I still can't, and I'm 66.
我还是做不到,我已经66岁了
There was times I'd wake up in the middle of the night, screaming.
有几次我会在半夜尖叫着醒来
「约翰·阿克罗伊德的幸存者,玛琳·加布里森」
And flailing, and throwing punches and kicking.
手脚乱舞
I gave my husband a black eye once.
我曾经打了我丈夫一个黑眼圈
It was always right there with me.
它一直就在我身边
It was like he was on my shoulders.
就好像他在我肩上
Like i was carrying him on my shoulders
就像我把他扛在肩上一样
but no one could see him or feel him but me.
但除了我,没有人能看到或感觉到他
25英里
姐妹镇
1977年,俄勒冈州,姐妹镇
My husband Bill and I, we went to the rodeo.
我丈夫比尔和我去参加牛仔竞技表演
And got all dressed up.
打扮得漂漂亮亮
We used to wear, you know, cutoff work pants
我们过去常穿,你知道,裁剪的工作裤
and gym pants,
和运动裤
you know, to take care of a baby, all day long.
你知道,一天到晚照顾孩子
And it was the first time I had on a pair of jeans, real nice.
这是我第一次穿牛仔裤,真的好看
Looking good and smelling sweet.
看起来不错,闻起来很香
And I had these boots on that I waited for a very long time
我穿着这双靴子等了很长时间
and my husband did without to buy me those boots, for me.
我丈夫没有给我买♥♥那双靴子
We got there and that's when I started drinking beers.
我们到了那里,就在那时我开始喝啤酒
And... Though they really hit me fast
不过我喝得有点过了
'cause I hadn't been drinking since... What?
因为我很久没喝酒了自从...那什么
Eight months and then nine months. It had been over a year.
八个月,然后九个月,已经一年多了
We had some food and then some people came over.
我们吃了点东西,然后一些人过来
"Bill, I heard you were over." Some buddies of his.
“比尔,我听说你结束了”是他的一些朋友
"Let's go to this bar."
“我们去这家酒吧吧”
I can't go in a bar.
我不能去酒吧
I was 19.
我十九岁
You have to be 21 in Oregon to get in a bar and drink.
在俄勒冈州,你必须年满21岁才能去酒吧喝酒
So, I got angry.
所以,我很生气
"No, we came here, you and me,
不,我们来这儿,你和我
"first time we've been out since, you know..."
我们第一次出来,你知道...
But he hadn't seen his buddies in so long and blah-blah-blah.
但他已经很久没见到他的伙伴了 巴拉个不停
So, I said, "Fine, I'm going home."
所以,我说,“好吧,我要回家了”
I was always used to hitchhiking.
我一直习惯搭便车
In Oregon, back in those days,
在俄勒冈州,那时候
you didn't have to really worry about it.
你真的不必担心
So I went to Highway 20 and I stuck my thumb out.
于是我走到20号♥公路,伸出大拇指
And lo and behold, the first ride I got was John Ackroyd.
你瞧,我叫到的第一辆车是约翰·阿克罗伊德
He pulls over and I run up to the truck.
他把车停在路边,我跑向卡车
And I opened the door and I kinda glanced at the door like this,
我打开门,像这样瞥了一眼门
and got all the way in and shut it.
然后进去把门关上
Then I looked at the little knob
然后我看了看那个小把手
that you push up and down for the lock, and there wasn't any.
那个可以上下拔开锁的,那儿没有
By that time, he was off on Highway 20, driving.
那个时候,他已经在20号♥公路行驶了
I passed out and I went to sleep.
我昏过去了然后就睡着了
Just before dusk, I feel my feet being grabbed
就在黄昏前,我感觉我的脚被抓住
and he was dragging me out by my feet o the passenger side
他拽着我的脚把我拖到了副驾驶座
And my head hit every... from the seat to the car... truck floor,
我的头撞到了每一个地方,从座位到车厢,卡车地板
and to the outside edge of the truck,
以及卡车的外缘
the door, and then, all of a sudden, the ground.
门,然后,突然间,地面
And I... I tried to te... to scream. I couldn't scream.
我…我试着...呼叫,我叫不出来
He even put the knife to my throat.
他甚至把刀架在我的喉咙上
And it hurt. 'Cause he pressed.
这很痛苦,因为他压着
And he says, "You're gonna do every thing I tell you to do, aren't ya?"
他说,"你会照我说的做对吧"
And I go, "Yes, sir.
然后我说,“是的,先生“
"What do you want? Anything I'll do anything you want.
“你想要什么?我愿意做你想做的任何事”
"Just don't hurt me."
“只要别伤害我”
He took my pants by the front of them, belt and all
他拉开我的裤子,腰带和所有的东西
and just ripped all the way down to the boots.
一直扯到靴子上
And then he got pissed 'cause he couldn't get 'em further
然后他很生气,因为他再也扯不下它们了
so he took a knife and he cut my boots off.
所以他拿了一把刀,把我的靴子砍了下来
I wanted my baby to have a mother,
我希望我的孩子有个妈妈
I had to stay alive for her.
我得为她活下去
That's all I pictured in my head, was her little bald head.
我满脑子都是她的小光头
Perfectly round.
浑♥圆♥的
Afterwards, I was, like, in a fetal position
之后我就像胎儿一样的姿势
'cause I was in pain.
因为我很痛苦
And he was, like, you know, um...
他就像,你知道,嗯...
zipping up his pants.
拉上裤子的拉链
Straightening up his jacket and shirt and stuff.
整理他的夹克和衬衫什么的
And I go... And he looked at me and he goes, "Now what do I do with you?"
然后我...他看着我说,"现在我该拿你怎么办?"
I said, "Take me home."
我说,“送我回家”
I was just being nice to him
我只能顺从他
because I wanted to go back to my baby.
只是因为我想回到我的孩子身边
I had John Ackroyd drop me off
我让约翰·阿克罗伊德把我送到
at Bill's mom's house.
比尔妈妈家
So, I'm knocking, knocking.
我不停地敲门
And that's when she came to the door
当她来开门时
and I go, "I've just been raped, he raped me!
我说,“我刚刚被强♥奸♥了,他强♥奸♥了我!”
"Please call the police."
“请报♥警♥”
The police came over and they took a report.
警♥察♥来了,他们做了笔录
After they did that, I left and went to the hospital
之后,我就离开了去了医院
and did the rape kit.
做强♥奸♥采样取证
And then they ask me if I would submit to a lie-detector
然后他们问我是否愿意接受测谎
and I go, "Yeah, I'll do it."
我说,“好的,我会做的”
Because I know I was telling the truth.
因为我说的都是事实
They asked if I egged him on.
他们问是不是我勾引了他
If I, you know, came on to him, you know, sexually.
如果我在性方面主动接近他
Was I flirting with him, you know?
那就是我和他调情,你知道吗?
"Do you do drugs, Marlene?"
“你吸毒吗,玛琳”
"How much were you drinking?" "That much?"
“你喝了多少?”“那么多?”
The police made me feel like a liar.
警♥察♥让我觉得自己像个骗子
Why would a mother of a little, tiny baby
为什么一个小小婴儿的母亲
that's breastfeeding lie...
那是哺乳期,撒谎...
lie about a rape.
关于强♥奸♥的谎言
His explanation was
他的解释是
Marlene, she had come onto him.
玛琳,她主动找了他
And he just kind of submitted to her.
然后他屈从于她
And that, apparently, made sense to the detective.
显然,这对侦探来说是有道理的
I felt stupid. They made me feel stupid.
我觉得自己很愚蠢,他们让我觉得自己很愚蠢
Little woman, brown woman, don't know what she was talking about.
小女人,棕色的女人,不知道她在说什么
They made me feel like it was my fault.
他们让我觉得这是我的错
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
约翰,我想了解一下那里发生了什么
你具体做了什么?
我只记得这个女孩需要搭车回家
她在罗迪欧修女会,她很担心她的孩子
她恳求我继续带她回家
她可以查看她的孩子
我说可以
她开始对我动手动脚
而且,她一直...
向我示爱,所以你知道...
我把车停在路边
我们试过了,我硬不起来
她气坏了
They questioned him.
他们审问了他
Didn't prosecute him or even arrest him.
没有起诉他,甚至没有逮捕他
They believed him and not me.
他们相信他而不是我
How does that fly?
那是怎么样运作的?
[警方询问约翰·阿克罗伊德]
副手停了下来
然后...
告诉我她对我提出强♥奸♥指控
那真是令人震惊,你知道
然后...
他们说他们正在调查此事
副警长和我谈了几次
他说,“你不用担心”
他说,“这可能不会上法庭”
所有指控都被撤销了
After that incident with John Ackroyd,
约翰·阿克罗伊德那件事之后
I was so scared...
我非常害怕...
so paranoid that he was gonna come back and finish me off.
害怕他会回来把我♥干♥掉
'Cause I... You know, I told on him.
因为我…你知道,我告发了他
That's how I got insomnia.
我就是这样失眠的
I'd get up, two or three time, in the middle of the night
我会在半夜起来,两到三次
check every single lock, every single door.
检查每一扇门,每一把锁
He got away with it.
他侥幸逃脱
If he would have been held accountable,
如果他被追究责任
you know, it could have had a chilling effect on him.
你知道的,这可能会对他产生寒蝉效应
He would have been known as someone with a rape conviction.