剧集 | 侠探杰克(2022) | 导航列表
一年多以前 保罗就辞掉了中轴金融的工作
He hasn't been working at the bank ever since then.
从那以后他就没有在银行工作
Everything he told you... was a lie.
他跟你说的一切都是谎言...
Whatever's going on...
不管这是怎么回事...
...he was involved.
他都参与了
I have known...
我一直都知道
exactly where my husband has been working,
我丈夫 每天
and not working, every day of his life.
都在哪里工作
You said you didn't know anything.
你之前说你什么都不知道
I was protecting my family.
我是在保护我的家人
But since we were just shot at in a forest,
但刚刚在森林里有人向我们开枪了
I'd say that ship has sailed.
我认为我已经改变了想法
Do you want to hear how our lives were ruined,
你想听听我们的生活 是如何被毁的吗
Officer Conklin?
康克林警官?
Considering I was shot at, too, I think I'm owed that courtesy.
考虑到他们也向我开枪了 我想我应该知道
Mr. Kliner wanted to meet Paul.
克莱纳先生想见保罗
Paul was excited.
保罗很兴奋
Kliner's an important man.
因为克莱纳是个重要人物
Sit.
坐
Paul.
保罗
My business deals almost exclusively in manufacturing.
我的生意几乎只涉及制♥造♥业
Consequently, I deal with suppliers and vendors
因此 我与供应商和卖♥♥家打交道时
who offer me favorable terms if I can operate in cash.
如果能用现金交易 他们会给我优♥惠♥条件
It's all legal and aboveboard on my end.
对我来说 这一切都合法 而且光明正大
Now, whether those guys declare what I pay them...
那些人是否会申报我付给他们的钱
well, that's between them and the IRS.
那是他们和国税局之间的事
Okay, I-I still don't see
好的 我还是不明白
how someone like me can help your company.
像我这样的人 能如何帮到贵公♥司♥
I need expertise moving hard currency around
我需要专业人士来帮助我转移硬通货
as a way to ensure those favorable terms.
从而确保这些优♥惠♥条件
Well, word around town is that you've been interviewing
镇上传言
for positions at other institutions.
你一直在面试其他机构的职位
I would love to throw Kliner Industries' hat in the ring.
我希望你也能考虑克莱纳工业
That's incredibly flattering.
我实在是受宠若惊
I've-I've really only worked in traditional finance, though.
不过我真的只有 在传统金融领域工作的经验
Um, you know, for banks.
就是在银行里
Yeah. I understand your hesitation.
好吧 我明白你的犹豫
It's something new, unexplored.
从未探索过的新事物
That's what makes life exciting, right?
正是它们让生活变得令人兴奋 对吧?
Yes.
对
So...
所以...
This is what I'm thinking.
这是我的想法
I got a big client in Venezuela.
我在委内瑞拉有一个大客户
Why don't you come down with me next week.
要不下周你陪我一起过去吧?
Check out his operation, see how things work.
看看他的生意 看看是如何运作的
Corporate culture, all that.
企业文化等等
See if this is a line of work that might be up your alley.
看看这份工作是否适合你
I'll pay you generously for your time.
我会付你丰厚的酬金补偿你的时间
Two weeks' pay...
两周的工资
...one day's work.
只干一天的活儿
Paul never should have gone to Venezuela.
保罗绝对不应该去委内瑞拉的
So... How was lunch?
午餐怎么样?
I'm a sucker for plantains.
我很喜欢吃大蕉
Me, too.
我也是
I got to watch myself around those things.
桌上有大蕉的时候 我必须非常克制
- And the work? - Good.
- 工作怎么样? - 很好
Uh, I mean, your client's needs are significant,
你客户的需求量很大
but, uh, I think I put a dent in it.
不过我想我把它减少了一点
- May I? - Of course.
- 我可以看看吗? - 当然
You were able to move that much currency in just a few hours?
你在短短几个小时内 就转移了这么多货币?
You sure this was all legal?
你确定这都是合法的?
A hundred percent.
百分百分合法
I'm just real good at my job.
我真的很擅长我的工作
That's for damn sure.
这是绝对的
Can you send those, uh, transfer confirmations to me?
你能把这些转账确认发给我吗?
Of course.
当然
Done.
搞定
Look, Paul.
听着 保罗
I want you at my company.
我要你来我的公♥司♥
I need you at my company.
我需要你在我的公♥司♥
And I don't want to waste time and I don't want to negotiate.
我不想浪费时间 也不想讨价还价
I'll pay you four times your current salary
我会付给你四倍薪水
plus a 50% year-end kicker.
加上50%的年终奖励
But before the ink can dry on this,you know, my client wants to meet you.
但在我们签约之前 我的客户想见你
It's about a half mile walk to his horse farm.
这里去他的马场走路不到一公里
Come on, it's beautiful country.
这个国家风景优美
It'll be good to stretch your legs.
散散步挺好的
Let's do it.
那就去吧
- You like horses, Paul? - I do.
- 你喜欢马吗 保罗? - 喜欢
Are these all racehorses?
这些都是赛马吗?
Mostly retired.
大部分都是退休的赛马
They're just here to eat, sleep and...
它们在这里只负责吃饭、睡觉 还有
well, fuck out new champions.
跟其它新的冠军马交♥配♥
Yeah. Not a bad life. - Oh, they love it.
.- 这种生活还不赖 - 它们很喜欢
But not at first.
但一开始并不喜欢
No, these are animals that are used to running as hard and as fast as they can,
这些动物习惯了飞速驰骋
racing and training and training and racing.
不是比赛就是训练 日复一日
And then, one day, they're locked in a stall,
突然间有一天 它们被关在了畜栏里
and they revolt.
它们开始反抗
They bite. They gnaw at the gate.
咬人、啃门
They slam against the walls trying to break 'em down.
猛烈撞墙 试图把墙撞开
And then, one day...
然后有一天
they just stop.
它们突然停了下来
They just stop.
就这么停了下来
- You want to know why? - Okay.
你想知道为什么吗? 想
Because they accept that they're trapped.
因为它们接受了自己被困的现实
They know there's nothing they can do to escape their fate.
它们知道自己无法摆脱命运
And they realize that their new life isn't that bad.
而且它们意识到 它们的新生活并没有那么糟糕
You know why I'm telling you this?
你知道我为什么要告诉你这些吗?
No.
不知道
That money that you moved today,
你今天转的那笔钱
you may have tried to do everything legally,
你也许尽了全力进行合法操作
but that was an impossible task,
但那是不可能的任务
because every cent of every dollar was tied to an international counterfeiting scheme
因为其中的每一美分 都跟一个国际制♥造♥伪钞计划有关
of which you are now part.
你现在是其中的一份子了
I'm able to pay you so far above market value,
我能付给你远高于市场价的报酬 坦率地说
because, frankly, I'm my own printing press.
那是因为 我有自己的印钞机
You're-you're kidding.
你在开玩笑
This is a joke.
这是个玩笑吧?
This is as serious a situation as you've ever been in, Paul.
保罗 这个情况 跟你以前遇到过的任何情况一样严肃
You helped me launder millions in illegal tender,
你帮我洗了数百万非法货币
and then you sent me the evidence.
然后你还把证据发给了我
I have your email, your IP address,
我有你的电子邮件 你的IP地址、
your work product.
你的工作产品
You are in this now.
现在你已经参与其中了
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
You want to run,
你想逃跑
just like all the horses in here want to run.
就像这里所有的马都想跑掉一样
Go tell the cops.
去报♥警♥
Have your wife wire you money.
让你的妻子给你汇钱
Find a private plane out of here and back to the U.S.
找一架私人飞机 离开这里回美国
where everything's safe.
在那里一切都很安全
Let me tell you something.
但是让我告诉你
No place is safe.
没有哪个地方是安全的
You tell anyone,
你敢告诉任何人
you're looking at 30 years minimum for what you did today.
你今天所做的事 那至少能让你蹲30年号♥子
I-I can't...
我不能...
- I can't do this. - Can't do what?
- 我不能这么做 - 不能做什么?
Can't get rich beyond your wildest dreams for just banging away on your laptop?
不能只敲了几下键盘 就能赚到超出你想象超多的钱
Well, here's the deal.
这么办吧
I'm gonna do you a favor.
剧集 | 侠探杰克(2022) | 导航列表