哦不,那是不对的
不针对孩子
对孩子不是的
孩子失踪没有时间限制
好吧,我以为是...
不不不....
My aunt Linda married Steve Pickle
我姑姑琳达嫁给了史蒂夫·皮克尔
and she had two kids with him,
她和他生了两个孩子
Rachanda and Byron.
拉昌达和拜伦
There's a picture there of my mom
那里有一张我妈妈的照片
with my dad Steve, with me,
和我爸爸史蒂夫还有我
and I'm, you know, I'm looking at them now, and I'm like,
我,你知道,我现在看着他们,我是说
"My gosh, you guys were babies,
天啊,你们还都是孩子
"having babies." I mean...
“刚生下的婴儿”我的意思是...
Holey-moley, they were just so young.
霍利·莫利,他们是那么小
My mom had to be either 18 or 19 in the picture
照片上我妈妈是18到19岁
and my dad had to be 20 or 21, maybe.
我爸爸是20到21岁,也许
They definitely did not get along well.
他们肯定相处得不好
I mean, my parents, both of them
我是指,我父母
were very vindictive to each other.
他们互相嫌弃对方
As kids, we were definitely used as their little pawns.
小时候,我们肯定被他们当作多余的
And of course, my mom would always remind me
自然,妈妈总是抱怨
how much I did look like my dad, Steve, so.
我有多像我爸爸,史蒂夫,那样
They got divorced.
他们离婚了
Linda was struggling to make it on one income.
琳达靠一份收入勉强维持生计
I think I was seven years old,
我想我当时七岁
when my mom and John first got together.
当我妈妈和约翰第一次在一起的时候
John was a mechanic
约翰是个技工
for the State Highway Department.
州公路局的
We grew up there in the Sweet Home area.
我们在甜蜜之家长大
John was my favorite uncle.
约翰是我最喜欢的叔叔
John would actually make you feel
约翰会让你感觉
special.
特别
My 16th birthday, John and I, we went to Arby's,
我16岁生日那天,约翰和我去了阿贝兹餐厅
and I must have had four roast beef and cheddars.
我吃了四块烤牛肉和切达干酪
After that, we went to the drive-in
之后我们去汽车旅馆
And he gave me $50.
他给了我50美元
That was really nice.
真是太好了
A fun... fun day.
一个有趣的...有趣的一天
My mom asked my sister and I
我妈妈叫我和我妹妹
to come talk with her and John.
来跟她和约翰谈谈
And they asked what we think about moving to the Junction.
他们问我们对搬到章克申有什么看法
And at that point, I was like, "This is getting serious."
当时,我说 ,“这不好”
Rachanda was six,
拉昌达六岁
I think, when Linda married John.
我想是琳达嫁给约翰的时候
Linda ended up quitting her second job
琳达辞掉了她的第二份工作
'cause John was so well off.
因为约翰很有钱
From where we were at to where he was at,
从我们所在的地方到他所在的地方
I mean, it was believed some balance financially.
我是指,相信在财务上会有一些平衡
I remember the first time that he pulled $5
我记得他第一次从钱包里掏出5美元
out of his wallet and handed us,
递给我们时
I was like... That was the most cash
当时我想...这是我在那时
I've ever had in my hands at that point in time.
有过的最多的现金
I felt like, I mean...
我觉得,我是说...
That might as well have been a Benjamin.
那可能是本杰明
Some of the people in the family
家里的一些人
couldn't even read or write well.
文化程度很低
And then you have this guy who graduated high school
然后你会看到一个高中毕业的家伙
He had a great career, a previous military guy.
他有一个伟大的职业生涯,当过兵
This guy was my dad.
这家伙是我爸爸
Taught me how to hunt. Taught me how to fish.
教会我打猎,教我如何钓鱼
Actually spent time with me
事实上我们在一起的时间
Definitely heavy-handed, but he was a good dad.
确实很严厉,但他是个好爸爸
You know, my dad, Steve, wasn't around.
你知道,我爸爸史蒂夫不在身边
I knew who he was,
我知道他是谁
but really didn't get to know who he was.
但真的不了解他
It was 1990, during the spring time.
那是1990年春天
I'm 14, Rachanda is 13.
我14岁,拉昌达13岁
I can't remember if I came up with it or it was Rachanda's idea,
我不记得是我还是拉昌达想出的主意
we wanted to get know our biological father.
我们想了解我们的生父
We called up, my grandmother
我们打电♥话♥
on the phone, with the pay phone,
给我奶奶
put the quarter in and called her and said,
把硬币投进去跟她说
"Hey, I wanted to go spend the summer with my dad.
嘿,我想和我爸爸一起度过暑假
"Do you have his phone number, so I can give him a call?"
“你有他的电♥话♥号♥码吗,我可以给他打个电♥话♥?”
My mom was like, "Absolutely not.
我妈就说,“绝对不行”
"Why would you even wanna go see that guy?"
你为什么要去见那个人
I really wanted to know who he was
我真的很想知道他是谁
so I could form my own opinion.
这样我才能形成自己的看法
My dad came and picked us up from the Junction.
我爸爸来了,把我们从章克申接走
We had the windows open, you know, standing by and stuff.
我们打开窗户,你知道,站在窗户旁边
And my stepfather, John, came up.
我的继父,约翰,走了过来
Looked at me, put his finger right at me.
看着我,用手指指着我
He's like, "You remember what I told you."
他说,“你记住我跟你说过的话”
I was like, "Yeah, I remember what you told me."
我说,“是的,我记得你跟我说的”
Never to leave my sister Rachanda alone
永远别把我妹妹拉昌达单独
with our biological father, Steve Pickle.
和我生父史蒂夫·皮克尔留在一起
Members of my family kept their distance
我的家人和史蒂夫
at an arm's length from Steven.
保持着一定的距离
You give Steve an inch, he'll take a mile.
史蒂夫会得寸进尺
And that's saying it loosely.
大致就是这样的说法
We drove to Medford.
我们开车去梅德福
Big change from Santiam Junction.
和桑蒂亚姆章克申有天壤之别
Steve was living in a manufactured home park.
史蒂夫住在一个人造的家庭公园里
But the awesome thing about it was it had the tennis court,
但最棒的是它有网球场
it had the basketball court, it had the swimming pool.
有篮球场,还有游泳池
Had tons of kids to play with and stuff that were our own age.
有很多和我们同龄的孩子一起玩
We ended up having a blast.
我们最后玩得很开心
There was a big field with that tall grass and stuff.
有一块很大的田地,长着高高的草和其他东西
So we were gonna go play hide and seek with a bunch of other boys and girls.
所以我们打算和其他一些男孩女孩玩躲猫猫游戏
But my dad thought it was a ruse, you know, to go have sex.
但我爸爸认为这是一个计谋,是要去做♥爱♥
That's taking a big jump, man.
真是不可思议,伙计
Looking back, I think my dad had some mental illness problems.
回想起来,我觉得我爸爸有些心理障碍
Everything was sexual with my dad. Everything was sexual.
我爸爸的一切事情都和性相关,所有事情都和性相关
That was not even a thought to me.
我根本想不到
Having sex at that point, I just...
在那个时候做♥爱♥,我只是...
You know, they were just kids.
你知道,还是孩子
Then he started screaming at Rachanda,
然后他开始对拉昌达大喊大叫
which made her cry.
她哭了起来
I mean, you got your biological father basically calling you a whore.
我的意思是,你的生父基本上说你是妓♥女♥
And she was like, "I wanna go home."
她说,“我想回家”
She never wanted to see Steve Pickle again.
她再也不想见到史蒂夫·皮克尔了
My sister went back.
我妹妹回去了
And I stayed there.
我还留在那儿
In Medford,
在梅德福
with my dad, Steve.
和我爸爸史蒂夫
'Cause I figured it was just only about a week or two
因为我以为只要一两周
and then we were gonna see each other again.
我们就能再见面了
I wanted to give her a hug but she was already in the back of the truck
我想给她一个拥抱,但她已经在卡车后面了
and I didn't wanna call her back out of there.
我没想把她叫出来
Rachanda came back because her dad was asking her inappropriate innuendos.
拉昌达回来是因为她爸爸问了她一些不恰当的问题
And I said, "Like what?"
我说,“比如呢?”
And she said, "I don't wanna talk about it."
她说,“我不想谈这个”
My aunt married a pedophile.
我姑姑嫁给了一个恋童癖者
She didn't know.
她并不知情
I never said anything about the sexual assault
我从未谈起过性侵
from...
遭受于...
Steve Pickle.
史蒂夫·皮克尔
But it happened
但这种情况
numerous times.
发生了很多次
I didn't say anything because...
我什么也没说,因为...
who would believe a little girl?
谁会相信一个小女孩?
Well, that next morning, Linda came down
第二天早上,琳达下来