剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
桌子
Tables.
人可以坐在桌旁工作
Tables are made so a person can sit down and do something.
也可以享受时光
Or nothing.
任何人都可以坐在桌旁
Any person can sit at a table,
如果桌子够大 人们可以围坐在旁
and if the table is large enough, many people.
尽情欢笑 享受美食 互相分享
To make jokes, eat a meal, tell stories.
人们可以在桌旁相聚分享
Tables are for people to be together and share.
这正如'魔笛手'
And that is why tables are like Pied Piper.
西柚 明信片 拥抱
Grapefruits, postcards, hugs.
这些事物让人们通过分享而彼此接近
These are things people share to connect, to come closer.
敞开心扉 享受人生
To open up about ideas and things that make us feel alive,
正如空气 芭蕾 好发型 奇异国度
like air, ballet, amazing haircuts, weird countries,
超辣辣酱 高山 七大洲 地球 生命
three-alarm chili, mountains, continents, the Earth, life.
生命美好又忧伤 充满希望和危险
Life is beautiful and sad and hopeful and dangerous.
因为我们明白 没有分享
So maybe the reason we share so much
就无法生存
is because we understand that without sharing,
所以我们分享
we can't survive.
这正如坐在桌旁
And sharing is tables.
'魔笛手'
庆祝五十万安装
'魔笛手'
Pied Piper.
桌子 我懂了 这是个隐喻
Yes. Tables. I see. It's a metaphor.
这个广♥告♥真棒 我们不过是个桌子
It's a wonderful ad spot. Yeah. We're all just tables.
我喜欢你的装潢
I love what you've done with the place.
弄得真不错
It's a really nicely done place.
那是你的狗吗
Say, is that your dog?
只是一只狗
It's a dog.
咱俩之间没啥共鸣 对吧
You and I have never really had much of a rapport, have we?
确实没有
It's... wanting.
看
Oh, look.
马上就到了 大家做好准备围过来
Well, we're almost there. Prepare to gather, everyone.
不 不是围过来 是做好准备
No, I didn't say to gather. I simply said prepare to gather.
进门脱鞋
- 莫妮卡 - 你怎么样
- Monica, hey. - Oh, hey. How's it going?
- 你没事吧 - 不完全是
- You holding up okay? - Not really.
我知道 她的趴体通常都很诡异
I know. Her parties are always deeply weird.
也没有更好的时机说这个了
Hey, um, I guess this is as good a time as any to say it,
但我很抱歉我没能理解'魔笛手'
but, um, I'm really sorry for not getting Pied Piper.
说实话 我能错得这么彻底也是丢人
And to be honest, it's really embarrassing to be so fucking wrong.
问题是 你可能没错
Well, here's the thing, you, uh, you might not be.
什么 你在说什么
What? What are you talking about?
这么说吧
okay. So, well,
'魔笛手'推出后一切都不错
Pied Piper launches and everything's great,
我们刚花了一大笔钱买♥♥了这个广♥告♥
and we spent a fucking bazillion dollars, on the Tables ad
我们现在快有五十万安装量了
and now we are almost at 500,000 installs, right?
- 对 有什么问题吗 - 你也知道
- Yeah. What's the problem? - Well, as you know,
安装量并不重要
installs isn't really the metric that matters.
我们需要每日活跃用户 人们需要经常使用
We need daily active users, people who come back to the platform.
所以你们有多少活跃用户
Okay, so how many daily users do you actually have?
我说什么数会让你说
Okay, what would-- what would be a number
这还真挺糟的
that would make you say, "Ugh, oh, that's bad."
不知道 十万左右
I don't know, like, 100,000?
比这少吗
Are you less?
少多少
How much less?
- 一万九 - 比十万少一万九
19,000. - 19-- 19,000 less than a hu--
- 那是八万一 - 不 就一万九
- 81,000? - No. No, just 19,000.
-就这个数 -什么
- That's the only number. - What?
-这太糟了 -我知道
- That's-- that's terrible. - Yeah. I'm aware.
那是艺术 不是椅子
Well, yeah, that's art, not a chair.
理查德 你还没告诉劳里吧
Richard! Oh, my-- well, you haven't told Laurie yet, have you?
-没有 -还有谁知道
- No. - Okay. Well, who else knows?
-迪尼希和吉尔弗约尔 -不知道
Dinesh and Gilfoyle? - No.
埃利希
Erlich?
不知道
No.
显然贾里德知道
Well, apparently Jared knows.
虽然人们是因为'魔笛手'才知道我
Yeah, Pied Piper's sort of what I'm known for,
但我还热爱很多其它酷的事
but I'm into a lot of cool stuff.
有很多
Like, a lot.
你看着很惊讶
You seem surprised.
我给你举个例子 几个月前
I'll give you an example. A few months ago,
我在电脑前自♥由♥编码
I'm at my computer, freestyling,
跟着灵感走
just kind of jammin' out, you know,
在我还没意识到以前
before I knew it I had thrown together
我做出了有史以来最伟大的视频通话软件
the greatest video-chat app the world has ever seen.
你几个月前发明了Skype
So you invented Skype a few months ago?
好点子随时出现在我脑海中
Great ideas just sort of flow through me.
平台算是团队合作的结果
The platform, you know, it's sort of a group project,
但视频通话软件是我的个人杰作
but, uh, the video-chat app, that's my solo album.
-我是罗伯特 -我是迪尼希
Oh, Robert. - I'm Dinesh.
你♥他♥妈♥怎么回事
What the fuck is going on with you?
你能说具体点吗
Hmm? Could you be more specific?
你有事瞒着我
You're hiding something.
什么 不我没有
What? No, I'm not.
啥事没有 真的 啥都没有
Everything's fine. You know, everything's fine.
你在骗人
That's a lie.
我能分辨
I can tell because you subscribe
因为你对对错的信仰建立在基♥督♥信仰上
to traditional Judeo-Christian mores of right and wrong.
你一说谎就浑身不舒服
You're made uncomfortable by untruth.
而我对恶魔的崇拜让我更随意
My commitment to LaVeyan Satanism grants me certain freedoms.
没有善恶 只有自我
There is no good and evil, there's only self.
-你要喝点啥嘛 -要
- Would you like a beverage? - Yes, I would.
骗子 你只是想让我走远点别烦你
Lie. You just want me to go to the bar and leave you alone.
吉尔弗...你逗死我了
Gil... you crack me up.
撒谎
Lie.
我吓死你了 也正应如此
I terrify you, as I should.
闹够了吧
Get out of here.
好的 多谢
Okay, thank you.
好了 我刚和朋友谈了
Okay, so, I just spoke with my friend
她有家市场调研公♥司♥
who runs a market research firm,
会帮你的平台组织焦点小组
she's gonna set up a focus group for the platform,
让普通用户试用一下
put it in the hands of some real users,
这样一来 哪里有问题应该很明显
and hopefully it'll be super obvious what's going wrong.
-好的 -不好意思 各位 围过来
- Okay, great. - Clink, clink, clink. Gather.
快一点 围起来 快到时候了
Faster, please. Gather faster. We're close.
我们得看着数字跳过去
We need to see the numbers change.
安装数
499,995,
499,996...
499,997...
进展很好 目前为止他们
It's going great. Uh, they've been engaging
已经试用平台一小时了
with the platform for about an hour now.
-现在正准备开始问答 -太好了
- They're just starting the Q and A. - Uh, great.
针对'魔笛手'革命性的新平台
Thank you, everyone, for sharing your feelings
感谢各位与我们分享您的看法
on the revolutionary new Pied Piper platform.
好了 柏妮丝 你这里写到
Now, Bernice, you say here that you were...
你觉得这个平台让你超别扭
totally freaked out by the platform.
到底哪一处让你超别扭
What specifically totally freaked you out?
哪里都别扭 就是…每一处都很不爽
Everything. Just every single thing about it.
就是…整个运行方式
Just, like, how it worked.
还有哪位也觉得
Now, who else found themselves
这个平台让人超别扭
totally freaked out by this platform?
巴里 沃伦 娜塔莉 马提娜
Barry, Warren, Natalie, Martina,
格温 艾米 沃克 和克雷
Gwen, Amy, Walker, and Clay.
你们都觉得超别扭
You were all totally freaked out.
有哪位不觉得别扭吗
Was anyone not totally freaked out?
克拉克吗 好的 你对此什么反应
Clark? Good. What was your reaction?
这东西就…让我觉得自己很蠢
It just made me feel stupid.
搞不懂什么 文件同步 之类的
This file sync thing is confusing.
放视频到主文件夹 这上说上传了
When I put videos into my main folder, it says it uploaded them,
但我也不知道传哪里去了
but then I didn't see where they went.
这上说 资料也在我的手♥机♥和iPad上
It said stuff was on my phone and my iPad,
但我去查占用的内存 发现还是0K
but when I looked at the memory, it said, zero K used,
说明东西没存过去
so stuff wasn't on there.
平台就是这样 就像他说的这样
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表