白人太太在牙买♥♥加甘蔗种植园里的生活
The life of a white missus on a Jamaican sugar plantation
注定充满艰辛
be surely full of tribulation,
牛肉稀缺
from the scarcity of beef
时髦帽子求之不得
to the want of a fashionable hat,
而在一个弹丸之地
to the almost impossible search
寻找一位如意郎君
on this so-small island
更是犹如痴人说梦
for a suitable man to marry.
玛格丽特
Marguerite.
玛格丽特
Marguerite.
玛格丽特
Marguerite.
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
可如果你想要听的是这种故事的话...
But if that is the story you wish to hear...
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
那你还是快走吧
..Then be on your way.
走吧
Go!
对 快走吧
Yes, go!
因为我要讲的故事
For the tale I have to tell
会是非常不一样的呢
is quite a different one.
长歌♥ 第一集
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
七月 太太叫你呢
July, Missus calling you.
-知道了 马上 我忙着呢 -你忙什么
- Yeah, soon come. Me busy. - What you have there?
-太太的衣服 她要呢 -那就快点吧
- Missus' dress. She want it. - Then go give it.
七月 能给我几个这样的扣子吗
July, me can have some of them button?
可以 等太太把衣服给你补的时候
Yeah, when the Missus give you dress for mendin',
你就可以拿几个了
then you may have button.
莫莉 过来 太太叫你呢
Molly, come. The Missus calling you.
七月 快去吧 她叫得我头大
July, go see to her now, she paining me head.
什么...
What are...
行啊
Yes.
女主人就够她受的了
She faced enough.
她这个小两面派
She two-faced.
她什么都不想听
She don't want to listen to nothing,
她什么也听不进去
she don't want to hear nothing.
她觉得这太好了
She feels it's too nice.
当然不是说我们的举止
Hmm, not our manners.
我们有牛奶吗
Do we have any milk?
-你想要牛奶 -你有凉牛奶吗
- You want have milk? - You have any cold milk?
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
太太 我来了
Yes, Missus, me here.
以最快速度赶来的
Me come quick as me could.
我把衣服弄好了
Me did finish the dress.
我决定了
I have decided
要在阿米蒂举办一个盛大的圣诞晚餐会
to arrange a grand Christmas dinner here at Amity.
过去在英格兰
In England,
我们每年这个时候都会开派对和舞会
we used to have such parties and balls at this time of year.
圣诞颂歌♥ 烧得旺旺的篝火
Carol singers, roaring fires,
带红果子的冬青枝条
fresh holly berries.
*没有一便士 半便士也可以*
*If you have no penny, a ha'penny will do*
*连半便士都没有 上帝也会...*
*If you haven't got a ha'penny, God... *
吸气 太太
Breathe in, Missus.
这里圣诞节太无聊了
Christmases here are so dreary.
今年 我下定决心...
This year, I am resolved...
再来一点...
Just a little more...
...开一场这个岛
..To give a party the likes
从来都没见识过的派对
of which this island has never before seen.
疼死了 可以了
That hurts! That's enough.
这条裙子的袖子上不是有扣子的吗
Didn't this dress used to have buttons on the sleeve?
没有 太太
No, Missus.
没有 你说的是那条黄色的
No, no, that be the yellow dress you think of.
不对 看 这还有扣子留下的线头呢
No, no, look. Look, here are the threads where they were.
太太
Missus.
一定是洗衣妇在河边洗的时候弄掉的
Must be them washer women in the river.
她们往石头上拍衣服 然后敲打...
Them slap the dress against the rock and bash...
不对 我跟你说过多少次了
No, no, no, no, no... How many times have I told you
不能让那些女的碰我的衣服
not to let those women anywhere near my dresses?
我喊了也叫了 太太
I did scream and I shout, Missus.
我叮嘱她们"小心太太的衣服"
"Mind the Missus' dress," I did tell them.
可是呢 扣子还是松掉了
But look, the buttons come loose now.
那可是珍珠纽扣啊 珍珠纽扣
No, but they were pearl buttons. They were pearl buttons.
珍珠纽扣
They was pearl buttons.
那个
Well...
恐怕那些珍珠现在又回到海底了
..I fear them pearls be back down at bottom of the sea
又回去了
once more.
我真应该让人鞭打你一顿
I could have you whipped for this.
我真应该把你重新送回田里干粗活
I could have you sent back into the fields.
-太太 求你不要 -给我过来
- Missus, no, please! - Come here.
过来
Come here!
等等
But wait.
我不能从这开始我的故事
I cannot start my tale here.
因为这么一个狡猾的女孩
For it not be plain
是如何成为贵妇的侍女
how this crafty girl come to be a lady's maid,
为什么她的女主人叫她玛格丽特
nor why her mistress call her Marguerite,
而不是她的本名七月 这些可都有故事呢
when her name be July.
不行 我必须从一开始讲起
No, me must start at the beginning.
开端
甘蔗种植的诀窍在于
The successful cultivation of the sugar cane crop
热带气候 肥沃的土壤
requires a tropical climate and a fertile soil.
充足的水 丰沛的阳光
Plenty water, plenty sunshine,
大量粪肥
plenty shit.
而在我所述说的这个时代
And at the time of which I am speaking,
还要有很多奴隶
plenty slaves.
七月的妈妈是个种植园奴隶 名叫凯蒂
July's mama was a field slave named Kitty.
凯蒂已经好几个月没有受到
Kitty had not felt the lash of the driver's whip
工头的皮鞭抽打了
for many a month now.
而这事出有因
And there was a reason for this.
所幸他的老二很小
Thankfully, his part was small,
而且总是很快完事
and he was always done quick.
如果她对此默不作声 他就不怎么打她
And if she kept quiet, he seldom hit her.
这人名叫塔姆·杜瓦
Tam Dewar was his name.
来自苏格兰
From Scotch Land.
而她永远不会忘记他
And she would never forget him.
露丝小姐 露丝小姐
Miss Rose! Miss Rose!
她太漂亮了
It's so, so pretty.
你在她身上看不到他的影子
You not see him in her face.
她是你的孩子
She be YOUR pickney.
你打算给她起什么名字
What you going to call her?
七月
July.
但现在是十二月
But it be December.
但她就叫七月
Well, she be July.
你
You!
回去工作
Back to work.
七月
July.
七月
July!
快从那出来
Come from out there.
我们不能在这停留
We must not stop here.
来
Here.
走吧 你这淘气的小姑娘
Now, come on, you naughty girl.
来吧 跟着我 来
Come on, follow me. Come.
-站住 你们去哪 -我有通行证 老爷
- You, where are you going? - Me have pass, Massa.
我和这孩子
Me and the pickney.
我们要去尤尼蒂彭
We are go Unity Pen.
看看那小姑娘
Look at the little one.
她可真漂亮
Isn't she pretty?
约翰 她叫什么名字
John, what's her name?
告诉太太你孩子的名字
Tell your mistress the name of your child.
她叫七月 老爷
July, Massa.