It's one obsession after another.
她痴迷的事情在不停地变换
Tarot cards, palmistry.
之前是塔罗牌 手相
Look, Lucy, I want to do the right thing.
听着 露西 我想负起责任
The right thing for who?
对谁负责
Every day I wake up and... you know, I think about...
我每天醒来的时候 都想着...
I've only done three classes so far,
我目前为止只参加过三节课
but I think I'm rather getting the hand of it.
但我觉得我已经是个熟手了
Let me have a look at your palms.
让我来看看你的手掌
Oh, no. Go on.
别了 来吧
Just for a bit of practice. Right, um...
就当是练习吧 好的
Ooh, now, you've got Mercury at the bottom of your little finger,
你的小手指根部有水星丘
which means marriage, I think. I'll have to check in the book.
那似乎代表着婚姻 我得去查一下书
Not marriage. Not me.
不是婚姻 我没结婚
Um... Ooh, and you've got a...
噢 而且 你的掌纹
a break in your lifeline, which means a sudden change.
生命线有断裂 意味着突然的变故
Penny, I have to leave.
佩妮 我要离开了
I mean I have to give you my notice.
我得向你递交辞呈
Oh! That is sudden.
噢 真突然啊
We don't want to lose you, Lucy. If it's the money...
我们不想失去你 露西 如果是钱的问题
No, it's not the money.
不 不是钱的问题
Well, there must be a reason.
那总该有什么原因吧
I'm going travelling. Travelling? You?
我要去旅行 旅行? 你?
Sorry, I didn't mean it to...
抱歉 我不是有意...
It's just that isn't that
但那不正是
why you split up with your boyfriend? Yeah.
你跟你男友分手的原因吗 是的
But I changed my mind. Oh, you're gonna meet up with him.
但我改变主意了 噢 你要去追随他
Yes, yeah, I am.
是的 正是
Oh, Dom will be devastated when I tell him.
等我告诉多米 他一定会很伤心的
Penny, can I tell him myself? I think I owe him that.
佩妮 我能亲口告诉他吗 至少是对他的尊重
Yeah, of course you can.
是的 当然可以了
Thanks.
谢谢
I don't like myself. In fact, I can't stand myself.
我不喜欢我自己 实际上 我很受不了我自己
I imagine what it must feel like so...
我能想象那种感觉...
desperate to have a child
那样渴望能生孩子
and...
而且
She was good to me.
她对我很好
But we can't just forget this has happened. You can. We can.
但总不能就假装如无其事吧 当然可以 必须可以
Your job is to love your wife. She deserves that.
你的职责是爱你的妻子 那是她应得的
We were reckless.
我们只是一时冲动
No, we were hurting... it was comfort.
不 我们当时都很受伤 只是寻求安慰
That's all. That's all it was.
就那样 仅此而已
There are a million single mothers out there
世上有千千万万单身母亲
and now there's a million and one.
现在不过是多我一个
Why did you decide to keep the baby?
你为什么决定留下孩子
I knew it was possible that a lot of people could get very hurt,
我知道我的行为可能会伤到很多人
and I know it's selfish, but I just kept thinking
我也知道这很自私 但我一直想着
I might not get another opportunity. What if this is it?
我可能再也没有机会了 如果这就是我的机会呢
This is my chance to have a baby. Dominic, please,
这是我当母亲的机会 多米尼克 求你了
I'll never ask you for anything. Penny need never know.
我不会要求你任何事的 不需要让佩妮知道
No-one knows who the father is. I've made sure of that.
没人知道孩子的父亲是谁 我保密工作做的很好
Just me, and now you.
只有我 现在包括你
But... I haven't told a soul,
但是 我没告诉任何人
and you only found out because you saw me.
你之所以发现 不过是因为你撞见我了
You didn't see me, did you?
你其实并没撞见我 是吧
How did you find out?
你到底是怎么知道的
How could you know? It's not possible. How?
你怎么可能知道 不可能啊 到底是怎样
Who?
谁
Dom, I scared myself today.
多米 我今天吓到自己了
I saw my reflection in a shop window
我在商店橱窗中看到自己的镜像
and I sort of saw what I was like,
我忽然之间看清了自己
what I'd become, and it frightened me.
看到自己变成了什么样子 吓到我了
I went into that baby shop in town
我去了镇上的婴儿用品商店
and I was pretending to be pregnant.
假装自己快要做妈妈了
Pretending to myself.
自欺欺人
Dom... I know I've been awful to live with.
多米 我知道和我一起生活委屈你了
But I've come through it now.
但我已经想通了
It's grief.
是悲伤
There are five stages to grief, apparently.
悲伤有五个阶段 显然
Denial, anger...
否认 愤怒
Oh, Denial, ang...
否认 愤...
Oh, I forget the other three.
噢 我忘了其他三个阶段了
Salsa, sleeping in the back bedroom,
莎莎舞 在小卧室里睡觉
and a keen sensitivity to breathing.
对呼吸声极度敏感
Yes.
是的
Anyway, I'm back now.
不管怎样 我已经恢复如初了
And I know how you've been trying, darling,
我知道你一直在艰苦努力 亲爱的
and you've been incredibly patient, and accepting,
你一直对我予以极大的耐心和包容心
and I might have been a complete witch, but I...
我可能像个丧失理智的疯婆子一样 但我...
I did know,
我心里很清楚的
and it did matter to me that you were still there.
而你一直不离不弃 对我来说是最重要的
You know, you were... still mine.
就是 你 依然是我的
I know you tried to get me to do this ages ago,
我知道很多年前你就想说服我领养
I know I wouldn't listen. I'm listening now.
我知道我没有听 但我现在愿意听你的话
We're too old to adopt in this borough,
但我们年纪太大 无法在本地领养
you can only adopt from China through a registered adoption agency.
只能通过注册领养机构 去中国领养
Penny, slow down. You do the paperwork here
佩妮 缓一缓 你填好申请文件
and they do a sort of home assessment, and health checks.
他们会做一个家庭评估 健康检查
But you do have to go to China. Penny.
但还是要亲自去中国 佩妮
It's taken me this long to admit it, you know,
我用了那么长时间才肯承认
that it's not going to happen, our baby, to face it, but...
我们的亲生孩子是不可能的了 去面对现实
I do now, so...
我现在真的知道了
we can move on, Dom.
我们可以向前看 多米
We can... we can get a child.
我们 可以领养到一个孩子
Penny, there's something I want to tell you,
佩妮 有件事我想告诉你
have to tell you. Are you going to leave me?
必须告诉你 你是要离开我吗
You can't. Not now.
你不能 别是现在
I'm truly sorry, Dom,
我真的很抱歉 多米
I know I can be a monster sometimes,
我知道我有时候很不可理喻
I've learnt my lesson, I take you for granted,
我已经受到教训了 我忽视了你的存在
I won't anymore.
我再也不会了
I promise you. Please, please let me prove myself to you.
我保证 求你了 求你给我一个证明的机会
It's not you, Pen, it's me.
不是你的原因 佩 是我
Oh, Dom, forget about Chinese babies,
噢 多米 不提中国宝宝的事了
let's just concentrate on us.
就只在乎我们的婚姻吧
Oh, darling Dom, you love me, I know you do.
噢 亲爱的多米 你爱我 我知道的
Oh, Dom.
噢 多米
Here you are, Joe.
你好啊 乔
Getting to be a regular soap opera, this.
瞧下面 似乎要发展成肥皂剧了啊
You cuddled me!
你拥抱了我
And the whole time you knew you'd told him I was pregnant!
而当时你已经告诉他我怀孕了
The only thing that ever concerns you is your own bloody feelings!
你唯一在乎的 就是你自己那该死的感情
Why did you have to tell him?
你为何一定要告诉他
I didn't know he didn't know, did I?
我不知道他毫不知情啊 不是吗
What right do you have to interfere?
你有什么权利干涉我的事
The minute my back was turned, you slept with your boss!
我刚一离开 你就和你的老板上♥床♥了
And I'm supposed to feel nothing?
还要让我装作什么事也没有吗
Shut up! You're telling everyone.
闭嘴 你让全世界都知道了
You are the one who came here, you're making it a shouting match.
是你跑过来 先开口大吼大叫的
I am not shouting particulars and names, am I?
我可没指名道姓地说是谁吧
I'm shouting anger at you, who has cau...
我是对你一肚子火才吼的 都怪你...
What? Nothing!
怎么了 没事
What's up? It's not the baby.
怎么了 "不是"要生了
You're beautiful.
你真美
I know a woman's not supposed to say that to a man... beautiful.
我知道女人不该形容男人 美
but you are.
但你确实很美
Excuse me! Excuse me!
抱歉 请等一下
Could I borrow your mobile, please?
可以借一下你的手♥机♥吗
My battery's flat and it's an emergency.
我的电池没电了 而我又有急事
I won't run off with it, I promise.
我不会拿着你的手♥机♥跑路的
I work in there.
我就在那边工作