剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表
I saw a thing about Bing Crosby the other night
某天晚上我在一个纪录片频道
on one of those documentary channels.
看了关于平克·劳斯贝的影片
It recounted how his version of Jingle Bells,
片中叙述了他在1943年和安德鲁姐妹
recorded in 1943 with the Andrew Sisters,
一起录制的那版《铃儿响叮当》
sold a million copies,
销量达到上百万
and it brought memories flooding back,
许多回忆涌现在我的脑海
some that only make sense to me now,
一些如今来说才对我有意义的回忆
of the first time I heard it,
我第一次听到这首歌♥
on the rain-swept aerodrome in Moybeg at Christmas 1943,
是1943年的圣诞节 在莫伊贝那个下着暴雨的机场
a Christmas I will remember as long as I live.
那个圣诞节 我将永生难忘
Francis, that's your sandwich. Put it in your schoolbag.
弗朗西斯 把你的三明治放到书包里
Mum. Mum, where were you?
妈 妈妈 你去哪儿了
I went for a walk.
我去散步了
You must be freezing, Mrs Coyne. Would you like a cup of tea?
你一定很冷吧 科因夫人 喝杯茶吗
No, thank you, Sally. I've made myself late.
不了 谢谢你 莎莉 我快迟到了
And why aren't you two off to school?
你们俩怎么不去上学
It's really cold and it's the last day. Can we not stay?
天气太冷了 而且今天是放假前最后一天 可以在家吗
It's character forming.
冬天就是这样
And there's a surprise.
而且你们会有一个惊喜
At school? Is it sweets?
在学校吗 是糖果吗
It's a surprise. Not sweets.
是惊喜 不是糖果
Now go.
走吧
Mr Coyne.
科因先生
I have the ring ready. I made it a size smaller.
戒指准备好了 我把它改小了
Would you believe my wife and yours have the same size finger?
你能相信我妻子和你妻子的手指一样细吗
I took the liberty of letting her try it on.
我擅自让她试戴了一下
I hope you don't mind. And did she approve?
希望你不要介意 她同意了吗
She did, Michael.
是的 迈克尔
She loves a romantic tale. I have a nice box for it here.
她喜欢浪漫的故事 我有一个漂亮的盒子可以装它
No, no, you take it home with you. Let her try it on, just in case.
不 不 你带回家吧 让她试试合不合适 以防万一
How will you give it to her?
你打算怎么给她
The traditional way? Down on one knee?
老一套吗 单膝跪地
I might not be able to get up if I did that, Malachy.
要是这样我可能起不来了 Malachy
The old joints creak a bit these days.
这几天膝盖有点儿不灵活
I'm sure I'll manage to find a moment that's right.
我会找一个合适的机会给她
Michael Coyne?
迈克尔·科因
I'm, erm, heading out your way. To see Kettie and the cub.
我正要朝你家那边去呢 去看看凯蒂和那崽子
And the new daughter.
那个刚出生的女孩儿
If she's mine, huh?
如果她是我的呢
Well, I'm sure Kettie will be rightly pleased.
我相信那凯蒂一定会很高兴
Today? I could give you a lift. No, no, not today.
今天吗 我可以稍你一程 不 不 不是今天
Closer to Christmas, Michael.
圣诞节快到了 迈克尔
I have some shopping to do first.
我先要去买♥♥点儿东西
Something for Seamie, some catchpenny.
给西米买♥♥的 买♥♥点便宜货
You... you couldn't lend us ten bob, could you, Michael?
能借我50便士吗 好吗 迈克尔
I'll pay it back on Boxing Day.
我会在节礼日还给你
I'll see if I have it.
我看看有没有
Thanks, Michael.
谢谢 迈克尔
Boxing Day.
节礼日
Oh, aye.
嗯
Boxing Day.
节礼日还
Come in, Master Corey.
科瑞老师 请进
Come on... One at a time.
挨个儿进来吧
Quiet. Everyone, please. Quiet.
安静 孩子们 请安静
Master Corey...
科瑞老师
has an announcement to make.
有事要宣布
You have all been invited to a Christmas party.
你们都受邀参加圣诞晚会了
Quiet! Quiet!
安静 安静
It's tomorrow, it's on the aerodrome and there might be sweets.
明天晚会在机场举办 那里可能会有糖果
Now, I have a slip of paper here for each of you to give
现在我给你们每人发一张纸
to your mother when you get home. Arrangements and so on.
带回家给你们的妈妈看 上面有具体安排
Now, it's all written down, it's all on here.
都写清楚了 要求都在上面
Now, you boys,
现在 男孩们
there'll be toilets there and I want you to use them.
那边有盥洗室 我希望你们去洗洗
This is Moybeg on view here. So I want manners, manners, manners.
为了莫伊贝的形象 你们要懂礼节 知礼貌 讲文明
When you answer, it's yes...? Sir!
回答别人时 要说“是的” “先生”
And yes...? Ma'am.
或者“是的” “女士”
And when you greet someone, it's...?
和别人打招呼 应该说
Hi, ye blade, ye.
唷 你个杀千刀的
Seamus Brady!
西米·布雷迪
It's "Hello, sir", "Hello, madam".
应该说“你好 先生” “你好 女士”
Now, they've gone to a great deal of trouble for us
在机场 他们为了我们
down on the aerodrome.
大费周章
They're rolling out the red carpet for us.
铺上红毯隆重欢迎我们
So we want you all in the good clothes.
所以我希望你们都穿戴整齐
Tell your mother, mind. Who believes in Santa Claus?
记住 一定要转告你们妈妈 谁相信圣诞老人
Well, we'll see about that when you meet him.
好的 你们会亲眼见到他
Santa is going to be there in person. He will.
圣诞老人也会去那儿 他会的
Just you wait and see. Go on now.
等着看吧 现在走吧
Off with you.
走吧大家
Boys! Boys! Single file. Go.
男孩们 一个跟一个 去吧
No, actually, back, back.
不对 回来 回来
Girls first.
女士优先
You can take your drawings if you want.
你们可以带上自己的画 如果想带的话
I seen the doctor's car. You SAW.
我瞅见了那个医生的车 是看见了
Don't be so snottery, Emma.
别这么装腔作势 艾玛
I saw the doctor's car on the road yesterday.
我昨天在路上看到了那个医生的车
No sign of that son of his.
没看见他儿子跟着他
He's probably swotting.
他可能是个书呆子
I suppose he reads nothing but books.
我猜他除了读书以外什么都不看
Not sure what else he'd read, Barney.
可能他还读其他的东西 巴尼
Help me with this, will you?
帮我一下可以吗
He looks right stuck up in any way.
不管怎样 他看起来的确爱摆架子
He's not a bit stuck up, as it happens.
碰巧他一点儿也不爱摆架子
That's what you think, Emma.
只是你以为 艾玛
But it's bred into them boys, them doctors' sons.
那些医生的儿子 他们天生那样
Well, that's good advice, Barney.
提了个好建议 巴尼
I'll be watching him like a hawk for incipient snobbery
为了那个小势利眼 我会盯紧他 像一只鹰一样
This fella, Dreyfuss,
那个小伙子 德莱弗斯
he seems to be a man with good ideas about the parish. A thinker.
他对教区似乎有很多好建议 是个有想法的人
I have no idea what he thinks.
我不知道他的想法
I've been dealing with Lieutenant Zeigler.
我正处理齐格勒中尉的事
The nurse? That minded poor Maisie?
那个护士吗 照看了坚强又可怜的梅齐
The same.
对的
Ah, she's very pretty now, I have to say. Vivacious.
不得不说 她现在漂亮极了 性格活泼
She's like Peggy Lee, do you think?
长得像佩姬·李 是吧
If Peggy Lee is a proper bossy boots,
如果佩姬·李是个嚣张又专横的女人
then she's definitely like Peggy Lee.
那她绝对就像佩姬·李
Ah, come on, now, you can't grumble about someone who is willing
嘿 无论如何 你不能抱怨一个
to organise a Christmas party, all the same.
愿意组织圣诞晚会的人
I'm willing to try, Jack.
我尽量吧 Jack
Will you lock up?
你要锁门了吗
Father Nolan's coming for the keys.
诺兰牧师会来拿钥匙
See you on the big night.
重要的夜晚再见吧
I was driving past the perimeter track...
我刚经过机场周围的环形道
Mrs Coyne. I heard music blaring out over the loudspeakers.
科因夫人 听到喇叭里呜呜作响的音乐
I hope they're not going to be playing that.
真希望他们不会放那首歌♥
That was Jingle Bells, I think.
是《铃儿响叮当》吧
Silent Night would be better.
《平安夜》可能更好
Or a nice Irish song. She Lived Beside The Anner.
或是《她住在安纳附近》一首好听的爱尔兰歌♥曲
It's not about Christmas as such,
它不是那种圣诞歌♥曲
but much more suitable for young minds.
但更适合年轻人
I'll ask if they have
我会问问他们
She Lived Beside the Anner in their record collection, Father.
有没有《她住在安纳附近》的唱片 神父
Meantime, I'd better be off. Or The Holy City.
与此同时 我得走了 或者《圣城》也行
John McCormack does that lovely.
约翰·麦柯马克唱的那版好听
You were right about the surprise, Mummy. Here.
妈妈 关于惊喜的事你没说错 看这儿
I have one, too.
我也有一个呢
Christmas week, that's right and good.
圣诞周 真不赖呢
How did you know about the surprise, Kettie?
凯蒂 你是怎么知道有惊喜的
剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表