briefly
很多年前了
some years ago
在朱安莱潘
in Juan-les-Pins.
你俩之间没有过什么吗
And there was never anything between you?
没有
No.
至少我没有
Not on my part.
你也想不出他为什么
And there's no reason you can think of
会在卧室墙上挂张你的照片
why he'd have a photograph of you on his bedroom wall?
想不出
None.
你昨晚跟人说
You told someone last night
你认为你丈夫
that you believed your husband
跟一个公共汽车售票员有染
was involved with a bus conductress.
那是我私下跟摩斯说的
I told Morse that in confidence.
摩斯警员
And Detective Constable Morse
也私下告诉了我
repeated it to me in confidence.
你在哪听来的
Where did you hear it?
朋友说的
A friend.
艾娃·派珀
Elva Piper.
好个朋友
Friends like that.
派珀小姐说这女人叫什么了吗
Did Miss Piper give you the name of this woman?
没有
No.
就是闲话罢了
It's just gossip.
贝尔伯莱夫人 不知可否
I wonder, then, Lady Belborough,
请你说出你周四晚上的行踪
if you could account for your movements Thursday evening.
我就在家
I was here.
一个人
Alone.
我们玩了几个游乐项目
We went on a few rides--
旋转木马
merry-go-round,
碰碰车
dodgems,
魔术表演
magic show.
珍妮想要我跟她一起上台参与个魔术
Jeannie wanted me to go on stage with her for a trick,
但那魔术师选了
but the magician picked
观众席里的其他男人
some other bloke out of the audience.
那人什么样
What did he look like?
就是普通工人
Normal working bloke.
30多 戴眼镜
Thirties, specs.
他说叫道格
Doug, he gave his name as.
你没发现他 或其他人
You didn't notice him or anyone else
之后在游乐场里跟着你吗
following you around the fair afterwards?
没有
No.
没 怎么了
No, why?
我们就是在玩
We were just having fun.
你在射击摊给她赢了个奖品
You won her a prize at the shooting gallery,
是吧
is that right?
一只猴子
A monkey?
那人♥大♥概是可怜我
I think the fella must've felt sorry for me.
要么就是喜欢珍妮
Or else he fancied Jeannie.
我枪法可差了
I couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces.
你今早清晨4点到6点间在哪
Where were you between 4:00 and 6:00 this morning?
在沙发上睡觉
Asleep on the sofa.
托尼·唐恩和我妻子能证明
Tony Donn and my wife will confirm that.
那周四呢
What about Thursday?
玩高尔夫了吗 大人
Play any golf, my lord?
我恐怕属于那种
I'm afraid I side with those
认为高尔夫是糟蹋散步的人
that think it's a good walk spoiled.
马克·吐温说的
晚上呢
And the evening?
我跟托尼去城里喝酒了
I had some drinks in town with Tony.
怎么了
Why?
我们周五早上发现了一具女尸
There was a woman found dead good Friday morning
就在湖边 离这里2英里的路上
on the lake road about two miles from here.
珍妮·赫恩
Jeannie Hearne.
-你认识她吗 -不
- Did you know her? - No.
你们怎么会这么想
Whatever gave you that idea?
先生 其实是因为你妻子
Actually, sir, your wife.
她认为你跟一个公共汽车售票员有染
She's of the impression you were carrying on with a bus conductress.
而赫恩小姐就是售票员
It happens Miss Hearne was a clippie.
我妻子 督察 是个神经敏感的人
My wife, Inspector, is very highly strung,
歇斯底里的人
and hysteric personality
往往会乱想
often given to flights of fancy.
那您不会介意
You'll have no objection
杰克斯警长看看您的车吧
if Sergeant Jakes has a look at your car, then?
我的车在周三
I'm afraid my car was stolen
被从牛津车站偷走了
from Oxford station on Wednesday.
我已经报案了
You'll find that I made a full report.
不过八成也没用
All the good it'll do.
她男友说你给了她一个毛绒玩具
Well, her boyfriend said you gave her a stuffed toy.
为什么
Why was that?
他说他并没赢到什么
He said he hadn't won anything.
这叫投饵
Got to cast your bread.
客人看见一个漂亮姑娘
Punters see a good-looking girl
拿到了奖品
walking round with a prize,
自己就可能会想试试
might have a go themselves.
这些奖品是哪来的
Where are they from, the prizes?
我不知道 远东吗
I don't know-- Far East, maybe?
我是在替一个哥们看摊
I'm looking after the pitch for a pal.
他病倒了
He's laid up.
后背伤
Done his back.
你一般是干什么的
Why, what's your usual line?
马尔盖特的游乐园
Dreamland, Margate.
一家游戏厅 老虎机
Penny arcade there, slots.
你不是说哈里·罗斯就干那个吗
Didn't you say that was Harry Rose's business?
老虎机 毒品
Slots, drugs.
敲诈 他都干
Racketeering, you name it.
哈里·罗斯干坏事
Harry Rose has been at it
简直比魔鬼还老道
since the devil was in short trousers.
好
Right.
你见过他们了吗
Have you seen them?
奶酪咸菜
Cheese and pickle.
贝尔伯莱夫妇
The Belboroughs?
就差那个网球手了
All bar the tennis player.
她住在兰道夫酒店
She stayed at the Randolph.
其他人基本上都没有比克斯比死时的不在场证明
The rest haven't had a decent alibi between them for Bixby.
但你哥们安东尼·唐恩说珍妮被杀那晚
Though your mate Anthony Donn says he was with Belborough
他跟贝尔伯莱夫妇在一起
the night Jeannie was killed.
你真觉得射击摊的那男人
You really think there's a connection between
跟珍妮·赫恩之间有什么关联吗
that bloke at the shooting gallery and Jeannie Hearne?
我也不知道
Oh, I don't know.
或许送珍妮那只猴子的确是想打个广♥告♥
Maybe it was free advertising giving Jeannie that monkey.
我只是在瞎摸索
I'm just stumbling around, really.
你就擅长这个
It's what you're good at.
第一周我基本没怎么睡
The first week I hardly slept at all.
总在想我会落得
Kept thinking I'd be found
被吊死在牢房♥的铁栏上
hanging from the bars of the cell
或是从高处摔下去
or take a dive from the top walk.
我总等着听到有靴子走上楼梯平台
I kept expecting to hear boots on the landing,
有钥匙插♥进♥锁孔 但并没有人来
the key in the door, but nobody came.
一个月
A month.
我都不知道你是死是活
I didn't know if you were alive or dead.
那是最糟的
That was the worst of it.
也不是吧
Well, no, not quite.
最糟的是 知道那都怪我
The worst was knowing it was my fault.
我太迟钝了
I was too slow.
我的愚蠢差点害瑟斯戴太太成了寡妇
My stupidity almost left Mrs. Thursday a widow, and...
我走进布伦纳姆谷时就知道
I knew walking into Blenheim Vale
我可能会走不出去
that I might not walk out.
那就是职责所在
That's the job, I suppose.
那样的坏事
Something bad like that?
有时 你得拿你的一切
Sometimes you've to put all you are
去对抗他们的一切
against all they've got.
那是我的决定
It was my decision.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表