It was very clear to all of us
我们大家都清楚
that he had taken her life.
他夺走了她的性命
But we didn't have a body.
但是我们找不到尸体
At that point in time, they would not prosecute without a body.
在那个时间点,他们不会因为没有尸体而起诉他
You've gotta be able to prove
你必须证明
that she met with foul play
她遭到杀害
and she was killed.
她被杀死
If you can't prove your case,
如果你不能证明你的案件
You can't go try him again. They're done. And you lost.
你不能再次起诉他,他们结束了,你输了
And they're out there, free.
他们就在外面,自♥由♥了
Everything kinda just...
一切都是....
「拉昌达的邻居,科琳娜·斯特劳斯」
went back to normal.
恢复正常了
It was over pretty fast.
很快就结束了
The searches were over before school even started.
搜索甚至在开学前就结束了
Being that young and feeling helpless...
因为年轻及感觉无助...
The beginning of seventh grade was horrible.
七年级的开始很糟糕
「拉昌达的朋友,米歇尔·赛贝尔」
Because she wasn't there.
因为她不在那里
All I know is that my sister's gone
我只知道我妹妹不在了
and my family's destroyed.
我的家庭被毁了
It's done. game over.
它完了,结束了
Here we are, in the world, by yourself.
我们就在这里,独自在这个世界上
I'd give up everything. Even if that meant my last breath.
我愿意放弃一切。即使那意味着我的最后一口气
Just to let her know that I love her. i miss her.
只是想让她知道我爱她,我想念她
They sense, as with Kaye Turner,
他们意识到,和凯伊·特纳一样
Rachanda's life had come to an end.
拉昌达的生命已经走到了尽头
John Ackroyd remains unscathed
约翰·阿克罗伊德毫发无损
and enjoys his freedom.
并享受他的自♥由♥
After Rachanda went missing,
拉昌达失踪后
I don't think anybody suspected John Ackroyd
我认为没有人怀疑约翰·阿克罗伊德
capable of doing anything like that.
会做那样的事
A lot of the guys were like, "There's no way."
很多都人都说,“绝对不是”
And then we started hearing that he actually had been
然后我们开始听说他竟然是
the main suspect in Kaye Turner's murder
凯伊·特纳谋杀案的主要嫌疑人
and he found Kaye's body.
他发现了凯伊的尸体
I think everybody up there was shocked.
我想那里的每个人都很震惊
You just think back. How many times have you seen him?
你只要回想一下,你见过他多少次了?
How many times have you talked to him?
你和他谈过多少次话了?
How many times when you're with him
有多少次你和他在一起?
in the maintenance shop at night?
大晚上的在维修店里?
We didn't want him up there anymore. We weren't comfortable.
我们不想他再在那儿了,我们不舒服
Our only phone on the compound, that was available to us,
我们在营地里唯一能用的电♥话♥
was one phone up in the wash-house in the trailer shed.
就是拖车棚洗衣房♥里的一部电♥话♥
We kept telling the police we spend a lot of time alone here, as women.
我们告诫警♥察♥,我们女人多数时间都是独自在这里
They got quite a bit of pressure.
他们承受了相当大的压力
So they moved him.
所以他们把他调离了
And we were thankful to see him go.
看到他离开我们感到欣慰
John Ackroyd was transferred from the Santiam junction
约翰·阿克罗伊德调离了桑蒂亚姆章克申
to Corvallis, Highway Department.
去了科瓦利斯公路局
And I said, "That's nuts!
我就说,“这太疯狂了”
"That's a college town full of girls!
“那是一个全是女生的大学城!”
"That's crazy!"
“太疯狂了!”
But I wasn't in control.
但我控制不了
When we heard that John had been moved
当我们听说约翰被调到了
to the Highway Department in Corvallis,
科瓦利斯的公路局
「拉昌达·皮克尔案侦探,威尔·麦卡纽提」
we were like, "Holy, who's thinking that one through?"
我们都在想,“天哪,是谁想出来的?”
We need to truly get this guy before he kills again.
我们得在他再次杀人前抓住他
没有人想让一个连环杀手出现在他们的后院
20号♥公路失踪的女人们
下集继续