剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表
to the Chichesters.
是属于所有的奇切特斯特人的
And...
而且
to add insult to injury, the grant was based on papers
更加糟糕的是 那所公♥司♥已得到许可文件
that many now believe to be fraudulent.
很难相信政♥府♥与公♥司♥没有狼狈为奸
Do they, now?
是这样吗
This is a matter of record, your honour.
这是有案可查的事实 尊敬的法官
In the House of Lords.
在上议院就有
Yes!
对的
Oh...
噢
But let us set that aside for the moment.
但是现在我们暂且不提那件事
Think how many eels there are in the lough.
来想想在湖里到底有多少鳗鱼
Thousands upon thousands.
数以千计的
So many thousands that the Lough Neagh Eel Company
多到内伊湖捕鳗公♥司♥
can trap them by the tonne, without effort, at Toome Weir.
可以不费吹灰之力就能在托门堰捕捞到数吨♥鳗鱼
Good girl, you. That's right! Toome Weir.
好样的 说得对 就是托门堰
So many eels that the catches of the fishermen
而这些渔夫捕捞的鳗鱼
cannot possibly make any difference to their numbers.
与他们相比简直是九牛一毛
The Lough Neagh Eel Company is put to no loss by the fishermen,
这些渔民不会对内伊湖捕鳗公♥司♥造成威胁
your honour, so why does it try to take away their natural rights
尊敬的法官 所以为什么要剥夺渔民本来的权利呢
from men who depend, and whose families depend,
渔民以及他们的家庭都依靠
on the meagre sums they are paid for their catches?
捕捞鳗鱼换来的薄利营生
Mrs. Coyne...
科因夫人
To arrest them and bring them to court...
逮捕他们并把他们都告上法庭
that is not justice in my view, your honour. It is...
在我看来 不是正义之举 尊敬的法官
harassment, hounding...
这是骚扰 纠缠
persecution.
迫♥害♥
Well said, the mistress!
说得好 夫人
For the avoidance of doubt,
为避免疑义
that is the last interruption that I will tolerate in this court.
这是庭上我能容忍♥的最后一次中断
Any further instances,
诸如此类
today or in the future,
今天或是以后
will garner 30 days for contempt.
会因蔑视法庭被拘留30天
Well done.
干得好
Mrs. Coyne...
科因夫人
if you are taking as your source
你说的都来自于
Tim Healy's book on the lough, Stolen Waters...
蒂姆·希利所著关于此湖的书 《被偷走的水域》
Are you, Mrs. Coyne?
是吗 科因夫人
Then be aware that it is not as obscure as you perhaps think it is.
要知道到这书可能并非如你所想的那样晦涩难懂
Many of us have read it, Mrs. Coyne.
很多人都读过 科因夫人
And however unfair, some might say unjust,
但无论公正与否 或许有些人说不公正
the ruling of the House of Lords in 1911...
1911年上议院作出的裁定
that ruling has passed into law.
通过了法律
And it is my job to administer the law.
执行法律是我的职责所在
So, here's the story.
所以 事情是这样的
Emma Coyne, who is much smarter than Andrew Black, it would seem,
艾玛·科因 她比安德鲁·布莱克聪明许多
is going to be kicking her heels for a year
在她离家去感受大学的荡涤之前
before she goes off to take university by storm.
她似乎要尽情享乐一年
But...
但是
I'm guessing there aren't too many jazz dens in Moybeg.
我想在莫伊贝可没有多少听爵士的地方
Will she not be bored?
她不会觉得无聊吗
Yes. Like anything.
是的 非常无聊
Unless someone interesting calls by now and then.
除非不时接到几个有趣的电♥话♥
That sounds like a fine offer, Miss. Emma Coyne.
听起来是个不错的提议 艾玛·科因小姐
Hey, Andrew. Nick.
嘿 安德鲁 尼克
Oh, damn, is it that time?
天哪 到时间了吗
I am so sorry, Emma. I have to go.
我很抱歉 艾玛 我得走了
I have to meet a friend with... with old Nick here.
我和尼克要去见个朋友
But we are going by the square.
但是我们会经过广场
So, if you would like, we could escort you,
所以 如果你愿意 我们可以送你
like the fine young gentlemen that we are.
我们就像是年轻善良的绅士
I have listened to the evidence.
我听从证据
And I have to say that I do not believe
我必须得说我一点儿也不相信
the defendant's account of what happened for one second.
被告对事件的陈述
I have formed a judgment
我曾经判断
that he was the aggressor in every aspect of the incident.
完全是他挑起了这个事件
I therefore find against the defendant.
因此作出了不利于被告的裁决
The fact that the defendant struck,
事实上被告出手打人
and struck first,
并且出手在先
would normally justify a custodial sentence.
通常可以成为被判处监禁的正当理由
But we have had a forceful reminder from Mrs. Coyne
但是科因夫人给了我们强有力的告诫
that the fishermen of Moybeg
莫依贝的渔民们
have exercised their right to fish since, uh...
一直以来践行着他们打渔的权力
time immemorial, Mrs. Coyne?
从远古时代起 是吗 科因夫人
The court has no discretion in the administration of the law.
法律面前 本庭没有自♥由♥裁量权
But it has some leeway in the matter of sentencing.
但是此案仍有量刑的余地
Taking this into account,
基于考虑 本庭判决
the defendant will be sworn over to keep the peace.
被告需保证不再扰乱治安
His pollan nets will be restored to him, but not his eel lines.
捕鲑网归还于被告 但其鳗线将被没收
The court imposes the fine of £2 and the usual costs.
法♥院♥将收取其2磅罚款以及诉讼费用
This court is adjourned.
休庭
No jail, by God. The mistress got him off.
不用坐牢了 感谢老天爷 夫人救了他
Fair play to you, Mrs. Coyne.
干得漂亮 科因夫人
You stood up for us when no-one else would.
你在没人愿意帮忙时为我们挺身而出
And you told them boys the truth.
你帮这些男孩说出了真♥相♥
The truth would have seen your son in jail, Mr. Hanlon.
这个真♥相♥可能把你的儿子送进监狱 汉隆先生
What I stood up for was justice. Aye, and we got it.
我支持正义的一方 是的 我们得到了正义
The first time that ever I remember.
有史以来的第一次
Just don't ask me to stand up for what went on in your boat,
别来要求我为你们在船上
or in the byre, that night.
或那晚牛棚里的事辩护
I, er, really enjoyed this afternoon, Emma.
我 呃 今天下午我很开心 艾玛
I think maybe we should do it again sometime.
我觉得我们哪天还应该再试一次
Gosh. Yes.
天啊 对啊
Well done, Mistress! Fair play to Mrs. Coyne.
做得好 夫人 棒极了 科因夫人
Oh, knickers! It's my mother.
噢 天哪 是我妈
The shame.
真丢人
What's she done? Who knows? It's Mum.
她做了什么 谁知道呢 那是我妈
Anything can happen. Anything. Thank you very much.
什么都可能发生 什么都可能 非常感谢
Bye, Emma.
再见 艾玛
Well done, Mrs. Coyne. You did us proud.
做得好 科因夫人 我们为你骄傲
You did a grand job, Mrs. Coyne. Thank you. Thanks again.
你做得太好了 科因夫人 谢谢你 太谢谢你了
Thank you very much.
十分感谢您
You made a show of me, Rose.
你让我大吃一惊 罗斯
And for what? For men you don't even like.
为了什么 为了那些你自己都不喜欢的人吗
It's their lough.
那是他们的湖
It's their livelihood. And the pub?
那是他们赖以生存的东西 那我的酒馆呢
Our livelihood that they emptied?
被他们榨干的 我们赖以生存的东西呢
I got that back.
我会处理好的
Michael, listen, I know Ned isn't a very nice man.
迈克尔 听着 我知道内德不是个好人
You're the one tried to shoot him.
你才是那个曾经拿枪指着他的人
But that doesn't mean he should be a trespasser in his own place.
但并不意味着他就该成为自己地盘上的入侵者
I didn't mean to make a show of you, Michael, I promise.
我并不想让你大吃一惊 迈克尔 我保证
If I made a show of anyone, it was me.
如果说我让谁大吃一惊了 那是我自己
Michael?
迈克尔
Michael?
迈克尔
Is Daddy all right? Course.
爸爸还好吗 当然了
Did Davey go to jail?
戴维要坐牢吗
No.
不用
Did he tell the truth?
他说出事实了吗
The truth...
事实
a truth emerged, against all the odds.
尽管困难重重 真♥相♥还是浮出了水面
Mummy, are you all right?
妈咪 你还好吗
Course.
当然了
Don't be too long.
别玩得太久了
That's them back. We'll find out how Davey Hanlon fared.
他们回来了 很快我们就能得知戴维·汉隆成功与否了
Aye.
是啊
Whatever happened, losing the eel lines, Sally, it, um...
萨莉 不管发生什么 失去了鳗线
it leaves me a wee bit short.
这对我而言
For stout, like.
都不重要
Go on.
去吧
You're the heart of corn, Sally Quinn.
你才是我的心之所向 萨莉·奎恩
剧集 | 母亲与陌生人(2016) | 导航列表