有比中国更美丽的文明值得去体验
There is no more beautiful civilization to experience than China,
如果你能抛开...
if you can peel back the...
商业化 当代政♥治♥...
The commercialism, the modern politics...
我不想再多占用多萝西娅的时间
I don't want to take any more of Dorothea's time, but
但我想说 面包工厂
I would like to say that the Bread Factory,
这个地方 是一个宝藏
this place, is a treasure.
你们很多人都知道曾经在这里烤过面包
Well, many of you know they once baked bread here.
我们现在生活在一个支离破碎的时代
Now we live in an age of crumbs.
但他们用这些碎片做出了不可思议的事情
But what they make of these crumbs is miraculous.
我们很幸运能有他们
We are lucky to have them.
让这种幸运继续下去吧
Let us remain lucky.
谢谢 让-马克
Thank you, Jean Marc.
我保留剩余的发言时间
I reserve the balance of our time.
我想现在是时候让我们的明星们出场
I think now would be a good time to bring out the stars themselves,
梅·雷 出来说几句话
May Ray, to say a few words.
中国是未来
China is the future.
中国
China...
是未来
Is the future.
中国
China.
什么是未来 - 中国
What is the future? - China.
什么是... - 中国
What is the-- - China.
中国是 - 未来
China is the-- - Future.
未来
Future.
什么是 - 中国
What is-- - China.
我们代表 - 中国
We are-- - The China.
我们是 - 未来
We are-- - The future.
未来 - 是我们的
The future-- - We are.
未来 - 中国
Future. - China.
中国 - 我们
China. - We.
我们 - 中国
We. - China.
我们 - 中国
We. - China.
我们中国
We China.
我很高兴他们说清楚了
I'm so glad they've cleared that up.
我想我们应该庆幸我们不用看着衣服晾干
I guess we should be grateful we didn't have to watch clothes dry.
对于一个所谓的捍卫艺术的人来说
For someone supposedly a champion of the arts,
你对艺术的定义似乎有点狭隘
you seem a bit closed-minded as to what art can be.
孩子们应该接触各种各样的艺术形式
Kids should be exposed to all kinds of art.
在这样的拨款下我们的孩子将继续 - 让我们回到议题上来
With this allocation our kids Will continue to be-- - Let's stay on track.
拜托
Please.
穆勒先生
Mr. Muller.
是的 当然了主席
Yes, of course, Madam Chair.
好吧 这是梅·雷为今晚所原创的一段表演
Well, as if hearing from May Ray themselves wasn't enough
如果听了这样的发言还不够的话
in an original piece that they created just for us tonight.
此外 我们很幸运地
电影精选列表