我自♥由♥了 想做什么都可以
Me free to do anything me like.
开一间店
Set up shop.
甚至娶个老婆
Take wife, if me want.
尼姆罗德先生 你想喝芒果汁吗
Mr Nimrod, you want mango juice?
我做得又新鲜又甜
Me make it fresh and sweet.
在镇上买♥♥栋房♥子
Get me a house in town.
七月小姐 过来摆好餐具
Miss July, come lay the table.
我们还有活要忙 尼姆罗德先生
We got work to do here, Mr Nimrod.
好的 戈弗雷先生
Of course, Mr Godfrey.
老爷叫你跳 你就跳
Massa say jump and you jump.
但我自♥由♥了
But I is free.
在我的厨房♥里不是
Not in my kitchen!
日安 尼姆罗德先生
Good day, Mr Nimrod.
走吧
Come on.
戈弗雷先生 这张是脏床单
Mr Godfrey, this be a dirty bedsheet,
不是铺桌子用的亚麻布
not linen for the table.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
这张是床单
It be a bedsheet.
是上好的亚麻桌布
It be a fine linen tablecloth.
那就把它铺在桌上
Then lay it upon the table.
你怎么不先问我 卡罗琳
Why didn't you ask me first, Caroline?!
这场晚宴花销不菲
This monumental expense for a dinner
而我们已经濒临破产
when we're hanging by a thread.
还赶上每年最忙碌的时节 目的何在
And at our busiest time of the year. To what end?
对你有好处 会让你振奋起来
It will do you good. It will cheer you up.
约翰 求你了
John, please.
我们得结识更多的人
We need to meet more people.
我需要人陪
I need company.
我非再婚不可
There is no reason that I should not marry again.
你也是 我们还年轻
Nor even you. We're still young.
我早就不再年轻了 妹妹
I'm not young by a long chalk, sister.
我打死也不会再婚
And I shall never remarry.
你休想毁掉我的圣诞晚宴 约翰
You will not ruin this Christmas dinner for me, John!
我们该找点乐子了
It's high time we had some fun!
他去哪了 玛格丽特
Where is he, Marguerite?
-在那 太太 -约翰 约翰
- There, Missus. - John! John!
约翰
John!
约翰 等等 听我说
John, please! Listen to me.
约翰 求你了
John, please.
晚宴
圣诞快乐
在阿米蒂的生意如何 杜瓦
How's business here at Amity, Dewar?
听说有些冷清
I hear it's been a little slow.
我们每月卖♥♥出一百四十桶 萨德勒先生
We're shifting 140 hogshead a month, Mr Sadler, so I think
所以我想和生意兴隆的你相比 我们也不差
we can still give you at prosperity a run for your money.
你在这真是铁腕统治啊 杜瓦
You run things here with a firm hand, Dewar!
跟上 伊夫琳
Come along, Evelyn.
真♥他♥妈♥难听
Damn bloody racket.
伊夫琳
Evelyn.
这裙子真漂亮 卡罗琳
My, that's quite a dress, Caroline.
瞧瞧这些蜡烛
Look at all these candles!
烤着人可真受不了
I don't know how we shall stand the heat!
这边请
In this way.
请坐
Here, there.
坐近点
Squash up.
-不 卡罗琳 -快点
- No, Caroline. - Yes.
-卡罗琳 不 -起来
- Caroline, no. - Get up.
休想
I will not.
不 没门 妹妹
No, I will not, sister!
好友 近邻
Friends, neighbours, er...
欢迎来到阿米蒂
Welcome, welcome to Amity.
各位都知道现在形势紧迫
As you know, these are dark days.
在英格兰 越来越多的人支持废奴主义者
The abolitionists in England are gaining support.
但他们却在道貌岸然地享用我们的糖和朗姆酒
And yet they are still happy to eat our sugar and drink our rum.
正因为他们 奴隶中的反♥动♥言论
And thanks to them, mutinous talk has been circulating
在不断发酵
amongst the slaves.
我一直自诩是个不错的奴隶主
Now, I have always prided myself on being a fair master.
但相比过去 如今我们必须更加警惕
But now more than ever, we must be vigilant
而且要联合起来
and stand together.
说得好
Hear, hear.
对了
Yes, er...
-祝身体健康 -祝身体健康
- ..Your good health. - Yes, your good health.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
这要怪那些浸信会传教士 豪沃思
Those baptist preachers are to blame, Howarth.
新教主要宗派之一
他们让黑人相信 自己跟白人
They've put it into the negroes' heads that they're as good
-地位平等 -没错
- as a white man. - That's true.
浸信会教♥徒♥在煽动不满情绪
The Baptists are whipping up discontent,
这对我们百害无利
and it spells nothing but trouble for us.
我们会管教好奴隶
We won't have problems with our slaves.
他们有好有坏
There are good ones and there are bad ones.
只需尽早除掉坏的就行
You just need to weed out the bad ones early on.
很有道理
True enough.
他们不会反抗我们 原因很简单
They won't rise against us, for one simple reason
他们没能力团结在一起
they lack any ability to organise themselves.
没错 所有白人都确信
Oh, yes, all white folk did know for sure
奴隶没那个头脑团结起来
that slaves had not the wit to organise themselves.
因此 他们也不可能
So, of course, it be impossible that
筹办自己的圣诞晚会
they arrange a Christmas party of their own,
与到访主子的奴隶们一起寻欢作乐
to entertain the slaves of their masters' visitors.
不 这些奴隶没本事发动反抗
No, them slaves could no more organise a Christmas party
更不可能举♥行♥圣诞晚会
than they could start a rebellion.
你们是羡慕我的裙子还是美貌
Is it me dress you like or me pretty fair face
才这么盯着我看
that make you both stare so?
我只是想起 我的女主人也给过我布料
Me just recalls there, me missus did give me cloth to make
-来做你那样的白裙 -她不要的布料吗
- a white dress like yours. - Cast-off?
我可受不了穿捡来的衣服
I cannot abide to be dressed in cast-off.
不 是新的
No, no, no. It be new.
用的是上好的薄棉布
It be the finest white muslin from ship
刚从英国运过来的
just come from England.
-你的女主人没给你好的薄棉布 -她给了
- Your missus no give you fine muslin! - Yes, she do!
那她怎么穿得那么寒酸
Then why she dress so bad herself?
没有哪个像样的白人太太会穿印花棉
No worthy white missus be wearing cotton print!
但你的女主人长得可真丑
Well, your missus does have an ugly face!
你胆敢对我的女主人不敬
How dare you impudence me missus!
我的女主人永远不会有你这么黑的女仆
Me missus would never have a maid as dark as you.
我只有四分之一的黑人血统
I is a quadroon!
我母亲是穆拉托人[白黑混血]Me mama was a mulatto an'
我父亲是来自苏格兰的海员
me papa was a naval man from Scotch Land.
我父亲也来自苏格兰
Me papa be from Scotch Land too!
你骗人
You lie!
我是个穆拉托 我爸爸是苏格兰监工
I is a mulatto - my papa be the Scotch overseer.
-戈弗雷先生 戈弗雷先生 -怎么了
- Mr Godfrey, Mr Godfrey! - What?
告诉克拉拉小姐
Tell Miss Clara, say,
我爸爸是阿米蒂的苏格兰监工
my papa be the Scotch overseer of Amity!
七月小姐
Miss July!
带上拜伦 给我们再拿点酒来
Take Byron and go and get us some more wine.
好的 戈弗雷先生
Yes, Mr Godfrey.
就要开了的那几瓶
Just the open bottles, you know!
千万别空手回来 听到了吗
And no come back with nothing. Y'hear me?
好的 戈弗雷先生
Yes, Mr Godfrey.
有点过分了
That too much.
拜伦
Byron!
你一定得去金斯敦
Oh, you must go to Kingston!
我去那里买♥♥丝绸
For silks, it's where I go.
当然很贵 但是
It's expensive of course, but...
但是对得起那个价钱 是啊 人总得付出代价
It's worth it. Yes, one must make the effort.
是的 你会在那儿看花了眼的 看花了眼
Yes, you're lost out here. Lost!
-你 你在那干什么 -怎么了
- You! What are you doing there? - What?
我问你在干什么
I said, what are you doing?
玛格丽特 你来了 我们等了好久
Oh, Marguerite, there you are! We've been waiting an age!
是啊 甜点在哪
Yes, where is the dessert?