他会被认为是一个被判强♥奸♥罪的人
Sometimes I almost wish that he would have killed me
有时候我真希望他杀了我
but I don't do that anymore.
但我现在不这么做了
Especially after I found out that 13-year-old girl.
尤其是在我发现那个13岁的小女孩
Really? A child?
真的吗?一个孩子?
It's just heartbreaking.
太让人心碎了
Marlene tried, but no one listened.
玛琳试过,但没人认可她
Her pleas were silenced.
她的恳求被噤声了
The monster was allowed to continue hunting.
恶魔被允许继续作恶
变得更大胆
My family, in general, was close with John, you know.
总的来说,我的家人和约翰关系密切
My grandmother loved John. Loved John,
我的祖母爱约翰 爱约翰
「拉昌达的哥哥,拜伦·皮克尔」
In her eyes, he was the perfect son-in-law.
在她眼里,他是个完美的女婿
My grandmother died thinking John was completely innocent.
我的祖母去世时认为约翰是完全无辜的
That the law and everybody in the State
法律和国家的每一个人
was just against John, just trying to destroy the family.
只是反对约翰,只是想摧毁这个家庭
When you're around a family, you know, a lot of people are high school dropouts.
当你和家人在一起,很多人都是高中辍学者
And then you have this guy that appears to have all of his together.
然后有一个家伙,他似乎把所有的东西都带了
And he wants to come and be a part of the family
他想成为这个家庭的一员
and marry, you know, their daughter, which is my mom.
和他们的女儿结婚,也就是我妈妈
They all felt like it was a step up.
他们都觉得这是一个提升
They didn't wanna let go of that... The happy ever after, kinda.
他们不想错过,算是从此过上了幸福生活
Well, for me, 'cause I was sexually assaulted
对我来说,因为我被性侵了
throughout most of my childhood
在我童年的大部分时间里
by older men...
被年长的男人...
John was one of the very few that never abused me.
约翰是极少数从不虐待我的人之一
「拉昌达的表姐,詹妮弗·佩辛格」
So, to me, that was a win,
所以对我来说,那是一场胜利
I felt comfortable and safe whenever John was around.
每当约翰在我身边时,我都感到舒适和安全
俄勒冈州,桑蒂亚姆章克申,公路局养护站
I mean, I didn't like the spankings and beatings that we got.
我的意思是,我不喜欢我们被打
I definitely knew that wasn't normal.
我当然知道这不正常
I knew that wasn't normal.
我知道这太不正常
I knew that my other friends, that I went to school with,
我知道和我一起上学的其他朋友,
didn't suffer the crap that me and my sister did.
没有像我和我妹妹那样受折磨
This was a hellish existence for Rachanda and her brother.
对于拉昌达和她的兄弟来说,这是一种地狱般的生活
Ackroyd disclosed in one police interview
阿克罗伊德在一次警方问话中透露
that he had made a paddle that he would use to discipline Rachanda.
他做了一个用来训练拉昌达的桨
He was a good liar.
他很会撒谎
He was truly two different people.
他完全是个两面人
I never saw the John
我从没见过约翰
「拉昌达的邻居,科琳娜·斯特劳斯」
that Linda and the kids had to live with.
琳达和孩子们不得不一起生活
1990年,俄勒冈州,桑蒂亚姆章克申
When Rachanda went missing,
当拉昌达失踪时
he was just like a good old boy, you know.
他就像是一个老好男人,你知道的
「拉昌达案警长副手,马克·福斯特」
"I'm just here to help."
“我只是来帮忙的”
John would come up with these theories on what a guy would do.
约翰会想出一些理论来推测一个男人会怎么做
With John, it was always an... another person.
和约翰一起,总是一个...另一个人
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
一个不良分子可能会看到一个
一个正在发育的漂亮女孩
拿准时机和她一起走上车
林恩郡治安官
因为87磅对一个人来说不算什么
一个那样的小女孩,她能反抗什么?
你用拳头打她,她就会崩溃
那么,做这件事的人
他怎么能让她离开那里而不被发现?
他们可以直接离开
他们本可以马上离开的,他们本可以开车出去的
说他有把刀
他威胁她,如果她发出任何噪音
钱尼可能是那种会被吓得
安静的人
"A guy would do this." And, "A guy would do that."
“一个人会这么做”而且,“一个人也会那样做”
I was convinced he was demonstrating to me what he'd done.
我确信他在向我展示他的所作所为
When he talked about tying her up,
当他谈到把她绑起来
there was a search done of the house and his truck
我们对房♥子和他的卡车进行了搜查
and there was rope with Rachanda's hair
找到缠着拉昌达头发的绳子
in the back f John's truck.
在约翰的卡车后面
He talked about holding her down
他谈到按着她
which was indicating
表明
that she was struggling, yet still alive.
她挣扎,那时她活着
And there was blood found on the bedspread
床单上有血迹
near the front door of the house.
在房♥子的前门附近
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
我想让你给我解释一下那根绳子
她的头发是怎么沾上去的?
我唯一能想到的途径
就是有时她会和小猫玩,然后绕着她的头转
让小猫围着她跑
这是我唯一能想到的
血是怎么回事?
我不知道
绳子上也有血迹
你怎么解释你车上的血迹?
我不知道
The woods have a way of getting darker,
森林用越来越阴暗的方式
entombing secrets.
隐藏秘密
Secrets John hopes will never see the light.
约翰不希望曝光的秘密
John was a Jekyll and Hyde kind of person.
约翰是一个有双重人格的人
He's Hyde when he was my uncle.
他是我叔叔的时候是海德(《变身怪医》中的正面)
Somebody I can count on.
我可以信赖的人
When he was doing bad things,
当他做坏事的时候
that's Jekyll.
那是哲基尔(《变身怪医》中的负面))
But one time, I was with John, in his truck.
但有一次,我和约翰在他的卡车里
It was a while after Rachanda came out missing.
那是拉昌达失踪后的一段时间
And he decided to go off on some side road.
他决定走一条小路
It was all brushy and secluded.
到处都是灌木丛,很偏僻
The bushes came right up to the door, on both sides.
两边的灌木一直长到门口
It was that dense.
就是那么密集
And he said to me,
他对我说
"You know, you could hide a body in here and nobody would ever find it."
你知道,你可以把尸体藏在这里,没有人会找到它
I said, "Yeah, you can. Can't you?"
我说,“是的,你可以,你不能吗?”
And he said, "Yeah. Do you have to go potty?"
他说,“是的,你要去解手吗?”
And I said, "No, I'm good."
我说,“不,我很好”
And I had to go really, really bad.
我不得不,真的非常糟糕
But something told me to stay near the truck.
但有个声音告诉我要留在卡车旁边
I watched him as he went straight down to the left
我看着他直往左边走
and then, I couldn't see him anymore.
然后,我看不见他了
I was terrified.
我吓坏了
And I've never been afraid of John, like that.
我从来没有像那样怕过约翰
At the time, I wasn't aware
那时候我还没意识到
that John was capable of murder.
约翰敢于杀人
I just blocked it out of my mind.
我的潜意识阻止了
But you can bet your sweet bottom
你可以用你的可爱的小屁♥股♥打赌
if I would have gotten out of that truck,
如果我从卡车里出来了
he would have killed me.
他会杀了我的
When Rachanda came up missing,
在拉昌达失踪之后
a week went by,
一周过去了
two weeks, three weeks.
两周,三周
Now it was...
现在...
「拉昌达的表姐,詹妮弗·佩辛格」
She ain't coming back.
她不会回来了
I need to know where my sister is.
我想知道我妹妹在哪儿
This is what you guys are...
你们是...
You guys are supposed to be the good guys helping us out.
你们应该是帮助我们的好人
「拉昌达的哥哥,拜伦·皮克尔」
Help us out.
帮帮我们
Let me know what's going on.
让我知道发生了什么事
This is my sister. This is my blood.
这是我妹妹,是我的血肉手足
This is my best friend, you know.
这是我最好的朋友,你知道
Where is she?
她在哪儿?
The monster is free.
恶魔无拘无束
And they are no closer to finding Rachanda.
他们还是找不到拉昌达
We searched for Rachanda everywhere.
我们四处寻找拉昌达
And we couldn't find her.
我们没能找到她
The evidence, the blood spots and the rope,
证据,血迹和绳子
「拉昌达案警长副手,马克·福斯特」
were problematic for us
困扰着我们
because she lived there.
因为她住在那儿
There are many ways that she could have bled.
导致她流血的方式有很多种
She could have cut herself.
她可能割伤了自己
She could have had a nosebleed.
她可能流鼻血了
We didn't have any DNA evidence
我们没有任何DNA证据
to tie John directly to it.
将约翰锁定