剧集 | 联邦实案(2023) | 导航列表
他可能和一个少年在一起。
- They are also looking for a vehicle which these two are believed to be driving,
- 他们还在寻找一辆,据信是这两人驾驶的车,
a 1990 Chevy Caprice,New Jersey license plates,
一辆1990年版的雪佛兰随想曲,新泽西车牌,
Nda-21z.
Nda-21z。
2002年十月23日
- Within hours, we had someone whose commute
-几个小时后,我们找到了一个人,他的通勤路线是,
took him along I-70 in northwestern Maryland.
沿着马里兰州西北部的I-70公路。
He decided to pull over to take a break.
他决定靠边停车,休息一下。
And because he heard that BOLO,he was like, oh, my God,there's this car right here.
因为他听到了通缉令,他就想,哦,我的天哪,这里有辆车。
打电♥话♥者:1990年版的蓝色“福特随想曲”车
是你们要找的吗?
调度台:啊,呃。
它现在正停在休息区,就在南山的70号♥公路的西行路侧。
它的车牌是什么?
- The information was not even 12 hours old.
-这消息发布还不到12小时。
I mean, it was happening so fast.
一切都发生得太快了。
- And they said to stop what you're doing and head up to the rest stop.
- 他们说,你得停下手头的事,赶紧去休息区。
Helicopter was waiting.We lifted off,and we started our planning what we're gonna do.
直升机在等着。我们起飞了,开始计划我们要做的事。
2002年十月24日,临晨3:15
They had shut 70 down in both directions.
他们在两个方向上,都关闭了70条公路。
So there was no traffic moving.
所以,没有车辆移♥动♥。
- Staging area was two or three miles from the rest stop.
- 抓捕队集结地,距离休息区,有两三英里远。
Once we got there,we got the verbal briefing from Keith and the other leadership.
我们一到那里,基思和其他领导,就给我们做了口头简报。
So the idea was to smash the windows out of the car,speed, surprise,violence of action.
想法就是:击碎车窗,快速的,出其不意的武力行动。
Overwhelm them with force and surprise and hopefully win the day.
用武力和出其不意压倒他们,希望能赢得胜利。
We'd park on the side of the interstate,and we had to basically climb up a grassy hill
我们把车停在州际公路的一边,我们必须爬上一个长满草的小山,
into the wood line to approach the car from the rear.
进入树林,才能从后面,接近那辆车。
And the car was backed in.
车是倒车进去的。
It was approximately 20 yards of open space between the wood line and the back of the car.
木绳和车尾之间,大约有20码的空地。
- We really felt that we were going into a shoot-out.
-我们真的觉得,我们就要打一场枪战了。
That's what we were gearing up for.
这是我们有所准备的。
We came out single file. We split.
我们排成纵队出来。我们分开。
- We sprinted from the wood line to the back of the car fully expecting the shots to start at any moment.
- 我们从木绳冲到车的后面,满心期待着,随时可以开始射击。
The car had very dark tinted windows,so we really couldn't see inside.
这辆车的窗户颜色很深,所以我们真的看不见里面。
I went to the passenger side of the car.
我走到车的乘客侧。
My job was to breach out the rear window, which I did.
我的任务是,从后窗破门而入,我做到了。
As soon as I did,my partner and I looked in,
我刚一上车,我和我的战友,就往里看了看,
and Muhammad was in the back seat setting up,and his eyes were about this big.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥正在后座上坐起身,他的眼睛瞪得,大概有这么大。
And we gave him commands,put your hands up,which he did.
我们命令他说,举起手来,他就这样做了。
And he's sitting there like a deer in the headlights.
他坐在那里,就像一头,被车灯照得吓坏的鹿。
So I reached in,grabbed him by the wrist,and just as hard as I could pulled him through the window.
于是我伸手抓住他的手腕,用尽全力把他拉出窗外。
Simultaneously,this is going on with Malvo in the front seat.
与此同时,前排座位上的马尔沃,也这样被俘。
- It's like being sucked out by a huge vacuum.
-就像被一个巨大的真空,吸走了一样。
- So once you had them cuffed,did they try to talk to each other?
-你给他们戴上手铐后,他们有没有试着和对方说话?
Did they look at each other?
他们对视了吗?
- We kept them separated on opposite sides of the vehicle.
-我们把他们分开,押在车的两边。
Muhammad was very quiet,never said a word.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥很安静,一句话也没说。
- Malvo, was he chatty or no?
-马尔沃,他到底健谈,还是不健谈?
- They didn't say a word.
-他们什么都没说。
The one thing that stands out to me is that they just had that blank, unemotional stare.
唯一让我印象深刻的是,他们只是那种茫然、不带感情的凝视。
Their eyes said it all.
他们的眼神,说明了一切。
They knew the gig was up.
他们知道,演出结束了。
During that whole three weeks,even at the point of takedown,
在那整整三周的时间里,即使是在擒拿的时候,
I don't think we realized that they were shooting from the back of that trunk.
我想,我们也没有意识到,他们是从后备箱后面射击的。
I remember my blood just going cold because,
我记得,我的血都要凉了,因为,
had they been on watch and been in that position,
如果他们一直在监视,处于那个位置,
they would have had the jump on us,and we would have had no idea.
他们就会,抢先在我们前面动手,而我们根本就不知道。
- Good evening. It's over. They got 'em.
-晚上好。这已经结束了。他们被抓住了。
- A joint tactical SWAT team of federal, state,and local police
由联邦调查局、州警和地方警♥察♥组成的,联合战术特警队,
captured 41-year-old John Muhammad
抓获了41岁的约翰·穆♥罕♥默♥德♥,
and 17-year-old John Lee Malvo,suspects in the sniper shooting.
和17岁的约翰·李·马尔沃,他们是狙击案的嫌疑人。
- Now our work has started,because now we've got to figure out
-现在我们的工作开始了,因为,现在,我们要想办法
how to convict them so that they never see the light of day anymore.
如何给他们定罪,让他们永远见不到天日。
Well, we wanted to find out the story.
那么,我们想知道这个故事。
You know, how did these two meet?
你想知道,他们俩是怎么认识的吗?
安提瓜岛 圣约翰城
Malvo lived with Muhammad and his children in the Caribbean.
马尔沃与穆♥罕♥默♥德♥和他的孩子们一起住在加勒比海地区。
Muhammad had taken his children there-- illegally because he was going through a divorce with the wife.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥把他的孩子,非法地带到了那里...因为,他正在和妻子办理离婚。
That leads us to the why of all this that we have been looking for.
这就引出了我们一直在寻找的原因。
John Muhammad had to give his children back to his wife.
约翰·穆♥罕♥默♥德♥不得不把他的孩子,还给他的妻子。
She took them to live in Maryland.
她带他们去了马里兰州。
He was not seeing his children.
他没有看到他的孩子们。
That is our motive,unbelievably enough,
这就是我们找到的动机,令人难以置信的是,
that he was just furious that he couldn't see his kids,
他只是因为不能见他的孩子而愤怒,
and eventually wanted to kill his ex-wife and get his children back.
最终想杀了他的前妻,把他的孩子夺回来。
- Muhammad started his shooting spree to try to blend her in as just one of the unfortunate victims.
-默♥罕♥默♥德♥开始了他的疯狂射击,试图把那些不幸的受害者,和她混为一体。
- If he killed various people,it wouldn't get right back,you know, that maybe it was the ex-husband that killed the wife.
-如果他杀了很多人,还不能恢复理智,你知道,也许就会发生,前夫杀了妻子。
- You know, he's not a natural-thinking human.
-你知道,他不是一个自然思维的人。
- Good evening.With a possible death penalty looming if he is convicted, the first defendant on trial
-晚上好。如果罪名成立,他可能会被判处死刑,发生在华盛顿地区的,
in the DC area serial sniper case pulled a last-minute surprise today.
连环狙击手案的第一被告,今天在最后一刻,给了我们一个意外。
- Part that amazed all of us was,he wanted to represent himself.
-让我们所有人吃惊的是,他想为自己辩护。
This is a capital murder case,you're facing the death penalty,
这是一起死刑谋杀案,你面临着死刑,
you're not a lawyer,and you say,I'm gonna represent myself because I know better
你不是律师,你说,我要为自己辩护,因为我比任何人
than anybody else, because that was who he is--he was.
都清楚,因为他就是这样的人,他曾经是。
- A psychologist might say this is a death wish for him.
-心理学家可能会说,这是他自寻死路。
- Muhammad will also be able to face down his accusers,
-穆♥罕♥默♥德♥也将能够面对指控他的人,
including survivors,and that is a chilling prospect
包括幸存者,这对去年这个时候
for those who were terrorized around this time last year.
受到恐吓的人来说,是一个令人不寒而栗的前景。
- For me personally,I've never been cross-examined by a subject of one of my case.
-就我个人而言,我从来没有,被我的案子的当事人盘问过。
And he--he did.He cross-examined me after I testified for the prosecution,and he asked me just basic question.
他...他做到了。在我为控方作证后,他盘问了我,他问了我一些基本的问题。
- And whether it was an HRT guy,whether it was a survivor,
-不管是人♥质♥解救队员,还是幸存者,
or whether it was a family member,he didn't get any satisfaction from them.
还是他的家人,他都没有,从他们那里,得到任何满足。
They answered his questions,and they didn't break down and cry in front of him,
他们回答了他的问题,没有在他面前崩溃哭泣,
and I think that's probably something he was looking for.
我想,这可能,原本就是他想要的。
三周内,约翰.艾伦.穆♥罕♥穆♥德♥和李.博伊德.马尔沃杀了10个人,
并造成3人严重受伤。
他俩的案件是被分开审理的。
马尔沃,在杀人时,年仅17岁。被判处终身监禁,不得保释。
在2009年十一月,因犯谋杀罪而被执行死刑。
- I was very proud just to have been a part of it.
- 我很自豪能,成为其中的一员。
I also felt lucky,because there were other guys out there like us...
我也感到很幸运,因为还有其他和我们一样的战友们…
- Yeah. - And everybody wanted to be the ones to do the arrest
-是的。-每个人都想成为那个逮捕
or do the takedown,and we just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
或擒拿敌人的人,我们只是碰巧,在正确的时间,出现在正确的地点。
- When he was given the death penalty,of course, you know,we're supposed to keep it together, right?
-当他被判死刑时,当然,你知道,我们应该保持团结,对吧?
But there was a investigator who turned around
但有一个调查员转过身来
and looked at me and was just in tears,because that's how we felt.
看着我,泪流满面,因为那就是,我们的感受。
Like, okay, you know,we did it.
就像,好吧,我们做到了。
We did justice for,you know, this set of victims.
我们为这群受害者,伸张了正义。
I don't know if there was a dry eye in the courtroom,because it was like,okay, all of this work,
我不知道法庭上是否有人流泪,因为就像,好吧,所有的工作,
all of this emotion, not only from the investigators but the family members
所有的情感,不仅来自调查人员,也来自每天
who courageously testified every day or sat in that courtroom and listened and watched.
勇敢地作证,或坐在法庭上,倾听和观看的家属。
It felt good.
这感觉很好。
剧集 | 联邦实案(2023) | 导航列表