你最好去看看孩子,你不能让她那样一直哭
You'd better go and see to the baby, you can't leave her crying like that.
可怜的父亲蒂姆,嗯?
Poor old Tim, eh?
我能够让你摆脱与这事的干系,只要你不这样傻里傻气地乱说
I could get you out of this, if only you didn't keep talking so silly.
我只是不知道该怎么做
I just don't know what to do.
那,我们可以不把这事说出去,不是吗?
Well, we could keep quiet about it, couldn't we?
她就躺在那呢
She's just lying there.
呃
Well,
有很多方法
there are ways of...
来处理尸体
disposing of bodies.
什么?你是说,不下葬?
What? Not be buried, you mean?
没有体面的收殓?
No proper service?
体面的收殓有什么用
What good would a proper service do?
这,她想要的,那是她想要的,而且,我也是,我想…我想那么做
Well, she'd want it, that's what. And me too, I want... I want it.
你想要那么做?她也想?
You want it? She'd want it?
你想被绞死吗?
You want to be hung?
上绞架是你想要的吗?
Is that what you want?
你最好准备下小孩的晚餐,一会儿她就会哭着要吃了
You better see to the baby's supper. She'll be crying for it in a minute.
不论怎样,警♥察♥是不会以过失杀人判你绞刑的
They don't hang you for manslaughter, anyhow.
是不会
No.
但是,他们会认为是谋杀
They do for murder, though.
他们会认为是你在你们之间的一次打斗中杀了她
They'll just think you killed her in one of those fights of yours.
但是她在头部有撞伤
She's got that knock on the head.
整条街都知道你们经常打架
The whole street knows about the fights you have all the time.
甚至,警♥察♥也知道
The police know, even.
- 你这是什么意思?我没有… - 我是说
- What do you mean? I didn't... - I mean,
你要是现在去报♥警♥或者做这类的蠢事的话
you start going to the police or whatever,
我就会不得不否认我本人与此事有任何关系
and I'm going to have to deny I had anything to do with it.
哦,他们查明的
Oh, they'll know.
从你做的手术上,他们会知道的
They'll know from the operation you did.
噢,不会的,小伙子
Oh, no, my lad.
并没有明显的手术痕迹,我做的不是那样子
There are no visible signs, not the way I do it.
够了,好,好啦,我会向他们坦白,这样他们就知道了
All right, then. All right, I'll tell them and then they'll know.
你觉得他们会相信谁呢,蒂姆?
Who do you think they'll believe, Tim?
这附近每个人都知道你讲的关于你父亲的故事
Everyone around here knows the stories you come out with
说你父亲是个意大利伯爵,等等
about your father being an Italian count and everything.
啊,那只是说故事而已,人们都知道的
Oh, it's just storyfying, everyone knows that.
而且,我父亲过去确实是意大利人
Anyhow, he was an Italian, my father.
呃,他可能不是伯爵,这点我不清楚
Well, he may not have been a count, I don't know about that.
有叫埃文斯的意大利人?
An Italian named Evans?
那正是他的化名,这样人们就不知道他过去的身份了
That's just a name he used so as people wouldn't know who he was.
他以前做秘密生意的,知道吗?那也是我们家过去很有钱的原因
Well, he was in this secret business, see? Well, that's why we were so rich.
他的钱都在股票等等里面
He had all his money in shares and everything.
可是后来钱没了,因为他在战争中被杀了
Only he lost it, because he was killed in the war.
你这么说,那警♥察♥会相信谁,嗯?
So who are the police going to believe, eh?
你吗?
You?
或是相信我,当过四年特别治安官的人?
Or me, that was a special constable for four years?
啊,我,绝对地!我
Well, me, of course! Me.
好了,够啦,蒂姆
All right, then, Tim.
那么,你去警♥察♥局吧,告诉他们去,去啊
Well, you go to the police and tell them. Go on.
你去啊
Off you go.
行啊,我就去
All right, I will too.
呃,他们会不得不相信事实的
Well, they'll have to believe the truth.
那,如果你要去的话,那去啊
Well, go on then, if you're going.
可是,现在我不能去,不是吗?
Well, I can't go now, can I?
我还要喂宝宝等等
I've got the baby to feed and everything.
那我来做,你去的话,我来替你喂
I'll do that. I'll do that for you while you're gone.
好吧,您告诉我
Well, you tell me.
告诉我该怎么做,我不去警♥察♥局了
Tell me what to do and then I won't go.
不,你要去,你得做你自己认为正确的事
No, no, you've got to do what you think's right.
别,我们关上门谈谈,行吗?
Well, let's just shut the door and talk, eh?
这还差不多
All right.
你要我告诉你怎么做,嗯?
You're gonna be guided by me, hm?
对,是的,克里斯蒂先生
Yes, okay, Mr. Christie.
好的,坐下来
Right. Sit down.
现在,首要的是,贝里尔,这我来办
Now, first of all, there's Beryl. I'll look after that.
我会,嗯…
I'll, uh...
我会把她安置好
I'll dispose of her.
我会等着,瞅准机会,你知道,呃…
I'll wait till I get a chance. You know the, uh...
门前的那个大窨井盖?
the big manhole cover by the front door?
- 让她在那安息 - 哦,啊,天啦!
- Lay her to rest there. - Oh. Oh, God.
- 没时间让你哭哭啼啼 - 好的,我知道,我知道,对不起
- This is no time for you to break down. - Yes, I know, I know, I'm sorry.
要是你出趟远门,这就顺理成章得多,马上走,今晚动身离开伦敦
It'd look better if you went away for a bit. Right away, tonight, out of London.
- 我不… - 听我说
- I don't... - Listen to me.
这样我就可以告诉人们
Then I could tell people
你和贝里尔一起走了
that you and Beryl had gone away together.
但是我的孩子怎么办?那杰拉尔丁呢?
And what about the baby? Geraldine?
哦,她会没事的,事实上,这是个很幸运的事
Oh, she'll be all right. It's very lucky, as a matter of fact.
在阿克顿有一对年轻夫妇,我认识他们,他们会替你照顾孩子的
There's a young couple over at Acton I know who'll look after her for you.
准确地说,是伦敦西二区的东阿克顿
East Acton, to be precise.
他们无法自己生小孩,所以这正好,真的
They can't have any of their own, so it's handy, really.
你呢,呃,就把她的所有东西打包好后放好
So you just, uh, leave all her things packed up,
我会叫他们顺道过来,接走她
and I'll get them to come over and collect her in the morning.
不过,我今后能把孩子要回来,是吧?
But I'll be able to have her back, won't I?
我的意思是,等…等这风声过去后?
I mean, when... When all this has blown over?
哦,是的,可以,可以的,我敢说
Oh, yes, yes. Yes, I daresay.
好了,现在,你去给小孩喂吃的
Right, then, you get the baby fed.
啊,天啦,克里斯蒂先生,贝里尔她那么年轻
Oh, God, Mr. Christie. And she was only young.
要是她早点来找我的话…
If she'd come to me earlier...
过来帮把手
Come and give me a hand.
抓好她,抓好她的腿
Grab her, grab her legs.
把她放下来,放下来
Let her down, let her down.
我们把她放在基齐纳先生的房♥间
We'll put her in Kitchener's place.
那个老头子住院了,几天内不会回来的
The old man's in hospital. He won't be back for days.
今晚她在那里没事的
She'll be all right in there for tonight.
- 这个拿走 - 这是什么?
- Take this. - What's this?
婚戒,把它卖♥♥了
Wedding ring. Sell it.
这样如果人们发现了她,也不容易认出来
It'll make her less easy to identify, if they do ever find her.
啊…
Oh...
现在,你收拾好行李,搭夜班火车离开,随便去哪里
Now, you get packed, and then get a night train anywhere,
我会叫东阿克顿的夫妇过来
and I'll get those people over from East Acton
一大早就把孩子领走
first thing in the morning for the baby.
你最好上去,喂完孩子
You'd better go and finish feeding her.
明白,克里斯蒂先生
Yes, Mr. Christie.
去,快去
Go on, go on.
- 你好,韦婶婶 - 蒂姆
- Hello, Auntie Vi. - Tim.
这,你到这里来干什么?来,进屋,进屋
Well, what are you doing down here? Come in, come in.
蒂姆来了
It's Tim.
蒂姆,孩子,你到这旮旯来干啥?
Tim, boy. What are you doing in this neck of the woods?
坐,蒂姆,外套脱了
Sit down, Tim, take your coat off.
这个,我和我的老板,呃,正在各地到处转
Well, me and the boss is, uh, touring round,
试着巡视下新的子公♥司♥,但是车在卡的夫抛锚了
trying to find new branches, only the car broke down in Cardiff.
喝茶,刚沏好的,蒂姆,你还是喜欢吃鸡蛋和烤面包吧?
There's tea. Fresh brewed, Tim. You still like egg and fried bread?
噢,太好了
Oh, smashing.
呃,那车,得耗上几天才能好
Uh, it'll be a few days, the car.
- 他们说,是引擎连杆头坏了 - 贝里尔还好吧?
- The big end's gone, they said. - How's Beryl?
我们、在里屋的靠背沙发上给你铺个床,要是你喜欢的话
We can put you up on the settee in the back room if you like.
多谢婶婶
Thanks, Auntie.
贝里尔和小孩都好吧?
How's Beryl and the baby?
哦,很好,很好,她们到布莱顿去一阵
Oh, fine, fine. They've gone to Brighton for a bit
跟贝里尔的父亲在一块
to stay with Beryl's father.
我刚上楼
I've just been upstairs.
- 他走了 - 蒂姆吗?
- He's gone. - Tim?
卷铺盖走人了
Packed up and left.
他的衣服,还有所有的东西,然后溜了
His clothes and everything. Scarpered.
那还不是最恐怖的
And that's not the worst part.
发生什么了,雷金?
What's the matter, Reg?
你知道他竟然混账地干了些什么吗?
You know what he's gone and done?
什么?
What?
他杀了他的孩子
He's killed the baby.
- 不可能吧 - 告诉你,是勒死的
- I don't believe it. - I'm telling you, strangled,
电影精选列表