剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
At the appropriate juncture.
万事俱备
In the fullness of time.
条件成熟
When the moment is ripe.
所有必要程序都走完
When the necessary procedureshave been completed.
当然不会贸然给你
Nothing precipitate, of course.
大臣 这事很紧急
Minister, this is getting urgent.
紧急 汉弗莱?今天新词不少么
Urgent, Humphrey?What a lot ot newwords!
大臣 请恕我冒昧
You'll forgive me if I say this,
但我开始怀疑
but I am beginning to suspect
您对我隐瞒了什么
that you are concealingsomething from me.
我们两个之间没有秘密 对吗?
You and I have no secretsfrom each other, have we?
抱歉 大臣 但有时人不得不想到
I'm sorry, but sometimesone is forced to consider
事情可能受到操纵
the possibility that affairsare being conducted in a way
考虑一切情况 前思后想
whichallthingsbeingconsidered,andmakingallpossible allowances
尽管可能比较刺耳
is, not to put too finea point on it,
也许您不完全坦率
perhaps not entirely straightforward.
坦率不坦率你最懂了
You're the experton straightforwardness.
那给政策评估小组的草案怎么说?
So what aboutthe draft evidence?
好吧 既然你问了 汉弗莱 还问的这么坦率
since you ask, Humphrey,and to be perfectly straightforward,
我自己重新起草了一遍
I have redrafted it myself.
我不要你再改
I don'twant you to redraft it.
我非常喜欢它现在的样子
I'm perfectly happywith it as it is.
我能否斗胆问句您写了什么?
May I be bold enoughto ask what you have said?
就是我想说的 分阶段裁减公务员
What I wanted: Phasedreductions in the Civil Service.
汉弗莱 你挫败了我的透明政♥府♥
You have frustrated meoveropen government,
挫败了我的节约运动 这次我可志在必得
and the economy drive,this time I'm going to have my way.
政党需要它 公众也需要
The party wants it,the public wants it.
我不得不说 公务员只会采取拖延战术
And all we get from the CivilService is delaying tactics.
公务员的拖延不能叫"战术" 大臣
I wouldn't call Civil Servicedelays "tactics", Minister,
这是把消极当积极
thatwould be to mistakelethargy for strategy.
很好笑
Very droll.
但你必须了解 改革是当务之急
But there is a real desirefor radical reform in the air.
党派联席特别行政委员会
The Select Committeeon Administrative Affairs,
由我建立 非常之成功
which I founded,it's a great success.
哦 是吗 有什么成就?
Oh, indeed,what has it achieved?
眼下没有 不过我们党派很喜欢
Nothing yet.But the party's very pleased with it.
为什么?
Why?
首先 上周一《每日邮报》10寸的专栏
Ten column inchesin last Monday's Daily Mail.
如今政♥府♥以专栏长度论成败啦?
The government measuresits success in column inches?
是...不是...
Yes... no...
是也不是
Yes and no!
大臣 您要提交的证词
Minister, the evidencethat you are proposing to submit
不仅不真实 更有甚者 还不明智
is not only untrue, it is also,which is much more serious, unwise.
这件事我们讨论过
Now, we have beenthrough all this before.
公务员编制庞大
The expansionof the Civil Service
是议会立法的结果
is the resultof parliamentary legislation,
与官僚帝国无关
not bureaucratic empire building.
下次质询 你要我告诉议会
So you want me to tellParliament that it's theirfault
是他们害公务员队伍这么庞大?
that the Civil Service is too big?
可这是事实 大臣 我不要事实
But it's the truth.I don'twant the truth.
我要给议会一个交待
I want somethingI can tell Parliament.
汉弗莱 你是我的常任秘书 应该执行我的政策
Humphrey, you are supposedto enact my policies.
可你怎么专门跟我作对
Yet, you seem implacablyopposed to them.
我必须知道你站在那边
I must knowwhereyou stand on all this.
大臣 一个人站的立场 取决于他坐的位置
Where one stands, Minister,depends upon where one sits.
我猜你是不支持我了?
Am I to inferthat you will not support me?
我们永远支持您 大臣
We will always support you,
但要给您扛旗 而不是抬棺材
but as your standard bearernot as you pall bearer.
汉弗莱 你在说什么呀?
What are you saying?
我认为再清楚不过了 大臣
I should have thoughtis crystal clear.
不要把报告交给
Do not send this report to a body
打算发表的人!
whose recommendationsare to be published!
我就是要拿去发表
That is exactlywhy I'm sending it.
我不想再听你说了
I don'twant to hearany more.
我能否再说一件事? 除非用简单英语
May I say just one more thing?Lf it's in plain English.
很好 大臣
Very well, Minister.
如果您非要做这件蠢事
If you are going to dothis damn silly thing,
拜托别用这种蠢办法
don't do itin this damn silly way.
大臣 内阁会议您要迟到了
Minister,you'll be late forCabinet.
哦 对了 内阁
Oh, yes. Cabinet.
今天上午讨论什么?
What are we talking about?
内阁讨论您的提案 关闭土地局
Yourproposals to close downthe Land Registry.
我的提案?
My proposal...?
您记得吗 缩减地方自治政♥府♥
Reducing the autonomousGovernment Departments.
是你的提案 您签字了
Itwas yourproposal.You have initialled it.
哦 是吗?写的什么? 放心 大臣 绝对一致通过
Oh, have I? What's in it?It'll all go through on the nod.
好吧 东西带齐了? 齐了
Got all the stuff? Yes.
快点 可别迟到
Come on then,mustn't be late.
小汉
Humpy...
你们部给研究所的证词写了吗?
Have you written yourevidenceto the Think Tank yet?
多少算吧 怎么讲?
More or less.What do you mean?
大臣在写 小汉!
The Minister's written it.Humpy!
对对 很不明智 可他一定要写
Yes, I know. All very unwise.But he insisted.
他一个多星期就没干别的
He's been working at nothing elseformore than a week now.
你不该让大臣卷进这么深
You should never let Ministersget so deeply involved.
今天写草案 再不盯紧 他们要定政策了呢
The next thing you knowthey'll be dictating policy.
是 我明白
Yes, I know.
这次会议长吗? 估计不会
Is this a lengthy Cabinet?I don't think so.
纯粹浪费生命
Ghastly waste of time.
没错 可没有我们牵着小手
Yes, but if we're not hereto hold theirhands,
天晓得他们会干出什么来?
God knowswhat they might not get up to?
失陪了 巨人 是 大臣
Excuse me, Jumbo.Yes, Minister?
你知道我提议内阁关闭土地局
I'm recommending to Cabinetto close down the Land Registry.
为什么? 为什么?
Why? Why?
为什么关闭还是为什么提上内阁?
Why are we closing itorbringing it to Cabinet?
什么? 什么?
What? What?
我为什么要提上内阁?
Why am I recommending it?
您当然知道 不知道我才问
Surely you know.No, that's why I'm asking.
你说会一致通过 我才提的
You said itwould gothrough on the nod,
现在首相问起来了
now the PM's startedasking questions.
我自己还没读过
And I haven't read my proposal.
因为地方政♥府♥部门扩张了9.75%
There was a 9.75 rise in autonomousGovernment Departments.
对对 谢谢你
Yes, of course. Thank you.
抱歉 巨人
I'm sorry, Jumbo...
你在限制地方自治政♥府♥?
Helping to restrictthe autonomous departments?
正好跟首相的政策走
That should find favourwith the PM policy-wise.
哦?为什么?
Oh? Why?
最近时兴削减公务员
Veryfashionable simplifyingthe Civil Service
特别是研究所出报告之后
especially with this Think Tankrecommendation.
报告还没提交吧 提交了 私下的
But they haven't reported.Yes, they have, unofficially...
不会 证词还没收集全呢
They haven't takenall the evidence yet.
中♥央♥政策评估小组高贵的头脑
The Central Policy Review Staffdon't sully their elevated minds
掺不进证据这种沙子
with anything as sordid as evidence.
估计他们正建议首相
You may take it thatthey'll be advising the PM
简化政♥府♥行政部门
to simplify the administrationof government.
那我有得忙了 对吧
Well, that'll keep me busy.Ah, well.
我估计不会
I shouldn't count on it.
你不指望我-首相的资深政策顾问
You surely don't expect me,the PM's Senior Policy Adviser,
把机密透给一个常任秘书吧
to betray confidences.
当然 透机密怎么能找同事
Not to yourcolleagues, certainly.
反正午饭前你也会听到小道消息
No doubt the grapevinewould inform you by lunchtime.
听到?听到什么?
Inform?Inform us of what?
汉弗莱 你那位大臣千方百计
Your Minister is seeking
裁减公务员队伍
to reduce overmanningin the Civil Service.
这回他成功了
Well, he's going to get his way.
财政部 内政部和公务员系统
Treasury, the Home Officeand the Civil Service
都提议
have all proposed
废除你们行政事务部
to abolishyourDepartment of Administrative Affairs
首相对提案微笑了
and the PM is smiling on the plan.
真荒唐 干净利落
That's absurd.Clean. Dramatic.
众望所归 没什么阻力
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表