剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
什么是'魔笛手'呢 这是个非常好的问题
Now, what is Pied Piper? Excellent question.
就在这
Here it is.
你们'互利'和'尾帧'的一个盒子
One of your Hooli/Endframe boxes
就将放在这个机架上
would go right here in this rack.
好了 我带你们去看
Okay, let me show you the next location
安装你们另一个盒子的位置
in which we would install one of your boxes.
-恭喜 杰克 -也恭喜你 盖文
- Congratulations, Jack. - And congratulations to you, Gavin.
-约翰 -约翰
- Hey, John? - John?
约翰
John?
贯穿这整场研讨会
A lot of people have raised their hands, uh,
一直有人举手发问
throughout this seminar saying,
这是不是有点像终结者
hey, is thing like the Terminator?
不 完全不一样
Uh, no. Not at all.
消除恐惧
观看我们的演示将有机会赢得全新道奇挑战者
你的文件有多大
Hi, how big are your files?
道奇挑战者 卫衣
Dodge Challenger? Hoodie?
'魔笛手'
谁会掏钱给'魔笛手' 没人会
埃利希·巴♥赫♥曼 失败剖析
'无线电器材公♥司♥'
观看我们的演示有机会赢得赛百味五美金礼品卡
约翰
John?
-约翰 -约翰
- John? - John!
-约翰 -约翰
- John? - John!
这就是'魔笛手' 各位
This is Pied Piper, guys. Okay?
如果能让我再解释一遍的话
If I could just explain it one more time.
两位 拜托别走 求你们了
Guys? Please don't leave. I beg you.
柏妮丝
Hi, Bernice. Yeah.
日活跃用户
微普广♥告♥
我们还以为桌子那个创意酷毙了
We kind of thought we nailed it with Tables,
但你说你想要轻松 有趣 吸引人的东西
but you say you want something light, fun, inviting.
最重要的是 要能对平台的每个细节
But most of all, you want something that delivers
都做出逐步递进指导
a step-by-step guide to all of the nuances of your platform.
-对 -同时我们还要说明
- Yeah. - All of this with the caveat
哪怕是最低档的广♥告♥价位 你也负担不起
that you don't have enough money for even a minuscule ad buy.
是的 对
Um, yes, that's right.
这个目标还是很容易实现的
That's a pretty small target to hit.
总之 这是我们能做出来的东西
Anyway, here's what we came up with.
您好 欢迎光临'魔笛手'
Oh, hello, welcome to Pied Piper.
需要帮忙吗
How can I help you?
这鬼东西叫什么名字
What in the name of fuck is that?
他叫小魔笛
Well, his name is Pipey,
'魔笛手'的吹笛人
the Pied Piper Piper.
他挺有意思的 而且演示也是互动式的
He's fun. And, uh, you know, the demo's interactive.
点击这里开始
你似乎想要压缩电影文件
Looks like you want to compress a movie file!
需要帮忙吗 在'魔笛手'革命性的
Can I help? You know, with Pied Piper's revolutionary
神经网络 优化数据碎片分配系统中
neural network, optimized, sharded data distribution system,
你只要点击六下就可以了
it's just six clicks away!
跟我来
Follow me!
我喜欢它
I like it.
-这绝对是谎话 -是的
- That's a fuckin' lie. - Yeah.
理查德 我们这个最尖端的
So, Richard, you want us to take the most sophisticated
最复杂的 首创的压缩平台上
and technically complex compression based platform
-增加这玩意 -还在这呢
- ever created and add that? - Still here!
消费电子展和西南偏南音乐节的展台之后
Well, after the booths at CES and South by Southwest,
美国德克萨斯州州府奥斯汀每年春天举办的音乐节
我们所有的外展业务 道奇挑战者...
all of our outreach, the Dodge Challenger...
还在这呢
Still here!
另外 在开♥发♥过程中的所有开销
Plus, all the cost of working up, you know, this,
-我们的钱差不多用光了 -跟我来
- we are pretty much all out of money. - Follow me!
好了
Okay.
似乎有人有点懵
Somebody seems confused!
让我带你梳理一遍'魔笛手'独有的
Let me walk you through Pied Piper's proprietary
点对点容量分配系统 组成分别是...
peer-to-peer content distribution system, consisting of...
理查德 你不舒服吗
Richard? Are you indisposed?
理查德 我能进来吗
Richard, can I come in?
理查德 他们不喜欢小魔笛我很抱歉
Richard, I'm-- I'm sorry the guys didn't like Pipey.
都结束了 贾里德
It's over, Jared.
有很多动画角色一开始都很艰难的
Well, you know, a lot of animated characters have rough starts.
一开始兔八哥只是画来
Early Bugs Bunny cartoons were just garish displays
反映反♥日♥歇斯底里症的
of anti-Japanese hysteria,
但他现在是华纳兄弟的代表形象了
and now he's the face of Warner Bros.
我说的不是小魔笛 贾里德 是'魔笛手'
I'm not talking about Pipey, Jared. I'm talking about Pied Piper.
死定了 我们打了盖文·贝尔森 罗斯 '互利'
We're dead. We fought Gavin Belson, Russ, Hooli,
官司还有那个傻盒子
the lawsuit, that fucking box,
就为了按自己的想法建我们的平台
all so we could build our platform the way we wanted to.
我们成功了 但现在我们是赢不了民♥意♥的
And we did, but I guess you just can't fight public opinion,
只有一个叫柏妮丝的女人支持
except for one woman named Bernice.
面对现实吧 贾里德 太超前也是一种错误
Face it, Jared, being too early is the same as being wrong.
-我们会解决的 -我不知道
- We'll figure it out. - I don't know if we will.
我已经不想再被打击了
Besides, I think I'm getting tired of being kicked in the balls.
没事 我们还有几周展示时间呢
Come on, we have a few weeks of runway left.
我不想说到底有多少
I don't want to say exactly how much.
也不想估计 但是...
Again, I'm not comfortable estimating, but...
拿走剩下的钱大家分了吧
Take what's left of it and divide it up amongst the guys.
虽然和你们应得的遣返金比
I mean, it won't be anywhere close to
还是差了不少
what you're owed in back pay,
但也好过什么都没有
but at least it's something.
别放弃 理查德 拜托 还没到那地步
Don't give up. Richard, come on, not yet.
我们要撑住 看看事情怎么发展
We've got to hang on, we've got to see what happens.
会好转的 我知道可以的
Something will turn around. I know it will.
-你真的相信吗 -当然了
- You really believe that? - Absolutely.
吉尔弗约尔是对的 你太不会撒谎了
Gilfoyle's right, you're... you're a terrible liar.
让大家明早九点来开会吧
Just, uh, set an all-hands for tomorrow at 9 A.M.
我会告诉他们的
And I'll... I'll tell the gang.
结束了 贾里德
It's over, Jared.
最后 我们装备'蚁穴数据系统解决方案'
And lastly, our deal to furnish Endframe boxes
'尾帧'盒子的协议已经敲定
to Maleant Data System Solutions has officially closed,
比董事会所给出的最高目标利润
putting us far ahead of even the most
还多了许多许多
optimistic profit targets issued by this very board.
盖文 显然我们需要和你道歉
Gavin, it appears we owe you an apology.
我们想恢复你执行总裁和董事长的所有权利
We'd like to restore your full status as CEO and chair
同时弥补给你奖金和股票期权
with a significantly revised bonus and stock options package.
谢谢
Thank you.
当然 我接受你们的歉意
Of course, apology accepted.
我最希望公♥司♥能和谐地
I would like nothing more than to move forward
繁荣地发展下去
in a harmonious and productive manner.
基于这个目标
Actually, with that in mind,
我要给你们看个东西
there's something I'd like to show you.
就在外面 可以吗
It's outside. Is... is that all right?
劳烦大家走几步 可以吗
A little field trip, if you will?
在这里
Just down here.
再走几步
A little farther.
就快到了
We're almost there.
就在外面 快到了
Just out here, everyone. Almost there.
大象怎么样
Consider the elephant.
传说它的记忆力特别强大
Legend has it its memory is so robust
从来不会忘记事情
it never forgets.
我向'互利'董事会的各位保证
And I assure you, gentlemen of the Hooli board,
我的记性也很好
and lady, neither do I.
好吧 伙计们
Okay, guys, uh,
我们要就公♥司♥的未来
we need to have a serious discussion about
进行一次严肃的探讨
the future of the company.
怎么了 你们笑什么
What? Why is everyone smiling?
理查德 昨晚有事情发生了
Richard, something happened last night.
日常活跃用户数量上涨了 涨了很多
The daily active users are up, way up.
-来看看 -真的吗
- Look at it. Look. - Really?
老天
Holy shit!
日活跃用户
我们一天就涨了7000个用户吗
Did we just get 7,000 users in a day?
当然了 我们活过来了
We sure did! We're back!
不知道是宣传活动还是教程起效了
I don't know if it was the outreach or the tutorials,
但我们似乎开始有动力了
but we seem to be getting traction.
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表