What she be after?
快点 别偷懒
Let's go, no slacking!
这里全在栽种和施肥
This is all being planted up and fertilised,
一队每天能种下三千株
and the first gang have planted 3,000 holes a day...
一星期能铺满六英亩
...which works out at over six acres a week,
据我研究
which, according to my research,
会给我们带来相当不错的利润
should give us a very healthy profit indeed, actually.
这味道真是
I must say, it's terribly...
只是粪肥而已
That's just the manure.
但我向你保证 莫蒂默太太 照这样发展
But I guarantee you, Mrs Mortimer, at this rate,
我们能产出牙买♥♥加最好的甘蔗
we shall have the finest sugar crop in all of Jamaica.
我想 也许我最好坐会
Oh, I think I... perhaps I'd better sit...
你还好吗 太太
Are you all right, Madam?
你没事吧
Are you all right?
作为一名种植园领主
As a plantation owner,
我确实对庄园的管理很感兴趣
of course I am interested in management of my estate.
然而身为淑女 有时我还是力不从心
And yet, as a lady, sometimes I find it a bit of a challenge.
好 那我们
Yes, well, let's...
-去阴凉的地方歇会 -太太 请靠着我
- Let's get you into the shade. - Here, Missus, you can lean on me...
一人扶着就够了 玛格丽特
One hand's plenty, Marguerite.
七月知道他那湛蓝的眼睛
July knew those blue, blue eyes of his
仍渴求着她
still be hungry for her.
但他还等什么
But what, what was he waiting for?
计划
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
听着 你要知道
Listen, you must know, right?
我无法对你隐瞒
I can't hide it from you.
我爱你
I love you.
-什么 -我爱你
- What? - I love you.
听着 我有个计划
Listen, I've made a plan
现在就要付诸行动
that I've just this minute set into action.
-什么计划 -这能行 我向你保证能行
- What plan? - It will work, I promise you it will work.
-告诉我 告诉我 -我爱你
- Tell me. Tell me. - I love you.
-快了 我会马上解释 好吗 -好的
- Soon. I'll explain soon, right? - OK.
快去吧
Go, go, go.
玛格丽特 你去哪了
Marguerite! Where are you?
你在这啊
Oh, there you are!
你在干吗
What are you doing?
快点过来 玛格丽特
Yes, come at once, Marguerite!
快点
Quickly.
有好多事要忙
There is so much to be done.
我们明早首先要去镇上
We must go into town first thing tomorrow morning,
去裁缝店
to the dressmaker's, of course.
还要印卡片
And then there are cards to be printed
订蛋糕
and we need to order a cake.
最好的蛋糕 这消息太令人激动了
The finest cake. Isn't it the most exciting news?
我还没告诉你 我要结婚了
Oh, I didn't tell you. I am to be married.
我就要嫁给罗伯特·古德温了
I am to be married to Robert Goodwin.
快来 有好多事要忙
Oh, come, there is so much to be done.
一直以来 七月怀着的梦想真是傻得可笑
What fool, fool dream had our July been nursing?
卡罗琳一刻不停
Caroline wasted no time
准备成为罗伯特·古德温夫人
in becoming Mrs Robert Goodwin.
罗伯特的父亲寄来了八封信
Eight letters had Robert received from his papa,
督促他娶妻成家
urging him to take a wife and start a family.
"只有已婚的男人才能体会到爱的欢愉"
"Only a married man might taste the joys of love,"
他的父亲说道
his papa say.
这些年他一直守身如玉
And having guarded his virginity all these years,
现在 在他的新婚之夜
now, on his wedding night,
他已做好准备来品尝这些欢愉
how ready he was to taste them joys.
我得承认 我以为自己再也没有
I must confess, I thought I should never again
被爱的福气了
be blessed with love.
上帝眷顾了我 玛格丽特
God has smiled upon me, Marguerite.
我就要成为岛上最幸福的女人了
I am to be the happiest woman in the whole island.
这样就行了 玛格丽特
That'll be all, Marguerite.
老爷
Master.
你在这做什么
What are you be doing here?
我想 从看到你第一眼起 我就爱上了你
I think I've loved you ever since the moment I saw you.
我的每一丝爱意
Every scrap of love I possess,
现在毫无保留地呈上
every scrap I lay before you now.
你愿意接受吗
Will you have me?
抱歉
Sorry, sorry.
老天
Oh, God.
天哪
Oh, my God.
我得给太太准备早餐了
I must go get the Missus' breakfast.
不不不 你别想下床
No, no, no, no, you're not to leave the bed.
-我得走了 -不行 你休想下床
- I must go. - No, you are not to leave this bed.
-她得吃早餐 -不用 她能喂饱自己
- She need her food. - No. She can feed herself.
没错 但是
It's true! But...
别走
No.
不不不
No, no, no, no.
早餐来了 太太
Breakfast, Missus.
还有吩咐吗
That be all?
看来磨坊里出了点事
Something's come up in the mill yard, apparently.
很遗憾 我没工夫吃早餐了
So I'll miss breakfast, unfortunately.
但是
But...
我会回来吃午饭
...I'll be back for lunch.
好吗
All right?
快走
Come on!
谢谢 伙计们
Thank you, boys.
快点
Move it!
罗伯特知道他不能娶黑人
Robert know he could not marry a Negro.
那会伤了他爸爸的心
It would break his papa's heart.
但现在的这种安排正好合适
But this arrangement would be just fine.
我叫你们快点
I said, move it!
我们不再是奴隶了
We be slaves no more!
这对两个女人都有好处 也能让爸爸骄傲
It would bring benefit to both women, pride to his papa,
还能让他自己享受欢愉
and pleasure to himself.
我们不再是奴隶了
We be slaves no more.
快点
Move!
我们现在自♥由♥了 就和你一样
We be free now, just like you.
我们不再受鞭子驱使了
We dance to no lash.
驾
Yah!
滚远点
Go 'long!
当然 罗伯特的这门婚事意味着
And, of course, Robert's marriage meant
他不再只是个监工
that he was no longer just an overseer.
而成了庄园主 老爷
But now lord, master,
和阿米蒂的所有者
and owner of Amity.
我刚刚在想 晚餐后
I was thinking, after dinner,
我们可以在音乐室共度时光
we could spend some time together in the music room.
恐怕晚餐后我还有工作要做
I'm afraid I have work to do after supper.
我要和杰克逊检查账目
I need to, erm, go over the books with Jackson.
我们已经好久没有共度晚间时光了 丈夫
It's been so very long since we had an evening together, husband.
已经几个月了
It's been months.
你也不想看到这里破败荒废吧
You wouldn't see the place go to rack and ruin, would you?
不 当然不想 我觉得
No, of course not. I do think...
那看看明天晚上吧
Then, perhaps tomorrow evening.
-撤了这些 玛格丽特 -是的 太太
- Clear these, Marguerite. - Yes, Missus.
亲爱的 你知道她的名字不叫玛格丽特吗
My dear, you do know that Marguerite is not her name?
什么
What?
她的名字是七月小姐
No, her name's Miss July.
我从她还是个小女孩时
Well, I've always known her as Marguerite.
就一直叫她玛格丽特
Ever since she was a tiny girl.
然而那不是她的名字 对吗
Nevertheless, that's not her name, is it?
她的名字是七月小姐
Her name's Miss July.
所以我们应该这样称呼她
So we should address her as such.
七月小姐
Miss July?
难道我该和她共进下午茶吗
Am I expected to take tea with her of an afternoon?
和她握手 问她家人怎么样
Shake her hand? Enquire about her family?!
卡罗琳 可以请你说话音调低一点吗
Caroline, could you speak in a lower register?
太太请用
Missus.