She must have a reason to keep it all top secret.
她如此守口如瓶一定是有原因的
You must want to know, Joe.
你一定很想知道 乔
Uncle Joell be leaving soon.
乔叔叔马上就会闪人了吧
There is a message in there somewhere.
其实也包含某种启示吧
In China, they have this thing... the Tao.
在中国有种说法叫"道"
Its like the path for your life.
就好比你的人生之路
Youre supposed to find your path
你应当去寻找自己的人生之路
and follow it if you want to be happy.
并且遵循它以获得幸福
You lot, this is your path.
儿女满堂 或许就是你们的路
Me, maybe its best if I just
我呢 也许最好重拾
go back to doing what I always do...
我一直在做的事
fill a rucksack with some clothes.
背包行天下
She didnt mention anything to me about a boyfriend.
她没跟我提过她交了男友
You think I didnt ask her?
难道你认为我没有过问吗
Did she say why she wouldnt tell you?
她有没有说为何不告诉你
I got a girl pregnant once.
曾经 我也让一个女孩怀孕了
I mean, it wasnt love or anything. I was young.
不是出于爱 只是年少无知
She was younger.
她比我更年轻
She cried for a week.
她哭了一星期
Then said she was going for a terminal.
然后她说要去做个"终点站"
Termination.
是堕胎吧
A terminals what you have at an airport.
终点站是机场那种[集散大厅]
So why did Lucy decide to keep her baby?
那露西为何决定留下孩子呢
She agonised.
她也纠结过
She was wavering.
摇摆不定
I think it was my fault, really.
我真心认为是我的过错
I saw a cot in a charity shop, thought itd cheer her up.
我在一家旧货店看到一个婴儿床 想哄她开心
Well, she cried and cried, and said,
她哭了又哭 然后说
Well, its a person, isnt it?
"那也是一条生命 不是吗"
When did Lucy tell you she was pregnant?
露西是何时告诉你她怀孕的
She just said she was giving up work.
她当时只说要辞职
I told her I thought she was mad... I mean, it was good money
我跟她说我以为她疯了 那工作薪水不薄
and we need every penny.
我们又急需用钱
Then she said she HAD to pack it in because she was pregnant.
然后她说她是因为怀孕而不得为之
Well, I was surprised,
我当时很惊讶
because she wasnt even showing.
因为她的肚子都没鼓起来呢
I mean, most women,
现在多数的女人
they work right until the end nowadays, dont they?
都会一直坚持工作到临产 不是吗
Hold on.
等等
She wasnt even showing or anything and shes packed her job in?
她的肚子尚看不出怀孕 就辞职了吗
I couldnt get through to her.
我没能说服她
I mean, were gonna need every penny.
我们可是非常需要钱的
Its her boss, isnt it?
显然是她的老板吧
Its about mood. Its about atmosphere.
讲究的是情调和氛围
You know, people lie in the bath
人们都爱躺在浴缸里
and go over all their lifes troubles.
思考各种人生烦恼
Life goes on. We go on.
生活在继续 我们也要向前看
Were a couple. We share.
我们是父妻 要彼此交心
I knew youd blame me.
我就知道你会怪我
It makes sense, doesnt it?
很合理 不是吗
It is a beautiful baby.
真是个可爱的婴儿
Penny, there are kids out there...
佩妮 有的婴儿
theyll spend their whole childhood in institutions.
他们整个童年都在孤儿院里度过
Theyll never know what it is to have a mother, a father.
他们永远不知道拥有父母的滋味如何
They'll never feel what it is to be cherished.
他们无法感受到被珍爱的感觉
Of course youre right, but were not ready for that yet.
你说的当然有理 但我们还准备好领养
We have tried everything.
我们试过所有方法了
Were putting too much pressure on ourselves, thats all.
我们不过是给自己过大的压力而已
That's the problem.
那就是问题所在
But imagine the life we could give to one of those kids.
但我们可以给其中一个孩子美好的生活啊
Dont you want that? Of course I want that.
难道你不想要那样吗 我当然想
For our child.
但必须是我们亲生的孩子
I went for a tarot reading
我去找人用塔罗牌占卜过了
and she said that something would happen in three.
她说某事会成三出现
Three what? Well, just three.
三个什么 她只说了三
You know, its not a science, its metaphysical.
你知道那不是科学 那是玄学
Its about whats really going on underneath the surface of things.
注重的是事物表面背后的深层玄机
Its just...
只是
well, when do we accept that its...
我们什么时候能够面对现实
It's not gonna happen?
我们永远生不出孩子呢
Not yet.
再等等
Youre treating me like its my fault.
你弄得好像一切都是我的过错
Are you saying its my fault? No, of course not!
难道你是说过错在我 当然不是
But it is my fault, isnt it? My tubes.
但责任确实在我 不是吗 我的输卵管
Please.
别
Look, Dom, please.
多米 不要
Do you have to breathe like that?
你非要呼吸那么大声吗
I didn't know I snored. It's not snoring, it's breathing.
我好像没有打呼的毛病啊 不是打呼噜 是呼吸声
Like this.
像这样
If it's breathing, I don't know there's much I can do about that.
如果是呼吸声 那我也没办法控制啊
I can't sleep in here. I'm going to the back bedroom.
我在这儿睡不着 我要去小卧室睡
If there's anything else you need, just pop in.
如果还需要什么 尽管过来
Joe. Business is booming, is it?
乔 生意很兴隆嘛 是吧
Home improvements seem to be... Never had it so good.
居家装饰行业似乎... 从来没如此火爆过
I'm allowed to make a living. Oh, yeah!
我总要赚钱谋生的吧 噢 当然了
It's great to see people getting on.
看着别人越过越好我也很开心
Lucy, by the way, is jobless.
而露西 却成了无业游民
I didn't fire Lucy. Living in her dad's flat,
我没有开除露西 住在她爸的公♥寓♥里
hardly a penny to her name. She chose to leave.
几乎身无分文 她自己选择离开的
If you could call it a choice. It was a bit awkward.
那也能算是选择吗 我们在一起工作很尴尬
There's a word for it... awkward.
真会用词 尴尬
Lucy told you. You do it so well, don't you?
露西告诉你了 你泡妞手段相当高嘛 是吧
It's very convincing.
很容易让女人折服
Dominic... mister nice, mister smile and ruin your life.
多米尼克 好好先生 微笑迷人 却毁了你的人生
Are you and her back together?
你们又复合了吗
Heart of stone!
铁石之心
No, no, heart of ice.
不 不 寒冰之心
No, heart of tile.
不 瓷砖之心
Tile Your Bastard Life.
装饰你的混♥蛋♥人生
Look, I know I was married... How are you sleeping?
听着 我知道自己是已婚男人 你睡的安稳吗
I mean, if it was me, I'd be awake all night, tormented.
我是说 换做是我 一定备受煎熬 彻夜难眠
I'd be in bits with guilt.
深陷愧疚无法解脱
Does it really not bother you at all that your baby's out there?
你丝毫不困扰有个孩子降生在外吗
Well, it will be soon. Any minute now.
很快就会出生了 随时都有可能
There is a woman out there who's gonna have your baby
有个女人 将要生下你的孩子
and you wake up every morning and say, "Hey, Tile Your Life"?
而你每天早上醒来却说 嘿 装饰你的生活
She didn't tell you.
她没告诉你
But imagine the life
但是想象一下我们可以
that we could give to one of those kids.
给其中一个小孩带来怎样不同的人生
Don't you want that? Of course I want that.
你不想那样吗 我当然想了
For OUR child.
但必须是我们亲生的孩子
Does it really not bother you at all that your baby is out there?'
你丝毫不困扰有个孩子降生在外吗
Oh. Sorry.
抱歉
Oh, that's all right. I was, um, working late
没事 我 昨天工作到太晚了
and I just... well, I just crashed.
我 忍♥不住睡过去了
Want coffee? Um, no, that's yours.
要来点咖啡吗 不了 那是你的
I haven't drunk out of it yet. Well, one slug.
我还没喝呢 好吧 喝了一小口
I'll go out and get another one.
我出去再买♥♥一杯
It's seven in the morning. Why are you here at this hour?
才早上7点呢 你这么早来干什么
You know, lots to do, just...
有很多事要做 就是
Can't stand being at home?
受不了家里的氛围
Your hair's ruffled.
你头发乱了
Um, yeah, must get it cut.
是啊 得去剪头发了
It looks nice.
看上去挺不错的
If we go out, we can both have a coffee. Come on.
出去吧 我们可以一起喝咖啡 来吧
I feel stupid getting caught sleeping in the office.
被人发现在办公室睡觉 感觉好愚蠢
I feel stupid telling stupid lies about it.
我还编造愚蠢的谎言 就显得更愚蠢了
It's OK, it's none of my business.
没事的 跟我无关
And it's not stupid, it's human,
那也不愚蠢 人那样很正常
and you are human, aren't you?
你也属于人类 对吧