剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表
玻琳 回答我的问题
Pauline, answer the question.
不是卖♥♥出去了 先生
Not sold, sir.
那么她在哪里?
Then where is she?
不见了 先生 飞走了
Gone, sir. Flown away.
我打开笼子想让她站在我的手上
I opened the cage to stand her on my hand
但是笼子一打开
and the door was open
她就飞走了
and she flew away.
这需要勇气承认这个事实
It took courage to admit that.
让我们看看能做什么补救吧
Let's see what we can do.
我没有被解雇吗 先生?
Am I not dismissed, sir?
我和一位住在旧沼泽的男人谈过了
I spoke to a man up at the Old Moor,
他认识所有有鸟的地方
he knows all there is to know about birds.
我觉得我们能把她找回来
I think we can get her back.
是我的错 不是吗?
It's my doing, isn't it?
我是你辞职的原因
I am the reason you left,
是我害的你丢了工作 没有收入?
the reason you have no job, no money?
叔叔 我不觉得您能理解
Uncle, I don't suppose you will understand,
但是我向您保证 绝对不是您想的那样
but I promise you it is not so.
我离开天堂百货是因为...
I left The Paradise because...
是因为那个地方使我痛苦
Because it pained me to remain there.
如果伯蒂有相思之苦 那么萨莉也会有的
If Bertie is pining, Sally will be too.
萨莉! 萨莉!
Sally! Sally!
最好不要大声叫 玻琳 你会吓着她的
Best not to call out, Pauline. You'll frighten her.
那我们该怎么做
What do we do now then?
我们等着
We wait.
一切都会好转的 叔叔 我们会有生计的
It will be all right, Uncle. We will make a living.
现在可不是那么容易了
It is not so easy now.
我们会找到不同于天堂百货的谋生之道的
We will find ways to be different from The Paradise.
看
Look.
静静地等着 让我们等她自己过来
Stay quiet now, let's wait for her to come down.
我注意到一两个男人...
I've noticed one or two men...
一些男人...
some men...
现在对于男人来说
there's a fashion for men
不带领结而打领带是一种时尚
to wear neckties instead of cravats.
我想...
I wonder...
你想让我做领带? 我可是一名女装裁缝师
You want me to make neckties? I'm a dressmaker.
这个星期你卖♥♥出了多少裙子这? 这个月呢?
How many dresses have you sold this week? This month?
你是我所知道的这个城市里最好的女装裁缝师
You are the finest dressmaker in this city, as far as I can see.
但是我们要维持生计啊
But we need to earn a living.
人们更愿意
People will be more willing to
支付小额的钱
part with a small amount of money,
将它们装在口袋里 当欲望来袭时
what they might have in their pockets. What they can afford
他们也能承受得起
when the impulse takes them.
领带
Neckties.
好吧 我会把这件事做得和任何男人一样出色
Well, I will make as splendid a job of making them as any man.
我们可以把领带放在店铺外的桌子上进行展览
We could display them out on a table outside of the shop.
什么 在街道上? 那不成集贸市场了吗?
What, on the street? Isn't that no better than a market stall?
也许吧 但这会使我们吃饱肚子
Perhaps. But it will put food in our bellies
还可以使我们赚到足够的钱来粉刷店铺门面
and we might earn enough to paint the front of the shop if we work at it.
我们还可以做枕套...
We could make pillow cases...
枕套?!
Pillow cases?!
带刺绣的
Embroidered.
叔叔 你能放心让我来经营一段时间吗?
Uncle, will you trust me to steer things along for a little while?
没问题
I will.
达德利先生 我想回到杂货柜台工作
Mr Dudley, I would like to go back to haberdashery.
但是 你喜欢鸟啊
But, you love the birds.
纽扣不会自己飞掉
Buttons don't fly away.
鸟只是一时的心血来潮
Birds are a passing fancy.
缎带和小商品 它们会让我们生意持续兴隆
Ribbons and notions, they'll keep us in business for years to come.
她十分坚持 我怎么也说服不了她
She insisted. She would brook no reason nor imploring.
谢谢你 达德利
Thank you, Dudley.
我们是否应该雇佣新员工 先生?
Are we to take on a new girl, sir?
是的 当然
Yes. Of course.
我有一箱子的申请
I have a boxful of applications.
也许我们应该再等上一两天
Perhaps we might wait a day or so.
如你所愿 先生
As you wish, sir.
乔纳斯 我能否和你说句话
Jonas, if I might speak with you, please.
你做的 是不是?
You did this, didn't you?
你故意让艾德蒙·洛维特袭击你!
You caused Edmund Lovett to attack you!
你自己说的你害怕他会采取行动
You said yourself you were fearful of what he might do
- 来抨击你 - 我并没有让你做这个
- to lash out at you. - I did not ask you to do this.
你并不需要开口 先生
You did not need to ask, sir.
你怎么敢! 绝没有下次 你明白了吗?
How dare you! You cannot do this to me, do you understand?
什么使你觉得你可以随便取人性命?
What makes you think you can take another man's life?
先生 我的职责就是保护你
My duty, sir, is to protect you.
这也是海伦妮希望的
It is what Helene would have wanted.
她已经不在这里守护你了 先生
She is not here to be your guardian, sir.
我要用实际行动来回报这位好心的夫人
So now it is my obligation to repay that good lady.
不要再这样做了 你听到了吗?
No more, do you hear me?
立刻停下
This has to stop.
这不公平 这是不对的 德妮丝工作出色
It's not fair. It's not right. Denise was so good at her job.
女孩离开这里的多了 因为各种各样的原因
Girls leave here all the time, for their different reasons.
我说过我会帮助她的 我说过这会没事的
I said I would help her, I said it would all be all right.
你怎么能保证没事? 这关你什么事 山姆?
How can you make it all right? What business is it of yours, Sam?
因为我想成为她的朋友
Because I want to be a friend to her.
我们都是她的朋友
We are all a friend to her.
她离开了 就这样
She is gone and that's that.
我试着劝她留下来
I tried to persuade her to stay.
我相信你尽到了最大的努力 达德利先生
I am sure you did your very best, Mr Dudley.
我们会想念她的
We'll miss her.
是的
We will.
领带?
Neckties?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
多棒的想法啊 德妮丝
What a good idea, Denise.
谢谢
Thank you.
我不知道多少男人打领带
I don't know many men who wear neckties.
实际上 我是唯一一位清楚
In fact, I am the only man I am aware of
自己偏好领带的男人
who prefers them.
我见过...一些男人打领带
I have seen... some men wearing them.
哦 好吧 我相信它会流行起来的
Oh, well, I am sure it will catch on.
- 我可以买♥♥一个吗? - 当然
- May I buy one? - Of course.
你不需要离开 德妮丝
You did not have to leave, Denise.
我并不想留下来
I did not wish to remain.
你能回到我身边吗?
Will you come back to me?
不 先生 现在不行
No, sir. Not now.
假如我恳求你呢?
Suppose I were to implore you?
你为什么要这样做?
Why would you do that?
因为你是我的小冠军
Because you are my little champion.
你让我自己看起来像个傻子
You let me make a fool of myself.
你已经订婚了 却还让我吻你
You let me kiss you when you are engaged to be married.
你还让我说出了那些话
You let me say those things.
我有自己的不得已 我娶凯瑟琳是有原因的
I had my reasons. I had my reasons for Katherine.
这些都发生得...太突然了
It all happened so... suddenly.
我没法不做这些 德妮丝
I cannot find the way to undo this, Denise.
当你吻我的时候...
When you kissed me...
你要和凯瑟琳·格伦德宁结婚了
You are to marry Katherine Glendenning
这是最重要的
and that is all that matters.
是
Yes.
我向你道歉 这个也重要
And I am sorry. That matters too.
艾德蒙
Edmund.
对于乔纳斯所做的一切
I wish to offer my apologies,
我希望能致上我诚挚的歉意
for the incident with Jonas.
这是什么鬼把戏? 你向我道歉?
What sort of trick is this? You apologising to me?
他没有任何理由在那样的时辰拜访你的店铺
He had no call coming into your store at such an hour.
他也没有任何理由向你挑起争端 我很抱歉
He had no call forcing an argument with you. I'm sorry.
好的 我才是应该道歉的人
Well, I am the one to be sorry.
我才是那个举起拳头的人
I am the man who raised his fist.
我很感激没有人起诉我
I'm grateful there is no charge brought against me.
如果在这里功成名就是你想要的
If it is success here that you want,
那我会助你一臂之力
then I shall give it to you.
剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表