剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
我相信您不想把政党放在国家的前面 大臣
I'm sure you won't want to be putting party before country, minister.
不 不 当然不了
No, no, of course not.
我去拿你的档案盒 大臣
I'll just fetch your boxes, Minister.
档案盒? 已经开始了吗?
Boxes? Already.
竞选时 我们保留了上一届大臣所作的工作
We get manage to keep the last Minister's work throughout the campaign,
不过我恐怕...这轮不到我去评论
but I fear... well, it's not for me to criticise...
这是什么意思? 听起来很刺耳
- What do you mean? - It's a harsh thing to say.
不过有些档案盒带着未完成的工作又回来了
Some of the boxes actually came back with the work not done.
如果你在周六晚之前完成前四个的话
If you complete the first four by Saturday evening,
你的司机就会收走他们并把剩下的两个带来
your driver could collect them and deliver the other two.
韦拉在家等着去利物浦
Villa's at home to Liverpool.
而且我星期六有个手术要做
And I've got a surgery on Saturday.
我们可以减少一些书面工作
We could minimise the paper work,
你只要做一些主要的政策决定就好
you need only take the major policy decisions.
不不不不 这儿所有的决定都由我来定
No, no. No. No. I will take all the decisions round here.
那我星期一什么时候来?
Now then what time shall I come in on Monday?
你要在新街坐7点45的火车 大臣
You'll catch the 7.45 train from New Street, Minister,
然后你的司机会在尤斯登接你 很好
- and Your driver will meet you at Euston. - Fine
让我把这些提议的草稿放进去
If I could just put in these draft proposals.
然后给 这是您的钥匙 大臣
And here, this is yourkey, Minister.
走开 我已经受够了
Out of my way. I've had enough of this.
你不能进去 那你就拦我试试看
- You can't go in there. - Just try and stop me.
吉姆 这到底是怎么回事? 弗兰克 你去哪了?
- Jim, what's going on? - Frank, where've you been?
被关在等待室里
Stuck in the waiting room.
对不起 我们正在和大臣进行私人会议
Do you mind? We are in a private conference with the minister.
那我也应该在这里 冷静些 弗兰克
- Then I should be here, too. - Calm down, Frank.
汉弗莱 弗兰克在这个部门必须有一个自己的办公室
Humphrey, Frank has got to have an office of his own in the department.
当然了 如果你坚持的话 我坚持
- Certainly, If you insist. - I do insist.
我相信我们在沃森斯道(偏远地区)还有些空办公室
I do think we have some spare office space in Walthamstow.
沃森斯道? 是啊 真让人惊喜
- Walthamstow? - Yes, it's surprising.
政♥府♥掌握伦敦所有的地♥产♥
The Government owns property all over London.
我不想在沃森斯道 那地方在一个很好的地区
- I don't want to be in Walthamstow. - It's in a very nice part.
据我所知沃森斯道是个很棒的地方
Walthamstow's a very nice place so I gather.
我需要在这个楼里有个办公室 为什么?
- I need an office here in this building. - Why's that?
是的 我同意弗兰克
Yes, I agree with Frank.
伯拿 我们必须给威瑟尔先生在这儿找间办公室
Bernard, we must find an office here for Mr. Weasel.
埃瑟尔
Wiesel.
所有给我的文件都要给弗兰克复印一份
Copies of all the papers that come to me go to Frank.
所有的? 所有的
- All? - All.
没问题
It shall be done.
所有适当的文件
All the appropriate papers.
你的新大臣怎么样 汉弗莱?
How's your new Minister, Humphrey?
以一个新人来说学得的很快
Learning the rules very quickly for a newboy.
你的新内阁怎么样? 没问题
- How's your new Cabinet? - No problem.
很难找出和上一届有什么不同
It's hard to tell the differece with the last one.
阿诺德 我听说最近美国的大使
Arnold, I hear the American Ambassador's been spending
经常和首相在一起
a lot of time with the PM.
是的 有敌意的还是友好的?
- Yes. - Defence or trade?
两者都有
Both.
那个航♥天♥系统的合同?
The aerospace systems contract?
暂时别让内阁听到
Ssh. Don't want the cabinet to hear about it yet.
这个 航♥空♥的东西对于首相来讲
This aerospace thingumy would be
应该算是一个妙举 是吗?
rather a coup for the PM, wouldn't it?
是的 现在新首相可以赢得声望了
Yes, now the new PM will take the credit.
很抱歉打扰了 阿诺德先生 汉弗莱先生
Sorry to intrude SirArnold, Sir Humphrey,
如果你能过一下大臣的演讲稿
if you could just OK the Minister's speech,
我就可以把它给议会了
I can get it straight to the House.
好的 当然可以 想加入我们吗?
Yes, of course. Like to join us?
哦 谢谢 汉弗莱先生 不过我现在很忙
Oh, thank you, Sir Humphrey, so long as I'm not too long.
给你自己弄杯咖啡吧
Get yourself a cup of coffee.
所以这对首相来说就应该是个羞耻了
So it would be rather an embarrassment to the PM,
不是吗? 如果一个爱幻想的大臣
wouldn't it? if a hypothetical Minister were to rock
想要掀翻英国和美国人的船?
the Anglo American boat?
绝对的羞耻
Grave embarrassment.
多么绝对?
How grave?
我想会是人仰马翻
Man overboard, I should think.
足够缩短一个前途美好的大臣的职业生涯了?
Enough to cut short a promising new Ministerial career?
没有问题
No question.
坐下吧 伯拿
Pull up a chair, Bernard...
说一说你对我们的新大臣的看法
And tell us what you think of our new Minister.
非常不错
Well absolutely fine.
是的 我们会马上就培训好他的
Yes, we'll have him housetrained in no time.
他把整个日程都囫囵吞下了
He swallowed the whole diary,
我想他上周废寝忘食的完成所有的档案盒了?
and I gatherhe did his boxes like a lamb lastweekend?
是的 他都完成了
Yes. Yes he did.
我们必须让他忘掉透明政♥府♥这种瞎话
We must head him off this Open Government nonsense.
我以为那些白♥皮♥书♥的名字就是"透明政♥府♥"
I thought we were calling the White Paper "Open Government".
是 我们总把难的部分放到题目里
Always dispose of the difficult bit in the title.
放那里比放到文章里要无害多了
Does less harm there than in the text.
你越不想做什么事情
The less you intend to do about something,
就越会不断地说这件事
the more you have to keep talking about it.
不过 "透明政♥府♥"有什么不对吗?
What's wrong with open government?
为什么公众不能对正在发生的事知道的更详细些?
Why shouldn't the public know more about what's going on?
你当真吗?
Are you serious?
是啊 我是说 这毕竟是大臣的政策
Well, yes, I mean it's the Minister's policy, afterall.
这个短语本来就互相矛盾
It's a contradiction in terms.
你可以是透明或者你可以有个政♥府♥
You can be open or you can have government.
不过 民♥主♥政♥府♥的公民们当然有权利了解
But surely the citizens of a democracy have a right to know.
不 他们有无知的权利
No. They have a right to be ignorant.
知识代表着阴谋和罪行
Knowledge only means complicity and guilt.
无知倒有一定的尊严
Ignorance has a certain dignity.
不过如果大臣想要这个"透明政♥府♥"
But if the Minister wants...
你不能只是让人得其所愿
You don't just give people what they want,
要是这对他们并无好处的话
if it's not good for them.
你会给一个酒鬼白兰地吗?
Do you give brandy to an alcoholic?
如果人们不知道你在干什么
If people don't know what you are doing,
他们就不知道你做错了什么
they don't know what you are doing wrong.
抱歉 先生们 我是大臣的私人秘书 如果他想...
I am the Minister's Private Secretary, and if he wants...
你总不能帮着我们的大臣让他出丑吧
You must not help him to make a fool of himself.
看看我们以往的那些大臣
Look at the Ministers we've had.
要不是他们死命地保住了秘密
Everyone of them would have been a laughing stock in three month
不用三个月就成了别人的笑柄了
had it not been for the most rigid secrecy about what they were up to.
那你有什么建议呢?
What do you propose to do?
你能保守秘密吗? 当然了
- can you keep A secret? - Of course.
我也能
So can I.
请原谅 我得去打个电♥话♥
Excuse me, I have to make a phone call.
我最好把这个还给大臣了
Well, I'd betterbe getting this back to the Minister.
马丁·威瑟尔有没有拿到
Martin. Has the weasel had a copy of the invoice
新的美国寻址机器的发♥票♥复印件?
for the new American addressing machines?
我以为您说那个是机密文件
I thought you said it was sensitive.
的确是这样 今天给他看吧
So it is. Get it to him today.
哦 还有马丁 让他在一摞文件的底部看到它
Oh, and Martin, let him find it near the bottom of the pile.
吉姆 吉姆
Jim, Jim.
怎么了 看看我找到了什么
- Yes. - Look what I've found.
我们这次可抓到他们的小辫子了 你说什么呢?
- We've got them by the short and curlies. - What're you talking about?
该死的汉弗莱·阿博柏先生
We've got Sir Humphrey Bloody Appleby
和太妃糖鼻子 自大的伍列先生
and Mr. Toffee Nosed Snooty Wolley
就在我们想要抓的地方 看这个
just where we want them. See this?
这张看起来很无辜的纸
This innocent-looking piece of paper.
这个政♥治♥炸♥药♥
Political dynamite.
冷静点 我都不明白你到底在说什么
Calm down. What are you talking about?
这是个一千个监控显示设备终端机的发♥票♥
This is an invoice for 1.000 computervideo display terminals.
每个一万英镑 也就是总共一千万英镑
At 10.000 pounds each, that is, ten milion pounds.
然后呢?
So?
是匹兹堡制♥造♥公♥司♥生产的
Made by the Pittsburgh Manufacturing Corporation Inc.,
从美国进口的? 是啊
- Imported from America? - I know.
但是我们自己也制♥造♥电脑外♥围♥设备
But we make computer peripherals in this country.
就在我自己的选区啊 就是啊!
- In my constituency. - I know!
失业问题怎么办? 就是啊!
- What about unemployment? - I know!
我必须阻止它
This must be stopped.
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表