剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表
I've been living with it for ten, 12 years now, quite successfully.
但很多年后
But a number of years after that…
我的癌症复发
…my cancer came back.
对不起
Sorry.
而那是几难过的
And that was quite difficult.
回想起来,我患了癌症
In retrospect, the fact that I had cancer…
其实是我们买♥♥了这块地的原因
actually was the reason we ended up buying this place,
因为我们明白人生苦短
because we realized that life is short.
你要面对自己的死亡
You stare your own mortality in the face.
而那是很难的事
And that's difficult.
我不在乎你有多坚强,那也是很困难的事
You know, I don't care how strong you are. That's very difficult.
所以我卖♥♥了我的兽医诊所
So I sold my practice,
卖♥♥了我过去买♥♥下的物业
and I sold the property I had acquired over the years.
然后我们讨论过
And we talked about it,
我们决定,好了,我们要尽花所有的钱
and we decided, okay, we were-- are going to blow all that money,
不管多困难都要做
come hell or high water,
自己买♥♥了一块地来保育
getting ourselves a little place to conserve.
派特在我不知情的情况下,开始上网找
Piet started looking on the Internet, unbeknownst to me,
然后他找到这个地方
and he found this place.
有一天他自己来了这里,然后他回家
One day he came out here, and he came back.
他说:“妮甸,你… 说真的,你得看看这地方”
He said, "Nadine, you-- Seriously, you gotta go look at this place."
那么最后,我有时间
So eventually, I had time,
我们来到这里,就爱上了这里
and we came out and just fell in love with this.
这里就是最正的地方
It's just the most incredible place.
我们全家讨论过很多次
And we did a lot of family discussion.
我们认为这是正确的决定
We decided that it was the right thing to do.
而我认为这地方很大程度上救了我们
And I think it saved us in a big way.
当你的伴侣 你的灵魂伴侣发生了一些事情
You know, when something happens to your partner in life, your soul mate,
这也会影响到你
it affects you.
但发生在她身上的事
But what happened to her also,
同样突然间让你思考 什么对你来说才是重要
all of a sudden, kicks into you what your morality is.
你明白到你其实为每一天而活
You realize you're actually living for every day.
我的意思是,你不能保证明天还能活着
I mean, there's no guarantee that you're gonna be around tomorrow,
-没有人可以 -好了,来吧
- none of us. - All right. Come on.
这里一直是我们的避难所
This place has been our sanctuary.
妮甸首次确诊时,我还在读书
Nadine was first diagnosed when I was still in school.
某一刻,你就明白到
At some point, you realize,
“好了,这是很真实的东西”
"Okay, well, this thing is actually something that's real."
我想我们都有经历那些哀伤的阶段
There's those certain stages of grief, I suppose,
直到我们沉淀下来,希望自己还够时间说
and when that settles down, hopefully, you've still got long enough to say,
“好了,现在我在接受这东西
"Okay, well, now that I'm accepting this thing,
我们找个方法向前走吧”
you know, let's find the way forward."
我们买♥♥下这地的时候
When we bought the land,
安东尼还是一个建筑系的大学生
Antony was still a student of architecture at university.
我从来没有想过
At no point did I really think that
他可能在想由他负责建这间屋
he might be thinking that he would be building the house.
我一直痛恨建制
I've always had a hatred of institutions.
如果有人叫我别做什么
And if someone's told me not to do something,
那就是落手做的最好原因了
I mean, that's the best reason to go do it.
在建筑学院
So, in architecture school,
我是班中尾二最低分的
I literally got the second-lowest mark in the class.
有条友不合格,他从来不交功课
There was a guy who failed who'd never handed in his work,
之后就到我
and then there was me.
当妮甸和派特想要建这间屋时
When Nadine and Pieter wanted to now build this house,
我把这地方视为一个机会让我说
I saw this place as the opportunity to say,
“妈妈、爸爸,让我设计这地方
"Mom and Dad, let me design this
然后跟别人一起建成这个地方
and build it with the help of other people.
我会超勤力,我会为这间屋而自豪的
I'm gonna work my arse off, and I'm gonna be proud of it.
而它将会是很出色的作品,我想会的”
And it's gonna be a remarkable piece of work, I think."
安特说:“这是我对这地方的想法”
Ant said, "Well, here's my ideas on the place."
然后妮甸说:“这个嘛,我不肯定
And Nadine said, "Well, I don't know, you know.
家人做的话会容易出现争拗
This is all going to get too close,
而这样对我们的家不好
and it's not going to be good for the family.
宁愿找外面的人设计
Let's rather get somebody from outside to design
那么我们一家人还能保持友好的关系”
so that we can at least remain friends as family."
因为妮甸生病
With Nadine being sick,
这件事把我们团结起来
that thing's just something that unifies you
而这让你能向着一个目标进发
and gives you something to work towards.
如果有无限金钱的话
If there was all the money in the world,
我会请所有人跟家人一起建屋
I would ask everyone to build a building with their family.
这样会让你们一同面对很多难关
You know, it'll put you through a lot of shit,
但希望这会花上很多时间
but hopefully, it will be something that takes a long time
同时又令你们关系更亲密
and brings you closer together, I suppose.
这决定是由安特做的
The decision was made by Ant.
那即是他就假设自己会是建筑师
That means that he just assumed that he was going to be the architect.
什么母亲能够对儿子讲得出口 说也许那并不是最好的主意?
What mother has the heart to tell him that that's maybe not the best idea?
所以最后我跟他说:“好,实在太好了”
So, eventually I said to him, "Okay, that's great."
他们应该在我的能力冒上很大的风险
They were taking a huge chance on my capabilities, I suppose.
但我处理这个项目是带有某种幼稚
But there's a certain naivety with which I approached this.
而我认为这种幼稚是 在世间被一种低估的力量
And I think that naivety is an undervalued resource in the world,
因为总是“噢,你不应该这样做 因为这样很困难”
because there's no, "Oh, you shouldn't do that because it's difficult,"
或是“你不该这样做 因为不应该是这样做的”
or, "You shouldn't do that because that's not the way it's done."
你很年轻,然后你又有荒谬程度的自信
You're young and you have this absurd level of confidence,
而那种自信是毫无任何根据支持
and it's completely unwarranted.
然后你就去…
And you go about to, you know--
尝试建一些拱门和桥 还有那些时髦的东西
trying to make arches and bridges and all these funky things.
很明显地,这些建筑是受某种逻辑所影响
Obviously, they're rooted in some sort of logic,
但你有一种幼稚去发挥那种逻辑
but you have the naivety to exploit that logic.
而那是一种很有力的东西
And that's an incredibly powerful thing to have.
这间屋位置偏远,置身于保育区之中
So the consequence of it being remote within a conservation area
而且客户极度热爱动植物
with a client who's obsessed with the fauna and the flora,
这代表建筑现场不能用上很多重型机械
means that you can't have heavy machinery on-site.
所以它一定要比较小和灵活
So it's got to be relatively small and agile.
而砖头当然是灵活的物料
And brick, of course, is a very agile material.
你能够一手拿住它,又可以带着它 也可以放到独轮手推车上
It can fit in a hand. You can carry it. You can put it in the wheelbarrow.
所以你不需要巨型的混凝土车
So you don't need a massive concrete truck.
这物料也反映了将会怎样建造这间屋
So the material then also speaks to how you're building it.
因为它位置偏远
And because it is remote,
所以需要一些样式重复的模块化物料
you also need something that is modular, that you can repeat.
那里没有科技
There's no technology.
那房♥子里没有什么
There is no system that was employed in that building
前所未见的系统
that has never been seen before.
他们用上那区域所生产的砖块
It's brick from the area,
也用上一些木材作为结构元素
and then they used timber as some of the structure elements.
你会在砖块上看到非常有趣的古铜色
You get the very interesting coloring of patina in the brick.
我们过千年来也一直这样做
We've been doing that for thousands of years.
建筑的过程令人很气馁,有时候很恼人
The construction process was daunting, irritating sometimes.
这件事很困难,而且没有很大的团队帮助
It was difficult. And it wasn't a huge team that built here.
基本上就是五人小组
It was generally a team of about five people.
当时马上出现了回馈回路 而我们其实是不用担心
There's an immediate feedback loop that's-- There's no worry about,
“我会伤害安特的感受” 或是“我会伤害妮甸的感受”
"I'm gonna hurt Ant's feelings," or "I'm gonna hurt Nadine's feelings."
每当安特和我有意见分歧 我们就会以一个很快的方法解决
When Ant and I disagreed on anything, we solved it in a very quick way.
我闹,然后他听
I shouted, he listened,
然后他又带着别的方法回来
and he came back with an alternative.
我会问:“为什么 我们不建一个七米高的拱门?”
I would ask, "Why don't we build a 7-meter arch?"
“安特,你有建过拱门吗?”
"Ant, have you ever built an arch?"
“我有,在建筑学院建了这样大的
"Yes, I did. It was this big at architecture school,
我一把模板拿走,它就塌下了”
and it collapsed as soon as I took the formwork out."
“但妈妈,我向你保证
"But, Mom, I promise you
为了建它出来 我会去学需要的专门知识”
I will get the expertise needed in order to produce that."
我想像中的家完全没有任何
It was not in my vision anywhere
这么大,同时又完全隐形的东西
that we would have something so substantial but totally invisible,
而这是要向安东尼致敬 他解读了我的需要
which is a tribute to Antony, who interpreted my needs,
但以一个比我想像中 更实际的形式表现出来
but in a much more physical way than I had anticipated.
妮甸的要求其实颇简单
Nadine's requirement was quite a simple one.
她很坚持不能伤害任何一棵树
She was adamant that no tree would be harmed,
而她也很坚持要在树冠之间生活
and she was adamant that she wanted to live in the trees.
这间屋高高在树上
This house is high up in the trees.
有些地方甚至是五米高
Some of the place is 5 meters up.
而你其实从任何方向也看不到它
And you cannot see it from any which way, really.
这是颇了不起的壮举
剧集 | 家园(2020) | 导航列表