She was standing there.
转眼就不见了
And she was gone.
我疲惫不堪 本以为是眼花了而已
I'm exhausted, so I thought I was just seeing things.
但是
But...
你看见了吴女士
...you saw Mrs Vu.
我们需要招魂
We need to do a seance.
什么 不 我
What? A se... No. I, um...
你一直撞见死去的病患 本
You've been seeing dead patients, Ben.
包括凤在内
Including Phuong.
可能她是想传递另一条信息呢
Maybe she's trying to get another message through.
我不能做招魂这种事
I can't do a seance.
我是医生
I'm a doctor.
凤
Phuong!
我在此呼唤你 凤
I'm calling to you, Phuong,
不论你的灵魂栖身于何处
in whatever dimension your spirit resides.
请让我做你的皮囊
Let me be your vessel.
吾身即汝身 吾音即汝音
My body is your body, my voice, your voice.
我邀你附身
I invite you in!
握起你们的手来
Complete the circle.
你们俩 手给我
Hands, guys, hands.
还愣著干嘛
Mm. Mm.
奶奶
Ba ngoai?
奶奶
Ba ngoai!
_又见面了 我的好学生
你知道我想要什么 他们在哪
Now you know what I want, hmm? Where are they?
- 奶奶 - 找到他的灵魂
- Ba ngoai? - Find his souls.
找到他的三个灵魂
Find his three souls!
你把他们都藏哪了
Where have you hidden them? Hmm?
身体里的某处吗
Somewhere in here?
奶奶 奶奶
Ba ngoai? Ba ngoai!
你不能进来
You shouldn't be in here.
我只是来缅怀一位老朋友的
Oh, I'm just here to pay my respects to a dear old friend.
挺敬业啊
Love your work.
你当著我们的面灵魂出窍了 宝贝 双目无神
You tranced out on us, babe. Glazed right over.
嘴里一直念叨著 找到他的灵魂 找到他的三个灵魂
You kept saying, "Find his soul, find his three souls."
找到他的灵魂 找到谁的灵魂呢
Find his souls? Whose souls?
这话应该你来说啊 你还记得什么
You're telling the story here. What do you remember?
有水
Water. Um...
一条河
A river.
奶奶在那里
Ba ngoai was there.
还有别人 应该是一个男人
And... and someone else. Um... a man, I think.
- 我还记得有一条鱼 - 鱼
- I remember a fish. - A fish?
她应该是想告诉我什么
I think she was trying to show me something.
要是她想让我们领会其中精神
If she wanted us to make sense of it all,
应该附身于我才对 我才是灵媒
she should have come through me, I'm the medium here.
他就是导管
He's the conduit.
什么
Hey?
你的手
Your hand.
上面的烧伤 是在想救我奶奶的时候弄的
The burn. It happened trying to save my grandmother.
抱歉 我得走了
Uh... I'm sorry, I've gotta go.
什么 你不能就这么走了啊
What? No, you can't.
我已经连续工作36小时了 我得走了
I've been working for 36 hours... and I've gotta go.
- 本 我需要你帮忙 - 抱歉 我
- Ben, I need your help. - I'm sorry. I am, um...
在你虚构出来的餐厅中的厨子
The chef in the imaginary restaurant.
他说你蕴含力量 你就是命定之女
He said you had power. That you're the one.
我什么力量都没
I don't have any power.
就是那时候我听到他在喊
That's when I heard him calling out.
他人在储藏室里 跪在地上 跟别人说话
He was in the storeroom, on his knees, just... just talking to...
谁
Who?
没谁 当时没人在啊
No-one. There was nobody there.
他就不停在说 抱歉 阿夸
He just kept on saying, "I'm sorry, Khoa.
对不起 阿夸
"I'm sorry, Khoa."
谁是阿夸 顾客吗
Who's Khoa? One of the customers?
我哪知道
Beats me.
鲍吓坏了
Bao was freaked out.
说他在饿鬼月过去之前
Says he won't come back to the shop
再也不会回店里了
till the end of Hungry Ghosts month.
要是老爸身体没恢复 明天不能去店里的话
If Dad's too unwell to work tomorrow,
你就必须要过去了
you'll have to work there again.
- 明天你又不用上学 - 我不能就自己去啊
- It's not like you've got Uni. - I can't do it alone.
那我看看能不能推掉几个会
I'll see if I can move some meetings around.
保罗 过来帮我喂你♥爸♥爸
Paul, come help me with your father.
他得吃药
He needs to take the medicine.
保罗 保罗 保罗
Paul. Paul! Paul!
挺吓人的嘛
Wow. He's terrifying.
我还挺喜欢饿鬼月这传统的
I just love this whole Ghost Month tradition.
无聊透了
Uh, it's lame.
拜托 你得领会其中精神才行
Come on, you've gotta get into the spirit of it.
呵呵
Oh, ha-ha.
快来吃 省得菜凉了
Come eat your dinner before it gets cold.
你父亲怎么样了
How's your Dad?
妈妈需要做髋关节置换手术
Mum's going to need a hip replacement.
不能让她为这破店再操心
Last thing she needs to worry about is that bloody shop.
丹尼尔现在还荒废了两年的学业
And now Daniel throws away two years of study, like that.
你这说的是你♥妈♥的♥顾虑 还是你自己的
Are you talking about your Mum's worries or yours?
丹尼尔很有天赋的 保罗
Daniel's got real talent, Paul.
天资聪颖的穷逼艺术家不在少数
There's a lot of really talented, really poor artists.
我也想让他拿个学位
I want him to get a degree, too.
但他主意也正 跟你一样 你越逼他 他就越不听
But he's stubborn, like you. You push him, and he won't.
我这么努力工作 就是为了能送孩子上大学
I've worked my guts out so my kids could go to university.
- 推迟一年入学如何 - 一年能发生很多事
- What's a year's deferment? - A lot can change in a year.
一天之内 事情就能变个样
Hell, everything can change in a day!
有时候跟你这人 真说不了话
It's impossible to talk to you sometimes.
霍莉
Holly!
我要去开几个小时的会
This meeting'll be a couple of hours.
先吃饭 然后干别的事之前 把你♥爸♥搞定
Dinner, then finish him before any screens.
我诅咒了整个家
I've cursed this family.
爷爷
Grandpa...
你谁都没诅咒
...you haven't cursed anyone.
我吃太多青蛙了
I've eaten too many frogs.
我不觉得因为你吃青蛙 就会被诅咒
I don't think you can be cursed for eating frogs.
在竹条集中营里 我们每天都会埋掉两三个罪犯
In the bamboo gulag, we would bury two or three prisoners every day.
野猪总把尸体刨出来
And wild pigs would always dig them up.
我总梦到打仗
I always dream of war,
但大多数时候我是梦见自己在坟墓里
but mostly I dream I'm in a grave,
然后一只猪在刨
and a pig is digging.
我能听见猪叫 丹尼尔
And I can hear grunting, Daniel.
我能感觉到湿了吧唧的猪嘴舔我的脸
I can feel its wet mouth on my face.
你活下来了 爷爷
You survived, ong noi.
我虽身在澳大利亚
I'm in Australia.
但共和党人还是可以抓我
But the Communists could still arrest me.
是你在店里看见的那人吗
Is that who you thought you saw in the store?
共和党人
A Communist?
阿夸是谁
Who's Khoa?
谁都不是
He's nobody.
谁都不是
He's nobody.
你从来都不信老妈说的这些神啊鬼的 现在怎么信了
You never believed in Ma's nonsense. Why now?
你今天是不在场 很诡异 就好像
You weren't there today. It was weird. It was like...
跟你说了也没用
There's no point telling you.
你拿照片做什么
What are you going to do with them?
奶奶葬礼上用
They're for ba ngoai's funeral.
咱俩一起的合照少之又少啊
There are hardly any photos of you and me together.
我不喜欢拍照
Photography wasn't my thing.
你知道她之前是巫师吗
Did you know she was a sorcerer?
哪种巫师
What kind of sorcerer was she?
她怎么没告诉过我啊 她可是我奶奶
And why didn't she ever tell me? She's my grandmother.
我怎么却对她一点都不了解
Why do I know practically nothing about her?
- 不知道 - 你不知道
- I don't know. - Why not?
靠了 家里是中什么邪了啊
Jesus, what is wrong with this family?
我们彼此之间完全不了解
We know nothing about each other.
胡说
Not true.