来吧 妹妹 来长长见识
Come, sister, this will be an education for you.
看 看这腿 卡罗琳
Look at, look at the legs, Caroline.
像树干一样粗壮
Like tree trunks.
摸摸这肌肉
Feel the muscles.
来吧 她又不咬人
Come on, she won't bite!
想象下让这腿穿上丝绸长袜 卡罗琳
Imagine putting silk stockings over these, eh, Caroline?
在英国有些人说奴隶制该被废除
There are some in England that say it should be done.
来吧 我们去乘凉
Come, let's get out of the heat.
但那个小的多可爱啊
Oh, but look how adorable the little one is.
这样的话
Well...
如果你喜欢就带上她
Well, bring her, then, if you like.
什么
What?!
我可以吗
Can I?
当然 只要你开心 她是我的财产
Of course, if she amuses you. She's my property.
反正不久她和她母亲也要分开
She'll be taken from the mother soon enough anyway.
带走她会促使她母亲再生一个
It will encourage her to have another.
这些黑人可不是什么好母亲
They're dreadful mothers, these negroes.
老爷 我有通行证
Massa, me have pass.
我们要去市场
We are go market.
如果我要在这岛上常住的话
Well, I suppose if I am to stay on this island,
可以培训她做我的女仆
I could train her to be my lady's maid.
但你得知道她们可不太聪明
They aren't very bright, you realise.
求您了 老爷 别这样
Please, Massa, no.
不
No!
-好 我要带上她 -好
- Yes, yes, I'll take her. - Right.
不 老爷 她还 她还太小了
Oh, no, Massa. She too, she too small.
-闭嘴 -求您了 老爷 求您了
- Quiet. - Have mercy, Massa. Mercy, Massa.
-妈妈 -老爷 不要
- Mama. - Massa, no.
老爷 不 求您了 别带走她 求您了
Massa, no. Please. Please, Massa, no.
-你走吧 -她太小了
- Be off with you. - She too small.
滚开
Piss off!
我打算叫你玛格丽特
Yes, I... I think I'll call you Marguerite...
跟雏菊是同一个词
..Like the flower.
妈
Ma...!
就这样
And that was that.
当时这样的事司空见惯
Happen all the time in them days.
你的孩子不属于你
Your pickney not your own.
你妈妈被卖♥♥了
Your mother is sold away.
现在你是我的了
You are mine now.
你必须听我的
You must do as I say,
否则我会把你送回种植园
otherwise I will send you back into the field
就像其他肮脏的小黑崽子一样
like any other filthy little piccaninny!
凯蒂小姐 凯蒂小姐
Miss Kitty, Miss Kitty.
你不能总溜到这里来
You cannot keep coming here.
走吧 走吧
Come, come.
别哭了 你这蠢丫头
Stop crying, you stupid girl.
如果他们抓到你
If them catch you,
就是一顿鞭子毒打 甚至更糟
it will be the cat o' nine tails or worse.
-走吧 -不
- Come. - No.
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特 快回来
Marguerite, come back here.
往事不多提
Enough.
让我们回到现在吧
Let us rejoin our tale.
可以这么说 尽管七月受尽鞭打和责骂
Suffice to say that, despite all her beatings and whippings,
她意识到太太
July realise that her missus
绝不会真把她赶回甘蔗园
never would return her to the fields.
玛格丽特 过来
Marguerite, come here.
因为那个笨女人没了她可怎么办啊
For, come, what would that fool-fool woman do without her?
她被困在那个见鬼的岛上
She was stuck on that godforsaken island
没有丈夫
with no husband,
也没有朋友或同伴
friend or companion.
她只有那个小女孩奴隶
All she had was that one little slave girl
她叫她玛格丽特
that she did call Marguerite...
但女孩永远不会忘记妈妈给自己起的名字
..But who would forever cling to the name her mama give her...
行了 玛格丽特
Enough, Marguerite.
七月
..July.
我们要做最美味的海龟汤
We must have the best turtle soup.
还要做羊肉派 鸽子派和水煮火腿
We must have mutton pies and pigeon pies and boiled ham,
再来四只烤鹌鹑
two brace of quail, roasted.
还少不了一只火鸡
And of course, a turkey.
不 准备两只火鸡
No, let us have two turkeys.
还有鸭子
And duck.
能弄到的话要三只 戈弗雷 做成肉冻
Three, if you can get them, Godfrey, in aspic.
-这么多食物是给七个人吃吗 太太 -没错
- All this for seven people, Missus? - Yes, yes.
还有 戈弗雷 到镇上找找有没有芝士
And Godfrey, enquire in town about cheese,
有哪种就买♥♥哪种
and buy whatever you can.
我会去找的 太太
I will enquire, Missus.
墙上要挂满蜡烛 一百支
I want candles all over the walls - 100 of them.
对
Yes.
我在伦敦看过
Yes, I've seen it done in London.
看起来很梦幻
It looks quite magical.
这些要花很多很多钱 太太
All this be plenty, plenty money, Missus.
你需要多少钱
Well, how much do you need?
首先 太太您喜爱的蜂蜡蜡烛
Well, to start, the beeswax candles which the Missus do prefer,
一盒就要六先令八便士
be six shillings and eight pennies for the box.
什么 不行 太贵了
What? No, that's too expensive.
但兽脂蜡烛
Now, the tallow candles
一盒只要一先令一便士
be one shilling and one penny for the box.
兽脂 你想让这房♥间闻起来像屠宰场吗
Tallow? Do you expect this room to smell like an abattoir?
那就买♥♥每盒六先令八便士那种
Then it's six shillings and eight pennies for a box.
我哥哥说你骗我
My brother says you cheat me.
蜡烛怎么会那么贵
How can they be that expensive?
不是蜡烛贵 太太
It is not that the candles be expensive, Missus,
而是 您买♥♥不起
it is just that...you cannot afford them.
你竟敢回嘴
How dare you talk back to me?!
用便宜点的价钱买♥♥到蜡烛
Just get me a good price for them,
不然我找人鞭打你
boy, or I will have you whipped.
是 太太
Yes, Missus.
记得把爱尔兰亚麻布铺在桌子上
Make sure you put the Irish linen upon the table.
给伊丽莎白·温德姆留个好印象
That will impress Elizabeth Wyndham.
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
动作快点
Hurry up, now.
我们还有很多活儿要干
We have plenty work here, you know.
听见没 快点
You no hear me? Hurry up!
早安 戈弗雷先生
Morning, Mr Godfrey.
我受够了这些人 叫我做这个做那个
I'm fed up with these people. Making me do this, do that,
好像我除了砍肉就没别的可做了
like I have nothing to do but chop!
七个人一顿饭绝对吃不完
Seven people never going to eat all of these dead creature
那么多动物 对吧
in one dinner, eh?
就算是那些白人贪吃鬼也吃不完
Not even them white greedy-guts.
晚餐不只是拿来吃的 还是一种炫耀
Come, dinner not just be for eating. Dinner be for show.
芒果园那个女人说 很快我们都会自♥由♥了
The mango woman say, one day soon we all be free.
-自♥由♥ -你说什么痴话呢
- Free? - What you chatting, girl?
芒果园那女人从渔夫那儿听说的
The mango woman hear it from the fisherman.
英格兰国王说要废除奴隶制
The King in England say no more slaves.
是啊 我听说那个渔夫
Yeah, me hear that the fisherman
跟英格兰国王是好朋友
good friends with the King in England.
拜托 我们以前也听过自♥由♥这种传闻
Come, we hear all this freedom chat before.
早安 七月小姐
Morning, Miss July.
天啊 你都亭亭玉立了
My, how you all grow up!
早安 尼姆罗德先生
Morning, Mr Nimrod.
渔夫是听教堂那个
The fisherman hear it from the white preacherman
白人传教士说的
at the Sunday chapel,
他不说谎的 从不说谎
and he don't, him not lie!
怎么了 再拿点蒜头来
What? Go get more garlic.
今天你可没空讨论关于自♥由♥的传闻
Girl, you have no time this day to chat no freedom gossip.
我已经获得自♥由♥了
Of course, me, I've me freedom already.
我赎回来的
Me bought it.
我拿着一百英镑走到老爷面前
Walked right up to the massa with £100 in me hand.
是吗 你从哪儿弄到的钱
Yeah, and where you get that money?