剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
"I wonder if Trace is one of the seven or is he number eight?"
那么,在当时的昆士兰 当同性恋者就是这样
So, that was being gay in Queensland.
你真的无法申请某些工作
You really couldn't apply for particular jobs.
你要非常小心
You had to be very careful.
如果你公开了自己的身份 你绝对在很多地方不会获聘
If you were open, you definitely wouldn't be getting employed in lots of places.
所以当我接触到美发业的时候
That's why when I came across hairdressing,
感觉就十分适合
it felt like such a good fit.
我觉得第一次有自♥由♥的感觉
I felt for the first time that I could be free.
然后我变得更放开自己 我的世界就不同了
Then I opened up and, you know, my world changed.
我知道你不喜欢进来
I know you don't like coming in here.
朗能以前每年都会去布里斯本
Ronnen used to go up to Brisbane every year.
我们以前早上都会一齐去泳池来回游
We used to both go down and do lap swimming in the morning.
那里就是我们相识的地方
That is where our paths crossed.
我们去泳池的时候会擦身而过
We would just walk past each other going to the pool.
然后大概三、四日后
And then after about three or four days,
他就假装在闸机找太阳眼镜
he sort of pretended he was looking for his sunglasses at the turntables.
我无法越过他,所以…
I couldn't get past him, so…
“你想去喝咖啡吗?” “好…听起来很不错”
"You wanna go for a cup of coffee?" "Yeah, yeah. That sounds great."
不,他后来告诉我他没有太阳眼镜
No, he told me later on he didn't have sunglasses.
他不戴太阳眼镜的
He doesn't wear them.
但它很可爱,对吧?
But they're cute, aren't they?
你看看,几乎是你的尺寸
Look at that. They're almost your size.
闭嘴
Stop it.
我们的关系有一个刺♥激♥的开始
We had an exciting start to our relationship
因为我们是分隔于 布里斯本与墨尔本的长距离恋爱
'cause we were dating long distance from Brisbane to Melbourne.
我们以前会在不同地方见面
We used to meet in different spots.
我们变得很习惯跟对方一起 而这样真的好正
We became very used to each other's company, which was great.
几年之后,我们都觉得
It was after a number of years that we decided to go,
“好了,这关系很明显是认真的
"Okay, this is obviously going somewhere,
所以如果我们不做一些更重大的事情 那这段关系就会慢慢转弱”
so if we don't do something more significant, then it will peter out."
我们很多时候都在戴尔斯福特约会
And then we dated a lot in Daylesford,
所以我们觉得这里 很有潜质让我们过新生活
so we realized this had a lot of the makings of a new life for us.
(克里夫斯餐厅)
这是一个乡间小镇 而且对同性恋者很友善
Here was this little country town, and it was so gay-friendly.
而我来自昆士兰 那是对同性恋者不太友善的地方
And coming from Queensland, so not gay-friendly,
这里感觉就很舒服
it just felt so comfortable.
感觉就好像穿上一件很好很舒适的外套
It felt like just putting on a really good, comfortable jacket or something.
真的是这样的感觉
It just really felt like that.
这个想法开始发展
And the concept just began to evolve,
特别是过新年之后,我们完全累透了
especially after a massive New Year, completely wiped out.
我们躺在梳化上看《逃到河边小屋》
And we're lying on the couch watching River Cottage.
规则是如果它无法成为我碟中的食物 恐怕我就不会用它了
The rule is, if it doesn't put something on my plate, I'm afraid it's gotta go.
《逃到河边小屋》 是讲一个厨师兼食评人
River Cottage was about a chef and a food reviewer.
他决定要回归基本
And he decided he was gonna go back to basics
便买♥♥了一间在河边的小屋
and just bought a little cottage on a river.
开始过简约生活
And he began the process of stripping it back
又开始种菜
and then starting growing vegetables
又养动物
and then bringing on the animals.
然后我们想:“如果记者都做得到 我们也能做得到”
And we thought, "Well, if a journalist can do it, we can do it."
而那就好像灵光一闪的瞬间
And it just seems like such a lightbulb moment.
我们就看着对方说:“我们能做得到
We just looked at each other and said, "We can do this.
而这正正是我们可以做的事
You know, that's exactly what we could do
它满足了我们双方热爱的东西”
and it fulfills both of our passions."
从那一刻起,我们就洗湿了头,要做到底
And from that moment forward, there was no turning back.
我想也许我们性格的核心
Maybe, I think, at the core of our personality
就是我们“永远不要坐定”
is this idea of "never sit still."
所以这概念就是活动对惯性
So, the idea of movement versus inertia
还有在过程中学习新技能
and learning new skills every step of the way.
我想那个时候如果我有想清楚 这件事可能会让我却步
I think, at the time, if I had thought things through, it might have put me off,
但这个项目感觉上 就是让我们同居的正确方向
but innately, it felt like the right direction for both of us to move in.
如果我们看现有的东西
If we look at the things on offer,
你们现在是有一幢很显眼的建筑物
what you have is very conspicuously, like, a building,
就像个巨型灯笼那样座落在那里
parked there as a huge lantern.
那么,这个场地平面图是12年前的?
So this site plan is now 12 years old?
- 10年,11年,唔… - 10、11年?好吧
- Ten, 11. - Ten, 11 years? Okay.
朗能一直说如果我们一起建屋
Ronnen always said if we build a house together,
他想添麦菲来负责建筑
he wanted Timothy to do the architecture.
添麦菲和我做了朋友大概24年左右
So Timothy and I have been friends for about 24-odd years.
这里是C
So there's C.
我已认识了朗能… 那时候是无条件友情的年代
I've known Ronnen-- It must have been in that era of unconditional friendship
你可以跟他说 “我要在你家暂住一段时间”
where you say, "I need to stay on your couch."
(当诺云晓尔建筑师楼,D屋)
我有幸曾经在 他第一间有特殊意义的屋住过
And I was fortunate to stay at his first significant house,
而我很喜欢那间屋
which I absolutely adore.
D屋是在布里斯本的
The D House in Brisbane.
所以跟添麦菲合作是完全不用多想
So, sort of a no-brainer in working with Timothy.
就好像大部分建筑师的项目一样
Like most projects that architects work on,
一开始也不清楚最终成品会怎样
it was not very clear at the outset what it would become.
他们最好的地方 就是他们并不是想从中获利
The nice thing is they weren't looking to get something out of it.
他们在想有什么可能性
They were wondering about what could happen.
我们想要一间非传统的屋
We wanted a house that was nontraditional
然后这间屋在任何时间都可以
in the sense that there could be multiple people living here
有不同的人在这里生活
at any one point in time.
我们想有空间去开班教学
We wanted a space where we can run classes,
跟别人学习技能
learn skills from other people.
努力学习园艺和耕作
Learn something with garden and farming endeavor.
我们两个都喜欢在农场生活
Both of us loved the idea of going and living on a farm
跟动物那些东西一起生活的想法
and animals and all that sort of thing.
对我们来说,这间屋的设计非常重要
That design for both of us was really important.
而且当我们买♥♥那块20公顷的地时
And also, when we bought the property, which is 20 acres,
我们可能犯了错
we perhaps made the mistake
没有先跟建筑师去视察
of not actually scoping it with the architect first.
所以我想我们是被景观所吸引
So, I think we were taken by the views.
在维多利亚州
In Victoria,
特别是戴尔斯福特,是被称为中部高地
and particularly in Daylesford, which is known as the central highlands,
这种高度在冬天的时候 气温只有摄氏零至五度
the elevation comes with zero to 5 degree temperatures in winter
而且非常大风
and there's a lot of wind.
添麦菲来这块地的时候,天气非常冻
Well, Timothy came onto the block of land and it was freezing
他离开的时候就想
and, you know, he went away just thinking,
“天啊,这两个人在做什么?”
"Oh, my goodness. What are these guys doing?"
我们要抵抗狂风
We've got to defend from the wind.
这里有七种动物会袭击你
We've got seven species of animal that are going to attack you.
那里有袋鼠周围跳
We've got kangaroos jumping around.
又受到鹦鹉的侵扰
We've got an infestation of parrots.
而且季节转变相当大
We have an enormous amount of seasonal change.
对于你渴望的东西 我们需要收集大量的水
For the things you dream of, we need to harvest an enormous amount of water.
为了收集大量的水
In order to harvest enough water,
为了建造一个在受保护空间里的花♥园♥
in order to make a garden that was within a protected sphere,
我们最终建了一些看起来像棚子的东西
then we ended up with something that looked like a shed.
然后来到了那一刻
Then comes that moment:
你究竟是跟人解释这其实并非棚子
do you explain to people that it's not really a shed
又或是你跟别人说
or do you say to people,
“不管这到底是不是棚子
"Don't worry about whether it's a shed or not,
这是个好主意”
it's just a good idea."
我以为他们黐了线…
I thought they were crazy. I thought they were crazy.
100米长的棚子
A hundred-meter-long shed.
他在一边生活 然后动物都在另一边生活吗?
He's gonna live at one end, the animals are gonna live at the other?
这是很有添麦菲晓尔风格的建筑物
This is very much a Timothy Hill building.
他们将室外生活的想法 转到一个气温较低的地方
They've translated that idea of living outside to a colder climate.
棚子让你融入大自然
The shed itself simultaneously embeds you in nature,
同时也保护你不受大自然影响
but also protects you from it.
有些我妈妈来访的难忘时刻
There's some classic moments with my mother, you know, turning up.
那时候房♥子的外壳已经完成
I think at the time, the outer shell of the house had been finished
然后她猛然转身回到车上
and she spun on her heels and walked straight back to the car.
她说:“我只看到一个棚子
Was, "All I can see is a shed.
如果你们不打算在这里长时间生活
If you don't intend on spending a long time here,
你们很明显是花太多钱在这东西身上”
you've clearly overcapitalized."
当然之后我想
And of course, further on, I just thought,
“珊迪拉 你这个蠢材,你应该早就知道”
"Sandra, you idiot. You should've known."
他成世人做任何事情,最终结果
Whatever he's done in his whole life has just come out, in the end,
都是非常好
very well indeed.
这间屋花了几乎十年 才来到现在这个状态
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表