you know it?
给
Here.
我差点忘了
But me forget!
种植园奴隶不识字
Plantation slaves can't read.
你好
Hello!
日安 七月小姐
Good day, Miss July.
你在为你的女主人跑腿吗
Are you on an errand for your mistress?
是的 老爷
Surely be, Master.
好的 那我能载你一程回阿米蒂吗
Well, then, may I drive you back to Amity?
我在这办完事了 现在正好回去
I've finished my business here, I'm heading there now.
-好的 太好了 -来吧
- Yes. Yes! - Come!
非常感谢您
Thanking you.
祝你日安 克拉拉小姐
Good day to you, Miss Clara.
坐在上好的马车前部俯视周围的一切
From up high in the front of that fine carriage,
七月小姐发现世界变得非常不同
the world did look very, very different to our July.
她发现自己在琢磨
And she found herself thinking
克拉拉小姐是如何在这世界中攀龙附凤
how Miss Clara had come up in the world,
如何爬到现在的位置
and of how she get there.
老爷 您有没有
Master, have you...
不 你先说 你先说
Oh, no, please, please.
我刚才在想
Me was just thinking.
你有没有
Have you...
去过苏格兰 老爷
..ever been to Scotchland, Master?
不 没有去过
Er, no, I haven't, no.
但我听说那里很美
I've heard it's very beautiful, though.
为什么这么问
Why do you ask that?
我爸爸是苏格兰人
My papa be from Scotchland.
-你父亲是白人 -没错
- Your father was a white man? - Oh, yes.
我是黑白混血 不是黑人
Me be a mulatto, not a Negro.
-他叫什么名字 -我爸爸是塔姆·杜瓦先生
- And what was his name? - My papa be Mr. Tam Dewar.
-他是之前这里的监工 -是的
- He was the overseer here? - Yes.
好吧
Yes, right.
他是名出色的工头
And be a fine overseer.
你母亲呢
And your mother?
她叫凯蒂
Her name be Kitty.
她...
She...
她在第一队工作 她...
She work in the first gang. She...
她很高
She was tall.
也很强壮
And strong.
塔姆·杜瓦有没有娶你母亲
And was Tam Dewar married to your mother?
他们...
Them...
他们都在那场暴♥乱♥中丧生了 老爷
Them both killed, Massa, in the riots what did happen.
我很遗憾 我...
I'm so sorry, I'm so...
我不是有意让你难过 抱歉 我是无心的
I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.
没关系
It's all right.
我扶你下车吧
Let me help you down.
让我来...
Oh. Let me...
我有一本关于苏格兰的书
I have a book on Scotland.
你愿意的话 我找天给你看看
Perhaps you would allow me to show it to you one day.
谢谢您 老爷
Thank you, Master.
我想看
I surely will.
怎么 捕苍蝇吗 莫莉
What? Catching flies, Molly?
这一条要修补
This one needs mending.
这条也要
And this one.
你看这些内衣
These undergarments, look.
上面的丝绸都快成碎布了
The silk here is almost in shreds!
-是被老鼠啃的 太太 -什么
- The rats been at them, Missus. - What?
-它们喜欢咬有汗渍的地方 -住嘴
- Them like chew the sweaty part of the... - Oh, stop!
给我洗干净 补好就是了
Just have them washed and mended.
绅士应该让淑女作陪
A gentleman surely deserves the company of a lady.
这是当然 太太
Him surely do, Missus.
-水来了 -放在这儿
- Water. - Put it here.
要是让太太逮到你偷穿这个 她会鞭打你一顿
The Missus catch you in that, she go and get you lash.
她又不会发现
Well, she not going to catch me.
你穿这个要去哪儿
Where you be going in it?
钓鱼
Fishing.
钓一条大鱼回来
Go and catch me a big old fish,
我就再也不用自己动手干活了
so me never need dirty me hand no more.
你看什么看
What are you looking on me for?
快去 赶紧的
Come on, now!
再见
Goodbye!
书
七月小姐
Miss July.
抱歉 我一定是...
Sorry, must have just...
不小心睡着了一会儿
Just for a moment.
你有口信带给我吗
Do you have a message for me?
不 老爷 我是来看那本书的
No, Massa, I come to see the book.
书
The book?
有我爸爸故乡苏格兰的照片那本书
Picture of Scotchland, where my papa be from.
对 没错
Oh, yes, yes.
是的 那本书
Yes, the book.
这是您父亲吗
This be YOUR papa?
没错 是他
Yes, that's right, that's him.
找到了
Here we are.
我找找
Let's see.
你看 这就是苏格兰
Here. This is Scotland.
我爸爸就是住在这儿吗
Be this where my papa live?
不太可能 这是座城♥堡♥
No, I doubt it. That's a castle.
我再找找还有没有
Now, let's see if there's something more...
有了
Yes.
这应该是一般人家的房♥子
This is probably more the sort of thing.
这是我爸爸的房♥子吗
This be my papa's house?
不是这栋 不过是类似这样的
Well, not this one exactly, no, but something similar.
那...
And...
这些是什么
..what be these?
羊
Sheep.
羊是什么
And what be sheep?
不不不 不行 抱歉 对不起
No, no, no. No, I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry.
我不该这么做的
I shouldn't have done that.
这样做没错 老爷
No, no, it be right, Massa.
不 这大错特错
No, no, no, it's very wrong.
错得离谱
Very wrong.
我...
My...
我父亲不会同意的
My father would not approve, you see.
但你♥爸♥爸又不在
But your papa is not here.
不 他极其鄙视滥用自己地位
No, he has the highest contempt for white men
欺负黑人的白人
who abuse their position with Negroes, you see.
但我是黑白混血儿
But me is a mulatto.
-他是派我来行善的 -他不会知道的
- He sent me here to do good. - He will never know.
拜托 七月 你得走了
Please, July, you have to leave.
你必须离开 抱歉 你必须离开
You have to leave. I'm sorry. You have to leave.
为什么
Why?
因为你太美了
Because you're too beautiful.
你太美好了
You're too good.
不如...
Why don't...?
你必须离开 求你快走吧
You have to leave. Please leave.
走吧
Just leave.
我不会屈服于欲望的 父亲
I will not give in to this, Father.
我不会屈服于欲望的 父亲 我保证
I will not give in to this, Father, I promise you.
好吗 我不会受诱惑的
Right? I won't give in to this.
我保证我不会屈服于欲望
I promise you I won't give in to this.
让我悄悄告诉你一个事实
Let me whisper you a truth.
这不是这座加勒比岛屿上的白人
This is not the way white men usually behaved
通常会有的行事方式
upon this Caribbean island.
在那之后的好几周
For many weeks after that,
罗伯特·古德温都没再来过大宅
Robert Goodwin did stay away from the great house...
七月都担心再也见不到他了
...until July feared she may not see him again.
给七月小姐
直到最后 卡罗琳再也按捺不住
Until, finally, Caroline could stand it no longer.
她急需他的关注
She demand his attention.
是太太
Missus.
她来这做什么