剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
Oh, excuse me, Minister. Yes, Bernard?
小问题 大臣阁下
A slight problem, Minister.
由于反对的声浪
Because of the adverse...
您的访谈并没有获得一致的赞同
not entirelyfavourable press reaction to your interview,
其他频道想让您上他们的节目
the otherChannel wants you fortheirprogramme.
拒绝 不去?
Say no. No?
是的 不去 好的 不去?
Yes, no. Yes no?
是的 拒绝! 最终决定 要是您这么想
Yes, say no! That's final. Lf that's what you want.
他们说了 就算您不露面 他们还会播出节目
But they would go ahead with the item
那时候可就没人替您维护了
and nobody would be there to state yourcase.
不去? 好吧 去
No? Okay, yes.
不去 好吧 去
No, okay, yes...
我懂您的意思 去
Oh, I see what you mean. Yes.
最后的最终意见?
Finallyfinal?
伯纳德 谢谢
Thank you, Bernard.
汉弗莱 安全措施的问题我该怎么说?
What am I going to tell them about safeguards. Humphrey?
你可提醒他们 大臣阁下
Perhaps you could remind them, Minister,
冰冻三尺非一日之寒
that Rome wasn't built in a day?
汤姆
Tom.
我的朋友 介意我坐下吗?
Oh, my dearfellow. Mind if I join you?
当然不
No, of course not.
当反对党的滋味如何?
Well, how are you enjoying being in opposition?
执政的感觉如何?
How are you enjoying being in Government?
实际上并非如我期望那般 此刻就不是
Well, not as much as I expected, actually.Well, not at the moment.
汉弗莱把你制♥服♥了?
Humphrey got you undercontrol?
想做成点事情真难
It's so hard to get things done.
你办成过什么事吗? 几乎没有
Did you manage to get things done? Oh, almost nothing.
我直到选举来临才摸透了他的战术
When I did cotton on to his technique, there was the election.
战术? 拖延战术
Technique? Stalling technique.
拖延战术? 有五个阶段
Stalling technique? It comes in five stages.
首先 他会跟你说内阁新建 尚有许多事务要处理
First, he'll tell you there's lots of things to be getting on with.
他今早就是这么多我说的 当然了
He told me that this morning. Quite.
其次 如果你仍然坚持 他会这么说
Then, if you still persist, he'll say something like
"好的 大臣阁下 意图很好
"Ah, yes, Minister, I quite appreciate the intention,
确实应该施行
certainly something ought to be done,
但你肯定这是实施它的正确方式?"
but are you sure this is the rightway to achieve it?".
我应该记下来
I must make a note of this.
如果你还没有被唬住 他会改变立足点
Now, if you are still undeterred, he will shift his ground.
从告诉你如何做转向何时做
He will shift from how to do it to when you should do it.
他会这么说
I mean, he'll say,
"大臣阁下 现在不是恰当的时机
"Now, Minister, this is not the right time,
出于各种原因"
forall sorts of reasons".
大臣们就裹足不前了? 多数如此
And Ministers settle forthat? Well, lots do.
如果你没有放弃
And if you don't,
他会说政策"实施起来困难重重"
he'll say that the policy"has run into difficulties".
比方说? 技术上 行政上 法律上
Such as? Technical, political, legal...
法律是最好的托词
Legal are the best sort.
他会使其听起来玄乎其玄
He can make those totally incomprehensible.
走运的话 这个战术会持续三年
And with any luck, this technique will have lasted forthree years
到了最后阶段 他会告诉你
and you'll be at the final stage when he says:
"大臣阁下 下一届大选近在咫尺
"We're getting very close to the next general election.
你能确保这项政策通过?"
Are you sure you can get this policy through?"
三年 怎么能拖了三年?
Howhas it taken three years?
因为你不督促 汉弗莱爵士是绝对什么也不会做的
Sir Humphrey will do absolutely nothing unless you chase him.
而你偏偏还有一堆事情要做
And you've got fartoo much to do.
你瞧 他们称之为"创造的惰性"
You see, it's what they call "creative inertia".
你要设法通过什么政策?
What's the policy you're trying to get through anyway?
我试着让国家综合数据库
I'm trying to make this National Integrated Data Base
少些极权主义
a bit less of a Big Brother.
原来是这么回事
Oh, is that what it is?
他告诉你这是新政策 对吧? 是啊
He's told you it's all quite new? Well, yes.
我的朋友 这项法案我们耗了几年
My dearfellow, we spent years on that.
我们都备好了白♥皮♥书♥(政♥府♥报告)可惜大选来临
We had a White Paper when they called election.
这些我都做过
I've done it all.
那些行政麻烦呢? 全都解决了
And administrative problems? I've solved them.
你没有看到任何先前的公文?
And you couldn't see any of the previous papers?
是的 不足为奇 都被他抹去了
yes No wonder. He's wiped the slate clean.
知道他的下一步会怎样吗?
D'you knowwhat his next move's gonna be?
不知道 你拿到几个盒子?
No. Howmany boxes have you got?
3个? 4个? 5个
Three? Four? Five.
他有没有跟你说过不要太担心第5个?
Did he tell you not to worry about the fifth one?
是的 这就对了 我担♥保♥
Yes. Right. I'll take a bet.
你会在第5个盒子的底部 找到一个备忘录
You will find at the bottom of the fifth box a memo
详细解释了为何
which explains exactly why
有关资料库的任何新举措必须暂缓
any newmoves on the Data Base
如果你没能发现
must be delayed. If you don't find it,
他将无须盲目行事 但6个月后
he won't do anotherblind thing, but in six month's time
他会说他早已告知你
he'll say that he has told you all about it.
汤姆 你从政多年 对公务员的花招真是无所不晓
Tom you were inoffice foryears.You know allCivil Service tricks.
谈不上无所不晓 老兄 上百种花招而已
Not all, old boy. Just a fewhundred.
那么你是如何让他们违心行事的?
And how do you make them do something they don'twant to do?
亲爱的朋友 如果我知道就不会在野了
My dearfellow, if I knew that I wouldn't be in Opposition.
可我不理解 汤姆是反对党
But I don't get it. Tom's the opposition.
他为什么告诉你这些?
Why did he tell you all this?
反对党并不表示敌对 当然不 我犯糊涂了
The Opposition aren't the opposition. Of course not. Silly of me.
他们只是这么称呼 他们不过是在野的反对党
They are called that. They're the opposition in exile.
那些公务员才是在朝的反对党
The Civil Service are the Opposition in residence.
汤姆说在第5个盒子的底部
Now then, bottom of the fifth box, Tom said.
但就算你知道也无能为力
But you can't really do anything.
无能为力?
Oh, can't I?
资料库相关的文件汤姆都给我了
Tom's given me all his papers on the Data Base.
三年的价值
Three year's worth!
了不起
Marvellous!
找到了
Found it.
竟然被夹在一份长达80页的福利措施报告里
It had slipped into an 80 page report on Welfare procedures.
"安全措施仍在讨论
"Safeguards still underdiscussion...
计划悬而未决
programme not finalised...
没有任何草率之举
nothing precipitate...
若无相左之指示 建议待发展再定夺"
failing instructions to the contrary, propose await developments".
显而易见
Typical!
给汉弗莱打电♥话♥ 说你不同意 我一早就会见他
Ring Humphrey and tell him. I'll see him first thing.
现在就打给他 现在可是凌晨2点
Ring him now! It's two o'clock.
他都要睡熟了 要的就是这效果
He'll be fast asleep. Exactly!
安妮
Annie.
凭什么他安稳入睡你却仍在工作?
Why should he be asleep and you're still working?
他害你白白忙活 现在轮到你整整他
He's had you on the run. Now it's yourturn.
我不能够这么做
I couldn't do that.
他电♥话♥多少?
What's his number?
何况材料在第5个盒子里 你根本无法早些看到
Itwas in the fifth box, you couldn't have got to it earlier.
有道理
True.
喂?
Yes?
汉弗莱 这么晚打扰你真不好意思
Humphrey, sorry to ring you so late.
我没破坏你晚餐的兴致吧?
I didn't interrupt you in the middle of dinner, did I?
没有 晚餐早结束了
No, we finished dinner some while ago.
现在几点了?
Oh, good. What's the time?
凌晨两点
Er, two a.m.
我的老天 出了什么大事? 没有 一切正常
Good God, what's the crisis? No. No crisis.
我正在研究盒子
I'm going through my boxes,
而且我知道你肯定也还在鞠躬尽瘁
and I knew you'd still be hard at it.
对的 对的 埋头苦干
Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes. Nose to the grindstone.
那好 我刚看到资料库的文件
Well, I've just come across this Data Base paper.
您发现... 您看过了!
Oh, you've found... you've read it!
我得说这让我很不满
Thought I'd bettertell you I'm not happy with it.
你将有幸为此另寻出路
You'll welcome an opportunity to work on something else.
不介意我打电♥话♥给你吧 不 大臣阁下 一点也不
You didn't mind my calling you? No. Not at all Minister.
听到您的声音总是非常愉快
Always a pleasure to hearfrom you.
我还要跟他说要在内阁会议前把对策告诉我
I meant to tell him to see me about it before Cabinet.
现在别打给他
Don't ring him now.
是啊 现在是晚了点
You're right, it is a bit late.
让他先睡10分钟
Give him anotherten minutes.
你最好速战速决
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表