我说,“你知道吗,有可能不是我们的慢跑者”
"She didn't have a sweatshirt."
“她没有运动衫”
And he just looked at me.
他只是看着我
He didn't say a word, he just looked at me.
他一句话也没说,只是看着我
So I called the State Police.
所以我打电♥话♥给州警♥察♥局
And I said, "Hey, we got a guy here that found some clothing."
我说,“嘿,我们这里有个人发现了一些衣服“
"He says, "I wonder if I get any reward for this."
“他说,‘我想知道我是否因此得到任何奖励’”
And I say something like, "Well, it's just clothes,
我大约说了“只是些衣服”
"you know. No."
“你知道,不”
So I'm filling up this propane tank behind the store,
我正在后面给煤气灌加满
and Chrissy comes back
克丽丝回来了
and tells me, "Gary, this guy just told me he was
她告诉我,“加里,这个家伙刚刚告诉我他是”
"the last one to see Kaye Turner alive."
“最后一个看到凯伊·特纳活着的人”
So I didn't even talk to him.
我和他基本上没什么交流
I went back to the phone, I called the cops and I said,
我回到电♥话♥旁,打电♥话♥给警♥察♥,我说,
"Would it make any difference to you folks
“这对你们有什么用吗”
"if I told you he just said he was the last one to see her alive."
“如果他说他是最后一个看到她活着的人”
They said, "We're sending more people."
他们说,“我们正在派遣更多的人过来”
Boom.
哇哦
Who says something like that?
谁会说那样的话?
The guy that killed her.
那个杀了他的人
Right?
对吧?
The last one to see her alive.
最后一个见到她还活着的人
If a tree falls in the woods, an no one hears it,
如果森林里的一棵树倒下,没有人听到
does it make a sound?
那么它发出声音了吗
The real question is
真正的问题是
What does it mean to exist?
存在的意义是什么?
To be seen?
被人看到?
If the tree is a woman, like Kaye Turner,
如果这棵树是一个女人,就像凯伊·特纳
and she screams,
她尖叫
does her voice matter?
她的声音重要吗?
Sometimes, a fallen tree can tell the story of what happened.
有时,一棵倒下的树可以讲述所发生的事情
But it can also be a warning of what will happen again.
但这也能是对将再次发生的事情的警告
And in 1990, Santiam Junction,
而在1990年,桑蒂亚姆章克申
1978年,凯伊·特纳失踪
that is exactly the case with Rachanda Pickle.
拉昌达·皮克尔就是这种情况
1990年,拉昌达·皮克尔失踪
Even with all the manpower,
即使有这么多的人力
authorities say there is just too much ground to cover here.
有关部门还是说这里范围太广了
They think Rachanda met with foul play
他们认为拉昌达遇到了麻烦
Her family hasn't heard from her.
她的家人还没有她的消息
Authorities don't have any new leads.
当局没有任何新线索
So, searchers are resigned to the fact
因此,搜索者只能接受这样一个事实
that they aren't going to find any good news here.
他们在这里找不到任何有价值的信息
It was horrible,
真是太可怕了
knowing how she'd get homesick, you know.
你知道,现在她会多么想家
And how dependent she was upon my mom.
她是多么依赖我妈妈
「拉昌达的哥哥,拜伦·皮克尔」
I knew...
我知道...
I knew something bad happened.
我知道发生了不好的事情
As bad as it sounds, I was hoping she got kidnapped and we would find her.
听起来很糟糕,但我希望是绑♥架♥,还有一丝希望
You are hoping for the best, like, "She's lost."
你抱着最好的希望,比如“她迷路了”
But mentally, a detective's preparing himself for worst-case scenario.
一个侦探正在为最坏的情况做思想准备
「拉昌达案侦探,迈克·哈蒙」
Especially if we don't find the child within 48 hours.
尤其是如果我们在48小时内没有找到孩子
Especially up in the woods...
尤其是在树林里...
The statistics show that 88% of the time
统计数据显示88%的受害者
the victim knows their assailant.
认识袭击者
So, you look at people closest around someone
所以,你会考虑他们身边最亲近的人
「拉昌达案警长副手,马克·福斯特」
when they disappear.
当人们消失时
Sometimes it may be offensive to parents
有时可能会冒犯父母
when we ask some of the questions we have
当我们需要问一些问题的时候
but, you know, the parents were the last one to see 'em.
他们的父母是最后见到他们的人
We gotta ask certain questions
我们得问一些问题
to rule them out and move on,
来排除他们后继续
or to other people.
或者问其他人
We interviewed many people,
我们询问了很多人
including Rachanda's mother, Linda Ackroyd.
包括拉昌达的母亲琳达·阿克罗伊德
[ 警方对琳达的询问 ]
她周末的举止怎么样?
她表现正常还是不正常?
她有点沮丧
她说为什么了吗?
事情是这样的
我只是希望她能告诉我一些事情,你知道的
外面很热,我让她给我编辫子
她甚至问我,“妈妈,你真的要走了吗?”
我说,“是的,我得去上班了,你知道……但是……”
尽管如此,只是...
她为什么要问这些,你知道...
I felt like Linda was just...
我觉得琳达只是...
laying out what she knew.
说出她所知道的
And she was very pen and forthright.
而且她非常坦率
I don't think she was lying about it.
我觉得她没撒谎
I think she just really didn't know what happened.
我觉得她真的不知道发生了什么
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
有些事情我们想弄明白
最有可能的是什么?
最有可能的是他会带她去某个地方强♥奸♥她
好吧,所以你认为有人绑♥架♥了她并强♥奸♥了她?
是啊
好吧, 那么...
...然后呢?
我们只能祈祷他没杀了她
但随着时间的推移,琳达一直在想,你知道
侦探们来了,他们一直在猜测
有人带走了她,强♥奸♥并杀害了她
我们尽量不相信,但随着时间的推移
我们忍♥不住会那样想
Some people in the family thought
有些家人认为
maybe Steven Pickle was to blame.
也许史蒂文·皮克尔是罪魁祸首
We know, from court records,
我们从法庭记录中知道
he had sexually abused another child.
他对另一个孩子进行了性♥虐♥待
Children are not safe in his care.
孩子们在他的监护下不安全
His own daughter didn't feel safe in his care.
他自己的女儿在他的监护下都感到不安
Well, that's kind of what I thought Rachanda was running away from.
我以为这就是拉昌达要逃避的
林恩郡治安官
[警方询问史蒂夫·皮克尔]
我爱我的孩子,你问琳达她会告诉你的,当我们在一起的时候...
他们还是小孩子的时候,我是一个好父亲
我是一个好父亲,我每天晚上都和他们一起玩,和他们摔跤
好的...
那么...
琳达打电♥话♥告诉你钱尼失踪了
她到底说了什么?
她问我是否...她说,“史蒂文,你来这边
找钱尼了吗,我上班的时候? "
我告诉她“你疯了吗?”
不管怎么说,来回大约有五个小时的车程
我几乎没有时间开车去那里
然后转身直接开回来
He was not in the area during the time in which Rachanda went missing.
拉昌达失踪时,他不在那片区域
He was in Medford, a long ways away,
他在梅德福,离这儿很远
with his son.
和他儿子在一起
But John could not account for his time.
但约翰无法说清他不在场的时间
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
Well, she thought that I did something to Channy
她以为我对钱尼做了什么
I loved Chandy. I did not do nothin' to Channy.
我爱钱迪,我对钱尼什么都没做
20号♥公路失踪的女人们
下集继续