剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
是, 大臣 第3季第1集
机会均等
就象我说的 凯西 首相想要我加入内阁
So, Kathy, the Prime Minister saw fit to invite one into the Cabinet
我就进来了
and, well, here one is.
责任很重大吧?
Isn't it a terrific responsibility?
依我看 一个人选择毕生为公众服务
I suppose, if one chooses to dedicate one's life to public service,
就要担起这份责任
responsibility is something one accepts.
权力很大啊 我知道 我知道
But all this power! I know, I know!
有时让人受宠若惊 但又让人谦卑自省
Frightening sometimes. But it also makes one very humble.
一旦坐在首相府 内阁会议桌前 顿时发现...
Sits at the Cabinet table, Number 10 Downing Street and realises
伯纳打电♥话♥来 谦卑的人
Bernard rang, O humble one.
下议院要你看BBC二台
Central House want you to watch a programme on BBC2.
莫琳沃金 国会议员 后座议员之一
Maureen Watkins, MP. One of the backbench MPs.
我不太喜欢她 整天喊女权 算了我不看 别写进去
A rampaging feminist. I wont bother. Don't write that down.
我喜欢她 您不觉得女性仍然是弱势群体?
I like her. Don't you think that women are still the exploited sex?
我们全班都觉得女性在单位被剥削 在家被剥削
All of us in 5B think that women are exploited at work and at home
整个社会被男性主导 运行 男性为所欲为
it's a world designed and run by men for men's convenience.
就象她说的 现在肯定不会了
Like SHE says. Not any longer, surely?
她在下院没分量 当然 那被男人占据了
She doesn't carry any weight in the House. No, it's full of men.
多谢了安妮 还要问什么吗? 最后一个问题
Thank you. Anything else you'd like to ask? Just one last question.
作为执掌大权的大臣 您有什么个人成就?
As a minister, what have you personally achieved?
成就? 很多啦
Achieved? Oh, well, all sorts of things.
枢密院席位 党内政策委员会...
Membership of the Privy Council, the Party Policy Committee...
不 你做的实事 有惠于人♥民♥的
No, things you've done that makes life better for other people.
有惠于? 对
Makes life better? Yes.
其他人? 当然有很多了
For other people? There must be a number of things.
这就是职责所在嘛 一天18个小时 没有双休日
That's what one's job is all about. 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.
可以举个事例吗?
Could you give me examples?
不然写出来很无聊的 事例
Makes it a bit boring otherwise. Examples.
不知道从哪说起 太多政♥府♥的协同决策了
Where to start. So much of government is collective decisions.
我们聚到一起 整个国家最出色的头脑 群策群力
All of us together, best minds in the country, hammering it out.
但什么让你回想往事的时候 骄傲的说"我做的"
But what will you look back on afterwards and say "I did that."
就象作家回顾自己的作品一样
You know, like a writer can look at his books.
政♥府♥是个精密的机器 人们各执一词
Government is a complex business people have to have their say.
都需要时间 罗马不是一天建成的...是现在吗?
Take time. Rome wasn't built in a day. Is that the time?
我得看电视节目 失陪了
I really must be getting my boxes. Excuse me.
谢谢 非常感谢
Oh, thank you. Thank you so much.
跟你聊天真有意思 写出来给我审阅一下 可以吗?
Such fun this little talk. Let me approve the article, as we agreed?
拜 拜
Bye. Bye.
小大人
Bright kid.
再也不接受校报采访了 她问的问题太难了
Last interview for a school magazine. She asked difficult questions.
只是天真而已 她觉得你凭良心做事
She assumed there was some moral basis to your activities.
当然了 喔 吉姆 别傻了!
Well, there is. Oh, Jim, don't be silly!
你叹什么气?
What are you sighing for?
我没叹气
I'm not sighing.
说来听听 我有什么成就? 她问得对
Out with it. Well, what have I achieved? She's right.
你还真谦卑起来啦 我一条法案都没通过
It really does make you humble! I can't get any bills through.
还有两年就要卸任了 改革公务员系统
The time's taken up for the next two years. Reform the Civil Service.
不可能的 是个怪圈 为什么
Impossible. Catch 22. Why?
就算我提出50条重大改革 谁来实施它们?
I suggested 50 terrific reforms, who would have to implement them?
公务员系统
(BOTH) The Civil Service.
这样 我跟你说
All right, I tell you what.
不要50个改革 一个就够了
Not 50 reforms, just one.
哼 什么?
Huh! What?
完成一项重大改革 你就很了不起了
If you achieve one import reform, that'd be something.
我会载入史册 你有什么建议?
Get me in the record books! What do you suggest?
多提拔女性进入高层
Make them put more women into top jobs.
女性占人口的一半 也应该占常任秘书的一半
Half the population Should be half the Permanent Secretaries.
高层有多少女性? 不是很多
How many women are there at the top? Not many.
机会均等
Equal opportunities.
值得一试 不管怎样 这是原则问题
I'll have a go. After all, there's a principle at stake.
你要全凭原则做一些实事?
You're going to do something out of pure principle?
对 喔 吉姆
Yes. Oh, Jim.
原则问题最刺♥激♥选票
Principles are excellent vote winners.
我们什么都不用做? 不用 第一第二段有误
We don't have to do anything? No. Paragraphs 1 and 2 are wrong.
其他都规定好了 不能改
And all the other points are covered.
我不需要做决定 还不用道歉
I don't have to make a decision. I don't even have to apologise.
能帮我拟一份回复吗? 已经完成了
Can you do a reply for me? Done it.
太好了 你这样的副秘书怎么这么少呢?
Fantastic. Why don't they make more Under-Secretaries like you?
还有别的事吗 大臣? 没了
Anything else, Minister? No.
告诉我 莎拉 高级公务员里有多少位女性?
How many women are there at the top of the Civil Service?
常任秘书里没有 150位常务副秘书里有4位
No Permanent Secretaries. Four out of 150 Deputy Secretaries.
你这一级 副秘书里呢? 27位女性
What about your grade? Under-Secretary? There are 27 of us.
好像还可以 一共多少人? 578人
Doesn't sound too bad. Out of how many? 578.
太不像话了 你没想法吗? 还行吧 觉得很滑稽
But that's appalling! Aren't you appalled? I find it comic.
不过公务员工作本来就滑稽 男人控制的嘛
But then I find most of the Civil Service comic. It's run by men
你能做什么 我能做什么?
What can you? What can I do?
您说真的 大臣? 对
Are you serious, Minister? Yes.
很简单 把各行各业的精英女性招进来
Bring top women from the professions, Straight into the top grades.
工资高 假期长 养老金 会有出色人选的
The pay is good for women. You'd get high-quality applicants.
他们能胜任? 当然能
And they could do the job? Of course.
恕我直言 一个报业议员可以晋升大臣
With respect, if you can make a journalist MP into a minister,
高级律师怎么就不能当副秘书?
why not make a partner from a legal firm into an Under-Secretary?
再说了 这的工作两个初中文凭就可以胜任
Most of the work here only needs about two O-levels, anyway.
有道理 莎拉 十分感谢 谢谢 大臣
Good point. Sarah, thank you very much. Thank you, Minister.
你叫我 大臣? 伯纳 莎拉告诉我...
You rang, Minister? Bernard, Sarah told...
什么 大臣? 没人的时候就叫我吉姆
Yes, Minister? I wish you'd call me Jim when we're alone.
我会记住的 大臣
Oh, I'll try to remember that, Minister.
莎拉告诉我这个申诉没道理
Sarah tells me this complaint is nonsense.
很好 我们可以CGSM了它 CGSM?
Oh, fine. So we can CGSM it. CGSM?
公务员术语 意思是"老年鞋厂委托书"
Civil service code. Consignment of Geriatric Shoe Manufacturers.
一大堆无用功 大臣
Load of old cobblers, Minister.
我不是公务员 我有我的术语 我写"转圜否决"
I shall use my own code. I shall write "round objects".
大臣 您要讨论员工问题?
Ah, Minister, you wanted a word about staffing?
没错 汉弗莱 早安 伯纳
Yes, Humphrey. Morning, Bernard.
我制订了一项新政
I've made a policy decision.
我要在公务员中女性数量上做文章
I'm going to change the number of women in the Civil Service.
反正数量也不多
Surely there aren't all that many.
问题就在这里 大臣觉得要多招一些
That's my point. The Minister thinks we need more.
多招很多 很多?
Many more. More?
打字员 清洁工 茶点工都满员了 你觉得呢 伯纳?
We're up to establishment on typists and tea ladies. Any ideas?
我们临时秘书人手不够 我在说常任秘书
Short on temporary secretaries. I'm talking Permanent Secretaries.
常任... 需要一批女官(又意甜橙)
Permanent... We need female mandarins.
那是无籽芦柑 大臣
Sort of satsumas, Minister.
坐下好吗 伯纳
Sit down, will you, Bernard.
常任秘书有多少人? 41个
How many Permanent Secretaries are there? 41, I believe.
其中有多少女性呢? 呃 基本上说...
And how many of those are women? Well, broadly speaking...
手上没有数据 我不好说
Not having the figures to hand, I'm not sure.
大约呢 大约...没有
Approximately. Approximately... none.
没有 我们有大约150位副秘书 多少女性?
There are about 150 Deputy Secretaries. How many are women?
这很难说 为什么?
Well, it's difficult to say. Why?
有很多男人婆婆妈妈的
There's a lot of old women among the men.
4位 这么多啊?
Four. Are there really?
我要宣布女性副秘书和常任秘书增加到25%
A quota of 25% women Deputy and Permanent Secretaries
四年内完成
to be achieved in four years.
等一等 大臣 我肯定赞成你的提议
Wait. I'm obviously in total sympathy with your objectives.
肯定的 当然我们需要更多女性
Obviously. Of course we must have more women.
肯定的 我们都很关心性别不平等问题
Of course! We are deeply concerned by this apparent imbalance,
但这些事要花时间的
but these things take time.
我希望马上着手 我举双手同意
I want to make a start straight away. I agree.
就从设立部门协调委员会入手...
I propose we setting up an inter-departmental committee...
不不不 你知道我不是这个意思
No, no, no. That's not what I meant and you know it.
不许拖延 要手持大锤 果断斩乱麻
This needs a sledgehammer. We must cut through the red tape.
大锤不能斩乱麻... 你知道我的意思
You can't cut tape with a sledgehammer... You know what I mean.
大臣 你误会我了 我没有要拖延
You do me an injustice. I was not about to suggest delays.
喔 抱歉 没关系
Oh, sorry. That's all right.
我的意见是 如果我们要25%的配额
I suggest that, if we are to have 25% quota,
招募规模要比这大得多 最终才能招到25%
Larger intake at the stage so there'll be 25% in the top jobs.
多久? 25年
When? (BOTH) In 25 years.
不 汉弗莱 你还没明白我的决心 我要马上
No, Humphrey, you haven't quite got my drift. I mean NOW.
您是说 马上? 真有悟性 汉弗莱
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表