去其他地方找工作了
to seek work elsewhere.
还有些人仍躺在床上
Others were still laid up upon their beds
头疼得根本无心听英国人讲话
with heads too sore to listen to no bakra man.
-大家过来 -干什么啊
- Come in, come in, come in. - What's going on?
过来
Come in.
过来 都过来
Come in, come in, come in.
他脚上那双靴子都不错
Him surely have some fine, fine boots upon him foot.
一点土都没有
Not a spot of mould.
大家早上好
Well, good morning to you all.
-早上好 -早上好
- Good morning. - Good morning.
毫无疑问大家都很清楚
Now, as you're all no doubt well aware,
你们的女主人莫蒂默太太以上帝的仁慈
your mistress, Mrs Mortimer, has, by the grace of God,
赋予了你们自♥由♥
granted you your freedom.
对啊 自♥由♥
Right. Freedom!
听着 听着
But, listen, listen.
你们必须意识到 你们住的房♥子
You must remember that the houses you live in,
并不属于你们
they don't belong to you.
它们是你们女主人的财产 因此
No, they are the property of your mistress, so, if you don't
如果你们不像以前那样为女主人出力
labour for your mistress, as you've done before,
那么你们就不能住在你们家里了
then you can't expect to remain in your homes.
不过...
However...
他说得不对
Him not talk truth.
女王命令我们可以住在我们的房♥子里
Queen command we stay in our house.
-嘘 我还想听呢 -别嘘我
- Hush up. Me want to hear. - Don't hush me.
...像以前那样工作 将会得到合理的工资
..as before, will be paid a fair wage,
你们必须从这里面拿出一小部分来作为房♥租
out of which you must pay a small rent for your homes.
我知道有些工人已经走了
Now, I know that some workers have already left
现在人数减少了
and your number is depleted.
这就需要留下来的大家努力工作
Therefore, we need those good souls remaining to work hard,
让尊敬的女主人的阿米蒂种植园
so that the plantation of Amity may thrive and prosper
重现往日的繁荣
once more for your esteemed mistress.
让我们大家感谢上帝赐予我们自♥由♥
And let us all thank God for this blessing of freedom
并向维多利亚女王 全英格兰的人们
and prove to Queen Victoria, to the people of England,
以及你们的女主人证明
and to your mistress, that you are worthy of
你们对得起给予你们的这份善意
the kindness that's been shown to you.
受够这英国人废话了
Not having this from no bakra no more.
谢谢 谢谢你们的参与
Thank you. Thank you all for coming.
你们可以走了
You may go.
你们...
You...
你觉得你让他们恢复
Do you think you have restored
对我的好感了吗 古德温先生
their best feelings towards me, mr Goodwin?
绝对的 太太
Absolutely, Madam, yes.
我非常确定
I am certain of it.
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
牛肉
玛格丽特
Marguerite!
你在这啊 去古德温先生的房♥子问问他
There you are. Go to Mr Goodwin's house and ask
今晚可否与我共进晚餐 我们有牛肉
if he cares to dine with me this evening. We have beef!
我想他会对牛肉感兴趣的
I know he'll be interested in beef.
可是雨下得很大呢
But it be raining very hard.
没关系 你必须现在过去
Never mind. You must go now,
这样你才有时间准备
so you have time to prepare.
等过会儿雨停了 我就过去
Rain soon stop, me go then.
就是毛毛雨而已 现在就去
It's only a little bit of rain, go now.
-我可以等下再去啊 -快去
- But me can go later... - At once!
自♥由♥
Free.
伊莱亚斯
Elias!
伊莱亚斯 快点
Elias, quickly!
我的天 把它从我身上弄走
Oh, God! Get him off me!
那边下面还有一只
Right, there's another one under there!
快点 伊莱亚斯
Quick, Elias!
对了
Right. Right.
那边还有一只 就在那里
Right, there's another one here. Right there.
快 那还有一只
Quick, I can see it there.
我抓到了 先生 我抓到了
Me have them, sir. Me have them.
好 放进盒子里
Right, put them in the box,
快放进盒子里 快
put them in the box. Quick, quick, quick!
好 放进盒子里 对
OK, put them in the box. Right.
等一下 我们只是在
Oh, just one moment. We're just, um...
就是
Just...
你湿透了
Oh, you're drenched!
老爷 我的女主人想知道您今晚是否有空
Master. My missus want to know if you come tonight.
你的女主人在这暴雨天让你来捎信儿
Your mistress sent you out in this storm?
有什么事这么重要
What could possibly be so important?
真的
Really...
盒子满了 老爷
Box full, Master.
别放那 伊莱亚斯 快拿走
Right, well don't leave it there, Elias! Take it away, please.
也别像上次一样留在阳台
Don't leave it on the veranda like last time.
杀了它们 带到远一点的地方
Kill them and take them very far away.
但我还会找到更多
But me find plenty more.
你想看吗 七月小姐
You want to see, Miss July?
伊莱亚斯 我的天 赶紧拿走
Elias, for pity's sake, just take them away.
-但是老爷 -伊莱亚斯
- But, Master... - Elias!
谢谢你
Thank you.
你现在知道蟑螂靠近新监工时
Now you know how ridiculous the new overseer is
他有多么狼狈了
whenever there's cockroaches anywhere near him.
尽情笑吧 蟑螂实在是噩梦
You can laugh all you like, it is terror.
它们就是虫子而已 老爷
Well, them just be bug-a-bugs, Master.
岛上有很多
Plenty upon this island.
雨天时出没 但对人无害
Them rose up by the rains, but them have no harm.
别害怕
Don't be feared.
好吧 我怕极了
Well, I'm very feared of them.
刚才伊莱亚斯是不是用别的名字叫你
Did I hear Elias call you something else?
七月小姐
Miss July.
那是你的名字吗
Is that your name?
那是我的真名
That be my true name.
是的 老爷
Yes, Master.
那你的女主人为什么喊你玛格丽特
Then why does your mistress call you Marguerite?
我想奴隶叫这个名字很好听吧
I think it a pretty name for call a slave.
我懂了
Oh, I see.
我能叫你七月小姐吗
And may I call you Miss July?
那么 七月小姐
Well, then, Miss July.
你给我捎来了什么信
What's your message?
我的女主人请您过去吃晚饭
Me missus want you to come to dinner
因为她有牛肉 必须吃完
for she has beef. Must be eat up.
嗯
Right.
自从我到这后还没吃过牛肉
Well, I haven't had beef since I arrived here,
好的 告诉你的女主人我非常荣幸地
so, yes, tell your mistress that I gratefully accept
接受她的邀请去吃牛肉
her invitation to eat beef.
当然是和她一起吃
In her company, of course.
好的 老爷
Yes, Master.
等等
Oh, wait!
给你这个
Let me give you...
给你一把伞
Let me give you this.
谢谢你
Thank you.
七月小姐
Oh, Miss July!
是你吗
Is it not?
你要在这大热天走回阿米蒂吗
You're walking all the way back to Amity this hot, hot day?
克拉拉小姐 也祝你日安
Miss Clara, good day to you.
你没有阳伞 七月小姐
You have no parasol, Miss July.
你会被晒黑的
You be getting very dark.
-你还在种植园工作吗 -是的
- You still working upon that plantation? - Yes.
我受不了待在种植园里
I could not abide still to be on a plantation.
白人的妻子在种植园
The wife of a white man on a plantation?
我丈夫绝不会允许
My husband would never allow it.
你丈夫
Your husband?
你没听说吗
But you did not hear?
威廉姆·沃克先生 友谊种植园的律师
Mr. William Walker, the attorney at Friendship plantation.
没错 我的丈夫给我买♥♥了房♥子
Yes, him buy me a lodging house, me husband.
特里劳尼街角的一栋白色大房♥子
A big white house on the corner of Trelawney Street,
你知道吗