提醒你一下,呃…
Mind you, um...
当然,从医学角度讲的话,这是一个非常有趣的状况
medically speaking, of course, it's a very interesting condition,
呃,我们称其为,综合征
uh, syndrome, as we call it.
你不是医生,不是吗?
You're not a doctor, are you?
呃,这你怎么知道呢,啊,我应该说,我曾经是
Well, now how did you know that? Well, I should say, I was.
- 曾经? - 是的,我,呃…
- Was? - Yes, I, um...
我帮过一个朋友,一位女士,我希望你能明白,你知道是怎么回事的
I did a favour for a friend. A lady friend. I expect you understand. You know how it is.
- 哦,明白了,哦,天啦 - 我能为你续杯茶吗?
- Oh, yes. Oh, dear. - Can I get you another cup of tea?
- 不了,谢谢 - 你确定?
- No, thanks. - Are you sure?
嗯-嗯
Mm-hm.
这,啊,难怪,这些药对你没任何好处,留意下
Yes, well, of course. They won't do you any good, mind.
- 那,什么有用呢? - 嗯,要是我有时间来,呃…
- What does, though? - Well, if only I was free to, uh...
真的,我愿意做任何事
Honestly, I'd do anything.
你在这确实过得挺得意啊,我得说
You certainly do yourself proud in here, I must say.
- 我妻子不在了 - 不怪她
- My wife's away. - I don't blame her.
首先,那床垫你留着,我不要,我得保证整个店子正常运营
You can keep that mattress, for a start. I'd have the whole shop running alive.
- 那是为什么呢? - 有臭虫
- What's that meant to mean? - Bedbugs.
看,这是红木家具,纯红木
Look, this is mahogany. Pure mahogany.
哦,是吗?十镑,全部收了
Oh, yeah? Ten quid, the lot.
- 什么,全部? - 全部,除了床垫
- What, for everything? - Everything, bar that mattress.
- 你自己把那床垫甩了算了 - 十镑钱?
- That'll walk out by itself. - Ten pounds?
- 这,肯定值十五镑吧 - 对我来说不是,不值那个价
- Well, surely it must be worth 15. - Not to me, it isn't.
- 我没法工作,我在战争里受伤了 - 那真倒霉,先生
- I can't work. I was wounded in the war. - That's tough luck, squire.
顶多十二镑,干不干?
Twelve is my top. Yes or no?
- 好吧 - 我下午开车过来拖
- All right. - I'll have the van round this afternoon.
一张,两张,三张
One, two, three.
我正在浏览我的报纸
I was just looking through my papers.
剪下来的东西,剪报
Cuttings and things, newspaper cuttings.
几年前,所有的报纸上都有我
I was in all the papers a few years back.
那是,谋杀审判案
Murder trial, it was.
可怕的事情,骇人的
Dreadful business, appalling.
当然,我曾经在警局里待过,所以我…
Of course, I was in the police once, so I...
清楚这些事情
understand these things.
我有过一个很…
I have had a very...
丰富多变的生活
varied life.
很有趣,真的
Funny, really.
几年前我还上报纸,可是现在…
In all the papers a few years back, and now...
蠢猪
Pig.
啊,好吧,如果你打算你那样的语气讲话…
Well, of course, if that's the way you're going to talk...
当然,这正是我想要的
It's what I'd expect, of course.
好的,把它就放在这里
Okay, just dump it here.
这地方闻起来真臭,我们很快就会打扫干净的
Really smells bad in here. We'll soon get it cleaned up.
- 克里夫? - 嗯?
- Cliff. - Hm?
报♥警♥去,把警♥察♥叫来
Go and get the police.
你在这里干什么?找工作吗?
What are you doing? Looking for work?
我的雇佣卡还没有出来
My employment cards haven't come through.
- 那,你叫什么名字? - 约翰·韦丁顿
- Well, what's your name? - John Waddington.
你身上带了任何东西可以证明的你身份吗?
Have you got anything on you to prove your identity?
- 没有,没有任何东西可以证明 - 请摘下你的帽子
- No, nothing at all. - Take your hat off, will you?
你是克里斯蒂,约翰·雷金纳德·克里斯蒂
You're Christie. John Reginald Christie.
我不得不拘留你,走吧
I shall have to take you into custody. Come along.
克里斯蒂对其罪行供认不讳,于本顿维尔监狱内被处以绞刑
十二年后,提摩太·约翰·埃文斯沉冤昭雪,其遗体被挖掘后,重新葬于墓地
本片摄制于位于英格兰伦敦的瑞灵顿街
李氏国际电影制片厂和谢伯顿制片厂
电影精选列表