剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
其一 听之任之
One, do nothing.
其二 发表声明 对演说表示遗憾
Two, issue a statement deploring the speech.
其三 提出正式抗♥议♥
Three, lodge an official protest.
其四 停止援助
Four, cut off aid.
其五 断绝外交关系
Five, break off diplomatic relations.
最后 宣战 那该选哪个?
And six, declare war. Which should we do?
要是听之任之 就等于默认了演讲内容
If we do nothing, we implicitly agree with the speech.
第二 如果发表声明 我们就会出丑
Two, if we issue a statement, we just look foolish.
第三 如果我们提出抗♥议♥ 他们不会放在眼里
Three, if we lodge a protest, it will be ignored.
第四 我们无法停止援助 因为我们没援助过
Four, we can't cut off aid because we don't give them any.
第五 要是断绝外交关系
Five, if we break off diplomatic relations
就谈不成钻井合同了
we can't negotiate the oil rig contracts.
最后 如果向他们宣战
And six, if we declare war,
那就显得有些反应过火了
it might just look as if we were overreacting.
要是在过去 就该派炮艇了 是啊
In the old days we'd just send in a gun boat. Oh yes.
我想 这是绝对办不到的?
I suppose that is absolutely out of the question?
请进? 大臣...
Yes? Minister...
常务外交次长
The Permanent UnderSecretary of the Foreign Office
正沿着车厢走过来
is coming down the corridor over there
这里就要变成加尔各答的黑牢了
It'll be like the Black Hole of Calcutta.
可以进来吗 大臣 你试试吧
May I come in, Minister. You can try.
这就是我们要的一切
This is all we needed.
欢迎来到"站着的"委员会(原意是常♥委♥会)
Welcome to the Standing Committee.
弗雷德里克先生 看过这爆♥炸♥性的演讲稿了吧?
Sir Frederick, you see this bomb-able speech?
我们该怎么办?
what are we going to do about this?
其实 大臣 外长...
Well, Minister, Foreign Secretary...
我觉得...
I think...
我觉得我们知道这是出于什么原因
I think we know what's behind it,
对吧 小汉?
don't we, Humpy?
小汉?
Humpy?
我想弗雷德里克先生的意思
I think Sir Frederick is suggesting
是这段讨厌的内容其实
that the offending paragraph may be
可以说 是他们讨价还价的本钱
Shall we say, a bargaining counter.
你是说他有所企图?
You mean he wants something?
否则提前把复印稿给我们干吗?
Well, if he doesn't why send us an advance copy?
明白了 那就弄清楚他想要什么?
See. Why don't you find out what it is he wants?
大使♥馆♥都是新手 我们也才刚拿到这份演说稿
The Embassy staff are all new, we've just seen the speech.
又没有人对这位总统有所了解
And no one knows anything about this President.
除了我
Except me.
除了你 怎么会? 他们是大学同学
Except you how? They were at University together.
老同学关系啊 那是二十五年前的事了
The old boy network. That was 25 years ago.
他可能都不记得我了... 我觉得我真不行...
He may not even remembe rme... I don't really think I could...
我觉得你该去见他 弗雷德里克
I think you ought to see him, Frederick.
不 大臣 我觉得您份量更重
No, Minister. I think you carry more weight.
那好 我们就都同意
Well, we are all agreed then
该让这座大山去见默♥罕♥默♥德♥?
that the mountain shall go to Mohammed?
不 不 不 吉姆去
No. No. No. Jim's going.
我就是此意
That's what I meant.
好吧 但你得和我一块儿去
All right. But you'll have to come with me.
当然了 大臣
Of course, Minister.
我是不会让您一个人上的
I'd hardly let you do it on your own.
吉姆 快进来
Oh, Jim, come in.
真高兴能再见到你 查理... 好久不见
How nice to see you again. Charlie... Long time no see.
你可不用跟我讲洋泾浜英语 吉姆
You don't have to speak pidgin English to me, Jim
这位是我的常务次长 汉弗莱·阿博柏先生
This is Sir Humphrey Appleby, my Permanent UnderSecretary.
阁下 你好
Your Excellency. How do you do.
坐吧
Do sit down.
我一直以为常务次长
I've always thought that Permanent UnderSecretary
是个低三下四的头衔
is such a demeaning title.
您说什么?
I beg your pardon?
听起来就像个助理打字员之流
Sounds like an Assistant Typist or something,
其实你掌管一切 是吗?
whereas you're really in charge of everything, aren't you?
其实 也不是一切
Well, not quite everything.
查理 我要祝贺你
Charlie, I suppose I should congratulate you
成为了一位国家首领
on becoming Head of State.
谢谢 这不难
Oh, thanks. It wasn't difficult.
我用不着去做什么烦琐的事 比如竞选
I didn't have to do any of the boring things, like fighting elections
或是补缺选举之类
or by-elections.
吉姆 我当然很高兴见到你
Jim, of course I'm delighted to see you,
不过你这次来只是想叙叙旧
but is this purely a social visit,
还是有什么特别的事要谈?
or is there anything in particular you wanted to talk about?
我还得花时间最后再润色一下演讲稿
Because I do have to put a finish in touches of my speech.
是的... 实际上 我们看了稿子复印件
Ah... Well, yes... Actually, we have seen an advanced copy...
喜欢吗?
You liked it?
查理 我就开门见山吧?
Charlie, may I speak frankly?
我们是老朋友了 对吧? 当然
I mean we're old friends, aren't we? Of course.
你一定明白那段讲殖民压♥迫♥的
You must realise that that bit about colonialist oppression
有那么一点... 非常...
was a bit... well... um, very...
其实 十分之令人尴尬
Well, actually profoundly embarrassing.
你那段催促苏格兰人和爱尔兰人...
That passage where you urged the Scots and the Irish to er...
我想是不是可以... 省略掉?
I wonder if you could um, give it a miss?
省略掉? 是的
Give it a miss? Yes.
但是 我深深地感到这是如此真实
But, this is something I feel very, very deeply to be true.
相信贵国政♥府♥不会压制真♥相♥吧?
Surely the British don't believe in suppressing the truth?
当然不会
Good heavens no.
总统阁下 我想是否有办法说服您
I wonder if there's anything that might persuade you, President.
改变一下措辞 将其重点
to consider recasting that sentence and transfering the emphasis
从具体的事例 转移到抽象的概念上去
from the specific instance to the abstract concept
当然了 不管怎样 又不至于
without, of course, in any way,
削弱演讲主题概念上的完整性
impairing the conceptual integrity of the theme.
是啊...
Yes...
我能先说点别的吗?
May I change the subject?
吉姆 既然你来了 是否可以先向你
Jim, while you're here may I sound you out on a proposal
征求一下我打算给首相提的建议?
I was going to make to the Prime Minister?
什么建议?
What proposal?
这次政♥府♥的小变化给我们石油工业的
Our little change of Government has quite unnecessarily alarmed
一些投资者造成了不必要的恐慌
some of the investors in our oil industry.
当然只是暂时的 不过我们的确需要
Only temporarily of course, but it does mean thatwe need
一点英国投资帮我们渡过难关
a little British investment to tide us over.
来恢复信心 这你明白
To restore confidence, you know.
要多少?
How much?
五千万英镑
Fifty million pounds.
问问他还款期限
Ask him on what terms.
还款期限呢?
On what terms?
十年后开始偿还本金
Repayment of the capital not to start before ten years.
并且免利息
And interest free.
五千万英镑... 可是一笔巨款
Fifty million pounds... it's a lot ot money.
我明白了 那样的话...
I see, well in that case...
但这并不意味我们不能谈谈? 嗨 汉弗莱
But that doesn't mean we can't talk about it? Hey, Humphrey
免利息? 十年?
Interest free? Ten years?
假定利率是百分之十
Assuming that the interest would be a 10%
他要我们白白送给他五千万英镑
he's asking for a free gift of fifty million pounds.
这么看来你似乎是要
It would appear that you're rightly asking for
我们白送五千万英镑
a free gift of about fifty million pounds.
但这对你们有利
But it's to your advantage.
我们会用贷款去买♥♥克莱德造的钻井
We would use the loan to buy oil rigs built on the Clyde.
这样...
Ah, well.
他要我们给他五千万英镑
He's asking us to give him 50 million pounds
然后用我们的钱买♥♥我们的钻井
so that he can buy our oil rigs with our money.
我觉得还算合理
Reasonable to me.
合理 大臣? 会创造很多工作 汉弗莱
Reasonable, Minister? Lots of jobs, Humphrey.
查理 要是这笔交易做成了
Charlie, supposing it were possible to do this deal,
你是不是有可能会对
would you find it possible to make the
演讲内容做些必要的删减?
necessary cuts in your speech today?
是的 但现在就得定下来
Yes, but I'd have to know now.
敲诈!
Blackmail!
你是在说我还是我的建议?
Are you describing me or my proposal?
当然是你的建议
Your proposal, naturally.
不 不 也不是你的建议
No, no, not even your proposal.
我想可以达成协议了 是吗 汉弗莱?
I think we can come to agreement, don't you Humphrey?
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表