剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
And it is full of marginal constit...I mean depressed areas.
大臣阁下 我可不认为利用王室
Minister, I hardly think that we can exploit our Sovereign
就意味着要把女王卷入到所谓的
by involving her in what some might call
肮脏的拉票活动中
a squalid vote grubbing exercise.
你需要更好的理由? 的确需要
You want a better reason, right? Indeed we do.
那你告诉我他为何而来
Then tell me why he's coming.
来就共同利益交换意见
For exchange of views on matters of mutual interest.
告诉我他是为何而来 近海石油钻井设备
Now tell me why he's coming. Off shore drilling equipment.
希望他会和英国政♥府♥签一笔大单子
We're hoping he's going to place a huge order with BG.
他要上哪儿去看这些设备?
And where is he going to see all this off shore equipment?
阿伯丁 克莱德 没错
Aberdeen. Clydeside. Yes.
你在黑索米尔镇有多少钻塔 汉弗莱?
How many oil rigs have you got in Haslemere?
但是行政上的问题…
But the administrative problems…
本部门就是为解决行政问题而建立的
That's what this whole department was created to solve.
可苏格兰太远了 也没多远
But Scotland's so remote. Not all that remote.
就是波特斯巴镇上面两英寸粉红色的那小块
It's that pink bit about two feet above Potter's Bar.
这真有趣 大臣
Very droll, Minister.
好了 就在苏格兰了
So, it's going to be Scotland.
这就是我决定的政策
That is my policy decision.
我就是来干这个的 是吗 伯纳德?
That's what I'm here for, right Bernard?
是吗 汉弗莱? 很好 谢谢
Right Humphrey? Good, thank you.
他为什么反对这个主意 伯纳德? 我是说 真实原因
What's he got against the idea Bernad? I mean realy.
汉弗莱爵士很喜欢参加大使♥馆♥的宴会
Well, Sir Humphrey likes going to Foreign Embassies,
打着白领结 身穿燕尾服 胸别勋章 衣冠楚楚
with his white tie, tails, medals.
要是在苏格兰 场面就小多了
It will all be on a much smaller scale of expectation in Scotland.
你是说 汉弗莱露面的机会不多?
You mean no room for Humphrey?
基本上没有 只有苏格兰的常任秘书才有机会
Probably not. Only for the Permanent Secretary there.
汉弗莱爵士有很多...吗?
Has Sir Humphrey got lots of um...?
有 大臣 一两枚吧
Yes one or two, Minister.
他还被推荐为下届高级英帝国勋爵
He's been recommended for the KBE for the next honours list
你怎么知道的?
How do you know?
我以为授勋的事一直是严格保密的
I thought honours were a closely guarded secret.
再来点咖啡吗 巨人? 谢谢 小汉
More coffee, Jumbo? Thank you, Humpy.
外交大臣不会同意了这个荒谬的
Any luck with the Foreign Secretary about this
苏格兰方案吧?
Scottish nonsense?
恐怕是的 说不动他 你的大臣先把他拉拢了
Afraid not. Can't budge him. Your Minister nobbled him first.
不可能再弄回伦敦了?
No chance of getting it back to London?
不可能了 看来内阁是完全一致
No, I'm afraid the Cabinet are utterly united.
都是为了偏远地区的选票 看出来了吧?
All these marginal seats, d'you see?
真不要脸
Shameful.
党派政♥治♥
Political.
太典型了
Typical.
老一套的东西
Inevitable.
还这么招摇
And so blatant.
我是说 公然颁布了在访问之后
I mean issuing writs for three Scottish by-elections
举♥行♥三场补缺选举的文件
to poll on the day after the visit.
你能想像哈罗德·麦克米伦(首相)会做出这种事吗?
Can you imagine Harold MacMillan doing a thing like that?
能
Yes.
是啊 其实我也认为会
Yes, so can I, actually.
那么 苏格兰那边的安排
Now, about the arrangements for Scotland.
我是说接待 你知道谁会去吗?
The reception I mean. Do we know who's going?
是啊 布兰达在爱丁堡的领♥事♥馆♥
Yes. I'm afraid the Burandan Consulate in Edinburgh
恐怕就是个猪圈
is rather a hutch.
还不又得让我一个人
I shall have to carry the flag
为了这些行政事务忙前忙后
for the Civil Service all by myself.
是吗?
Oh really?
真同情你
Well, you have my sympathy.
天知道他们会给
God knows what they'll be
那些苏格兰人和布兰达人吃些什么
serving up for the Scots and Burandans.
教会调料扮苏格兰羊杂 除了这个还会是什么
Haggis in missionary sauce, I shouldn't wonder.
私下里说 其实很可能不会有什么访问了
Actually, between ourselves, the visit will probably never happen.
不会有? 为什么? 内部不太平
Never happen? Why? Rumblings in the interior.
哦 天哪… 哦 我明白了
Oh dear... Oh, I see what you mean.
我们驻芒戈维尔的人这么说的 有那么严重吗?
From our man in Mungoville. Isn't that rather serious?
布兰达是个友好的非洲国家
Buranda's a friendly African country
也算是英联邦的友邦
with a Common Wealth connection.
我们的情报是它可能会变成一个敌对的
Our information is it's likely to turn into a hostile L.D.C.
跟古巴搭上关系的欠发达国家
With a Cuban connection.
政♥府♥会怎么做? 就和以往一样...
What will the Government do? The same as always...
管他呢!
Damn all!
(BBC 电视新闻)
刚刚收到报导 西非国家布兰达
We are just getting reports of a coup d'etat in Buranda,
也就是前英属赤道非洲发生了政♥变♥
the West African State, formerly British Equatorial Africa.
早先的报导说总司令
Earlier report suggested that the Commander in Chief
赛林·默♥罕♥默♥德♥宣布成为该国总统
Colonel Selim Mohammed has been declared President.
前总统阿兰 情况不明
It is not known what's happened to President Alam,
而后者原定于下周对英国进行正式访问
who was due to pay an official visit to Britain next week.
还没有迹象表明...
There is still no sign of agreement...
看到了吗? 快给我接外交大臣
Did you see that? Get me the Foreign Secretary.
要封♥锁♥消♥息♥吗?
Shall we scramble?
封锁 不 已经不是秘密了 都成新闻了
Scramble.No, it's not secret, it's on the news.
马丁
Martin.
布兰达这事怎么办? 怎么回事?
What's all this about Buranda? What's all what?
那里发生政♥变♥了
There's been a coup d'etat.
你怎么知道的?
How do you know?
都上电视了 你没看到吗?
It was on the news. Didn't you see?
你不知道? 你可是外交大臣啊! 天哪
Don't you know? You're Foreign Secretary! For god's sake.
是啊 可我的电视机出毛病了
Yes. But my TV set's on the blink.
你的电视机? 你不是有外♥交♥部♥电文么?
Your TV set? Don't you get telegrams?
不 电文总是晚到 我都从电视上看国际新闻的
No, they always come in later. I get all the foreign news from TV.
你在开玩笑...对吧? 不开玩笑
You're joking... aren't you? No.
正式访问怎么办?
What about this official visit?
必须保证访问照常进行 对吗? 我们能怎么办?
We've got to make sure this still happens.How can we?
新总统是谁? 得查清楚
Who's the new President? We must find out.
确保他会来 管他是谁
And make sure he comes. whoever he is.
还有三场补缺选举靠这个呢 这我知道
There are three by-elections hanging on it. I know that.
一有进一步消息就告诉我
Let me know if you hear anything more...
不 还是你告诉我 你有电视
No, you let me know. You're the one with the telly.
听到那个坏消息了吗 大臣阁下? 是啊 简直是灾难
You've heard the sad news? Yes, disaster.
不 不 不 不 只是小小的不便
No. No. No. No, just a slight inconvenience.
轮子已经转起来了 取消访问
The wheels are in motion. Now it's really perfectly simple
不过是件简单的事情
to cancel the arrangements for the visit.
取消访问? 你不能这么做
Cancel the visit? You'll do no such thing.
我们别无选择 大臣
We have no choice, Minister.
我刚和外交大臣谈过
I've just been speaking with the Foreign Secretary.
我们将重新邀请新总统访问
We are reissuing the invitation for the new President.
可是 我们还没承认他的政♥府♥
But, we haven't recognised his government.
轮子已经开始转了
The wheels are in motion.
可新总统是谁? 默♥罕♥默♥德♥什么的
But who is he? Mohammed something.
我们对他一无所知 他到底是什么样的人?
We know nothing about him. What's he like?
汉弗莱 他是来访问的
Humphrey, he's coming here on a official visit.
我们又不是让他加入国会俱乐部
We're not putting him up after the Athenaeum.
大臣阁下
Minister.
布兰达还处于混乱之中
Buranda is in total confusion.
我们不知道谁在为他撑腰
We don't know who is behind him.
我们不知道他是仗着苏联而来
We don't know Whether he's Soviet backed,
还是个只为了敲竹杠而来的普通布兰达人
or just a ordinary Burandan with an eye for the main chance.
我们不能冒外交风险
We cannot take diplomatic risks.
政♥府♥别无选择 可是女王陛下...
The Government has no choice. But Her Majesty...
女王陛下能够应付 她总能应付
Her Majesty will cope. She always does.
但那人到底是谁?
But who is he?
他可能很没教养
He might not be properly brought up.
他可能对她言行粗鲁
He might be rude to her.
他可能会对女王动手动脚
He might take liberties.
他肯定会跟女王合影
He will be photographed with Her Majesty
那时发现他是又一个伊迪·阿明(乌干达暴君)怎么办?
and what if he turns out to be another ldi Amin.
这样的后果将可怕得难以预料
The repercussions are too hideous to contemplate.
我们会查清楚他 我们办不到
We'll find out about him. We can't.
在我们眼里他仍是一个谜团
All that we know is that he's an enigma.
汉弗莱 我不喜欢这个词
Humphrey, I don't care for that word.
谜团?
Enigma?
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表