这我知道,但是就看眼睛,你确实像他
I know. But just around the eyes, you look like him.
克里斯蒂先生今天跟我谈了谈
Mr. Christie was talking to me today.
什么事?是说昨晚的事情吗?
What? About last night?
哦,不是的,他…关于那件事,他说没问题
Oh, no. He was... He was okay about that.
他啊,这…
He, uh...
是的,他说他没准可以帮我们
Well, he said he might be able to help us.
啊?
Huh?
就是肚子里的孩子,你知道的
About the baby, you know.
哦?
Oh?
那他认为他能够帮什么?
What's he think he can do?
嗯,他在那样的事情上有经验
Well, he's had experience of things like that.
你指的是…把孩子拿掉?
You mean... getting rid of it?
终止妊娠,应该这么叫
Termination, it's called.
啊,我…
Oh, I...
不,那种事我可不明白,贝里尔
No, I don't know about that, Beryl.
没什么的,我认为他并不想要钱或者之类的东西
No, no. I don't think he wants money or anything like that.
我不是那个意思
That's not what I mean.
蒂姆
Tim.
现在我们没法再要一个宝宝,你知道的,我们没法要
We can't have another kiddie now. You know we can't.
呃,我…我觉得我总是可以得到一个…
Well, I... I know I could always get a...
一个更好的工作,拿更多的工资
bigger job, pays more cash.
你知道的,我可以去夜校,学个技术拿个证什么的
You know, I could go to night school. Get qualified in something.
可是,他要做些什么呢?
What's he do, anyhow?
我不知道
I don't know.
这啊
Yeah.
好啦,行吧
All right, then.
嘿,小心啤酒洒了,亲爱的
Hey, mind the beer, girl.
蒂姆
Tim.
你下楼的时候,告诉一下克里斯蒂先生,我这都准备好了,好吗?
Will you tell Mr. Christie it's all right when you go down the stairs?
- 我不想这么做,贝里尔 - 哦,蒂姆
- I don't like it, Beryl. - Oh, Tim.
我们现在没法回头了
You can't go back on it now.
好吧,好吧
Okay, okay.
克里斯蒂先生?
Mr. Christie?
克里斯蒂先生在吗?
Mr. Christie?
- 哦,您在这,克里斯蒂先生 - 噢,蒂姆,进来,来
- Oh, there you are, Mr. Christie. - Oh, Tim. Come in, come in.
这个,克里斯蒂先生,贝里尔说…
Look, Mr. Christie, Beryl's been telling...
关上门,好吗?你不介意吧?
Shut the door, will you? Do you mind?
哦,不会的
Oh, no.
蒂姆…
Tim...
我跟你一样,也不喜欢这桩事
I dislike this business as much as you do.
- 呃,我不知道,先生… - 哎,我只是碰巧,呃
- Well, I don't know, Mr... - It's just that I happen to have, uh,
碰巧重新运用下我在医生培训期间学到的知识,那是在战前
picked up this knowledge whilst I was in training as a doctor, before the war.
哇,我不知道您还懂这些医术
Oh, I didn't know you did all this medical stuff.
呃,其实我是
Oh, yes.
是的,没错,不幸的是,我的培训因一场车祸终止了
Yes, yes. Unfortunately, my training was interrupted by a motoring accident.
- 然后呢,呃…就打起仗来了,接着… - 啊,那真是太…
- And, um... Then the war came and... - Well, that's most...
我刚才正看一些,呃
I was browsing through some of my, uh,
我的医学资料,在你进来之前,真的
medical texts before you came in, as a matter of fact.
或许你想看看,呃…
Perhaps you'd like to, uh...
嗯…
Um...
是的,不过,我…我不懂这些医学上的东西,您了解的
Yes, well, I... I don't know about all this stuff, see.
没关系,没事,没事的
No. No, no.
但是,你是怎么,呃…?
But how do you, uh...?
我的意思是…
I mean...
您究竟是怎样做手术的呢?
How do you actually do it?
这个嘛,那就是仅医生和我本人知道的了
Well, that's something only doctors and myself know about.
那可是秘密,你懂的,我是说…
It has to be secret, you understand. I mean...
我们总不能让张三李四王麻子都晓得怎么做吧,是不?
We couldn't have every Tom, Dick and Harry going around doing it, could we?
那是,这我明白,但是…
No, I understand that, but...
我可不排除手术的风险,你得知道
I won't conceal the dangers from you, mind.
那些,嗯…
The, um...
那些,呃,我使用的器具…
The, uh, stuff I use...
有十分之一的死亡可能性
One in 10 might die from it.
死亡?
Die?
是的,没错,这是可接受的医疗风险,众所周知的
Well, yes, that's an acceptable medical risk. That's understood.
得提醒你,因为那样做可能用到太强剂量的药
Mind you, they probably use too strong a dose.
要是你和,呃…
If only you and, uh...
和贝里尔早点来找我,我就可以做这手术而没有任何风险
Beryl had come to me earlier, I could've done it without any risk at all.
我…
I...
哦,我不知道啊,那时我不知道,克里斯蒂先生
Oh, I don't know. I don't know, Mr. Christie.
哎,蒂姆…
Well, Tim...
要是你对我的水平没有足够的信心的话…
if you haven't got complete confidence in my ability...
没,没有,我…我信任您,克里斯蒂先生
No, no, I... I trust you, Mr. Christie.
我当然相信您
Of course I do.
好的,那就有劳您了
All right, then.
好样的,好的,那,你就…
Good lad. Right, well, you...
去上班吧,免得迟到了
cut along to work, otherwise you'll be late.
还有,呃,蒂姆,记住…
And, uh, Tim, remember...
你仍然是个好父亲
we've never lost a father yet.
是吗?
No?
那么…
Well...
谢谢,克里斯蒂先生
Thank you, Mr. Christie.
伊瑟尔?
Ethel?
- 伊瑟尔 - 嗯?
- Ethel. - Hm?
伊瑟尔,我要你替我去一趟办公室,好吗?去见斯蒂德曼先生
Ethel, I want you to go to the office for me, will you? See Mr. Steadman.
告诉他我的背又疼起来了,我今天就不过去了
Tell him my back's been playing me up, and I shan't be in today.
哦,雷金,你要不要去看医生?
Oh, Reg, are you going to the doctor?
- 不用,没事,我一会就好了 - 我去街角打电♥话♥给他们
- No. No, I'll be all right. - I'll phone from the corner.
不行,你最好过去,他们立刻需要这些
No, you'd better go. They'll want these bills
提货单和发货单
of lading and invoices right away.
- 去穿好你的外套 - 好的
- Go and get your coat on. - All right.
我准备好出门了,雷金
I'm ready, Reg.
告诉他,我明天应该会好些
Tell him I ought to be better tomorrow.
明白了
All right.
- 什么事?你们是? - 是克里斯蒂先生吗?
- Yes, what is it? - Mr. Christie?
- 我是 - 啊,我们建筑工
- Yes. - Ah. Builders.
“维修外屋屋顶,必要的地方重新粉刷,修好”
"Repair roof to outhouse, re-plaster where necessary and make good".
现在修?现在不方便
Now? It's not convenient.
您是克里斯蒂先生吧?
You are Mr. Christie?
您向房♥主投诉过这房♥子的外屋厕所
You complained to the landlord about this outhouse.
呃,我…我需要你们提前通知我
Well, I... I need to be informed in advance.
但是看,先生,我只是听从房♥主的吩咐而已
But look, mate, I just take my orders from the owners.
就只是修那个,呃,外屋,是吗?
It is just the, uh, the washhouse, is it?
- 只有外屋厕所 - 是的
- Just the outbuildings. - Yeah.
好吧,那,你们进来吧
Yes, well, you better come through.
现在…
Now...
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
我正在喝茶
I was just having a cup of tea.
- 噢 - 外屋在,呃…
- Oh. - It's, uh...
这的后边,往右
back up here, on the right.
就在这
This is it.
- 洗手间 - 没错
- The washhouse. - Right.
首先,这一块都要掉下来了
All this lot will have to come down, for a start.
修的话要多久?
How long will it take?
哦,应该要不了两天
Oh, shouldn't take more than a couple of days.
当心点,好吗?
Be careful. Do you mind?
耶,注意油漆面,伙计
Yeah, mind the paintwork, mate.
还有这些价值连城的老古董
And the priceless antiques.
克里斯蒂先生?
Mr. Christie?
你准备好了吗…?
Are you...?
来了这些建筑工
I've got the builders in.
啊,没关系的
Well, it doesn't matter.
- 啊嘿 - 噢
- Ahem. - Oh.
现在,就我们了,我给你泡了一小杯茶
Here we are, then. Brought you a little cup of tea.
哦,谢谢您
Oh. Thank you.
他们在干什么,那些建筑工?
What are they doing, the builders?
噢,他们…他们不会打扰我们的
Oh, they... They won't disturb us.
小孩她睡着了,是吗?
Baby asleep, is she?
嗯,是的,她在另一个房♥间里
Oh, yes, she's in the other room.
好的,那个,我们可以就在这里做
Right, well, we can manage in here then.
电影精选列表