剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表
那样会失去顾客的
Then lose them!
那就不要他们
And you won't, as it happens.
而且就算停手 你也不会失去他们
It's their ration books that tie them to you,
他们去你那儿拿的是定量配给
not stolen goods, for God's sake.
不是偷来的东西 看在上帝的份上
You have to stop.
你必须停手了
All I know is that we're paying the price for something right now,
我只知道我们正在为某事付出代价
whatever it is. "Whatever it is."
不管是什么 "不管是什么"
I'll tell you what it's not.
我来告诉你不是什么
It's not a few fags and some corned beef.
不是几包香烟或者腌牛肉
And half a dozen tins of paint that I didn't even want, that Podalski -
也不是六罐我根本不想要的 那个叫波达斯基
or whatever his name is - left down instead of bloody paying me.
还是其他名字的人 留下来抵债的该死的油漆
And how is it always me that's doing the wrong thing?
为什么永远是我在做错事
Why is it never you?
为什么你不会犯错
There's a nice head on that stout, Michael.
这黑啤劲头不错啊 迈克尔
It's too fizzy sometimes.
就是有时候泡沫太多了
You heard about young Maisie Quinn?
你听说小梅齐·奎恩了吗
What? Did you not hear?
怎么了 你不知道吗
She died today.
她今天死了
What?
什么
I'm stopping, OK?
我不干了 行吗
Me too.
我也是
Sure, what have you to stop?
当然 但是你不干什么
Bless me, father, for I have sinned.
保佑我 神父 我有罪
Three months since my last confession.
离我上一次忏悔已经有三个月了
I dealt in stolen goods.
我经营那些偷来的东西
Stolen goods. What do you mean, cigarettes?
偷来的东西 你是指什么 香烟吗
Meat. And paint.
肉 还有油漆
Paint? Stolen from where?
油漆 从哪里偷的
The 'drome.
机场
How many tins?
多少罐
Five, six. Six tins. Cans.
五 六 六听 罐
And what colour?
什么颜色的
Huh?
啥
Material attribute of the sin. What colour was the paint?
你所犯之罪的物质属性 什么颜色的油漆
White.
白色的
White.
白色
Anything else?
还有什么
Cursed a number of times.
有时候乱骂人
Lost my temper.
控制不住我的脾气
Three Hail Marys.
圣母玛利亚
Oh, have you made restitution?
哦 那你物归原主了吗
Restitution?
物归原主
Have you given the paint back yet?
你把油漆还回去了吗
Not yet.
还没有
But I will.
但我会还的
Good.
很好
All in good time.
及时赎罪
Nightmare? Oh, Mum.
做恶梦了吗 哦 妈妈
Poor man. What's happened?
小可怜 发生什么了
It's all my fault. Kate being sick.
凯蒂生病了 都是我的错
I went to the dump with Seamie,
我和西米一起去了军需品存放处
and I brought back a thing, and now Kate's caught Scarlet Fever from it,
我从那里捡了一个东西回来 现在那东西让凯蒂得了猩红热
the way Maisie did. Listen...
梅齐就在那捡过东西 听着
Now she's going to die. Francis, listen.
现在凯蒂就要死了 弗朗西斯 听着
You were told not to go to the dump, and you went,
我已经告诉过你不要去存放处 你还是去了
and you have paid a price, and the price is fear and pain,
你现在已经付出了代价 代价就是恐惧和痛苦
but not Scarlet Fever.
但是没有猩红热
Not your sister's illness. They are not the price of going to the dump.
这代价也不是你妹妹的病 她们得病不是去因为你去了存放处
We know where the Scarlet Fever came from,
我们知道猩红热是从哪儿来的
and it did not come from the dump. All right?
它不是从存放处来的 知道了吗
Promise? Promise.
你保证吗 我保证
Think you'll be able to sleep now?
你现在能睡着了吗
Off to bed.
去睡吧
What was the thing you brought back?
你捡回来了什么
A toy plane. But I washed it. I promise.
一个玩具飞机 但是我仔细洗过了 我保证
With Dettol!
用滴露消毒液洗的
That was the smell.
我闻到味道了
You can show it to me tomorrow.
你明天可以给我看看那个小飞机
We'll make sure it's clean.
我们要确保它被洗干净了
Now, bed.
现在去睡觉吧
I'll be in in a minute.
我一会儿就去看你
Francis, Emma, I'm better!
弗朗西斯 艾玛 我好多啦
All right, you two, don't smother her...
行啦 你们俩 别抱得太紧
Michael!
迈克尔
Father.
神父
You know, I've been thinking, Michael.
你知道 我一直在考虑 迈克尔
The, er...
那个
The church could do with a coat of paint.
教堂可以用那些油漆重新粉刷一遍
It's got rather shabby in recent years, do you not think?
这几年教堂真是越来越破了 你不觉得吗
I couldn't afford to paint the church, Father.
我可没那么多钱把教堂重新粉刷一遍 神父
I could make a donation,
我可以捐款
but the whole church - that's a lot of paint.
但是 要刷整个教堂 那要很多油漆才行
I know, Michael.
我知道 迈克尔
I know that.
我知道
I recognised your voice, Michael.
我听出你的声音了 迈克尔
What about the confidentiality of the confession box?
忏悔室不再保密了吗
Well, this is confidential, Michael.
这是保密的 迈克尔
This is between you and me...
知道这件事的只有你 我
and God.
和上帝
And his rundown chapel.
还有他日益破败的小教堂
I'm taking the paint back. Making restitution, like you said.
我要把这些油漆送回去 物归原主 就像你说的那样
Michael, restitution is going to be difficult.
迈克尔 物归原主会很困难
Smuggling tins of paint back onto a heavily guarded base...
将成罐的油漆偷偷放回看守严密的基地里
I wouldn't like to try it.
我可不想冒这个险
But, er, theologically speaking, I think I can help you here.
但是 理论上说 我觉得我在这件事上可以帮你
You see, when you make restitution,
你看 当你要物归原主的时候
it means you have to remove yourself from benefitting from your actions.
你不能让你自己从你的行为中受益
It doesn't necessarily mean you have to give it back
但是这不代表你必须要把这些东西还到
to where it came from.
它们原来的地方
As such.
综上所述
So...
所以
Tomorrow?
明天行吗
Early.
早些时候
Say, before you open?
那就 你开门之前
Aye.
可以
It's just a little treacherous here, Michael.
这里有点危险啊 迈克尔
Aye.
是啊
They're in here. Let's have a look.
就在这里 来看看
Well, they WERE in here.
好吧 它们原来在这里
Somebody's after lifting them.
有人过来把它们拿走了
You're not, er, not playing a trick here, Michael?
你不是 不是在耍我吧 迈克尔
Not, er, jesting?
你不是在开玩笑吧
They were in there. Half a dozen of them.
它们本来都在这里 有半打呢
Ah, this parish is full of thieves. Do you know that?
啊 这个教区有很多小偷 你知道吗
Full of thieves.
很多小偷
Aye.
对
My mother never told me
妈妈从未告诉我
who had put the tins of paint in the lint hole,
是谁把一罐罐油漆丢到田间沼泽里
though I worked it out myself many years later,
尽管多年以后我自己找到了答案
only that we were going to do the right thing and put them back.
就是我们要去做正确的事 把这些油漆送回去
And so we brought them, that evening, to the perimeter fence
所以那天晚上我们把它送回了边界线
by the Bombstore Road,
波姆斯托路边上
to the hole where Seamie and I used to wriggle through,
在那个我和西米曾经爬过的洞里
and we stacked them there,
我们把它们堆在那里
knowing that the military police patrolled that area every day,
我们知道宪兵每天都在那附近巡逻
and would find them.
他们会发现它们
And then we went home together
然后妈妈和我一起
in the twilight,
伴着暮色
my mother and I.
走回了家
Auntie Vera!
剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表