她太漂亮了 你打算给她起什么名字
So, so pretty. What are you going to call her?
七月
July.
好 我要带上她
Yes, yes, I'll take her.
-老爷 不 求您了 -走开
- Master, no! Master, please! - Off!
早安 七月小姐 你都亭亭玉立了
Morning, Miss July. My, how you're all grown up.
早安 尼姆罗德先生
Morning, Mr Nimrod.
你休想毁掉我的圣诞晚宴 约翰
You will not ruin this Christmas dinner for me, John!
我们该找点乐子了
It's high time we had some fun.
怎么了
What's going on?
奴隶们正在烧掉种植园
The slaves are burning down the plantations.
这座岛硝烟弥漫
The island's ablaze.
妈妈
Mama.
你生了个好儿子
You have a fine son.
又一个奴隶罢了 不久就会被夺走
One more slave, soon taken...
莫蒂默夫人
Mrs Mortimer!
罗伯特·古德温 为您效劳
Robert Goodwin at your service.
过不了几天 奴隶制 这可怕的不幸
In just a few days, slavery, that dreadful evil,
终将被废除
will be finally abolished.
看看她
Look at her.
失去母亲和年幼的儿子
The loss of her mama and of her baby boy
几乎击垮了她
almost finished that girl.
可她还是发型利落
Yet, her hair be braided neat,
衣裙干净
her dress clean,
表情冷静
her face straight.
只有在她黑色双眸的最深处
Only deep within them black, black eyes
才能隐约察觉到一抹痛苦
might you catch a flash of pain,
如双面娃娃般一瞬即逝
swift as a doll with two faces.
但在这特别的一夜 如果你仔细看她
But upon this particular evening, if you watch her close,
你可能会看到她的微笑
come, you might see her smile.
怎么这么吵
What on Earth was all that noise?
盛大的派对 太太
Big party, Missus.
这岛上到处都在欢庆
Everywhere, all over the island.
庆祝...
For...
我们如今自♥由♥了
Me is now free.
当然 自♥由♥是有代价的
Of course, freedom come at a price,
英国新女王说 必须做出赔偿
for the new Queen in England say that compensation must be paid
性别 男性 女性
当然 是赔偿奴隶主们
to the slave owners, of course.
来
Come,
卡罗琳甚至教了七月读书写字
Caroline even teach July to read and write
来记录这些大量涌入的钱财
to keep track of this big, big money coming in.
莫莉
Molly!
而奴隶们呢 他们得到了什么
And for the slaves. What they get?
什么都没有 一分也无
Nothing. Not a penny.
不论七月比其他的家仆地位高出多少
No matter how July rise up above all the other house workers...
她依旧什么回报都没得到
Still, she get nothing.
自♥由♥有何用
What good be free...
长歌♥ 第二集
如果一切如旧
If nothing change?
我来 你走吧
Let me do it. Go!
出去 继续工作 在他来之前
Get out, go on, before him come.
差不多好了吧
All quite ready?
全好了 太太 全备好了
All ready, Missus, all ready.
不错
Good.
真是松了一口气
Such relief.
终于有一位真正的绅士来我们这里当工头了
To have a true gentleman come to us as overseer.
终于有个值得结交的人了
At last, company worth keeping.
莫蒂默夫人
Mrs Mortimer?
你来了 古德温先生
There you are, Mr Goodwin.
-请入座 -谢谢
- Do take a seat. - Thank you.
住得还满意吧
I hope your accommodation is satisfactory.
很满意 谢谢您
It's most satisfactory, thank you.
我的要求不多
No, my needs are few.
我刚才初步环视了一圈
I've just been making my preliminary inspection of the estate.
你可真勤劳
How very industrious of you.
上茶 玛格丽特
Bring the tea, Marguerite.
但我必须直言 莫蒂默夫人 这个种植园的
Yes, but I must say, Mrs Mortimer, the plantation is by no means
营运效率并不理想
running as efficiently as it could.
工人们的住处条件极差
And the workers' accommodation, that's in a dreadful state.
从未见过这么多受难的黑人们
Never seen such a number of miserable black people before.
是吗
Is that so?
我都不知道
I had no idea.
自我哥哥去世后
Since my brother died,
我就一直觉得很难
I'm afraid I find it quite a struggle
独自管理这里
to manage the estate on my own.
当然 但依我所见 莫蒂默夫人
Well, of course, but, in my opinion, Mrs Mortimer,
工人们的健康
the wellbeing of the workers
是种植园成功的关键
is the key to the success of a plantation.
真的吗
Really?
绝对的 太太
Absolutely, Madam.
实际上 我第一个建议即是告诉工人们
In fact, my first suggestion would be to tell the workers
您打算公平对待他们
how fairly you intend to treat them.
特别是 现如今他们想走随时都可以走
Especially now they are free to leave, if they wish.
你确定要这样做吗 古德温先生
You quite... Quite sure about that, Mr Goodwin?
倒茶 玛格丽特
Pour the tea, Marguerite.
奶还是柠檬 老爷
Milk or lemon, Master?
请给我牛奶
Milk, if you please.
是的 我打心眼里厌恶奴隶制度
Yes, I believe wholeheartedly that slavery is an abomination.
要善待黑人们 这是我父亲同我讲的
The Negroes need kindness, that's what my father told me.
"善待他们 罗伯特
"Take kindness to them, Robert,
之后你也会获得他们的爱戴和尊重"
and then you will have their love and respect."
谢谢
Thank you.
我父亲笃信上帝 莫蒂默夫人
Yes, my father's a man of God, you see, Mrs Mortimer.
我是按他的愿望才来到牙买♥♥加
It was his wish that I come to Jamaica
帮忙洗刷掉奴隶制加于英国的污点
and help cleanse the stain that slavery has placed upon England.
原来如此
I see.
古德温夫人呢
And Mrs Goodwin?
我妈妈几年前去世了
Oh, my mother passed away some years ago.
我想问的是...
I meant...
我不是想窥探隐私
I don't mean to pry.
我还没有娶妻呢
Oh! No, I've not yet taken a wife myself.
我爸爸鼓励我要先立业
My father encouraged me to find my vocation first.
非常明智
Oh, that's very wise, yes.
玛格丽特 这边没事了
Leave us, Marguerite.
谢谢你 玛格丽特
Yes, thank you, Marguerite.
谢谢您 老爷
Thank YOU, Master.
我想他觉得我魅力十足
I think he found me very charming.
他修长优雅的手指
His long, elegant fingers.
我敢说他钢琴一定弹得不错
I bet he plays piano well.
他出身很好
He comes from a very good family.
他妈妈家那边还有个准男爵的爵位呢
Even has a baronet on his mother's side.
还有那双闪亮的蓝眼睛...
And sparkling, bluest eyes you've...
行了 可以了 玛格丽特 冲干净吧
All right! That's enough, Marguerite! You may rinse.
他很高 是不是
He's very tall, isn't he?
肩膀也宽
Very broad.
高大宽厚
Tall and broad.
他很英俊...
He's handsome...
你在听我说话吗 丫头
Are you listening, girl?
我一直在想监工说的话
I was just thinking about what the overseer did say.
他说我们可以离开
That we can leave, you know.
想走随时走
Any time we want.
可你们能去哪里呢
Where would you go?
你考虑过这个吗
Have you thought about that?
谁能保护你
Who would protect you?
你会饿死的 没错吧
No, no, you'd starve, surely?
我敢说 你在这儿过得安逸
You have a very easy life of it here, I can assure you that.
在其他种植园里的大多数工人...
Most other workers in other plantations...
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
罗伯特·古德温第一次训话时
Not all the Negroes were present to hear Robert Goodwin
并不是所有黑人都到场了
when he did first address them.
有些人已经收拾行李从种植园逃走
Some already pack up and fled that plantation