What are you doing, Dad?
你干嘛呢 爸
It's not every day your daughter brings your grandchild home, is it?
女儿不会每天都把外孙带回家 对吧
Have you decided on a name yet?
想好叫什么名字了吗
Arthur.
亚瑟
Suits you, Lucy, motherhood.
真配你 露西 身为人母
You've got a glow on.
浑身散发母性光辉
Every bone and muscle and ounce of flesh of my body hurts,
我浑身上下都疼得厉害
but it's worth it.
但很值得
He's perfect, isn't he?
他很完美 不是吗
What's this?
这是怎么回事
It's... It's a mistake.
这 这是个错误
I mean, I told them.
我告诉过他们
I said, 'You are making a terrible mistake.'
我说 "你们简直是在作孽"
Told who?
告诉谁
The bailiffs.
执行官们
They took all of this? How much do you owe?
他们全部拿走了吗 你欠了多少钱
I mean, you can't talk to these people.
那些人蛮不讲理
They didn't do this. You did.
不是他们的错 是你
It'll be all right, petal. I'll pay back some of what I owe.
会没事的 亲爱的 我会还掉一部分债
We'll get the stuff back, some of it, hopefully.
如果可能 我们会拿回部分东西的
The midwife... is coming for a home visit.
助产士很快会来做家访
We can pick up some bits.
我们可以买♥♥些基本家具
She's coming tomorrow. We can't live like this.
她明天就来 我们不能让她看到这种生活环境
Let me get Arthur out of the way for five minutes,
让我带亚瑟出去一会儿
so you two can talk. Yeah?
你们可以好好谈谈 好吗
Come on.
来吧
Joe...
乔
I did call.
我打过电♥话♥
You called Lucy?
你打给露西了吗
To see... see if it's appropriate for me to pop by.
想问问她 我能否过来一趟
And, obviously, it was appropriate.
显然 她同意了
No... I don't know. I left a message.
不 我不知道 我留了言
I think I might have erased it. I'm not sure.
我也许不小心删掉了那通留言 我不确定
Does he have a name yet?
他有名字了吗
Or she? He.
或者是她 他
Oh, it's a boy.
是个男孩
He's called Dominic.
他叫多米尼克
Sorry. Cruel joke.
抱歉 开个玩笑
I don't know why I did that.
我不知道自己为什么这么做
It's been on my mind, whether he was here yet.
我一直在想 不知道他出生了没有
What does he look like.
长得像什么样
Look, Dom, I'm sorry I told you Lucy was pregnant.
多米 很抱歉我告诉了你露西怀孕的事
I shouldn't have got all size 12 about things.
我不应该那么大嘴巴
No. I'm glad you did.
不 我很高兴你告诉我了
I'm glad I know.
我很高兴能知道这件事
Does your wife know anything?
你妻子知道吗
Well, that's the impossible bit.
那不可能
I mean...
我的意思是
There's no way to tell her without...
我不可能告诉她
Might be best for everyone to draw a line. It happened.
每个人最好都划清界限 毕竟事情已经发生
So are you and Lucy...?
那么你和露西
Yeah. That's decent of you.
没错 你人真好
I'm not doing her a favour, Dom.
我不是在怜悯她 多米
I'm not the mug who picks up
我可不是那种傻蛋
the pieces when a bloke dumps a pregnant woman.
别的男人甩掉的孕妇 我跑去收拾乱摊子
No, Of course. I'm lucky to have her.
当然不是 我很幸运能拥有她
Yeah, you are. She's a great girl... woman. I mean...
当然 她是个好女孩 女人
I'd better take him back inside.
我最好带他回屋
Yeah. If I could just speak with Lucy.
如果我能和露西谈谈
Now is not a good time. I'll tell her you popped by.
现在时机不对 我会告诉她你来过的
If she needs anything...
如果她需要什么
We've got it all sorted. Glad to hear it...
我们都安置妥当了 我很高兴
But if... Don't.
但是 别
If your wife finds out, she's going to be destroyed.
如果你妻子知道了 她会崩溃的
It's got to be best to do the right thing.
你应当做出正确的选择
That's what I've been tormented with.
我一直在被这个问题折磨
What is the right thing?
什么才是正确的选择
Do you want to hold him?
你想抱抱他吗
He's called Arthur.
他叫亚瑟
I think Lucy wanted a name that had nothing
我想露西希望为他取一个
to do with any man she knows or has ever known.
和她过往的任何一个男人都无关的名字
Arthur.
亚瑟
You have to keep doing it, don't you?
你总是这样 不是吗
Oh, Will, it's not his fault.
"威尔 不是他的错"
I should be able to fall to bits because my dad is there.
因为我爸爸的存在 我一定会痛苦一辈子的
I am there.
我一直都在
Here. No, you're not.
你身边 不 你不在
You're nowhere.
你从没尽到责任
I want a father and look what I've got.
我想要一个父亲 可是看看你
Here.
来
It's not that bad.
没有那么糟
You can beg and borrow a few bits of furniture.
你可以借一些家具
There's all-sorts in the charity shops.
慈善店里什么都有
At least you're not being evicted.
至少你还有住的地方
There's something I need to tell you about that.
关于这个 我还有事情要告诉你
You've lost your heel. I seem to be managing.
你鞋跟掉了 似乎也无大碍
Well, it'll be here somewhere.
一定是掉在店里了
You had it when you brought lunch back.
你买♥♥午餐回来的时候它还在
Did I? Yeah. Come on. We'll find it.
是吗 对 来 我们能找到的
Thought you'd have noticed, losing a heel.
鞋跟掉了你应该能发现吧
I did, but I was rushing about after a customer.
我知道 但我当时正忙着接待一名顾客
I thought I'd get it later. Probably went under something.
打算晚点再找 可能在什么东西下面
I never liked these shoes. I'll bin them tonight.
我一直不喜欢这双鞋 我今晚丢掉它们
Buy a new pair in Paris, eh?
然后去巴黎买♥♥双新的吗
Dom, I know that it's my fault that we've wasted so much time,
多米 我知道浪费了这么多时间是我的错
when we could have been getting on with adoption.
我们本可以准备领养手续
I think...
我想
I did, actually, go nuts.
我之前真的失去理智了
You know, you want a baby and it's not happening
你知道 心里要个孩子 可是天不遂人愿
and you sort of stop being compos mentis.
人就变得有点疯疯癫癫的
When you said about adoption,
当你建议领养时
you were right and it was sane and, well, sensible,
你的决定是正确的 理智的
but I was too far gone to hear you.
但我太固执而没有听从你的建议
I want to put that right now, if... if you'll let me.
我现在想弥补 如果 如果你允许
Adoption?
领养吗
You've changed. Why have you changed?
你改主意了 你为什么改主意了
I've got to go to the bank, take those cheques in.
我要去趟银行 把支票拿过去
Why have you changed?
你为什么改主意了
I saw you, when I came back with lunch, upset, Dom.
我买♥♥完午餐回来时 看到你很沮丧 多米
You don't have to protect me from your feelings...
你不需要压抑自己想拥有
about having a family.
一个完整家庭的愿望
Why does life have to be so messy?
生活为什么一团乱
We've got time, you know. It's all going to be all right.
我们还有时间 一切都会变好的
We can have a family.
我们可以组建一个完整的家庭
Is it time to go home yet?
到时间回家了吗
I'll go to the council in the morning.
我明早会去居委会一趟
They'll have to house me. I've got a baby.
他们一定会给我找住所的 我有一个孩子
Yeah. On some nightmare estate or some hell-hole B&B.
在某个噩梦般的房♥子或者简陋的小旅馆里
Thanks, Joe, for putting that thought in my head.
谢谢你 乔 你成功地吓到了我
Des and Linda have got a caravan. You could stay there.
达斯和琳达有个房♥车 你可以待一阵
It's lovely. A view and everything.
很不错 风景和其他的都不错
I'm not sure Des and Linda would want to do me any favours.
我不确定达斯和琳达愿意帮我
They're convinced this whole mess is my fault.
他们坚定地认为这一切都是我的错
They keep saying, 'Poor Lucy.'
他们总说"可怜的露西"
Anyway, like you said, it's not about me.
不管怎样 如你所说 我怎么样不重要
It's not about you. It's about what's best for Arthur.
你也不重要 重要的是为亚瑟好
You were always good at finding the one argument I can't deny.
你的话总能让我无法反驳
I like the idea of a Chinese baby, Dom.
我也很乐意领养中国孩子 多米
I mean, not a romantic delusion, you know.
不是不切实际的幻想
I mean, we could learn about the culture.
我们可以了解一些不同的文化