她最需要的是食物和住所
love, companionship
爱和陪伴
from somebody who cared.
来自关心的人
That's how Ackroyd would, you know,
阿克罗伊德就是这样
get her to pay attention to him.
让她注意他的
「莎丽餐厅,咖啡派」
He was, like, obsessed with her.
他对她很着迷
But once he got her attention, then he became possessive.
但一旦他引起了她的注意,他就变得占有欲很强
He never bought anything for Sheila, only Melissa.
他从没给希拉买♥♥过东西,只给梅丽莎买♥♥过
And he would buy her nachos,
他给她买♥♥玉米片
and he would, like, lean over against her,
他会靠在她身上
put his hand on her leg, you know.
把手放在她的腿上,你知道的
She would get sour cream on her face
她脸上会沾些酸奶
and he'd wipe it off and then lick it on his...
他会把它擦掉然后舔他的...
Blech.
真恶心
Just weird stuff, you know?
就是些奇怪的事,你知道吗?
Always trying to touch her.
总是试图摸她
So I said to Melissa,
所以我对梅丽莎说,
"It seems creepy,
“这似乎令人毛骨悚然”
like he's wanting something more from you."
“好像他想从你身上得到更多”
And she goes, "Tut, oh, Kim, he's like my dad."
然后她说,“啧,哦金,他就像我爸爸”
But you could just tell by the way he groomed Melissa
但你能看出来他引诱梅丽莎
that he had done this before.
他以前也这样做过
Finally, people see John
最终人们认清了约翰
for the monster he truly is.
他是真正的恶魔
Soon, others will join the fight to stop him.
很快,陆续有人加入到阻止他的战斗
Thirty-six-year-old Bill Hanlon
36岁的比尔·汉伦
was recently appointed
最近被州长
to the office of Jefferson County DA
尼尔·戈德施密特
by Governor Neil Goldschmidt.
任命为杰斐逊郡检察官
When I took over the office,
当我接受办公室的时候
my secretary had a... had a note,
我的秘书有一张纸条
"Call Linn County district attorney."
“打电♥话♥给林恩郡地方检察官”
「凯伊·特纳案地方检察官,比尔·汉伦」
So I called him up.
我打给了他
He says, "Hey, have you heard...
他说,“你有没有听说过”
Ever heard of John Ackroyd?"
“之前有没有听说过约翰·阿克罗伊德?”
And I said, "Yeah, John Ackroyd killed Kaye Turner,
我说,“是,约翰·阿克罗伊德杀害了凯伊·特纳”
but nobody could prove it."
”但是没有人能证明他“
And he said, "Well, his stepdaughter disappeared,
接着他说,“好吧,他的继女失踪了”
and we're having a meeting tomorrow in Sweet Home PD,
“们明天在甜蜜之家警局开会”
and we'd like you to come
“我们希望你能过来”
and bring everything you know about John Ackroyd."
“带上你知道的关于约翰·阿克罗伊德的所有东西”
That's where it all started for me.
我就是从那里开始的
I was just a new detective.
我只是一个新侦探
I was the baby, the rookie, you know, the gofer guy.
我还小,是个新手,你知道的,是个小伙子
I says, "What can I do to help?"
我说,”我能帮上什么忙?“
My lieutenant, he says,
我的副手,他说,
"Keep track of them case files for us
“帮我们保管好他们的案件卷宗”
and we'll let you know if we need any help."
“我们需要帮忙的时候通知你”
But I realize that none of those reports
但我知道这些报告
had ever been gathered into one place.
从未被收集到一个地方
They were scattered around in different agencies.
它们分散在不同的机构
But from the reports that I read,
但从我读到的报告来看
they reached a point in Kaye Turner case
在凯伊·特纳的案子中
where they were sure that Ackroyd's the guy.
他们认定阿克罗伊德就是凶手
But John had an alibi.
但约翰有不在场证明
John Ackroyd was with his friend,
约翰·阿克罗伊德和他的朋友在一起
and hunting partner, Roger Dale Beck.
和狩猎伙伴罗杰·戴尔·贝克
Roger Beck was married to my dad's sister, Pam.
罗杰·贝克娶了我爸爸的妹妹,帕姆
「拉昌达的表姐,詹妮弗·佩辛格」
John, my dad and Pam grew up together.
约翰,我爸还有帕姆从小一起长大
Pam told the cops
帕姆告诉警♥察♥
that John and Roger were at home
约翰和罗杰在家里
and attested to the certain hours that they were there.
并且证明了他们在那里的时间
She alibied them.
她为他们提供了不在场证明
Roger could get mean and violent.
罗杰可能会变得刻薄和暴♥力♥
And when he got drunk, he would be even worse.
当他喝了酒时,情况会更糟糕
We heard that Pam divorced Roger,
我们听说帕姆和罗杰离婚了
and she had moved to California.
她搬到了加利福尼亚
An ex-wife not covering for some dirtbag anymore
前妻不会再为人♥渣♥隐瞒
is really a great source of information.
真的是一个很好的消息来源
So I went to California,
所以我去了加利福尼亚
walked up to her front door,
走到她的前门
knocked on the door.
敲开了门
And there were two things that really surprised me.
有两件事真的震惊了我
She told me, "I knew you were coming," and...
她告诉我,”我知道你们会来“,然后...
"I lied like hell back then."
“那时候我撒了弥天大谎”
以下节目仅面向成熟观众
包含,儿童性♥虐♥待、谋杀、强♥奸♥
和暴♥力♥侵害妇女的令人痛心的细节
强烈建议自行决定观看
「加州,斯托克顿市」
「1991年」
There's some times you run across events
有时你会遇到一些事情
that, kind of, lead you to believe
让你相信
that you're right in the middle,
你置身其中
「拉昌达·皮克尔案侦探,威尔·麦卡纽提」
right at the center.
正好在中心位置
When I talked to Pam,
我跟帕姆谈的时候
yeah, that was one of those times.
是的,就是那时其中一次
She was telling me
她告诉我
that she had lied for John and Roger.
她为约翰和罗杰撒了谎
At the time of the disappearance of Kaye Turner,
在凯伊·特纳失踪时
they had come in with blood on them,
他们进来的时候身上有血
and they made statements to her
他们向她陈述
about accidentally killing a jogger.
意外杀死了一个慢跑者
I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up
我能感觉到脖子后面的头发竖起来了
as I spoke with her,
当我和她交谈时
because I realized at that point
那时我意识到
that the hunch I had
我的直觉
had worked out the way it should.
就要走出困境了
I came back to Oregon and I met with Bill Hanlon.
我回到俄勒冈州,见到了比尔·汉伦
That was the turning point in the case.
那是案件的转折点
She told us that they were talking about knives and guns,
她告诉我们他们在谈论刀和枪
「凯伊·特纳案地方检察官,比尔·汉伦」
and they had blood all over 'em
他们浑身是血
and how to get rid of the evidence.
以及怎么销毁证据
At that point, Roger Beck wasn't a suspect at all.
当时,罗杰·贝克根本不是嫌疑犯
So that refocused the case on two defendants.
因此,案件的焦点重新集中在两名被告身上
At that point, things really got busy.
那时,事情真的很忙
From then on, it was like,
从那时起,就像
"Go back to California, ask this and this and this.
“回到加州,问这个和这个还有这个”
See if you can find out more about this."
“看看你能否找到更多关于这方面的”
Let's go find that truck.
我们去找那辆卡车
Where's the evidence at now?"
“如今证据在哪儿?”
Ackroyd was roaming around our county.
阿克罗伊德在我们郡四处游荡
And if we weren't successful,
如果我们不成功
we could continue to find
我们持续发现
dead women around our county
我们郡里死去的妇女
for the rest of Ackroyd's life.
在阿克罗伊德的余生
So we had to make sure we did it right.
所以我们必须确保我们做对了
If we lost, we could've never prosecuted that again.
如果我们输了,我们就再也不能起诉了
Double jeopardy means you can't be held accountable for a crime twice
一事不再理规则意味着你不能为同一罪行
for a crime twice.
承担两次责任
Prosecution has one shot at you.
控方只有一次机会
That's why I was willing to work evenings and weekends
这就是为什么这些年来我愿意
for all those years.
加班加点夜以继日工作
That's why Mark dedicated so much time.
这就是为什么马克花了这么多时间
I became the local volunteer deputy of Camp Sherman.
我成了当地谢尔曼营的志愿者代表
It's a labor of love.
这是义务奉献
You don't get paid.
你不求报酬
We never wanna give up on solving a case.
我们从未放弃破案
「拉昌达案警长副手,马克·福斯特」
1991年8月,帕姆·贝克撤回她的不在场证明
The detectives know their time is running out.
侦探们知道他们必须争分夺秒
And in May, 1992, it does.
1992年5月,的确