剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
- And he knows this? - Well, if he doesn't, he will.
那就是两难境地
Then there's no answer.
不 还有一条出路 相当简单
Yes, there is, and it's a simple one.
彻底打破对继承权的限制
The entail must be smashed in its entirety
让玛丽成为继承人
and Mary recognised as heiress of all.
-可我们没法保住爵位 -是啊
- There's nothing we can do about the title. - No.
她不能继承爵位 但至少能保住你的财产
She can't have the title, but she can have your money.
还有庄园
And the estate.
我经营唐顿庄园30年
I didn't run Downton for 30 years
不能眼看着它
to see it go lock, stock
落入一个不知哪里冒出来的陌生人手中
and barrel to a stranger from God knows where.
这么说我们将成为朋友
Are we to be friends, then?
不如说是同盟 亲爱的
We are allies, my dear,
同盟办事效率更高
which can be a good deal more effective.
唐顿是一所了不起的庄园 贝茨先生
Downton is a great house, Mr Bates.
卡劳利同样也是了不起的家族
And the Crawleys are a great family.
我们日常起居有规有矩
We live by certain standards
这些规矩起初令人望而生畏
and those standards can at first seem daunting.
应该的
Of course.
如果你面见大人时感到拘谨不安
If you find yourself tongue-tied in the presence of his lordship,
那么他的礼仪和风范
I can only assure you that his manners and grace
会帮助你
will soon help you to
很快地进入角色
perform your duties to the best of your ability.
我明白
I know.
贝茨 我的老朋友
Bates, my dear fellow.
非常抱歉
I do apologise,
我应该想到你们正在用午餐
I should have realised you'd all be at luncheon.
没关系 老爷
Not at all, my lord.
请坐下吧 大家请坐
Please, sit. Sit, everyone.
我只想来跟老战友打个招呼
I just want to say a quick hello to my old comrade in arms.
贝茨 我的兄弟 欢迎来到唐顿
Bates, my dear man, welcome to Downton.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
很抱歉打扰各位 请原谅
I'm so sorry to have disturbed you all. Please forgive me.
你们没问起
You never asked.
托马斯 把那盘端上去
Thomas, take that up.
别管他 黛西 他是个大小伙子
Leave it, Daisy! He's a grown man.
一盘肉饼总能端得动
I suppose he can lift a meat pie.
去把苹果馅饼放进烤箱下层
Now, put that apple tart in the lower oven.
快把那个端走
Oh, and take that away.
林奇先生不该把它摆在这里
Mr Lynch shouldn't have left it there.
-这是什么 -草酸氢钾
- What is it? - Salt of Sorrel.
我要来擦铜壶用的
I asked him for some to clean the brass pots.
找个地方小心放着 那东西可有毒
So, put it somewhere careful. It's poison.
食物准备得也太多了吧
Seems like a lot of food
他们可是正在服丧
when you think they're all in mourning.
哀伤总是让人又饿又累
Nothing makes you hungrier or more tired than grief.
我姐姐走的时候 愿她安息
When my sister died, God rest her soul,
我一口气吃了四盘三明治
I ate my way through four platefuls of sandwiches at one sitting
然后睡了整整12个小时
and slept round the clock.
那之后你感觉好些吗
Did it make you feel better?
没什么用 可总能打发时间
Not much, but it passed the time.
我的天哪
Oh, my Lord!
这些碎鸡蛋本来要撒在哪里来着
What was this chopped egg supposed to be sprinkled on?
是不是那盘鸡肉
Was it the chicken?
没错 赶紧送楼上去
It was. Take it upstairs now.
-可我不能进餐厅 -我当然知道
- I can't go in the dining room. - I should think not.
让托马斯或者威廉去 告诉他们怎么弄
Find Thomas or William and tell them what to do.
倒是赶紧去啊 姑娘
And for heaven's sake get a move on, girl,
一会儿他们就从教堂回来了
before they get back from church.
我们在伦敦和这里
Well, we've given them a memorial in London
分别开了追思会
and a memorial here.
比葬礼好 没这么伤感
I prefer memorials to funerals, they're less dispiriting.
没有遗体我们没办法举♥行♥葬礼
We could hardly have held a funeral without the bodies.
我看他们会建一座纪念碑
I gather they're putting up a stone
纪念那些长眠海底的人
to mark those whose bodies were never found.
事实上我听说加拿大人
In fact, I hear the Canadians
建了泰坦尼克号♥公墓
are making quite a thing at the Titanic cemetery.
想不到他们能找回这么多遗骸
I'm surprised at the number they found.
本以为更多遇难者将安眠大海深处
You'd think the sea would've taken more of them.
莫里 关于那位
So, Murray, what have you to tell me
幸运的卡劳利家成员有什么消息
about the lucky Mr Crawley?
希望不算太糟
Nothing too terrible, I hope.
我只做了一点调查
I've only made a few inquiries,
不过没有什么需要您担心的
but no, there's not much to alarm you.
马修·卡劳利是一名律师
Matthew Crawley is a solicitor
在曼彻斯特工作
based in Manchester.
曼彻斯特
Manchester?
他的专长是公♥司♥法
His special field is company law.
母亲健在 和他住在一起
His mother is alive and he lives with her.
父亲已过世 生前是医生
His father obviously is not. He was a doctor.
我知道了
I know.
这真够古怪的
It does seem odd
我的远房♥堂兄竟做了医生
that my third cousin should be a doctor.
医生也差不到哪里去
There are worse professions.
的确如此
Indeed.
帮个忙
Do me a favour.
这个应该撒在鸡肉上
This is supposed to be sprinkled on the chicken.
不是还有菜要端吗
But isn't there more to go up?
求你了 用不了几分钟
Oh, please, it won't take a moment.
-好吧 交给我 -好的
- Go on then, give it here. - Okay.
我们该谈谈限定继承权的事情
We ought to talk about the business of the entail.
如你所知 你百年之后
As you know, on your death,
承袭爵位者将继承这一切
the heir to the title inherits everything,
除了留给孤儿寡母的那点遗产
except for the sums set aside for your daughters and your widow.
是的
Yes.
根据夫人的婚姻协议
Owing to the terms of her settlement,
这也包括她的那部分财产
this will include the bulk of your wife's fortune.
沉船之后这成了我们
It has been our sole topic of conversation
唯一的话题
since the day the ship went down.
尽管对格兰瑟姆夫人非常不公
Of course it must seem horribly unjust to Lady Grantham,
可法律规定如此
but that is how the law stands.
真没有办法帮她留份财产吗
Is there really no way to detach her money from the estate?
连我都觉得这很荒谬
Even to me, it seems absurd.
令尊坚持要这么做
Your father tied the knots pretty tight.
没有余地变通
I'd say it's unbreakable.
我懂了
I see.
伊迪丝 何必这么入戏呢
Really, Edith, do you have to put on such an exhibition?
她是真伤心
She's not.
要和他订婚的不是你 是我
I was supposed to be engaged to him, for heaven's sake, not you.
我都没这么失态
And I can control myself.
那你就该羞愧
Then you should be ashamed.
这碗蛋怎么还没送上去
Oh, and don't tell me you've not sent up the egg yet.
噢上帝 帮帮我 求你了帮帮我
Oh, God, help me! Please, God, help me!
怎么回事
Well, what on earth's the matter?
赶快去楼上餐厅找威廉
Just run upstairs to the dining room and find William.
-求你了 -我现在没空
- I beg you. - I can't do that now.
求你帮帮忙
You've got to.
-不然我死定了 -什么
- I'll be hanged if you don't. - What?
黛西 是你吗
Daisy, is that you?
是洒在鸡肉沙拉上
Is it the chicken in a sauce
还是橘片白切鸡上
or the plain chicken with sliced oranges?
感谢万能慈悲的主 谢谢你
Oh, thank you, blessed and merciful Lord! Thank you.
洒在鸡丝沙拉上
It's the chicken in the sauce.
我以后要多做善事 我发誓
I'll never do anything sinful again, I swear it. Not till I die.
莫里先生 幸会 快请进
Mr Murray, how lovely to see you. Do come in.
多谢盛情 格兰瑟姆夫人
You're very kind, Lady Grantham,
但我要赶回伦敦
but I must get back to London.
不留下吃午饭了吗
But you'll stay for luncheon?
没这个福气了 我在火车上吃
Thank you, but no, I'll eat on the train.
可否劳驾您
In fact, if you'd be so good
派车送我过去
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表