请用 老爷
And for you, Massa.
谢谢你 七月小姐
Thank you, Miss July.
七月小姐
Miss July?
我们家有配奶酪的泡菜吗
Do we have any pickle to go with this cheese?
当然有 老爷
Surely, Massa.
你想要什么样的泡菜
What kind of pickle you want?
我想要辣的那种
Something hot, I think.
我们只有甜的 老爷
We only have sweet, Massa.
但我可以去集市上买♥♥些辣泡菜
But I can get hot pickle in the market.
埃西小姐卖♥♥的是镇上最好的辣椒泡菜
Miss Essie, she have the best hot pepper pickle in town.
是吗
Does she now?
我非常乐意尝尝她的辣椒泡菜
Well, I'd very much like to taste her hot pepper pickle.
过来和我们一起坐
Come and sit with us.
这有什么大不了的
What could possibly be the harm?
-过来坐下 -不 不 不
- Come and sit down. - No, no, no, no!
谢谢你 老爷 但我得回厨房♥
Thank you, Massa, but I must return to the kitchen.
住手
Stop it.
住手
Stop it.
你给我让开
Get off, you.
你想玩游戏是吗
You want to play games?
直起身来
Now stand up.
-套上袖子 -是的 拜托
- Some sleeves. - Oh, yes, please, yes.
我看起来像个养蜂人
I look like a beekeeper.
你为什么把我打扮成你的养蜂人
Why are you making me your beekeeper?
你可以出去努力工作了
You can go out and work hard.
和你在这个房♥间里是我最快乐的时光
You know, I've never been happier than in this room with you.
你是我真正的妻子 七月
You are my true wife, July.
你是我眼睛大又蓝的丈夫
And you are my big, big blue-eyed husband.
去工作了
To work, then.
-一切齐全 -别去太久
- Got everything. - Don't be long!
回来 我想你
Come back! I miss you.
杰克逊
Jackson.
庄园里情况怎么样
How's everything on my estate?
早上好 古德温先生
Good morning, Mr Goodwin.
这片田现在应该完工了才对 不是吗
This field should be finished by now, surely, no?
其他人都去哪了
Where are the others?
自从他们获得了自♥由♥ 就变得越发懒惰
Since they've been freed, the lazier they've got.
派人把他们找回来 让他们工作
Well, send someone to find them, and get them to work.
禁不起耽误一点时间 几天也不行
Can't afford to let things slip, even for a few days.
懂了吗
Savvy?
很好
Good.
艾米莉
好
All right.
来见见你妈妈
Come see your mama.
这是谁呀
Who this?
从没见过这么白的肤色
You never see skin so pale.
这对你是良药
This be good medicine.
能抚慰你对第一个孩子的回忆
Soothe the memory of your first child.
谢天谢地你没事
Oh, thank God you're safe.
谢天谢地
Oh, thank God.
宝宝怎么样
The baby?
是个女孩
A girl.
-女孩吗 -是女孩
- A girl? - A girl.
你好
Hello!
她真漂亮
Oh, she's perfect.
你真漂亮 真是太好了
You're perfect. It's perfect.
我...
My...
我妈妈名叫艾米莉
My mother's name was Emily.
你觉得...
Do you think...?
艾米莉是个好名字
Emily be a fine name.
我真希望我的故事就此结束
I wish I could end my story here.
可惜 还没
But, no.
姑娘们 喝茶啦
Girls, tea time!
都过来 过来洗洗手
Come in now. Come on in and wash your hands.
去吧
Go on.
喝茶吗
Tea?
艾米莉出生后不久
It was not long after the birth of Emily
阿米蒂遇到了重重困难
that Amity's fortunes did flounder
麻烦找上了新老爷
and the trouble with the new Massa begin.
如你们所知 三块甘蔗田已经成熟了
Now, as you know, three fields of cane are ready to be taken off,
所以我们必须加快速度完成工作
so we must work quickly to get the job done.
然而 由于工人的数量越来越少
However, since there are fewer of you working here now,
从现在开始 我需要你们一周工作七天
I will need you all to work seven full days a week from now on.
七天
Seven days!
所有十岁以上的男人和女人都是如此
That's every person over the age of ten years old, man and woman.
明白了吗
Understand?
一周必须工作七天 否则庄稼会烂的
Must work seven days a week, otherwise the crop will spoil.
-马上要圣诞节了 -你答应过放假的
- It be Christmas. - We promised time off!
我知道
Yes, I know that.
但庄稼已经成熟了 我们现在必须收割
But the crop is ready now, so we must harvest now.
如果等到圣诞节后 庄稼就烂了
If we wait until after Christmas, the crop will spoil.
-明白吗 -可我要去找我老婆
- You see? - But me go see my wife.
老爷 一周五天怎么样
Massa, five days a week we work for you.
五天可以
Five days it be.
但五天不够收割糖类作物 对吗
Yes, but five days is not enough to take off a sugar crop, is it?
甘蔗会在地里腐烂的
The cane will rot in the fields.
拜托 詹姆斯 你是个好人
Come, James, you are a good Negro,
你知道我说的是事实
you know this to be true.
这样吧 老爷
I tell you what, Massa,
每一个身体健康的人都给你干五天
every one of us in health, we work five days for you.
而且我们加倍努力
And we work hard.
必须是七天
It must be seven days.
你听到了吗 伙计
Do you hear me, boy?
直到庄稼收完
Just until the crop's in.
老爷 我听见了
Yes, Massa, me did hear you.
但是...
But...
我说五天
..Me say five days.
我们圣诞节必须休息
We must have Christmas off.
只能五天
Five days only.
我们会努力工作五天
We work hard five days.
但是 如果你们不照我说的去做
Yes. But remember, if you do not work when required,
我不会付你们钱
then you will not be paid.
如果你们交不起房♥租 就没有房♥子住
If you cannot pay your rent, you cannot stay in your homes.
我们自己造房♥子
We build them house!
我们的女王说我们会有房♥子住的
Our Queen tell us we're staying with house.
但所有的自♥由♥人 包括英格兰的白人
Yes, but all free people, even white people in England,
他们都按主人的要求工作 拿工资
they all work for wages as and when required by their masters.
我给你们一点时间好好考虑
Look, look, I will give you some time to think this over.
但我建议你们认真想想 仔细想想
But I suggest you think very, very hard.
告诉你家老爷 让他好好想想
Tell your Massa him think very hard.
我们不再是奴隶了
We slaves no more.
你为什么找他的麻烦
Why you make trouble with him for?
把庄稼收割完就好
It's only till crop be over.
别因为你生了个孩子 就被蒙骗了
Don't be fooled just cos you having pickney.
英国人都一个德行
Bakra all the same.
不
No.
他不一样 他人很好 很公正
Him different. Him be good and him be fair.
艾米莉
Emily.
吃点东西吧
Let's have some food.
老公 我在想圣诞节干活的事
Me thinking, husband, about the Christmas working.
或许你应该和工人们谈谈
Maybe it help if you just talk to the workers.
我和他们谈过了
I've talked to them.
我对他们一直很好
And I've always treated them well,
所以我不明白他们为什么不听我的
so I don't know why they're being so disobedient.
因为要过圣诞节了 老公
Because, husband, it be Christmas.
他们看到家人的次数越多 越会努力干活
The more see them family, the more work them gardens.
这我没办法 七月 庄稼已经成熟了
But I can't help that, July, the crop's ready now.
已经成熟了
It's ready now.
玛丽·埃利斯的儿子阿尔佛雷德来看她了
Mary Ellis have her son Alfred come.
他为了来见她 走了好几天
Him walk many days for see her.
是母子分开后的第一次见面