剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
再说 他父亲不过一个医生
Besides, his father was a doctor.
艾弗林敬上
医生有什么不好 谁不生病呢
There's nothing wrong with doctors. We all need doctors.
我们也需要清道夫和马车夫
We all need crossing sweepers and draymen, too.
并不意味着我们必须与之共餐
It doesn't mean we have to dine with them.
我们没必要与谁共餐
Whom don't we have to dine with?
玛丽不太喜欢马修表亲
Mary doesn't care for Cousin Matthew.
茜玻 乖女儿
Sybil, be a dear
去把我的黑色晚披肩拿过来
and fetch my black evening shawl.
奥布瑞恩知道是哪条
O'Brien knows which one.
伊迪丝 去看看客厅布置好没有
And, Edith, can you see that the drawing room's ready?
很高兴逮到你独自一人的时候
I'm glad to catch you alone.
-是你把他们赶走了 -也许是吧
- You've driven the others away. - Oh, perhaps I have.
真漂亮
Pretty.
我想说 亲爱的
The point is, my dear,
我不希望你 你们中的任何一个
I don't want you, any of you,
对马修感到反感
to feel you have to dislike Matthew.
-反感他的可是你 -那是见到他之前
- You disliked the idea of him. - That was before he came.
现在他来了 再挣扎也是无用
Now he's here, I don't see any future in it.
早已时过境迁
Not the way things are.
我不相信一个女人能被迫将她所有积蓄
I don't believe a woman can be forced to give away all her money
交给她丈夫的远房♥亲戚
to a distant cousin of her husband's.
现在是二十世纪了 简直荒谬之极
Not in the 20th century. It's too ludicrous for words.
不是你想的那么简单
It's not as simple as that.
这些积蓄已经不属于我了
The money isn't mine any more.
它早已成为家业的一部分
It forms a part of the estate.
即使这样 当法官听说
Even so, when a judge hears...
请你听我说好吗 哪怕这辈子就这么一次
For once in your life, will you please just listen!
我相信现在有办法
I believe there's an answer
确保你的未来 给你应得的地位
which would secure your future and give you a position.
你不是说笑吧
You can't be serious.
仔细想一想
Just think about it.
我无须细想
I don't have to think about it.
嫁给一个连刀叉都拿不得体的男人
Marry a man who can barely hold his knife like a gentleman?
你说得太夸张了
Oh, you exaggerate.
你是美国人 这种事你不会了解的
You're American, you don't understand these things.
你把这事告诉奶奶了吗 她笑了吗
Have you mentioned this to Granny? Did she laugh?
她为什么要笑 这是她的主意
Why would she? It was her idea.
你们有没有抽空去乡下逛一逛
Have you been able to explore the village?
我自然去过
Indeed I have.
我认为那所医院
And I thought the hospital
是对您先父的伟大赞颂
a great credit to your father's memory.
不过那位医生倒是与我意见相左
But I'm afraid the good doctor and I did not see eye to eye.
真没想到
Oh, you amaze me!
他正在为您的一位佃农 约翰·德雷克 治疗积水
He's treating one of your tenants, John Drake, for dropsy,
但似乎不太愿意接受一些新的治疗方法
but seems reluctant to embrace some of the newer treatments.
德雷克是个好人 着实不该英年早逝
Oh, Drake is a good man and far too young to die,
但我认为医生自有主张
but I suppose the doctor knows his business.
他显然没有卡劳利夫人懂得多
Not as well as Mrs Crawley, apparently.
对了 如果你们想骑马
By the way, if ever you want to ride,
请告知林奇 他会安排一切
just let Lynch know and he'll sort it out for you.
爸爸 马修表亲不骑马的
Oh, Papa, Cousin Matthew doesn't ride.
我骑
I ride.
那你打猎吗
And do you hunt?
不 我不打猎
No, I don't hunt.
我敢说曼彻斯特可没什么狩猎的机会
I dare say there's not much opportunity in Manchester.
贵府时常出去狩猎吗
Are you a hunting family?
我们这样的家庭都以狩猎为消遣
Families like ours are always hunting families.
不一定
Not always.
比利·斯凯尔顿不允许他的家人狩猎
Billy Skelton won't have them on his land.
所以说斯凯尔顿家的人都疯疯癫癫的
So all the Skeltons are mad.
你打猎吗
Do you hunt?
偶尔
Occasionally.
我想比起乡间运动 你更喜爱读书吧
I suppose you're more interested in books than country sports.
可以这么说
I probably am.
接下来你要说那无益于健康
You'll tell me that's rather unhealthy.
不是无益健康
Not unhealthy.
只是不寻常 对我们这种身份的人来说
Just unusual. Among our kind of people.
我在为他们更换甜点
I'm changing round the dessert services.
我们还缺一个糖筛 我记得拿出去三个
We're missing a sugar sifter. I know I put three out.
我之前跟安娜聊过
I was talking to Anna earlier.
干什么 她怎么说的
Why? What's she been saying?
-你怎么了 -安娜说了什么
- Whatever's the matter? - What did Anna say?
她只是觉得托马斯在欺负威廉
Only that she thinks Thomas is bullying William.
是啊 她也许是对的 我会留心的
Ah. Yeah, she may have a point. I'll keep an eye out.
找到了
Here it is.
我最近在研究安德洛墨达的故事 你听过吗
I've been studying the story of Andromeda. Do you know it?
为什么
Why?
她的父亲是克普斯王
Her father was King Cepheus
暴雨即将淹没他的国家
whose country was being ravaged by storms.
最终 他决定用唯一的方法安抚众神
And in the end, he decided the only way to appease the gods
即牺牲他的长女 将其献给骇人的海怪
was to sacrifice his eldest daughter to a hideous sea monster.
于是他们将赤♥裸♥的她绑在一块石头上
So they chained her naked to a rock...
真的吗 玛丽
Really, Mary,
一会儿我们得需要嗅盐了
we'll all need our smelling salts in a minute.
但是海怪没有得到她 是不是
But the sea monster didn't get her, did he?
是的
No.
就在大家都认为只有他
Just when it seemed he was the only solution
才能消除灾难时 她获救了
to her father's problems, she was rescued.
珀尔修斯救了她
By Perseus.
没错 珀尔修斯 神的儿子
That's right. Perseus. Son of a god.
这才更登对 不是吗
Rather more fitting, wouldn't you say?
不见得
That depends.
我得进一步了解
I'd have to know more about
这位公主和这只海怪才能定论
the princess and sea monster in question.
但愿我也能像那样跳舞
I wish I could dance like that.
像哪样
Like what?
灰熊舞:20世纪初期的舞种 起源于美国旧金山
你不知道灰熊舞吗
Don't you know the Grizzly Bear?
灰熊舞 难道你知道
The Grizzly Bear! As if you do.
我当然知道
Certainly, I do.
奥布瑞恩太太 我们来演示一下吧
Miss O'Brien, shall we show them?
想都别想
Not likely.
威廉 给我们伴奏 来吧 黛西
William, give us a tune. Come on, Daisy.
-我不会 -举起手
- I can't. - Hands up.
黛西 黛西
Daisy. Daisy!
别干那种蠢事了 小心关节扭脱臼
Stop that silly nonsense before you put your joints out.
去看看炉灶 然后上♥床♥睡觉
See to the range and go to bed.
谢谢你 真是太美妙了
Thank you. That was beautiful!
很抱歉 玛丽今晚如此刻薄
I'm sorry Mary was rather sharp this evening.
我与玛丽表亲是否注定成为密友还未可知
I doubt Cousin Mary and I are destined to be close friends.
我不怪她
I don't blame her.
她父亲的家业 母亲的财产
Her father's home and her mother's
都将由我继承 这确实很难接受
fortune are to be passed to me. It's very harsh.
如果说为玛丽着想
What would you say
驳回这限定继承权 你会怎么想呢
if the entail were set aside in Mary's favour?
我会尽可能
I should try to accept it
以我最大的气度接受
with as good a grace as I could muster.
你会吗
Would you?
-晚上好 泰勒 -晚上好 夫人
- Oh. Oh, good evening, Taylor. - Good evening, my lady.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我来道声晚安 卡森先生
I'll say good night, Mr Carson.
看看这刮痕
Look at that scratch.
他们去伦敦的时候 我得把刮痕弄掉
I'll have to get that sorted out when they're up in London.
-几乎看不见 -我知道它在那里
- You can hardly see it. - Well, I'll know it's there.
你现在好点了吗 刚才看你有些烦躁
Are you all right now? Only you seemed a little upset earlier.
是啊 我很抱歉 我有点
Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I'm just...
有点累了
I'm a bit tired.
怪不得呢 晚餐进行得顺利吗
And no wonder. Did the dinner go well?
还不错
Oh, well enough.
不过要是他们想要撮合他们
Although they won't make a match between them
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表