“而且,在他们身上发现这些衣物”
and this clothing was found on them.
“今日晚些时候,本人在肯辛顿区停尸房♥”
Later today, I was present at Kensington mortuary
“此时,死因确定为因勒扼窒息而死”
when it was established that the cause of death was strangulation
“两起命案中均是如此”
in both cases.
“我有理由相信蒂姆是杀人凶手”
I have reason to believe that you were responsible for their deaths".
好吧
Yes.
现在,好啦
Right, then.
“她不断借债,一次又一次”
"She was incurring one debt after another,
“我再也忍♥受不了了”
and I could not stand it any longer,
“所以我就用一截绳子勒死了她”
so I strangled her with a piece of rope
“然后当晚把她放在楼下的房♥间”
and took her down to the flat below the same night
“因为那时楼下的老人正住院”
whilst the old man was in hospital.
“我一直等到一楼的克里斯蒂夫妇睡觉休息了”
I waited until the Christies downstairs had gone to bed,
“接着,半夜之后我把她藏在了洗手间”
then I took her to the washhouse after midnight.
“然后我在卧室里用领带勒死了我的小婴孩”
Then I strangled my baby in our bedroom with my tie,
“也把她藏在了洗手间”
and took her to the washhouse".
在这签名,小伙子
Sign there, lad.
如果你不知道怎样写你的名字,就画个叉叉
If you don't know how to write your name, just put a cross.
- 我晓得怎样写我的名字 - 那好,就在这签字,嗯
- I know how to write my name. - Good lad, just sign there, then.
克里斯蒂先生,我有必要向你表明
Mr. Christie, I have got to suggest to you,
而且,我不希望对此有任何误解
and I do not want there to be any misapprehensions about it,
即,你就是杀害埃文斯女士…
that you are responsible for the death of Mrs. Evans
及其幼婴的凶手
and of the little girl.
否则要不是这样的话,至少可以肯定,关于这两桩遇害案
Or if that is not so, that at least you know very much more
你要比你说的知道的更多
about those deaths than you've said.
那是个谎言
That is a lie.
没这回事
That is a lie.
在去年十一月,你知道埃文斯女士已有身孕吗?
Did you know that Mrs. Evans was pregnant in November last year?
我妻子告诉我的
My wife told me.
你是否与她或者埃文斯先生有过任何讨论?
Did you have any discussion with her or Mr. Evans?
我们从埃文斯女士告诉我妻子的话中知道
We understood from what Mrs. Evans told my wife
她在服用一些药丸和许多其它的东西
that she had been taking pills and various things
用来打胎
to procure an abortion.
现在,我向你引述一些话,后来你跟埃文斯先生说过:
Now, I suggest to you that a little later you said to Evans:
“要是你和和你妻子早点来找我
"If you or your wife had come to me in the first place,
我就可以做这手术而没有任何风险”
I could have done it for you, without any risk".
没有说过,绝对没有
No, definitely not.
你是否记得埃文斯先生对你说过:
Do you remember him saying to you:
“我不知道您还懂这些医术”?
"I didn't think you knew anything about medical stuff"?
- 没有,他… - 而你告诉他,大战前
- No, he... - And that you said
你在接受培训成为一名医生?
that you'd been training to be a doctor before the war?
没有,那是胡说八道
No, that's nonsense.
你是否记得,你在你的房♥间里向埃文斯先生展示一些医学书籍?
Do you remember showing Evans some medical books in your flat?
我没有任何医学书
I've not got any medical books.
除了圣·约翰救护中心的急救手册
Except the St. John's Ambulance handbook.
你是否将那本书给埃文斯先生看了?
Did you show this book to Evans?
没有,绝对没有,那是本过时的书
No, certainly not. It's an obsolete book.
我猜那书也是过时了,但是你有没有给他看?
I daresay it's obsolete, but did you show it to him?
没有
No.
你有没有告诉埃文斯先生,说你在战前接受
Did you not tell Evans that you had been doing training
医疗方面的培训,然后因为一场车祸培训终止?
in medical matters before the war and that you stopped the training because of an accident?
没有
No.
在你昨天的证词中,在十一月八日
You gave evidence yesterday that during the night of Tuesday,
星期二的晚上,你听到了一声“砰”响
the 8th of November, you heard a thud.
是的
Yes.
呃,那声响听起来相当大,而且,把我们吓了一跳
Uh, it seemed rather loud. It startled us, rather.
- 把我们吵醒了 - 这是在午夜?
- It woke us up. - This was about midnight?
是的,应该没错
Yes, it would be.
- 你对此非常确定? - 绝对确定
- You quite sure about that? - Absolutely certain.
你是否记得你在西伦敦的地方行政法♥院♥作的证词?
Do you remember giving evidence at the Magistrate's Court at West London?
- 记得 - 可是,你在那从来没有提过
- Yes. - Well, you never mentioned there
某个相当重的物体被移♥动♥的声响,是不是?
this noise of something very heavy being moved, did you?
哦,是的,我说过,我很确定
Oh, yes, I did mention it. I'm certain.
这个,可能你说的这点未被记录下来
Well, perhaps it was not taken down.
在那移♥动♥家具发出声响之后发生了什么?
What happened after the sound of furniture moving?
我,呃…
I, um...
我就又去睡了,因为我有风湿,肌肉疼
I went off to sleep again. Because of the pain I was having with the fibrositis,
我服了药,那是我唯一可以睡着的方法
I was taking tablets. It was the only way I could get to sleep.
事实上,我仍然带着药
I'm still taking them, as a matter of fact.
你还在忍♥受风湿的病痛吗,克里斯蒂先生?
Are you still suffering from fibrositis, Mr. Christie?
很严重,法官大人,一到晚上肌肉就剧痛
Very badly, my lord. I was in severe pain all night.
昨晚我不得不又去看医生,他给我开了处方
I had to go to the doctor again last night, and he prescribed for me
还给我一些药用来缓解疼痛
and gave me some pills to alleviate the pain,
但是晚上大部分时间我还是睡不着
but I was awake for most of the night.
如果你坐着作证,是否会舒服些?
Would you be more comfortable giving your evidence sitting down?
- 嗯,是的,我想是的,法官大人 - 那你可以坐下
- Well, yes, I think I would, my lord. - Then you may.
谢谢
Thank you.
克里斯蒂先生,昨天,你是否记得汉弗莱斯先生问你
Mr. Christie, yesterday, you remember Mr. Humphreys asking you
是否在大战期间就职于警局?
if you had been in the police force during the last war?
记得
Yes.
事实上,在战备期间你是一名特别治安官?
In fact, you were a constable in the war reserve?
当了四年,没错
For four years, yes.
但是你的,呃,你的品行并不端正,是吗?
But you are not, are you, a man of good character?
这个,我…有过一些问题
Well, I... have had some trouble.
我为不得不问你这些问题而道歉,但是我恐怕我必须得问
I apologize for having to ask you these questions, but I'm afraid I must.
在四次案件中,你被控告行为不当,是不是?
On four occasions, you have been convicted of offences of dishonesty, haven't you?
- 三次 - 不是四次?
- Three. - Not four?
那或许我不得不让你看看这个
Then perhaps I had better put them to you.
你是否在一九二一年被判三个月监禁
Were you sentenced to three months' imprisonment in 1921
因为盗窃邮政汇款?
for stealing postal orders?
是的
Yes.
一九二三年在哈利法克斯签薄守行为,因为欺诈?
Bound over for false pretences in 1923 at Halifax?
是的,这我记得
Yes, I remember that.
一九二四年被判处九个月的苦役,因为盗窃物资材料
Nine months' hard labour for stealing material and goods in 1924
在阿克斯布里奇?
at Uxbridge?
是的
Yes.
而且同样是在阿克斯布里奇,于一九三三年被判处三个月监禁,因为偷了一辆汽车?
And three months also at Uxbridge for stealing a motor car in 1933?
是的,没错
Yes, that's right.
是的,你当然能记得,克里斯蒂先生
Well, surely, Mr. Christie, you could remember that.
四次被控行为不当
Four offences for dishonesty.
呃,我…我记得是三次,我…
Well, I... I had an idea it was three. I...
我只是不…我只是不那么确定
I just didn't... I just wasn't quite sure.
了解了
I see.
但是,或许与此案相关的更重要的是
But what is perhaps more important and relevant to this matter,
即针对你的另外两项有记录的指控?
are there two other convictions recorded against you?
嗯
Yes.
其一,一九二三年在哈利法克斯,你因暴♥力♥行为被控
The first of these being for violence at Halifax in 1923?
是的
Yes.
另外一个是,一九二九年你被判处六个月徒刑
And the second when you were sentenced to six months
原因是蓄意伤害?
for malicious wounding in 1929?
是
Yeah.
是的
Yes.
本案中的所称的医学证据
Do you appreciate that the medical evidence in this case
说那位女士是被勒死,你能理解吗?
which has been called, is that this woman was strangled?
这我知道,是
I was informed of that, yes.
并非因堕胎而死,而且也无任何堕胎迹象
Not killed by abortion, of which there is no sign whatever,
- 而是勒扼致死,你能理解吗? - 理解
- but by strangulation? - Yes.
现在,说说你的品行
Now, a word about your character.
你在第一次世界大战期间做什么?
What were you doing in the First World War?
一战期间我在军队里
I was in the army in the First World War.
- 为国而战? - 是的
- Fighting for your country? - Yes.
我…我两次毒气中毒
I... I was gassed twice.
我失明了三个月,而且我哑了三年半
I was blinded for three months, and I never spoke for three and a half years.
最后一次你因违法而被警♥察♥逮捕
The last time you were in trouble with the police for any offence
- 是在一九三三年,是吗? - 是的
- was in 1933, was it? - Yes.
- 十七年前? - 是的
- Seventeen years ago? - Yes.
在二战期间,尽管你有行动障碍
In this last war, in spite of your disabilities,
你还是在战备警♥察♥之中任职多年
you served in the war reserve police for many years.
- 对吗? - 是的,没错
- Is that right? - Yes, I did.
而且我受过两次表彰
And I was commended on two occasions.
电影精选列表