剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表
现在是扩张的好时机 我必须抓住
Now is the moment to expand and I must grasp it.
所以我会答应伯勒斯的条件
So I will agree to Burroughs' terms,
但我需要保护好天堂百货
but I need something that protects The Paradise.
先生 很简单
Sir, we could quite simply
我们可以在合同里加入一些条款
insert a clause into his contract,
就说 只要伯勒斯触犯底线
to say that as soon as Burroughs steps over the line
我们就会给他你答应过的开价 然后开除他
we will pay him what you promised and remove him.
达德利 我需要你盯着点伯勒斯
Dudley, I need you to keep check on Burroughs.
而且让他远离我
And keep him away from me.
我就说嘛 不是吗?
I always said, didn't I say?
只要我们坚持 黄金岁月还是属于我们的
If we hold on, the best of times will be with us.
这样的订单 手工定制并不便宜啊 德妮丝
An order like this, bespoke work and not cheap, Denise,
这会让我们坚持好一段时间
it will keep me going.
太好了 叔叔 信念的真正标志
That's wonderful, Uncle. A true sign of faith.
质量 人们最终还是会重视质量的
Quality, see. People will always come back to quality.
格伦德宁小姐跟我说
Miss Glendenning told me,
如果她对裙子满意的话 她就会下更多的订单
if she is happy with her dress she has a mind to order more.
如果她成为了我的顾客
If she is a customer then,
你知道这意味着什么吗?
do you see what this means?
当然
Yes.
我承认 有一段时间我对自己丧失了信心
I will admit, I let myself lose heart a little,
你自己的叔叔不能给你工作
your own uncle unable to give you work.
我苛责过自己 但是这份订单
I've let it torment me. But this order.
不仅仅是钱的问题 德妮丝 你明白吗?
It's not just the money, Denise. Do you see?
这是未来的预兆
This is a sign of things to come.
是的
Yes.
黄金岁月
The best of times.
黄金岁月
The best of times.
德妮丝
Denise.
噢 莫里先生 我刚去探望了我叔叔
Oh. Mr Moray, sir. I was visiting my uncle.
我想艾德蒙身体还好吧?
I hope Edmund is well?
是的 先生 他的精神好多了
He is, sir. His spirits are greatly improved.
因为他有活干了
Because he has work.
订单是...
Orders from...
你想要向我说什么 德妮丝?
What is it you are trying to tell me, Denise?
她给整条街的商店都下了订单 先生
She has been placing orders at the shops up and down the street, sir.
没人知道你是否知道此事
No-one knew if you were aware of it.
她在我叔叔那里订了一条裙子
She has ordered a dress from my uncle.
谁?
Who has?
格伦德宁小姐 先生
Miss Glendenning, sir.
她走遍了整条街 一间又一间店
She was going down the street, shop to shop.
她有个富裕的朋友陪着 飘着羽毛的衣服
She had her well-to-do friends with her. Dripping with furs. Dripping.
为什么格伦德宁小姐要这样做?
Why would Miss Glendenning do that?
莫里先生不会高兴吧?
Mr Moray won't be, will he? Pleased.
听起来不怎么明智 不是吗?
Doesn't sound too smart, does it?
我们在扩展天堂百货的规模
We're expanding The Paradise
而她却在其他地方买♥♥东西
and she's taking her trade elsewhere.
奥德丽小姐 对部门的生意我有个新的想法
Miss Audrey, I had a notion, for our department,
我观察了下理发店的生意...
I was looking into the barber-shop window...
男士们?
Gentlemen?
女士 这个想法是指
The idea is, ma'am,
在一周中生意最低糜的下午...
on the quietest afternoon of the week...
让男士们进女装部? 你疯了吗 孩子?
Gentlemen in Ladieswear? Have you lost your senses, girl?
奥德丽小姐 不会有女士在场的
There would be no ladies present, Miss Audrey.
此时女装部只为男士开放
We would open the department only to gentlemen,
他们可能会为自己的妻子选到礼物
so they might be assisted in finding gifts for their wives.
只想说这真低俗
I cannot imagine anything more vulgar.
女士内衣 进价昂贵
The lingerie, it was a considerable cost to import it,
本想用这个来吸引一些有涵养的女士
it is intended to draw in refined ladies,
到现在没卖♥♥掉一件
we have not sold any yet.
必须想些办法度过这低糜的时期
We must think of ways to light up the quiet times.
先生...
Indeed, sir...
我有个想法
I do have a notion.
男士下午场
The Gentlemen's Afternoon.
每周四下午一点开始 禁止女士进入商店
Thursdays from 1.00, I thought we might banish the ladies
让她们的丈夫来
to let their husbands can come into the department
挑礼物给她们
to browse for gifts for them.
不错 不错 这是好主意
Yes. Yes, that might be something different.
值得尝试下
It is certainly worth a try.
多谢 莫里先生
Thank you, Mr Moray, sir.
灵感总在深夜时悄然来袭
Inspiration came to me deep in the night, as it so often does.
明天我们就试试
Let's try it out, tomorrow.
我去俱乐部邀请些男士
I will invite some men from The Club.
姑娘们 我们一定要热烈欢迎这些男士
We must give the gentlemen a warm welcome, girls.
好的 先生
Oh, we will, sir.
让他们愉悦 给他们推荐昂贵的小饰品
Put them at their ease, recommend expensive trinkets to them.
莫里先生
Mr Moray, sir,
我认为男士下午场不是个好主意
I believe Gentlemen's Afternoon is such a sorrowful notion.
为什么 克莱拉?
And why is that, Clara?
男人也需要欢乐 先生
Gentlemen need pleasures, too, sir.
他们经常否认自己需要欢乐
They so often deny themselves comforts.
为什么认为这是解决之道呢?
Why do you suppose that is?
克莱拉 可能这就是他们寻找的乐趣
Perhaps it is that some pleasures, Clara,
交给恶魔来付账
leave the Devil to pay.
自从她来了以后 他看都不看我一眼
He will hardly look at me now. Since she turned up.
克莱拉 你那只是一♥夜♥情♥
He wasn't looking at you anymore anyway.
之后他再没看过你了
It was one night, Clara.
过去了 就像是换掉的乳牙 不会再来了
It's gone. So's my milk teeth and they're not coming back.
不 他曾经像个受伤的孩子一样躺在我的怀里
No. He was like a broken boy child in my arms.
这一定意味着什么 一定
That means something. It has to.
他在抽泣 玻琳 哭着诉说他妻子的事
He was sobbing, Pauline, and whispering about his wife.
克莱拉 我不想听你提他妻子了
Clara. I don't like it when you talk about his wife.
这吓到我了 这是禁止谈起的
It scares me. It is forbidden.
你们看到她了吗?
Did you see her?
奥德丽小姐 我简直不敢相信
Miss Audrey. I can't believe it.
每个人都知道那是我的想法
Everyone knows it was my idea
而她就站在那 若无其事地笑着!
and she stood there, smiling!
这是...虚伪!
It is... dishonest!
这是...虚伪!
But it is... dishonest!
她以为我们是维布尔斯来的傻瓜吗
She thinks we're no more that halfwits from Weebles.
是皮布尔斯
Peeb. It's Peebles. Peeb.
是的 她总是一副无辜的样子
Yeah, well, she plays the innocent, that's what.
她的眼睛总死死的盯着莫里
She has her eyes set on Moray
我是不会眼睁睁看着她偷走他的
and I'm not going to let her steal him.
将他从格伦德宁小姐那偷走吗?
Oh, steal him from Miss Glendenning?
是从我这
Steal him from me.
我看到乔纳斯·弗兰克斯
I saw Jonas Franks
在黑皮书上写着跟她有关的东西
writing about her in that black book of his.
那上面肯定有什么
There will be something in there, I know it.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
能够证明她不是什么单纯的乡村女孩
Something shows she's not the little virgin cherub girl.
克莱拉 为什么你要这样想?
Clara. Why must you think like this?
德妮丝就是德妮丝
Denise is Denise. That's all.
我跟她经常来往 她很简单
I've talked to her and all she is, is Denise.
书里肯定有些什么东西 你们早晚会知道的
No, there'll be something in that book, then you'll all see.
因为 莫里先生收♥购♥了理发店
Because Mr Moray is purchasing the barber-shop,
所以布拉德利·伯勒斯会跟我们一起工作
Bradley Burroughs will be working with us, in the store.
我希望你俩能帮助他
I'm depending on you both to help him along.
达德利先生 我们必须得喜欢他吗?
Yes, Mr Dudley, sir. So we are to like him?
这都是为了莫里先生
It is all to enable Mr Moray to expand
顺利地扩展天堂百货
The Paradise in a peaceful way.
所以我们工作谨慎点吧 对大家都好
So let us all tread carefully and all will be well with the world.
先生 我能说两句吗?
Sir. Might I say something?
他是个理发的
He is a barber.
穿上龙袍也不像太子
A barber in a suit is still a barber.
山姆 谨慎工作 对他客气点
But we are to tread, Sam, carefully.
布拉德利 欢迎
Bradley. Welcome.
呃 我在想 我能有自己的办公室吗?
Now, I was wondering, do I get my own office?
啊 办公室 我们马上着手去办
Ah. Office. We will get to that.
对于初级合伙人来说 熟悉门市部是个挑战
The challenge for a Junior Partner is to master the shop floor.
剧集 | 天堂一刻(2012) | 导航列表