剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
没有孩子
Without having kids,
卓斯和我着手为我们重新定义新生活
Trace and I have set out to redefine a new life for ourselves.
我们有一种延伸的家庭概念 不管他们是来上课的学生
Our concept of family is extended, whether they be participants in classes
还是我们决定跟他们一起喝酒的民宿客
or whether it be Airbnb guests that we decide to drink with.
每个来到这里的人都在做些什么
Everybody who comes here is doing something.
你跟那些农场动物一起
You're out with the farm animals
或是做任何事情,但你总是有事情会做
or whatever you're doing, but you're doing something.
这是一间既公开又私人的屋
This is both a public and private house.
大家可以看看这边吗?
Can I grab everyone's attention?
先用胶羹搅拌
Stir it with the rubber spatula first,
但我真的鼓励你们用手搅
but I really encourage you to get your hands in it.
我是这样学整芝士的
This is how I learned how to make cheese.
感觉好正
Feels magnificent.
对你的手很好
It's really good for your hands.
我们把长屋设为烹饪学校
We've set up the Longhouse as a cooking school.
我们这里是相信传统
Our belief system here is about, kind of, traditions
和有时被重新创造的传统
and traditions at times reinvented.
所以不管是发酵
So whether it be fermenting,
保存
preservation,
还是在制♥造♥芝士方面跟姬丝汀合作
or working with Kristen in terms of cheesemaking,
都是以食物来源跟人们建立关系
just connecting people with their food source.
你们都很放松
Well, you're all very relaxed.
我在这里教芝士制♥作♥大♥师♥班
I teach cheesemaking master classes here.
他们真的很落手落脚
They're very hands-on.
行了,8字形,那个速度,非常好
There you go. Figure-eight, that speed. Beautiful.
第一个吸引我来这个地方的东西是
The first thing that drew me to this place
这间屋其中一边尽头有乳牛
was that up one end of the house are the cows.
在早上,我可以给乳牛挤牛奶
And in the morning, I could milk the cows
然后走到厨房♥
and then walk up to the kitchen and make cheese
利用新鲜挤出来的奶来做芝士
with milk that was fresh out of the cow.
对于一个芝士制♥造♥者来说简直是美梦成真
That, for a cheesemaker, is an absolute dream.
将凝乳芝士舀出来
Scoop those curds out
然后倒到盖着平纹细布的 篮子和碗里,明白吗?
and into your muslin with the basket and the bowl, yeah?
他们提供的工作坊类型
The type of workshops that they offer here,
由制♥作♥芝士到发酵
you know, from cheesemaking to fermenting,
这些都是美丽而历史悠久的古老智慧
they're all these beautiful time-honored wisdoms
而某程度上跳过了一个世代
that somehow, I feel, have skipped a generation.
所以我们想回去再做这些事情
And so, we're just kind of wanting to go back to doing things again.
然后行了,接着你就把它翻过来
Et voilà, and then you flip that over.
我们之前有很多人也是过这样的生活
Many people before us have had to live a life such as this one,
自给自足的生活
a life of self-sufficiency.
所以我们从没有认为自己是什么专家
And so, we've never really seen ourselves as being luminaries in any way.
典范在我们之前已经出现
Exemplary exists well before us.
我们只是回去
We're just going backwards to kind of
寻找跟环境更深厚的关系
find a deeper relationship with the environment.
没错,我们现在来了十年
Yeah, we've now clocked up to, you know, ten years here.
所以我现在来到一个阶段
So, I've reached the stage now where, physically,
在体力上我感受到这种生活的影响
I'm starting to really feel the impact of it.
但添麦菲很清楚 我们过程中需要体力上的支援
But Timothy was very aware that we would need physical support in this process.
所以他很渴望确保这里的住宿
And so, he was very keen to make sure that accommodations would be good
适合在这里工作的人
for people that were working here.
我们有幸找到WWOOF的人 以及“打工换宿”的人
We have the generosity of WWOOFers and Workaway.
WWOOF也即是 世界有机农场机会组织的义工
WWOOFers being Willing Workers on Organic Farms.
有个这样的公会
There is a guild that exists.
不管老幼,想要做一些不同事情
People young and old who want to travel a different road
而又真心对我们的生活方式有兴趣的人
and have a genuine interest in zoning into our lifestyle.
我太太和我在澳洲旅游了14个月
My wife and I, we went traveling for 14 months around Australia,
我们到有机和可持续发展农场做义工
and we volunteered on organic and sustainable farms.
当我们来到了长屋
And when we came to Longhouse,
卓斯和朗能马上欢迎我们到他们的家庭
Trace and Ronnen straightaway welcomed us into their family.
我想那是我们第一晚在这里住
And I think it was the first night we were here,
然后带我们去他们最喜欢的法国餐厅用餐
they took us out to dinner at their favorite French restaurant.
(长屋农场经理,尼敦高利)
我们就是这样认识他们
And that was sort of the introduction to them.
我太太和我跟他们成了很好的朋友
So, my wife and I've become really good friends with them.
我们很合拍
We're a great fit.
他们本应只是来两星期
They were supposed to come for two weeks.
我想他们最后逗留了两个多月
I think they were here for a good two and a bit months.
我在这间屋生活的两个月
When I spent the two months working on the property,
真的让我思考
it really made me think about
我想自己人生是怎么样 还有怎样养育我的儿子
where I want my life to go and how I want to raise my son.
我希望我的儿子跟大自然成长 以及在大自然中成长
You know, I want my son to grow up with nature and in nature.
我不想在城市养育他
I don't want to bring him up in a city.
我们最后一次跟尼敦聊的时候
And then the last time we were speaking to Nathan,
他说已再次厌倦城市生活了
he said he'd grown tired of city life again
他们决定他会寻找一下
and that they had decided that he would look around
其他有机农场的农场经理一职
for a farm manager position somewhere on an organic farm.
然后当然,朗能和我…
And of course, you know, Ronnen and I--
我想我们两个那一刻就明白了
I think both of us sort of clicked.
我们挂线的一刻,我们马上看着对方说
The moment that we hung up from the call, we just looked at each other and went…
“我们要聘请他”
"We have to."
退后一点,对,不是,这样好了
Go back a little. Yeah, no, that's good.
非常好,谢谢你,朋友
Fantastic. Thanks, mate.
尼敦和谢丝搬到这区域
Nathan and Jess moved into the area,
尼敦成为了我们的农场经理
and Nathan has become our farm manager.
“维修破围栏”
"Repair damaged fences."
我打算今日开始处理
I was gonna try and get a start on that today.
好
Yeah.
因为山羊爱攀爬
Because the goats love climbing up.
我只是等待它们跳过围栏的一天
And then I'm just waiting for the day that they jump over the fence.
-没错 -然后它们就会到了菜园
- Yeah. - And then they're in the veggie garden.
我只是来了四个月
I've only been here four months so far,
但我认为只是在这里生活 已经有很多东西要学
but I think there is so much to learn just from living in this space.
最近有很多我们年纪的人搬到郊区
There's been a lot of people our age moving to the country
为了过这种生活方式,希望看到四季转变
for that lifestyle of seeing the changes of the seasons
并且再次成为大自然的一分子
and to be part of nature again.
我认为人们来到这里
I think people come here
是很有兴趣作出这种反璞归真的生活
who are very interested in making that kind of tree change.
反璞归真对我来说 就是城市无法再给你带来快乐
Tree change, to me, means that the city is just no longer doing it for you.
那种忙碌、营营役役的生活
That that hustle and bustle and always being on that treadmill
开始失去了它的吸引力
starts to lose that attraction.
你渴望身处更开扬的空间
And that you long to be more in wide-open spaces,
被树木包围
surrounded by trees
还有可以落手落脚耕种
and the ability to get your hands in the dirt.
我们常常问自己一个问题
It's often a question that we ask ourselves.
如果没有长屋,我们的生活会怎样?
If Longhouse didn't exist, you know, where would our lives be?
我想像不到别的地方是我家
And I can't imagine home being anywhere else.
那句经典格言是什么?
What's that classic adage?
家就是心所在的地方
Home is where the heart is.
我认为我们对彼此的承诺
And I think our commitment to each other
可算是体现在对这间屋的承诺
was kind of manifest in the commitment to the house.
说到底,家就是你的伴侣,不是吗?
Home is your partner, really, at the end of the day, isn't it?
如果你有个好的伴侣
If you've got a good partnership.
我认为朗能是最适合我的伴侣
I think Ronnen was the perfect partner for me.
我生命中的确需要像朗能这样的人
I did need someone like Ronnen in my life.
当那股力量来到你的生命之中
When that energy comes into your life,
那是几解放的,因为它给你这种
it's quite liberating because it gives you this,
哗,一切都有可能的感觉
wow, you know, anything is possible.
所以何不利用你拥有的所有资源
So, why not just use every resource you've got
看看你能怎样利用它
and see what you can do with it.
在卓斯出现前
Before Trace came along,
朗能性格几乎是过于执着
Ronnen used to be almost too pedantic
想要事事完美
about everything being absolutely perfect.
他现在放轻松了,绝对放轻松了
He's more relaxed out here. Definitely more relaxed.
长屋真的体现了一种新的生活方式
Longhouse is really a model for a new way of living
你可以跟你周围的大自然平衡地生活
where you can live in balance with nature around you.
我们在很多方面都在努力
You know, we strive in many respects
去重塑我们周围的世界
to kind of refashion the world around us,
去创造一个完美的世界
to create the perfect world.
而在现实中,大自然有很多美丽的东西
And in reality, nature has so many incredibly beautiful things.
没有人类的干预,大自然几乎是完美的
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表