剧集 | 解释一切(2018) | 导航列表
That window is getting more narrow.
“常态”的定义越来越狭隘 也渐渐趋向一致
What is normal is becoming narrower and is converging.
这是前所未有的新趋势
And that's new. We've never had that before.
以体毛为例
So, for instance, body hair.
稍微把时间往前移 西方人以前认为有体毛是社会常态
If you go back a little bit in the West, you find it's much more of a social norm.
有些人会剃掉体毛 有些人则不会
[Cattrall] Some people removed their body hair. Some didn't.
全民女神索菲亚罗兰 很多时候选择保留体毛
Iconic beauty Sophia Loren often chose not to.
后来 零体毛成了常态
But then hairlessness became the standard.
我们将光溜溜没体毛的身体列为常态 并在全球范围内做到这点
We've normalized a hairless body, and we've done that globally.
我们忘记去除体毛 其实是一种美化和美容手段
We forget it's beautification, it's artifice.
这是一种反馈循环
[Cattrall] It's a feedback loop.
我们选择扭曲对“美”的标准
We make choices to bend to the beauty ideal
此举却加强了人对“美”的追求
and that helps reinforce it,
让完美距离我们越来越远
moving the target of perfection even further out of reach.
从小到大 我对维密天使感到深深着迷
[Kat] Growing up, I was kind of obsessed with the Victoria's Secret Angels.
我心想:“瞧瞧这些美女”
Like, "Wow, look at these women."
魅力四射 真希望自己长得像她们
It was like, "Va-va-voom," and I just wanted to look like that.
我反复思索 如果维密不存在
So I do struggle with wondering, if Victoria's Secret never existed,
如果没看过这些时装秀
if I had never seen those runway shows,
我还会不会对美胸执着不已?
would I still have been boob obsessed?
我还会不会想做隆胸手术?
Would I have wanted a breast augmentation?
我们对“美”的理想 已经受到整形手术支配
[Cattrall] Our beauty ideal is now shaped by plastic surgery,
这意味着 未经过整形手术 就无法达到理想形态
which means it's harder to achieve without it.
过去被视为极端的整形手术 如今成为了日常保养
Things that were once extreme have become routine.
到了某个阶段
And at some point,
这些日常保养成了规定
things that are routine can start to feel required.
就像其他事物一样
But it's like anything else.
如果人人都染发
If everybody dyes their hair
活到某个年纪、满头白发的人 会不会被视为不正常呢?
and you just have white hair at a certain age, are you an outlier?
会的
Yes.
相信几乎每个人都会认为
[Cattrall] And pretty much everyone would say
染发没有做整形手术极端
dyeing your hair is less extreme than surgery.
尤其跟巴西提臀术相较起来 更是微乎其微
Especially something like the BBL.
接受巴西提臀术者 必须面临脂肪错置的风险
There's a risk of injecting fat in the wrong place,
如果脂肪不慎注入血管 导致脂肪颗粒聚集
releasing it into your bloodstream, where it can stick together,
引起脑和肺部动脉栓塞
blocking arteries in your brain or lungs,
造成感染、中风 甚至死亡
leading to infection, stroke, or death.
我们采取 侵略性和风险极高的手段变美
There's something strange going on there,
却也从中得到好处
as we take practices that are deeply harmful and risky
这种情况挺新奇的
and yet see them as benefiting ourselves.
过程虽然艰辛 却也给我们带来快乐
It is constraining, but it does also provide some joy.
研究人员尝试评估整形手术 给人带来的好处
[Cattrall] Researchers have tried to measure the benefits of plastic surgery
发现结果好坏参半
and results have been mixed.
但总结所有最具建设性的研究后显示
But one roundup of some of the best studies
整体而言 整形手术确实提升了生活水平
found that, overall, it does seem to improve quality of life.
提升多少取决于手术成功与否
How much though, depends on the surgery.
整形手术让某些人
Plastic surgery allows some people
能更自在地生活在这个世界上
to maybe exist in the world a little bit easier.
对于某些人来说
For some folks,
整形手术是确立性别身份的手法之一
plastic surgery is a way to affirm their gender identity.
我做过眉骨缩小术、提眉手术
[woman] I had my brow bone shaven down. I had a brow lift.
整鼻手术 也做过下巴缩小术
I had a nose job, and I also had my chin done.
整形手术帮助我们变得更女性化 成为想要成为的那种女人
Surgery helps you feminize and helps you become the woman you want to be, but it's…
但整形还有更大的意义
It's so much more than that.
外形越接近顺性别女性
The more passable I am as a cisgendered woman,
走在街上也越安全
the more safe it is to walk down the street
也能过着正常生活
or to just live a normal life.
我们应该停止将自尊心、自我价值
We need to stop thinking about self-worth and self-value
以及自信奉为圭臬
and self-confidence as these arbitrary ideals.
我常对人说 我的职业不是帮助别人变美
I often say that I'm not in the business of making people look better.
而是让人自我感觉更好
I'm in the business of making people feel better.
我更愿意出门见人 更愿意结交新朋友
I'm more open to putting myself out there. I'm more open to meeting new people.
也交到了更多朋友
I've made more friends, I think.
因为自我感觉更好了
And that comes from me just feeling better about myself.
也觉得自己更坚强了
Just feeling stronger.
我感觉到了释然 因为我心里知道
It really is freeing, because I know that,
每一天都会变得更美好
every day, it's only gonna get better
我会变得比以前更自信一千倍
and I'm just gonna become a thousand times more confident than I ever have been.
整形手术 让我在生活各层面上更有自信
It just made me more confident in every aspect of my life.
就个人而言 我认为整形手术 是一种压♥迫♥ 也可以是一种提升
Individually, I think it could be oppressive or empowering.
就整体而言
Collectively,
虽然我们都认同 普罗大众接受整形手术是好事
as something we think it's a good idea for human beings to generally do,
但活在这个世纪上的理想方式
ideally we need to live in a world
是不需要在身体上动刀 也能成为最好的自己
where we don't need to cut up our bodies to be our best selves.
面对我女儿
In regards to my daughter,
我无法告诉她我以后的方向
I-- I even struggled with telling her where I was going today,
毕竟我根本不知道该怎么跟她解释
because I didn't even know how to explain it to her
除非我跟她说:
without telling her,
“妈妈的胸部是假的 妈妈做过隆胸手术”
"Yeah. My boobs are fake. I had a breast augmentation."
我该怎么跟她解释才好?
How do I even explain that to her?
我不希望给她种下这个念想
And I don't wanna plant the seed of,
“有大胸部才会漂亮”
"You need big boobs to be pretty,"
她会永远记住这点
because then that's just gonna be in her mind,
待她长大后 发现胸部不比妈妈大
like, "When I get older, if my boobs aren't as big as mommy's,
就要跑去整形
then I need to change that."
假如把老太太下垂的胸部图案 或是哺乳过的胸部图案
I mean if we could get old boobs, saggy boobs, breastfeeding boobs
贴在每个车站上
and just have them on every bus stop,
我们很快就不会觉得
we'd quite soon stop thinking of normal boobs
正常的胸部应该是坚挺圆润的形态
as these completely pert, round things.
我们应该尽可能少议论
There needs to be less conversations
整形手术的好坏
about the good or the bad of plastic surgery itself,
而多探讨非主流身材意味着什么
and more dialogue about what it means to be a person in a marginalized body
以及渴望变美为什么是整形的初衷
and why desirability is even so important to that experience in the first place.
[closing theme music playing]
剧集 | 解释一切(2018) | 导航列表